PDA

View Full Version : Popularity.

Anxiety.
July 7th, 2009, 02:35 PM
How popular do you think you are? Does everybody know and like you? Does everybody know and hate you? Do some people know you? Does nobody know you?

Everybody knows my name, but for the wrong reasons. Mainly because of arguments and fights. I have a way of getting an entire school to hate me. Don't get me wrong, some people like me, only a few though.

Saltare.
July 7th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Pretty much at my school, everyone knows and hates me. But a few people like me and those are my besties.

Nitrous Oxide
July 7th, 2009, 02:43 PM
More so than not. I fit in with just about everyone anyways, seeing as I'm athletic and have various interests. That and I'm a pretty friendly guy, although a bit socially awkward. The only people that don't know me don't know me because I was at my school for a much shorter time, and they take college classes (lower level), whereas I took university level classes.

.little monster
July 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
No body knows me, because I just moved. :3~

On the internet, technically everyone is unpopular. :3

Citrinin
July 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Meh, I'm not really overly popular or unpopular. Pretty average, really. XD;

Damiano
July 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM
When i was at school i was known by nearly everyone and liked by most of them as well.
But know im at college the only people who know me are in my group and i get on with all of them.

abnegation
July 7th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I used to be in The group in school. The popular ones if you will.. Then i sorta left because there was a lot of Bickering and i was going through stuff.. When i came back everyone had changed and became selfish... So now i just go back every now and then due to some of my best friends being there. But i kinda fit in with all the groups in my year. I'm friends with everyone in it. On PC i have my friends! I have My VM'ing friends, Pm'ing friends, Trade pals, Battling pals, Hacking friends, The TCTI crew & the groups i moderate. I'm popular amongst them :)

Yamikarasu
July 7th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I don't think I'm "popular," but I think most people probably know who I am at least. I don't really like the popular group at my school. Some of them are nice but most people are just part of the group for the sake of being popular (that's typical, isn't it?). It's kind of pathetic. I have my own friends.

Gummy
July 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I'm not an extremely popular kid at school, but I do get around. Since I don't really fit the quota for any cliques, I end up making friends with different kinds of people and am sometimes able to bring them together. But popular to the point where you can pick a random student and ask them "Do you know who *insert my name here* is" and he or she answers yes? Not a chance.

Classical Insect
July 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Everybody in my class, well basically everyone in my class knows my name. I'm not "popular" in any means, but everyone in my class does know my name. I guess because my personal business spreads fast. Or whatever.

Okamii
July 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Everybody in all of my classes know my name and alot of them do like me...actually only one of them hates me and thats cuz i stole her boyfriend from her...oops hehe =)

Mika
July 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
There's a difference between popularity in the sense of a popular cliche and a popular person in general. I... I've always been made fun of irl but people like to be around me on PC because I'm honest and I'm apparently good with words? ^^;; I dunno, I think it's over rated, who cares how many friends you have if you have them? A friend is a friend for all times forever and ever, nya?

Gold warehouse
July 7th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I was accepted into lots of 'groups/cliques/whatever' and would hang around and chat with all sorts of people. I could talk with pretty much anyone in my year group. I would go to other peoples houses for a gaming session often and sometimes watch a movie at the cinema with a few people after school.
I never had any 'true' friends though, the ones who really understand you. I was generally liked, but nobody really liked me enough to want to be a truly good friend to me. Now school is over, I don't keep contact with any of them and they don't keep contact with me. I don't bother to put any effort in to gain friends or to stay in contact with those I knew, because right now I just prefer being alone.

Azonic
July 7th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I fit into a clique that's above average in popularity, but not the most popular clique of the school. :3

ShadowLeader
July 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM
At my old high school I was pretty popular...I knew most of the people in the Junior class and down.

But at my new school, I know next to no one. That's why I want to move back, because this is my last year and I don't want to walk with a bunch of people I don't know during graduation.

Ayano Katagiri
July 7th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I think I can say I'm not one of those people in the "popular" group. I would say quite a number of people should know me, but that's more to do with my academics rather than anything else. But meh.. I've never cared about popularity at school; as long as you're still having a cool time with friends, what's the point?

.Seth
July 7th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I disliked the popular group and they disliked me.
Although, I never really did fit in to a clique/group.
I just went my own way I suppose.

Xairmo
July 7th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Some people like me, others aren't as enthusiastic of my existence. I don't really care about being popular. I know a lot of people and we exchange the casual "Hello, how are you?", but I only have a few close friends whom I like to hangout with.

Ayselipera
July 7th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I'm great friends with all the popular people and they are my main friend group, but I choose to seldom hang out with them just because I don't enjoy it. I just do what I want, but some how still manage to be well liked.

Second Coming of Jebus
July 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I usually get beaten up so I make friends with the school's groundskeeper, we go on adventures underneath the school where there is a hidden city that's really beautiful. I met up with the princess where she infromed me of bad guys and then me and the groundskeeper transformed into crime fighting cats.

I was accepted into lots of 'groups/cliques/whatever' and would hang around and chat with all sorts of people. I could talk with pretty much anyone in my year group. I would go to other peoples houses for a gaming session often and sometimes watch a movie at the cinema with a few people after school.
I never had any 'true' friends though, the ones who really understand you. I was generally liked, but nobody really liked me enough to want to be a truly good friend to me. Now school is over, I don't keep contact with any of them and they don't keep contact with me. I don't bother to put any effort in to gain friends or to stay in contact with those I knew, because right now I just prefer being alone.

You've got me bby.

Amaruuk
July 7th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I've always been 'the invisible girl' IRL, and for the most part, online, too. Very few people know me, but at least they all like me. I'm not one to make enemies.

s0nido
July 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM
No, not really. I'm not popular when it comes to social status, if that's what you mean. If you're talking about whether everyone knows me, well I guess they should. Our year level has less than a hundred students, and they should easily be able to pick me out by name.

Gumball Watterson
July 7th, 2009, 07:03 PM
If Webster took a picture of me, I would be captioned "Popular" in the Antonym Thesaurus.

But at least I'm good in school. Que se friegen los otros tarados.

Tater Tot
July 7th, 2009, 07:04 PM
In school, I was in the most popular clique in the school. Sort of like the plastics. The only exception was that nobody hated us... (at least that's what we think. :D) I WAS KAREN!~ :D

On PC, I'm semi-popular? I suppose. I'm not extremely well-known around here. But everywhere else I tend to be myself and I find myself getting popular. I have no clue as to why, considering I don't do anything to get that way. I'm not good-looking, I'm smart, but I'm not Einstein, and I'm really not that friendly, though everyone says I am. :l I just get that way somehow. D:

Though on PC, I'm not like that. Some people know me, but I'm not BeachBoy or anything. :l

Shem
July 7th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Most people in my grade know me, not so much in grades above and below my grade because I'm not in any extra curricular activities by choice. I don't really fit into a social group because I sort of drift between them, having a handful of friends and aquaintences in each one or knowing all of them well.

Most people like with a few that absolutely hate me, there's no gray area...

So, by the definition of popular and not the crappy TV stereotype, I am popular.

ANARCHit3cht
July 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Well, most of the few people I know hate/dislike me because I am not like them.... but there are the cool people.

Online, I have like no enemies because, well, yeah.

Most people don't like/do like me because I am that creepy stalker person who knows where everyone lives and knows every one's name and would most likely be the person knocking on your window at 3 am.

>Feelings<
July 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I'm not what you'd call 'popular' at all.
Most people doesn't know me much. Only some do.
The ones that do know me don't know me in a good way, with some exceptions.

OokamiShipper
July 8th, 2009, 07:43 AM
No idea.
Probably average.
The only people who know me.
Are my enemies and friends.
And my teachers, but y'know what I mean. xD

Alexithymia~
July 8th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I'm not popular in my year, .. and I don't think I'd want to be. Popularity in my year is rather shallow, .. they all say they love each-other and are 'besties', but I frequently hear them talking about the other popular people behind their backs and they say some really cruel stuff.

I'm sort of .. in the middle you could say, .. lots of people know me and like me, and I'm pretty sure if I connected with more people in my year I could be a little more well known, but I don't really want to. I'm fine with the group of friends I have now.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 8th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I'm popular in my school and in my neighborhood. A lot of people admire my style in hair and dressing for the most part

:t354:TG

Cheesymitten
July 9th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I'm in the middle of the popularity groups and proud :D
I don't really want to be in the popular group...They actualyl talk like us a lot...Except they have more dirty minds >.<

Ultimate #1 Flareon Fan
July 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I'm guess I'm kinda in the middle. Most of the kids know me and the populars will talk to me, but only the nicer ones, which are only a couple. If I talked more I think I would have a small chance of being in the nice popular group, but I'm perfectly fine with the friends I have. Besides, like cheesymitten said, the ones at my school have dirty minds. x)

Misheard Whisper
July 9th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I'd have to say no. Everybody knows me, but I'm just 'the spelling bee guy' to 90% of my school. (long story) I have few friends, and I even prefer going it alone to hanging out with them. I'm a loner by nature, but on PC I'm much more open.

Anxiety.
July 9th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Here's the problem I found with being popular:
Too much to loose. You have to be careful of who you talk to, where you hang out, how often you hang out, what music you like...

It's all too much. I prefer to be less well known, you can do whatever you want and nobody cares.

Silhouette
July 9th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty much average. I don't think I have any enemies, beside 1 or 2 people, and I get along well with pretty much everyone. I think a lot of people know me.

Tinhead Bruce
July 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Erebody luvs me. <3

Hah, yeah, I'd consider myself popular. I mean, there are only like 100 kids in my grade at my school, so it's not that hard. Still, I don't make enemies, and I make friends really easily. I'm friends with ≈all of the kids in my grade, and a lot of kids in different grades.

That answer yo question? Yung-sun?

ChronicEdge
July 9th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I'm back in ****ing Hickory, so I'm currently a phantom.

Then again, everyone here is. The only people here that want to be here came here to disappear.

JoltIce
July 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I um, well um, uh, I'm the guy who is radically different from everyone else. I am a very nice person, so in normal societies I would be like a lot. However, my school isn't normal, you're cool if you are pretty mean, so yeah. One guy nearly beat the heck out of me because someone hired him to, he was mad because his girlfriend liked me, that was a scary day Dx

vVintage
July 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM
My highschool is really small. it has about 600-700 kids in it so pretty much everyone knows eachother. I know a lot of people from my grade up. I dont have much sophmore/ freshman friends yet. And i dont know anyone who dislikes me from what i know. :D

Idiot!
July 10th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I am very well hated. Those who like me are few and far between, but like me for life.

Cid
July 10th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I think I'm simply known right now.
IRL, most people know me only because they were supposed to know me (because I was their classmate, relative, etc.).
I guess, in grade school, I was quite known, but not that much. Not everyone who knew me necessarily liked me, though, IDK why.

I can't say I'm the same with PC. No one knows me with the few times that I've been active. Most of the people I knew here don't hang out that often, too.

Though I do strive to keep up with the new people here.
In real life, I simply continue to do what I'm supposed to do, popularity just coming if it wants to.

akirachii
July 10th, 2009, 02:17 AM
I was once known around my school in elementary.
Then middle school came along it was around average.
Then 8th grade happened...I didnt have that much friends...
I only make friends on the internet. They are my age.
But live in other areas around the world.
But I'm okay with that.
Cause now I'm going to high school.
A new start. :] I guess. :O

I dont communicate as much with people around me at school.
I'm always focused on drawing.
I still talk with my best friends tho. they havent changed their minds about me.
They actually enjoy having me around. :]

i'm a bubble. pop me.
July 11th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I guess i'm average. im my class in college everybody knows me, but i usually just hang out with my little group of friends :) and i can be kind of distant sometimes...

Greene1516
July 11th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Popularity is nothing more than a frame of mind. Chances are if one person at the school is liked by most people, it's actually for reasons such as money, sharing the limelight or shear intimidation. I'd honestly hate to the "popular" guy. Hate fuels people and that balance is necessary.

Vrai
July 11th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I would never call myself "popular".

Most people do like me, though. As far as I know, no one hates me. ;3

Alinthea
July 11th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I always did things to stand out.
Only good however.

I wouldn't say I was really really popular, but most people know who I am.

22sa
July 12th, 2009, 12:15 AM
At work, I'm popular. At school, I'm not. On PC, not really :P

Camisado
July 12th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I'm well-liked at work, I know that. I have a lot of friends outside work, but also a lot of people who resent me for my close-knit family, my friends, my past academic achievements, my boyfriend and my job. There seems to be this consensus that I get handed everything on a plate, and it's far from that.

They were mostly the underachieving popular kids at school, though.

Xashlei
July 12th, 2009, 01:02 AM
At school, I'm invisible. Acquainted with everyone in the batch, but that's it. No interest sharing, homework helping, nada. All of my best friends keep moving away, it's simply disheartening, you know? I don't even try to get closer to anyone anymore. On Serebii, I guess I'm fairly loved. People tell me to come back, whenever I don't go on MSN / the forum enough. Man I wish I could see them in the flesh. x'D

Suki
July 12th, 2009, 01:37 AM
I guess lots of people know me at school, but I'm not overly popular, I'm kinda in the middle =]
But I have no enemies.

Stronkadonk
July 12th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Real Life - Everybody knows and likes me, other than a select few.

Internet - Everybody knows me. About half claim to like me, while others claim to dislike me. I'm pretty sure nearly all, if not all of you dislike me. :]

Kevinsalas
July 12th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I don't think anyone here knows me but every person I've met in person really likes me, check my page for my yahoo and check the Facebook xD

Guillermo
July 12th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I'm average popular IRL, most people know of me.

Internet? Probably about the same, maybe a little less.

Sakura Rain
July 14th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Nope. I'm not popular at all with the popular kids. The people I hang out with are social rejects and band geeks. (GO BAND) I mean, I don't have any enemies (to my knowledge), but I'm certainly not the most popular person ever.

adventure
July 15th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Meh. In school, everybody knew my name because I was in the student's council xD But I don't aim to be the one everybody wants to get to know. I hope the friends I have, and the new friends I do make, like me as I am and want to keep me with them. That's the kind of popularity I think is worth something :3

The Scientist
July 15th, 2009, 07:38 PM
For some reason, I'm not very popular here. Despite all that I do, I still manage to go unnoticed. I can't turn off my ninja stealth, it seems.

I'm so awesome IRL, though, that it balances out.

Jweeson
July 15th, 2009, 07:44 PM
It's about half and half. At school everyone knows everyone, and about half hate me and about half like me. I don't think I'm super popular, but I don't want to be anyway.

But on the internet I'm not really popular at all.

The Red Chain
July 15th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Popularity..
It can turn a perfectly good person into a rotten one.. for all the wrong reasons..
Some people think being popular is the best thing you can achieve, young or old.
But in all honesty, those people that randomly poof into your life after you are 'popular' are just there at all because of that very title.
They don't care about you.. they only care about getting their own merit either out of you, or from being around you.
The popular are always the people who get into tons of trouble.. of all sorts.
They always feel the desire to be daring and show themselves off to keep their 'rank', but in all the worst ways.
They almost always end up getting involved with the wrong influence, dishonest all around horrid people, and are either turned into a snob that no one likes, or turn to foul addictions..
I shouldn't have to name the other outcomes, since I'm sure most of you know them all by now.

The other side of popularity.. the 'well-liked' type can easily turn into the 'used' type.
All it causes is suffering in the end...
That all said and done, I don't consider myself popular, and I would never want to be in that situation.
I value myself too much to turn to such a self-absorbed way of life.

Vampire://Krimm
July 15th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Bzoo~! o:

I've always had a suspicion of people disliking me for numerous reasons (mostly the way I act around people), apparently I'm popular within the clique I seem to be classified in (I got really lucky befriending the more popular kids of that clique my Freshman year XD). Generally most people in my grade-level know me in some way or another. Thankfully I don't really have any people who passionately hate me~

AlphaMightyena
July 15th, 2009, 08:19 PM
everbody knows me for the crazy ass girl who almost stabed her classmate to death with a pencil.

everyone is scared of me but at least i'm popular ( in a negative way),

AtomicoExploda
July 15th, 2009, 08:28 PM
lol Interesting thread.

Well, I think I would be average, I don't try much to be popular at all, really. I'm just there in school waiting for it to be over, because it bores me to death. x.x Well, anyway, back on topic. Yeah, I don't really care much about what 'group' or etc, that i'm in. I already mentioned that I would be the average type of person at school, nobody hates me. I do have a few good friends though.
Usually, well from what I would know... The really 'popular' bunch of people would usually end up as boozers, or taking drugs later in the future, so they are not really good people to mix with, in my opinion.
So yeah, average ftw. :]

*Nayz*
July 15th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I don't really care. A lot of people know me but then a lot of people don't.

Harley Quinn
July 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM
As like most of the people here, I'm pretty average in populairity. I have friends, I have enemies. Natural, right?

As for the internet, it's more or less the enemies I have more of.

xxxLatiasxxx
July 16th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I don't care if I'm popular or not just as long as I'm safe and happy in life I guess.

Razer302
July 16th, 2009, 03:28 AM
At school I talk to most people. Although I am sure most people try to stay on my good side so I don't wack them in detention when they do something bad (prefect priviledge).

Out of the people in my own year though everyone knows me and I don't think anyone dislikes me.

On here I don't really talk to anyone. I only visit here every now and then so don't really get time to make friends.

shinx095
July 16th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Well, I have a really small school so everyone knows everybody. I'm in the group that is like, uh, in the middle? We're not the popular people but not the weird people. In my school, like, everyone does band (lol) so everyone is a band geek (but I like band) but we never really gave our group a name but someone told us that everyone calls us the 'Overachievers' lol, we all do sports and are like in every club but we're not the image you think of when you think of nerd lol.

Internet: I don't really go on the computer much so....................

Oh long post

Mapl3Syrup
July 16th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I'm really only known by my friends. Some other people know me because of the crazy stuff i do lunchtimes..

Kerotan
July 16th, 2009, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE='[F I L Ocakes];4830081']I usually get beaten up so I make friends with the school's groundskeeper, we go on adventures underneath the school where there is a hidden city that's really beautiful. I met up with the princess where she infromed me of bad guys and then me and the groundskeeper transformed into crime fighting cats.
[QUOTE]
I lol'd.
Now scurry off, you adorable little troll. ;}

IRL I'm a college student, so there isn't really cliques or any of that 'fun'. I'd say that I've done a pretty good job of befriending people at my college. At least I'm not being antisocial.

As for PC popularity, my name is said rarely 'round here. (0___0)
That's fine with me though, because I only browse around here when I'm waiting for web pages to load TBH.

The Bringer!
July 17th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Lulz, I just now realized what IRL stands for xD

The school I went to only had 24 ppls in the class (it was one of dem schools where there's only one class per grade). So everyone pretty much knew everyone and we all got along well. Then, of course, my family moved and I went to a huge public school and all my social skills died and I went completely unnoticed. Nobody didn't like me, it's just that nobody knew me either. Now I'm just going into high school, so it'll be a new start for me with different people.

Zorua
July 17th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Popularity... it used to mean a lot to me. When I was a child, I always wanted to be well-liked and known by everyone. To me, it had a good feeling to it, but as I grew older, I knew that this path isn't the right one for me. Popularity induces self-centeredness in most people, and even if the feeling doesn't manage to take full control, the person would probably take more of an interest to his/her own self than to others. Not all popular people are this way, but I know that, for me, it's a highly trecherous road with far too many risks that I refuse to travel.

And the fact that being popular isn't really cool to me anyway. ):

Kazukii
July 17th, 2009, 04:35 AM
In my year, most people like me but all the other years know me for horrible reasons.. ones that aren't even true.

Swift!
July 17th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Popularity is overrated. I'm not popular, online or off, and I don't care.

.MurkyBurning.
July 17th, 2009, 02:06 PM
apparently im popular at my teen camp i go to. everyone looks up to me and my cool friends. but it gets annoying because when we go on field trips, everyone wants to be in our group. so i'll just say im likeable to people

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
July 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
everyone loves me.

and if they don't, they do a really good job hiding it.

0m3GA ARS3NAL
July 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I keep to myself.
I hide in my little corner and play pokemon on my PSP.
That and hang out with my friend Mike, but he doesn't pay attention since he is ALWAYS texting his girlfriend.
Makes me feel all lonley cause I don't have one. =3

Pokehead
July 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM
In high school I was known as the metal freak. I was also made fun off a lot (and was very well known because) I have perfect English and Spanish accents, to the point where I barely need a passport at the border. Its gotten me off the hook more than once :D

Otherwise, I'm just another Halo and pokemon playing geek who listens to music made by people whose names are hard to pronounce for many. If even that.