PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever used an on-screen keyboard?

Cid
July 5th, 2009, 03:59 AM
The question popped up in my mind while typing, since I'm using an on-screen keyboard right now.

It's very tiring to use one, IMHO, especially for typing.

So have you? Have you also used one for typing? And what unwillingly made you use one?

And out of curiosity, does every OS have one? I'm on Windows Vista right now and it does have one (duh).

Ah, my arm hurts.

Citrinin
July 5th, 2009, 04:40 AM
I once used one while I was in bed and thought it would be easier than typing.

Nope. :P It was far easier just to pull the keyboard up to me. XD;

Gerri Shin
July 5th, 2009, 05:55 AM
they're much easier to use when you've got a touchscreen, but yes I've used an onscreen keyboard.

Cassino
July 5th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I tried it once out of curiosity, but have never seriously used it.

.little monster
July 5th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Tried it once, it annoyed me because you have to put letters in very slowly. :| I'd rather just buy a keyboard.

Camisado
July 5th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Yes, I've used one before. It's pretty tedious =[

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
July 5th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Hate the demon keyboard(on screen keyboard). It's very tiring and you might get a few muscle cramps I've heard. Even though my keyboard is the worst, I'd still rather use it than that thing.

Ayano Katagiri
July 6th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I've tried it before and found it too much bother. It's almost like when you're entering text with a controller on a console.

Captain Fabio
July 6th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I have used it, but I wouldn't choose it over the physical keyboard.

Fox♠
July 6th, 2009, 03:17 AM
I had to put up with it on my PS3, after a few weeks I thought "sod it" and brought a USB keyboard, which is much better. :D

.inLOVE
July 6th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Several times, and lemme tell you, it really doesn't do it for me. :<

Cassino
July 6th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Eh, it's not a choice thing, of course you're not going to prefer it over a normal keyboard. Note how it is found under accessability features. It's for people with, say, one arm or some problem that inhibits normal keyboard use (one could just get a one-handed Dvorak keyboard, but that's besides the point).

>Feelings<
July 9th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I've used the on-screen keyboard once when one keyboard of mine was damaged. I only used it till that night, and the next day I got a new one.

I've also had to use the keyboard instead of the mouse a lot of times.

BeachBoy
July 9th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I only have to use it on the Wii, other than that, heck no. ._.

Anxiety.
July 12th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I've used one before. I much prefer using a normal keyboard though, I guess I'm just more used to them.

Sora
July 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I've used one when my laptop's keyboard decided to die. :| I had to log in so I can save my stuff so I can restart it, so Online Keyboard used. Luckily, I only used it to type in my password. >> I would have died otherwise.

machinegun777
July 12th, 2009, 03:08 PM
No, I'm a fast typer so it's much easier for me to use my keyboard then an on-screen keyboard.

Eon-Rider
July 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I had to use Windows XP's one one after a blackout when the keyboard failed to function.

Mitchman
July 12th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I used it for 3 months straight so yes its horrifying.

Fantomix
July 13th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I used to when I entered my Runescape PW because I was paranoid of keyloggers xD.

Robot From Heaven
July 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
yes, when my left wristt broke. just though i'd try...

Reck
July 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
ya I've used one on psp. It's alright.

maxieboy34
July 14th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I've used teh Windows 7 one yesterday. I actually brought my Razer Lycosa (:D) to a friend yesterday, and when I came home, I was just too lazy to get it out of the box and put it on my desk XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 17th, 2009, 12:11 PM
The only time I used an on-screen keyboard is when my mom takes my keybaord away from me. But I never liked it because I found it very pointless to use when you already have a keyboard, its so much easier to use a regular keyboard

:t354:TG

SMGKururu
July 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
When my ZBoard wouldn't work I did.

WHAT KIND OF GAMING KEYBOARD ISN'T SUPPOSED TO WORK WITH VISTA! I had to run the friggin' installer in compatibility mode!

DrCoolSanta
July 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
When I got my new tablet, it showed me the onscreen one and lemme make this clear, never in my life am I gonna even try to use one.

Little Monster
July 26th, 2009, 06:22 AM
On the computer and on the wii other than that not really.

Zeroess
July 26th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Never in my life. How do I get it up?!

Ascaris
July 26th, 2009, 09:30 AM
No, and I don't see the need. I type pretty fast on the regular keyboard.

Fernando
July 26th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Tried it once, it annoyed me because you have to put letters in very slowly. :| I'd rather just buy a keyboard.Well just type fast on one get used to it @_@ really easy. Yes I use one on my Ipod Touch.