PDA

View Full Version : Computer Resolution

幕之内 一歩
June 25th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I got a small problem with my computer. Every time I restart, or shut down and then later turn back on, my computer doesn't seem to save the screen resolution. I have to set it to the proper one every time. It's been doing it for a long time and I've just been dealing with it, but I'm tired of it now.

It's suppose to be at 1280x1024 but my computer always loads with 800x600. Anyone know how to correct this annoying problem?

Gerri Shin
June 25th, 2009, 10:59 AM
try updating your video driver or, if your screen has it's own driver and isn't using plug n play try updating that driver.

Alinthea
June 25th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Like Gerri said, it is most likely your video driver isn't updated so much.
It won't be up to date to know that that is the best resolution for your computer.

What version and make is your graphics card?
Or it is an internal one?

幕之内 一歩
June 25th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Alright, I updated my drivers, but my computer still isn't saving my screen resolution.

My video card is a 512 ATI Radeon X1300PRO.

Alinthea
June 25th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Ahh ATI.
Well, that is a little strange.
Look on Google and see if you can find anything, as I will.

twocows
June 25th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Run "msconfig" (Windows key + R, then type msconfig), go to the "Boot" tab, and make sure "Base Video" is unchecked. This should solve your problem.

If this doesn't work, try disconnecting any peripherals except your mouse and keyboard and restarting, and make sure you're shutting down your computer through the Windows >> Shut Down dialogue and not just by unplugging.

幕之内 一歩
June 25th, 2009, 12:10 PM
That worked beautifully twocows. Thank you very much.

Thank you to everyone else as well for helping. :)