PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vegas - Two questions

TERRA#493
June 30th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Sony Vegas seems really professional so far - many functions, tools. And i get the "Pro" version for free =D
But what is most important for me: Can it make Screen Captures, like Camtasia?
And for the experts under youse: Which settings i should use, for best quality, when i want to upload my video later to YouTube? I only know, that size should be 640 x 360. But what else?

Hope, you will help me =)

The Roshi
July 2nd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hmm, if you get the pro version for free (somehow... -looks at ceiling-) make sure you get the new vegas 9 platinum edition. Call me psychic or something but I just get this feeling that it's the latest version that you can somehow get without paying anything. Just a guess ;D.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT a screen capture device, but don't quote me on that one as I have never had the need for it.
As for the youtube quality, my computer is being worked on by Toshiba atm so I can't give you my awesome recipe for perfect quality. But I do know that on Vegas 9 Plat, there is an option to choose a basic template when you're starting a project and the option I pick is something like: internet video (best). I think that's what it is.

I hope this helps at all... And if I remember or if you still need the HQ formula, my comp will be back sometime next week I could share with you then.

TERRA#493
July 2nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
I found now a video, where the recommend settings are shown, but when i save it as .avi it has very good quality, but it takes hours to upload it on YouTube... and when i save it as .wmv, it goes logically for the cost of the quality... what is the best solution?

The Roshi
July 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM
Hmmm? I could swear that wmv has better quality than AVI. The special rendering that I use, uses WMV format and it's absolutely gorgeous. I would go with the wmv. Uploading in general takes a long time now because the limit on our videos is 1gig instead of 100mb

Cassino
July 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Save as WMV with at least an 1MB/s bitrate and stereo audio, it'll be fine for general use.

Rukario
July 2nd, 2009, 07:06 PM
keep camtasia's capture app.. vegas (and most other 'pro' editors) don't have anything like it.

for best YT qual, save as a .h264 .mp4 with 128 aac audio in 16:9 HD 1280x720 (720P)