PDA

View Full Version : Dome Fossil or Helix Fossil?

CrazyCubone
June 27th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Which do you normally choose in FR/LG?
Dome Fossil turns into Kabuto, Helix Fossil turns into Omanyte.
I pick Dome.

~MagmortaЯ~
June 27th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Dome fossil, Kabutops has Higher Attack stats

Revise Librarian
June 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I picked Dome, since I personally like Kabuto better than Omanyte.

white lancer
June 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
It used to be Helix, but recently I have started liking the Kabuto line better. I like both, though.

Ellie
June 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I always picked Helix Fossil since RBY. I don't know why, I guess I picked it randomly the first time and then decided to always do it. Plus my brother had Kabuto so I just traded with him for one.

Leafeon1201
June 28th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I always get the Dome Fossil. I love Kabutops! OWNAGE!

Ayselipera
June 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Usually Dome because I like Kabuto more.

ravenboy9
June 28th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Helix. The Omas where always preferred by me.

Dirtyjerry
June 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM
felix`since omastar was one of my favorites in blue.

HirakuNoShadow
June 28th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I prefer Dome, I never really liked Omanyte nor Omastar since RBY

Starsky
June 28th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I don't like either but if I had to pick one it would be Dome.

Blazers
June 28th, 2009, 06:21 PM
dome i mean, look at the name! =P

King_Zora
June 28th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Dome, Kabuto is a great pokemon.

ChronicEdge
June 28th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I used to LOVE Kabuto, but I've just started hating it with a burning passion recently.

I think Helix, then. It also helps that I used to have a Shiny Omastar, whereas Shiny 'Tops just looks like vomit.

spooknig
June 28th, 2009, 07:40 PM
dome. kabuto is way better. i also love kabutops

Giraffes? Giraffes!
June 28th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I love Kabuto but i never really knew which fossil was which back in the day when there was no internet :P So i choosed at random. But in my recent plays i've always picked the Helix fossil, i love Omanyte :)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 29th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Even though they both get on my nerves, I chose the Helix fossil all the time because to me it look way cooler, than the Dome fossil. To me Omanyte looks better than Kabuto

:t354:TG

Satoshi Yamazaki
June 29th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I'm gonna have to say Dome fossil. I just like Kabuto and Kabutops better than Omanyte/Omastar, and I just battle better with Kabuto/Kabutops, for some reason.

Satoshi Ookami
June 29th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I've always picked Dome one.
But resurrect Kabuto from it was the all I did with it xD
I've never used Kabuto somewhere xD

.inLOVE
June 29th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Helix fossil, because Omanyte has always been a very reliable Pokemon for me.

Turke
June 29th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I always choose dome fossil...

-Kaiser-
June 29th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Dome of course!Kabutops :D

El Héroe Oscuro
June 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Dome of course!Kabutops :D
Indeed, Dome all the way.
I mean, who would want a tiny hermit thing? Kabutops is way more kickass.

Sainthell
June 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Dome fossil because of the learning moves of Kabuto/Kabutops.

Cassino
June 30th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Helix, sounds cool. I don't use either anyway — I use Aerodactyl.

Mutt19
July 25th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I would prefer dome fossil but whats the all hating omanytes? they may badly compare to kabuto but in the real world it Would be a really good choice but still kabuto is cooler

Rinku
July 25th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I choose Dome, though half of the time I don't even use it and it sits in the back of my bag to rot for the whole game.

magical umbreon
July 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Which do you normally choose in FR/LG?
Dome Fossil turns into Kabuto, Helix Fossil turns into Omanyte.
I pick Dome.
dome cuz kabutops looks sick XD. scythes for hands FTW

kellogs
July 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Dome because of kabutops :D

Genetics
July 25th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Dome cuz kabutops was one of favorite generation 1 pokemon. Plus I liked kabuto's 4 eyesm, those two black dots on shell are eyes right?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
July 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I'm going to join the weird group and pick Helix. :D

At first, I preferred Kabuto, but then when you see some decent sprites for Omanyte, you can see that its actually kinda cute, in a way. Plus, Omastar looks frikkin' badass. And it was the first shiny card I got when I used to collect them :D

Wings Don't Cry
July 25th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I don't really mind but I guess I pick Dome more often than Helix

mew²
July 25th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Dome Fossil ftw! :D The 1st Stage Evo is a lean mean slashing machine!

Parshath
July 25th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I like both. I often flip a coin, when I'm on Mount Moon. xP

fenyx4
July 25th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I used to mix the Fossils and Pokemon up, too... Helix Fossil sounds cooler, though.

Anyway, I chose Dome Fossil. Probably because I like anything that has blades for hands! :rambo: Anyway, Omastar doesn't even look that bad; it's pretty decent! :t139: But Kabutops looks fierce. Kabutops's appearance seems to send off the warning that if you so much as touch it, you'll most likely be losing a finger or two...or a limb. :t141:
The only thing bad about Kabutops are its arms. They look like twigs that can snap off at any second! I mean, Scyther pulls the blades-for-hands theme off well without resembling an oddly-shaped twig... :t123:

Kabuto and Omanyte both look cute...it took me a while to figure out Kabuto's real eyes, though... ;) But I hate it how Kabuto the Pokemon shares its name with Kabuto the ninja from the Naruto series. IMO, Kabuto the Pokemon deserves the name more, since it isn't nearly as annoying as Kabuto the ninja. Kabuto the Ninja brings up some interesting conflict, but let him have some other generic Japanese name... :cer_sneeze:

xxxLatiasxxx
July 26th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I Normally pick the Dome Fossil.

chickengamer
July 26th, 2009, 03:09 AM
i go with helix fossil every time =)
i see alot of you would choose dome though... i think helix is better =)

.Ozymandias
July 26th, 2009, 06:47 AM
In Leafgreen I alternate to get both pokémon for whichever 4th gen game I'm playing, but Omanyte is my favourite - he's just so cute, and has always served me well on whatever team I have at the time.

Johnny590
July 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Who doesn't like an extinct, cool looking crab like Pokemon with Claws that would make your gardening scissors look like babies? xP

Dome Fossil for me.

Simply because Kabuto and Kabutops are win, and I always thought they looked cooler than Omanyte and Omastar (no offense to them). :D

Valo
July 26th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Dome, but it's annoying that you have to wait until the seventh gym to get it at level 5 >.<

FreeStuffPwns
July 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Dome fossil hands down. Kabutops is awesome.. o_0

:3
July 26th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Dome.
Even though I never use that Pokemon Anyway :p

Redstar
July 26th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I always chose Omanyte (Helix), simply because I liked it better and it was cooler.

Then again, I also always chose Hitmonlee when apparently people preferred Hitmonchan. And what game did I choose them on? Blue. I hated Red and never wanted to play it.

MegaSH8
July 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Honestly, I don't really care. But if I had to choose one, it would be the Helix Fossil.

Parshath
July 26th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I used to mix the Fossils and Pokemon up, too... Helix Fossil sounds cooler, though.

Anyway, I chose Dome Fossil. Probably because I like anything that has blades for hands! :rambo: Anyway, Omastar doesn't even look that bad; it's pretty decent! :t139: But Kabutops looks fierce. Kabutops's appearance seems to send off the warning that if you so much as touch it, you'll most likely be losing a finger or two...or a limb. :t141:
The only thing bad about Kabutops are its arms. They look like twigs that can snap off at any second! I mean, Scyther pulls the blades-for-hands theme off well without resembling an oddly-shaped twig... :t123:

Kabuto and Omanyte both look cute...it took me a while to figure out Kabuto's real eyes, though... ;) But I hate it how Kabuto the Pokemon shares its name with Kabuto the ninja from the Naruto series. IMO, Kabuto the Pokemon deserves the name more, since it isn't nearly as annoying as Kabuto the ninja. Kabuto the Ninja brings up some interesting conflict, but let him have some other generic Japanese name... :cer_sneeze:
I think Kabuto means "beetle" in japanese, although I am not sure, and it is possible to search for it. (Wikipedia leads me to http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%8B%E3%81%B6%E3%81%A8 )
Anyways, Kabuto was also Metabee's medal on anime Medabots, I've also seen the name on other animes, so it is most likely a common name there.

Sweet Smoochum
July 26th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I have so many Omanytes. (In Platinum). :P I'm so happy I chose Dome Fossil this time in Leafgreen. (I always choose Helix hoping for a Kabuto, but accidentally end up with Omanyte.) I like Kabuto better. (Thanks for this thread. XD)

Nintendoowned
July 27th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Definately Dome. Kabutops FTW!

Sweet Smoochum
July 27th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Oh man! Dome Fossil is Omanyte. Helix Fossil is Kabuto. Your poll has them mixed up. (I just got Omanyte today. :/)

My vote goes to Kabuto, because Kabutops is more awesome.

.Busou Kihaku.
July 27th, 2009, 04:26 AM
I used to pick whichever sounded coolest at that time, recently i started to go with Kabuto more often. His evo line is serious win.

Lycaeus
July 27th, 2009, 06:04 AM
I usually got the Helix, but this time around I got Dome. But when it was cloned or whatever, I nicknamed it Helix (:.

Redstar
July 27th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Oh man! Dome Fossil is Omanyte. Helix Fossil is Kabuto. Your poll has them mixed up. (I just got Omanyte today. :/)

My vote goes to Kabuto, because Kabutops is more awesome.
Yeah. This is a bit confusing, since your post just above it had you talking about the same confusion and knowing which was which. Yet now you don't.

xSeduction
July 27th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Helix, fersure.
Says the water pokemon fanatic.
And LOL. You keep hoping for a Kabuto from a Helix fossil?
Helix fossil = Omanyte 100% of the time.
Dome fossil = Kabuto 100% of the time.

Mattysaurus
July 27th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I really just pick whatever and stuff it to the back of the bag. Though on RBY I an Omastar because it reminded me of a tire..lol

Skaterzpenguin
July 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I prefer the helix fossil because I like using omanyte/omastar on my team. It has good stats, but just the speed is low, but w/e... Otherwise Kabutops is a good choice though too...

indohekrz
July 27th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I like Kabutops. So, I pick Dome Fossil. But, sometimes I wrong pick.

machinegun777
July 29th, 2009, 09:16 AM
The Dome Fossil, because Kabutops is much stronger than Omastar xD

Rokusasu
July 31st, 2009, 03:16 PM
Helix, I like the way it sounds. XD But I don't actually use either Pokemon. O_O;

Lady Gaga
July 31st, 2009, 03:32 PM
i llike kabutops better, tho the fossil names confuse me, son in the end i always accidentally pick Omyastar

Idiot!
July 31st, 2009, 05:27 PM
Insert random filler here.

magrathean
July 31st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Dome.

Omastar freaks me out a bit, to be honest.

Musashi ✖
August 1st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Dome Fossil all the way.
I've chosen the Helix Fossil on LeafGreen though...<.<
Just wanted to try it out.

MegaKirby
August 1st, 2009, 08:50 AM
Helix because I just like the little snail but, in battle Kabuto is stronger then Omanyte