• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sony Vegas - Two questions

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
Sony Vegas seems really professional so far - many functions, tools. And i get the "Pro" version for free =D
But what is most important for me: Can it make Screen Captures, like Camtasia?
And for the experts under youse: Which settings i should use, for best quality, when i want to upload my video later to YouTube? I only know, that size should be 640 x 360. But what else?

Hope, you will help me =)

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
Years
Hmm, if you get the pro version for free (somehow... -looks at ceiling-) make sure you get the new vegas 9 platinum edition. Call me psychic or something but I just get this feeling that it's the latest version that you can somehow get without paying anything. Just a guess ;D.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT a screen capture device, but don't quote me on that one as I have never had the need for it.
As for the youtube quality, my computer is being worked on by Toshiba atm so I can't give you my awesome recipe for perfect quality. But I do know that on Vegas 9 Plat, there is an option to choose a basic template when you're starting a project and the option I pick is something like: internet video (best). I think that's what it is.

I hope this helps at all... And if I remember or if you still need the HQ formula, my comp will be back sometime next week I could share with you then.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
I found now a video, where the recommend settings are shown, but when i save it as .avi it has very good quality, but it takes hours to upload it on YouTube... and when i save it as .wmv, it goes logically for the cost of the quality... what is the best solution?

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
Years
Hmmm? I could swear that wmv has better quality than AVI. The special rendering that I use, uses WMV format and it's absolutely gorgeous. I would go with the wmv. Uploading in general takes a long time now because the limit on our videos is 1gig instead of 100mb

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Save as WMV with at least an 1MB/s bitrate and stereo audio, it'll be fine for general use.

Rukario

Banned
Years
keep camtasia's capture app.. vegas (and most other 'pro' editors) don't have anything like it.

for best YT qual, save as a .h264 .mp4 with 128 aac audio in 16:9 HD 1280x720 (720P)

Back