PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when waiting for a soda to get cold?

Narcissus Secret
July 7th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Well the title says it all. Or, do you like your soda warm? HOw long does it take to get it cold?

I don't do anything to wait, I get cold soda in two minutes. All I do is superchill it and yeah... so I never have to wait..

Before It usually took an hour or so for it to get cold and I was extremely bored in waiting.

Yes this thread is a bit eccentric.

Alex_
July 7th, 2009, 10:07 PM
What a deep question... I don't know, I'm going to have to think this one over and get back to you.

Switchback
July 7th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hmm... well, sometimes I like my drinks warm but mostly cool. So I normally stick it in the fridge straight away and play some Resident Evil for about an hour to get it as chilled as possible. All I really drink is Lucozade anyway. As for the best drinks to have warm, it'll probably be Dr Pepper for me.

Xairmo
July 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I just put my soda in a cup with ice...

bit.trip void
July 7th, 2009, 10:33 PM
LOL, I sleep, or do something productive.

Narcissus Secret
July 7th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I hate putting it in a cup with ice, it tastes flat, and I don't like flat soda. I also can't drink it out of a bottle.

Citrinin
July 7th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I just put ice in it. Besides which, we keep soft drinks in the fridge. XD;

Narcissus Secret
July 7th, 2009, 10:46 PM
We have to put ours out of sight or they will be gone in a day or two.

URm anyways:

To superchill you get a bowl of ice and water, and throw a handful or two of salt in it. Then you put the soda in the bowl and stir it for about two minutes and waalla!

Turke
July 7th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I don't have to wait, because I take my soda warm.

Camisado
July 7th, 2009, 10:50 PM
This is an entirely new concept to me. We just keep some in the fridge and some in the dresser xD;

Lash
July 8th, 2009, 12:44 AM
My frig is so cold, there's small bits of ice already in it when I get a soda out of it.

The real question for me is what do I before I open it. I set me thoughts to 'perfect' for a most enjoyable Dr Pepper.
edit: lol 900th post

processr
July 8th, 2009, 12:57 AM
We keep our cans and bottles of coke in the unheated garage, so they're pretty cold already. =3

Blue Mew
July 8th, 2009, 01:17 AM
If it snowed around where I lived, I'd probably just pour the soda into the cup and stick the cup in the snow. But apparently, it doesn't snow where I live so I just stick it in the fridge and play some games on the computer... Or hang out on PC.
(I decided to get some soda after reading this tread ^^)

Dukey
July 8th, 2009, 01:39 AM
If I really wanted it, I'd just chuck it in the freezer for a few mins, otherwise I'd just watch some TV.

txteclipse
July 8th, 2009, 02:04 AM
If you want the speed of ice but don't want to water down your soda, get some reusable plastic ice cubes.

Mitchman
July 8th, 2009, 03:01 AM
I go to the bathroom read a book or wait.

Archer
July 8th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Um, I leave cans or bottles in the fridge? Besides, I'm off drinking Coke much, because I used to be addicted to the stuff. :D

Cherrim
July 8th, 2009, 04:06 AM
...I'm not even sure this thread is fit for OVP, but I know for certain it doesn't go in Other Chat. o_O What is there to discuss? Siggy, do what you want with this ahaha.

To answer the question, if I know I don't have any cold pop in the fridge and I need it cold in 10 minutes I'll put it in the freezer. Any longer and I'll put it in the fridge. If I don't realize I don't have cold ones before I need it, I'll just drink it room temp.

Route 18
July 8th, 2009, 04:51 AM
I drink mine cold anyway. I just pop the can open and drink it all :D

Mr. X
July 8th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Depends on what it is in. If its in a can i drink it cold, but if its in a 2 liter bottle i drink the entire thing warm.

Cassino
July 8th, 2009, 06:52 AM
My mother seems to like keeping carbonated drinks in cupboards, which are room temperature... horrible.

Anyway, as for my own drinks, I'll put them in the refrigerator if I want them later, or give them a quick spell in the freezer. 8D It takes about five minutes.

Saltare.
July 8th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Random...but okay!

Usually my soda already is cold so I don't have to wait.

But I usually just put ice in a cup and pour the soda in it.

But if I have to wait, I'll stare at it...hehe

.little monster
July 8th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I don't wait, I put four ice cubes in a cup and pour the soda into the cup. Usually that is enough to get the soda cold enough, if not I stir it a little.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 8th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I just do what ever other inpatient person does, make it cold by putting ice cubes in it and if I'm not satisfied with the coldness then I'll throw more ice cubes in there

:t354:TG

Mayley
July 8th, 2009, 09:19 AM
...I put it in the fridge XP.

Kazukii
July 8th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I usually buy it cold then drink it straight away so it stays cold xD

Rokusasu
July 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I only drink water (whew, healthy living) and coffee (not so much XD), so I don't really have to wait around for anything other than for the kettle to boil if I'm having the latter.

Cold soda is so refreshing though, on the rare occasion I do have some. XD

Ayselipera
July 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Well I like my soda when its cold so I just throw ice cubes in if its warm. That takes about 2 minutes time... so I suppose I watch tv while I wait.

ShadowLeader
July 8th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I don't even bother waiting for it....I just go ahead and drink it hot.

Miss Soupy
July 8th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I happily occupy myself with something like television. And if I get really into the show, I'll totally forget about the soda for a while. Then when I finally remember, it'll be cold. :D

I've been off of drinking soda for years, but just recently I've been getting cravings for them. Hmm.

Bagel
July 8th, 2009, 03:29 PM
super chilling is to much work

i stick it my freezer, then i go watch tv, by the time its cold enough ive usely forgoten about it. i get the next day but by then the can is all exspanded and the soda inside is frozen.

wat does a girl have to do juast to get a cold soda

Sweet Smoochum
July 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM
We don't own any ice cube trays....so, I just put the bottle of soda in the fridge, wait for it to get cold, and then take it out, pour it in a cup, and then drink it. :pink_nod:

Eggie Poo Poo
July 8th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I PLEASURE MYSELF

just kidding

Gunn
July 8th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Play some video games. Then I lose track of time and my soda ends up freezing. :/

Netto Azure
July 10th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Meh. Most of the time it's cold when I buy it. Simply yet. ADD ICE. @_@

~MagmortaЯ~
July 10th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I put ice in mine lol, and it takes like 2 min

Arcanine
July 11th, 2009, 09:05 AM
My brother LOVES to drink up all the Cokes and not put more in to get cold. I try to fill up the fridge as much as I can, but a lot of times I have to drink warm temp Cokes (and he doesn't care, because he likes room temp Cokes). If this is the case then I just get me a cup, some ice and go that way. I personally don't like my Coke all watery, but nothing else can be done.

Big Japan
July 11th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I rarely ever have to because my family rarely ever keeps soda in the house. If we do, I always make sure it's in the fridge (I guess I'm a little OCD like that). Other than that, I usually just buy one from a vending machine, in which case it's always a nice temperature.

True Reign
July 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I like a soda warm or cold, so it doesn't really matter to me that much.

Yrie
July 12th, 2009, 05:41 AM
I add ice and then attempt to do something productive, such as change the hamster's water, or just wait a short while since it doesn't take long. We usually keep soda in the fridge on the rare occasion that we buy any though.

Gymnotide
July 12th, 2009, 02:27 PM
It's too bad I absolutely abhor soda, otherwise I would have a viable response to this thread.
I don't.

coolman89765
July 16th, 2009, 01:16 PM
i dont have to wait usually

Anxiety.
July 16th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Well, when I need a drink I get a drink, if it's slightly warm, oh well.
I'm too lazy to wait.

Sarcastic Prince
July 16th, 2009, 11:45 PM
For me, I'll get the Soda in the Fridge, and I'll get my DS or PSP to play for a while.

Haza
July 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
I drink room temperature things so I wait for them to warm up. I usually just try to forget about it by playing a video game, watching television or surfing the net.

Mr. Downstairs
July 22nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
Wait for soda to get cold? I have no need to wait for soda to get cold. That's what ice is for.

Besides, when I want soda, I usually put it in the fridge the night before and then go to bed.

Naruto Uzumaki
July 28th, 2009, 03:26 PM
It takes two seconds for my soda to get cold lol. I just put ice in it. :3

ShinjisLover
July 28th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I don't need to drink my soda cold. I just drink it as is. It's just something to drink anyway, it's only supposed to keep me from dying.

T000Nlink
July 28th, 2009, 04:51 PM
eat something that makes the drink so much better