View Full Version : *Cough* Yeah... I'm too sick to come in today...

July 8th, 2009, 4:42 AM
Ever faked being ill to get out of a test, or school, or work in general?

I have a funny story about it, I faked being sick, because school's been rough for me lately, and I'd rather not have to deal with a big group of people that hate me. And now the school thinks I have a virus and have told me to stay of school until next week.

Well, actually, everyone has haven't they? I mean, who hasn't skipped school or work would be a better question.

July 8th, 2009, 4:45 AM
In school (elementary and high school. Haven't been sick often in university)... if I'm sick from say Monday through Thursday and then I'm better (still sick, but well enough to come in) on Friday, I'll take the Friday off

July 8th, 2009, 4:48 AM
Hell yeah!
I did it one day, and got a week off because I faked real well.
Drama lessons FTW!

Gold warehouse
July 8th, 2009, 4:52 AM
I didn't need to pretend to be sick, I just wouldn't go into school and when asked why I would reply with a "I don't want to." Seems like a good enough reason to me, seeing as I found school to be generally useless.

Ice Grimm
July 8th, 2009, 4:54 AM
Oh yeah! I faked a lot of times this year, over 90 times to be exact lol.... I won't do it next year, I'll do only 50 times or so, drama lessons really FTW

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
July 8th, 2009, 4:59 AM
Waaaaay more than I should. Like, no-one believes me when I really am sick anymore XD

The Darkest Gale
July 8th, 2009, 5:04 AM
yeah fake it a bit here and there
just for general work
I get to sit in bed on the pc all day and get ice cream it ROCKS!

July 8th, 2009, 5:36 AM
My parents would never let me call in sick for the sake of skipping school. At the same time, I've never had much of a reason to skip school in the first place, so aside from elementary, when being sick actually mattered, i have near perfect attendance.

July 8th, 2009, 5:42 AM
Yeah, all the time. Everyone I know has done it at some point. :D

July 8th, 2009, 6:26 AM
I do so 5 times a year during school actually.

Soul Eater
July 8th, 2009, 6:49 AM
Yep, I've attempted it but my mom never fell for it when it came to school. XD She was the type to send me even if I was throwing up. But my dad made her keep me home.

July 8th, 2009, 6:51 AM
Oh, it's a family effort. "Mum, I don't want to go to school today." Talk it over. Make some dodgy excuse about some illness the next day, kekekekeke.
However, my two/three week trip to the States plus 6 days of actually being sick, leaves around 7 or 8 that I've faked it so I've got about a 72% attendance rate at the moment so far, lol.

.little monster
July 8th, 2009, 7:30 AM
Yes I do. :| I love how I can fake it and get off but if I am actually sick I have to go. It is always like that, so what I usually do is act like I am faking sick when I actually am sick.

July 8th, 2009, 7:34 AM
I do it alot because school just sucks at the moment.

Black Ice
July 8th, 2009, 8:22 AM
I only skip school to do homework that I'm behind on, or if I really am sick >.>

I think I stayed home while perfectly healthy only once or twice this year.

July 8th, 2009, 8:23 AM
Nope I've never done it but I'd like to some day :)

July 8th, 2009, 8:32 AM
I never get sick but i once made myself puke to get out of school for 2 days :). I had a ton of homework though...

July 8th, 2009, 8:41 AM
My m0m Slaps me across the face when i menttion the word sik in front of her lol

July 8th, 2009, 8:45 AM
Of course. I used to do it so much my mom constantly took me to the hospital. Bu since I had asthma as a kid, I could really pull off a good fake attack.

Never did it to get out of a test before..just to miss school:D

July 8th, 2009, 8:51 AM
I do it now and then, but sadly I don't need to pretend most of the time. I'm constantly sick and staying home. Staying home when you're feeling 100% perfect and can do anything you want while your parents are at work is perfect though. It's definantly worth missing a test or two.

Giraffles <3
July 8th, 2009, 8:54 AM
Only when I really need to :3.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 8th, 2009, 8:56 AM
I've done it twice this school year, but one day (this was when Pokemon Platinum came out)
I was going to play sick so I can stay home and play the game, but during that night I had a serve toothache which 4 days later it had to be removed, so it kinda back fired on me

July 8th, 2009, 8:59 AM
im actually not very sure, maybe like 2 times? or none :D

Miss Soupy
July 8th, 2009, 9:04 AM
Just don't each too much around dinnertime in front of your parents, go to bed really early, claiming you don't feel well, and use a sickish voice when talking to them. It worked like a charm for me, but some parents likely aren't as easily fooled.

I don't do it that much, though. Make-up work is a pain, yes?

July 8th, 2009, 9:20 AM
There were things I didn't like about school growing up, but I never feigned illness to skip it. That's just silly. :/

Certainly I wouldn't think to do it in college, either.

Gunstar Disaronno
July 8th, 2009, 9:23 AM
I've skipped school more times than I can count. It's so easy to get away with, especially in my sixth form.

July 8th, 2009, 9:28 AM
I can't actually say I have skipped school, college, or work =/ what's the point? I'd feel really bad about it.

Gunstar Disaronno
July 8th, 2009, 9:45 AM
I don't feel bad about it. Why should I feel bad about sitting in the park with some friends drinking beer and having a good time while everyone else is in a 2 hour History lesson with a teacher who hates me?

July 8th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Not often, but sometimes I exaggerate illnesses that I actually have, like colds, etc. I usually end up feeling guilty about it afterwords if I get to skip practice or school. :P

sanny the hedgehog
July 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
but its always when its friday
so i can do my work on the weekend and play video games all day long

July 8th, 2009, 10:50 AM
No, because my mom makes me go to school no matter what, even if I'm on the verge of death. <___<;
She's sent me to school even though I spent the night vomiting and when I had strep throat. I went home early both times, but she never learns.

July 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM
My school has canceled sports day, I never participate, but it's nice to have a half day. I plan to skip the day it is. I think it was supposed to be today, in which case, I was actually ill, so I skipped it anyway.

July 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I don't feel bad about it. Why should I feel bad about sitting in the park with some friends drinking beer and having a good time while everyone else is in a 2 hour History lesson with a teacher who hates me?
Perhaps this is why your teachers "hate" you. Additionally drinking in public places is against the law ;D

July 8th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah... me + presentations = not good.
So I decided to be fake sick and pretend to throw up.
Of course I still had to present when I got back to school xD but it gave me some time to practice not being a scaredy cat

July 8th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I think I did once when I was about six? XD 'Cause I found the stuff that we were doing in class was totally boring, and I didn't want to spend another afternoon playing with Multilink/ Lego (which was supposed to be a 'treat' for when we finished our work).

EDIT: Oh, and I skipped college when I accidentally overslept. x_X; I only had one lesson that day anyways.

July 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Nope I never faked sick... When I was in school I'd just leave if i didnt want to be there,never had to fake a sicky at work or Uni because I was sick for most of the year lol.

July 8th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I have done it and I still do it, and I am entering my final year in High School. Everyone has those days where they just aren't feeling it at all so I just lay in bed and when my mom comes upstairs I tell her I feel really weak and I feel dizzy when I try to walk. Works everytime for me.

July 8th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Tried it twice and it's only worked once sadly...
The first time i pretended i had a stomach ache, when i had a little one, then i pretended my head was hurting :( And that didn't hurt...

July 9th, 2009, 7:11 AM
Oh, that was a common excuse that I used to use to take a break from anything, not just work.

July 9th, 2009, 7:16 AM
I don't think I've ever done that before, and if I have it was a looong time ago. I'm a terrible liar. The only times that I've came close to doing something like that is when I wake up feeling really crappy and decide to stay home because of some minor cough/cold. Even though I was slightly sick, I still could of gone to school probably. Plus I would end up feeling a little better later in the day and wonder why I wasn't at school in the first place. XD

Gunstar Disaronno
July 9th, 2009, 3:29 PM
Perhaps this is why your teachers "hate" you. Additionally drinking in public places is against the law ;D

No actually, he hates me because I'm dyslexic (not even kidding).

Munch Dog
July 9th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I don't because my parent's wouldn't fall for it, and actually showing up at school for as many days as possible allows me to skip exams and the days that I would normally have to take them on. In all of my years of high school so far, the only exam I've had to take was my geometry final my sophmore year.

July 9th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I Skipped alot.. my 8th year now i regret it seeming i have a fine and like. 22hr of Community, Lesson learned.

I dont plan on missing much more school now and Community service is hard seeming you have to go though orientations.

July 9th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah I have. Used to time it wrong, too, when you're sure to do a lot of catching up after being absent for that certain day.

But not recently. Can't let myself get kicked out or in probation.

I wish I could, though. School sucks right now.

Ayano Katagiri
July 9th, 2009, 11:57 PM
To be honest, I've yet to skip a day of school intentionally. The only times I've not been able to go to school is when I've actually been too sick to go, or just haven't been able to make it on time (e.g. because of holidaying overseas and the like).
I remember there was this one year in primary school when I got an award at the end of the year for not missing a day at all throughout that year. XD

July 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
My parents know I'm not one get extremely sick, so they can easily tell when I'm faking it. I myself hate missing school, even if there is a test that I'd most definitely fail (which is most tests, actually). I'd rather get one bad grade then having to catch up on the notes I missed in my seven other classes.

July 11th, 2009, 5:03 AM
I've skipped school once as my mum let me have a day off but that's about it!

July 16th, 2009, 2:31 AM
In Kindi, I said I was sick, even though I didn't look sick and odviously didn't feel sick. They bought it!

July 16th, 2009, 3:30 AM
I have done it before. I have skipped the last to days of school. But I didn't use an illness for it. I just haven't bothered to go and my mum didn't mind as I have no lessons anyway.

The Red Chain
July 16th, 2009, 6:27 AM
I used to fake sick almost all the time when I was in public school.
I didn't like the teachers nor most of the students, so it was so rare that I would show up at school at all.
It got so bad that when I finally was forced to go to school after almost 3 weeks without showing up, only a few students remembered me. [My friends]

Not my fault some people can be sickening to the point I can't even stay in their presence.
It's pitiful really.

July 16th, 2009, 7:44 AM
I'm off school a lot some for actual reasons like when I had swine flu symptoms a couple of weeks ago but yesterday I faked being ill so I didn't have to go to sports day as it was raining the whole day and I would have been out there in the rain in a t-shirt and shorts doing nothing the whole day also I will be skipping the last 3 days of school because I know we will only be watching DVDs.

July 16th, 2009, 8:45 AM
I usually fake when we have to do something really dumb at the school.

Like pair up with someone you don't know and hang out with them for a day!!
uhh... no.