PDA

View Full Version : ~*!*~LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE, I MESSED UP~*!*~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM
No, its just the name of the title, I didn't mess up or want it locked
Sometimes we see a locked thread on the internet (it can be any website with a forum) and we are a bit curious of why and how it got locked, the question is are you the one that actually looks in these locked threads?

:t354:TG

Avey
July 8th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I've looked in locked threads ever since I joined my first forum, and I'll remain oblivious to the saying that curiosity killed the cat forever if I can help it.

charizard_maa
July 8th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I like looking at train wreaks. THey are fun to look at. I am just a curious person that like to look at things and see the progression of a thread. If they are locked then that is just a red flag for me to go over there and see why it is. It just fun to do.

ShadowLeader
July 8th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah.

I get curious as to why the thread was closed, and decide to find the answer. Since mods usually say why they lock a thread, I usually find the answer:D

Miss Soupy
July 8th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Yes. Usually when I see a locked thread, I just have to go take a look. Sometimes lulz will ensure, because there really are some pretty funny arguments, especially if trolls and that sort are involved. Guess I'm just a curious cat.

.Seth
July 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Favorite Pastime right there. I look because I think it will make me a better member so I know not to do those things?

Eh, something like that.

s0nido
July 8th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Sometimes I want to see why a thread's locked, so I take a peek into it. Other times, my own thread's locked and I want to see why it's locked.

Citrinin
July 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Yes, I do. XD; Most of the time it's just because they're duplicates or something else unexciting, but occasionally you'll get something really funny. XD;

psychopath002
July 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I check locked threads cause I have no life... I guess xD
I like to know why threads get locked lol

Gerri Shin
July 8th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I used to do it alot in the NU&W section when Beachy was writing some of those hilarious locking messages. now though I really just look because it came as a surprise and I'm curious. (not all that often though.)

Anxiety.
July 8th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I look. Sometimes the title catches my eye, and I really want to know why is was locked. And sometimes I know the thread is going to be bad, for instance 'l0lz0rz l33t thr3d l0l0l0l pikacU is Da beSt' as the title (Sorry to put you through that terrible grammar) I want to read it, just to see how bad it is.

msdmario
July 8th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I like checking lock threads for two reasons.

- To see why it was locked if the thread title doesn't help.
- To see if there any witty reply that the moderator who closed it made.

Corvus of the Black Night
July 8th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I always looks for locked threads. Most of the time it's just a revival, but sometimes some pretty damn funny threads have been made (cue, Patience, in the general discussion area)

ShinjisLover
July 8th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I always wonder why a thread is locked, so, yes, I do look into it out of pure curiosity. I'm a curious person. .

Aurafire
July 8th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Mmm, sometimes there's entertainment value to be found in locked threads, so I usually check them out. =P

Guillermo
July 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I check them to see what the hell the thread creator did wrong and watch them laugh at themselves.

Ayselipera
July 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I always check a locked thread when I see one :)

Tater Tot
July 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yes, because I have nothing else to do, and it's interesting to see how the staff handled it.

Ayano Katagiri
July 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM
From time to time I take a look if I have nothing better to do.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Lets just say I'm more likely to read a locked thread than an open one. XD

But yes, I always read locked threads I come across. They're often a great source of lulz.

BeachBoy
July 9th, 2009, 05:23 AM
I used to do it alot in the NU&W section when Beachy was writing some of those hilarious locking messages.Those were the days. XD

I check locks too. The curious urge is just too great not to check it, haha.

Sammi
July 9th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Very rarely these days. Most of the time, I know it's somehow broken the rules, and I really don't care if it's already been taken care of. It has to have an interesting title to catch my eye, I suppose. *shrug*

Vie
July 9th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I don't look...because I don't care. \o/

.little monster
July 9th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I do sometimes, when I don't realize it has been locked. :P

Cheesymitten
July 9th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I have to admit my curiosity gets the better of me and i just have to click, and it's a stupid reason...

Vyro
July 9th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if someone locked this forum because of the title...

Kazukii
July 9th, 2009, 08:22 AM
When the thread looks funny or interesting, I'll take a look as to why it was locked :cheeky:

Michii
July 9th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I look at locked threads occasionally. If I have no idea why it was locked, I'll look at it to learn more about what and when to report or something :33'. Anddd then there's the curiousity that previous posters have stated. I know this'll sound weird, but I like to read through a whole thread that started off great and ended up locked. It's almost like a miniature look at how and why society breaks down, so it's interesting. I don't look at a locked thread when I've reported it or when I can just guess why it's been locked from the title.

~MagmortaЯ~
July 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I've looked in locked threads ever since I joined my first forum, and I'll remain oblivious to the saying that curiosity killed the cat forever if I can help it.

I do the samething that he does.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 9th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I've curious, very very curious, so i tend to look in every closed topic i see. :P

Cassino
July 9th, 2009, 06:09 PM
~*!*~YES BECAUSE I DO CARE AND HAVE A LIFE~*!*~

Zing.

I'm curious, everyone's curious.

Silhouette
July 9th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I tend to look in locked threads.

Jorah
July 10th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Yeah, I always do unless it's obvious why it was locked from the title XD

Sarcastic Prince
July 10th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Well if the Thread's interesting, I'll look at it until it's locked.

Azonic
July 10th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I just glance over it because of curiousity.

Netto Azure
July 10th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I usually check it if the topic title sounds interesting. Sometimes I look at banned membes to see why they're banned also. XD

Melody
July 10th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I always check locked threads I see, I'm just too curious in nature not to. XD

Captain Fabio
July 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Depends on the section of the forum it is situated in.

If it is in "Other Games", then I normally will.
Anything else, I can't be bothered with anymore.

Dogboy2709
July 17th, 2009, 08:54 AM
yes, I do...I like seeing how it got closed... and if it was bumped, who was the idiot that bumped it.