PDA

View Full Version : How often do you try/not try to be the center of attention?

Lover's Kite
July 6th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Are you the type of girl person who likes attention? Just like a fan of an artist craves more music? :<
Do you sometimes not always try not to be in the spotlight? Try to be?

I don't crave attention, or need it obsessively, however I do now a girl someone who does; it's really pathetic~

How about you guys? :3

Klippy
July 6th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I try to avoid being the center of attention nowadays. I just don't like being that sorta person. :[

If I do get attention, I want it to be natural and not forced like, "HEY LOOK AT ME".

Guillermo
July 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I just talk and stuff. I'm not like ~a girl~ I know who does. :3

s0nido
July 6th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yup. ^__^ I try to get as much attention as possible, but not by poking fun at others or poking fun at myself. I just try to make jokes about anything and draw good attention to me. Though sometimes, I don't exactly get good attention :S

Citrinin
July 6th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I don't try to be the centre of attention, but I don't try to avoid being it either. I'm OK with either situation, tbh. XD;

Signomi
July 6th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Are you the type of girl person who likes attention? Just like a fan of an artist craves more music? :<
Do you sometimes not always try not to be in the spotlight? Try to be?

I don't crave attention, or need it obsessively, however I do now a girl someone who does; it's really pathetic~

How about you guys? :3

Alright, I don't know why you felt the need to post this thread with some sort of derogatory mention towards somebody else. Don't think I don't know what you're talking about, if you so bitterly hold some sort of grudge against an aspect of this person then keep it to yourself and to those who think similarly, do NOT bring it to PC and DO NOT hint it like that in a thread. My god, I should think you'd know better than that. >_>

Anyway I'm not one for spotlight, I try to avoid staying out of it myself. Though I admit, I do like some occasions where I'm garnering attention but that's because I want the things I do to be recognised, otherwise I feel it's better for me not to stand out too much.

>Feelings<
July 7th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Well, no, I never want to be center of attention. I almost always try to stay out of it.
But sometimes though, I don't mind it much.

Alright, I don't know why you felt the need to post this thread with some sort of derogatory mention towards somebody else. Don't think I don't know what you're talking about, if you so bitterly hold some sort of grudge against an aspect of this person then keep it to yourself and to those who think similarly, do NOT bring it to PC and DO NOT hint it like that in a thread. My god, I should think you'd know better than that. >_>

*Looks through this quote again* *smiles*
You sound like it's you, lol. No offense, I just felt that.

Switchback
July 7th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I try to avoid it as much as possible, being put on the spot does nothing good for me yet because of my quirks they just have to bring it up or confront me about it. People are so irritating, sometimes I wish they'd just leave me alone. "Why do you always have headphones or earphones in?" What's wrong with that? Not causing you any harm is it? Maybe I should have replied, "Helps to drown you out." Sorry, guess I'm venting. Basically though, I don't like people who are blatant attention seekers.

viridian doubletongue
July 7th, 2009, 02:31 AM
i LOVE being the centre of attention to be honest... well only if it's in a good light. there's always people who like to kick up shlt just to get attention, be it good or bad.

itry just to be outgoing and outspoken when appropriate, and ienjoy it if people take a shine to me.

derozio
July 7th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I am not a kind of person who tries to get attention. But I know someone who craves for it ~a girl colleague~.

Mitchman
July 7th, 2009, 02:51 AM
I try ot but my Dad who is a bit stubborn after his sickness always makes me so its unavoidable.

Katalyst
July 7th, 2009, 02:51 AM
I always try to avoid it. I hate to be the center of attention, it makes me feel nervous.

Corvus of the Black Night
July 7th, 2009, 05:17 AM
It really depends. I like to appeal to people with my talents, and I like to be the center at that point. But most of the time I prefer to stay off the radar.

.little monster
July 7th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I hate being the center of attention so I try not to be.

.Seth
July 7th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I try to avoid being the center of attention, but if I'm dragged into it, I'll make the best of it. :3

Azonic
July 7th, 2009, 05:46 AM
IRL, I talk wayy too much and can't really help it. It just comes naturally. XD So yeah, I am the center of attention.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 7th, 2009, 08:41 AM
For some odd reason even when I avoid being the center of attention, I always seem to become more of it. Its probably because I'm "different" "unique" as what people say (ie: Black, Red and Blonde hair)

:t354:TG

Alexithymia~
July 7th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Ewww, I hate being centre of attention.
I just don't like it.

Cherrim
July 7th, 2009, 09:24 AM
IRL, I talk wayy too much and can't really help it. It just comes naturally. XD So yeah, I am the center of attention.
^ ...except expand it to online too.

:( Lol I think I come off as really obnoxious a lot of the time but I just like to be heard.

Jorah
July 7th, 2009, 09:55 AM
It depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes, I hate to be, like if someone makes a random comment and everyone stares at you or when you're talking in front of the class, but when I'm talking with family or friends, I love to be. It's just nice to be noticed when you're saying something ~

Miss Soupy
July 7th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I can't help but want acknowledgment when I've done something I found amazing. xD;; Other than that, I'm usually the one giving the attention and whatnot, but steering clear from the center stage, of course.

Surf
July 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Most of the time it happens accidentally, and I say something stupid.
So I don't like it, unless it's for a really good thing :D

usami
July 7th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I'd never try to be the center of attention, in fact, I avidly work at not being so. C:

Lily!
July 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I don't like attention, so I try not to be.

LugiaFreak
July 7th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Never. I hate being the center of attention at school and other places with a lot of people, and I tend to keep as low a profile as possible. I'm also terrified of public speaking, so that doesn't help. O_o

EpsilonE
July 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Well, I do admit I tend to try to get the eyes on moi in most circumstances, irl and internet. Probably for confidence.

Other days, I want everyone to leave me alone, play pokemon and take a really long nap

Anxiety.
July 8th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I hate being the center of attention. I'm socially awkward.
However, I know someone who just has to be it. Actually, I know a few people who are like that. It drives me insane when people have to have all eyes on them.

OokamiShipper
July 8th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I can't say I like being in the center of attention. ^^;
So I try my best to stay out of it. xP

Kakex
July 8th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Depends on Situation ;) i dont usyally want to be center, but i know some ppl who want^^

Gold warehouse
July 8th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I do like attention, but I don't crave it. I don't like to be seen as one of many. I would always snatch up the lead role in drama class and always offered to demonstrate a speech or read a book out loud in English class. I didn't want all eyes on me constantly though, I was willing to give my attention to others.

Kazukii
July 8th, 2009, 08:01 AM
There are times when I love being the center of attention & times when I try to distract any attention from myself.

The Darkest Gale
July 8th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I always try NOT to be the center of attention
I just shut up and stay with my friends
thats enough attention for me C=

Ayselipera
July 8th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I avoid being the center of attention because I find it very unnerving when everyone is looking at me. Although every once in a while if a subject comes up that I'm very confident about or I have strong feelings about something I'll through myself into the center.

Netto Azure
July 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah I admit...sometimes I do. :<

Seriously I get jelous sometimes due to Popularity ans all that. XD

Avey
July 10th, 2009, 12:48 PM
If I do get attention, I want it to be natural and not forced like, "HEY LOOK AT ME".

The Klipster is spot on with this one. I'm the exact same.

Captain Fabio
July 10th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I do nether really.
I don't "try" to do one or the other.

I just live the day and if I get attention, then fine. If I don't, then fine.
I don't really mind. Either way it doesn't effect me.