PDA

View Full Version : Stress.

Anxiety.
July 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Well. I'm officially over stressed. Lots of school work, I don't have time to finish it, my R.E teacher has given me two projects, of which I don't have time to complete either, everyone else in my class only has one. Someone from my out of school friends has stopped cosplaying and left two roleplays, making things awkward for us. My friends from in school have told me that they basically all hate me. I have to save up for London, which I don't think I'll get enough money for. And then other little things are making me stress. I've been sick twice, possibly from the stress, but being ill makes me more stressed.

So, what do you guys do when you're stressed?

I'm to stressed to do anything, so I'm getting more stressed about it.

BeachBoy
July 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Wow, tough situation you got there, Rhiannon-Chan. But you know what? I bet you'll find your way out of it.

So, what do you guys do when you're stressed?Simplify everything, baby steps can get you out of that hole. Tackling everything at once leads to more of a mess, so one step at a time and get it down. (make those steps small enough so you can) I also make sure to get a lot of rest and watch something that makes laugh during breaks, and finally thinking positive. Continus negative feelings regarding the matter just get you down further. So yeah, that method usually does the trick for me. I haven't really had too much stress since my virtual school days, but if anything pops up, I usually follow that method.

Me!
July 8th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Oh, that's sad! ;_; I know how you feel about the friend thing, people can be so mean. Isn't it such a cruel twist of fate how stress always does things to you that cause more stress? It seems like right now, only your family can help. Can't your parents lend you money for London? Well, it seems like your in a rut here, I hope you can get out of it. :)

abnegation
July 8th, 2009, 12:06 PM

I feel stress can be very hrd to deal with because when you try to release some of your stress you end up getting even more agitated. The best thing to do is do whatever makes you happy and what ever makes you laugh and smile because it makes things feel a lot less daunting.You could definately try some of these points

Talk it over With friends - Studies on social support show that having one or two close and supportive friends is at least as valuable to emotional health as having a large group of friendly acquaintances or more shallow friendships. However, having social support from several supportive friends would be the best of both worlds. You probably already know if you're more comfortable with one good friend or many, but there are some good reasons to have at least a few different friends to fall back on.

Try cutting out some of your commitments - Having a nice, full life can make you feel vital and alive. And life is all about striving toward your dreams. Sometimes, however, we tend to add so many activities to our schedules that our lives become imbalanced, overly stressful, and unhealthy. You should try tell what can be put off or maybe isn't very necessary to deal with now.

My personal favourite, Watch fish in an aqurium - Studies going back as far as the late 80’s have shown that gazing at aquarium fish reduces stress and subsequently lowers blood pressure.

Sorry about the long post but i know stress is tough and it really can take away from what you need to be concentrating in life!

We all have better things to be feeling than stressed!

Anxiety.
July 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Well, I just drew a picture of me and my only friend that I trust wont turn around and say she hates me.
It calmed me down a little.
But much, but a little.

True Reign
July 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Well. I'm officially over stressed. Lots of school work, I don't have time to finish it, my R.E teacher has given me two projects, of which I don't have time to complete either, everyone else in my class only has one. Someone from my out of school friends has stopped cosplaying and left two roleplays, making things awkward for us. My friends from in school have told me that they basically all hate me. I have to save up for London, which I don't think I'll get enough money for. And then other little things are making me stress. I've been sick twice, possibly from the stress, but being ill makes me more stressed.
That's just... horrible. You shouldn't put to much stress on yourself (you should immediately start a project after you are assigned it).

Get a pen, a piece of paper, music, and a quiet room.
Write down all the things you need to do in numerical order (1., 2., 3., etc.)
Make a schedule every day for the next two weeks to accomplish these things you had written down. This will make everything into a tight space since you have a lot to do, but at the end it'll be worth it, trust me.
When you get school projects always start on them right away and as 'fast' as possible. I put the 'fast' in quotes because you should do them as neatly as possible, yet fast.
Don't get even more stressed if you can't find the time to do something. You always have the next day.

My five steps of success. :)

Rokusasu
July 8th, 2009, 12:30 PM
When I'm stressed, I do one of two things:

#1, beat the crap out of something that isn't living, i.e my pillow or something in a video game.

Or,

#2, go up to the top of my garden and sit beside the fish pond, somewhere where it's tranquil and quiet where I can get some fresh air to calm me down.

When the above are out of the question, then I just lie on my bed and fall asleep- most of the time, I wake up feeling a lot more refreshed. A good thing to do, which has probably been said already but in a different way, is to think positive, and take one thing at a time. :P

Anxiety.
July 8th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I can't sleep because I'm too stressed. Also, I have mild Insomnia.
So that's out of the question.

.little monster
July 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I hit things and curse, but only if I am really stressed. I usually just take deep breathes of "You better work next time or you're flying through the window!"

Jweeson
July 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I've had that happen. All my school friends were talking about me behind my back, and thought I was annoying. Along with a Biology project (In which I had a bad partner), Plus band and all the other classes that require me to put in effort.

I decided to just walk away from the friends, if they really wanted to be friends, then eventually, things would be okay. (Then there's the bad partner) I had to go to my teacher and talk to her about my deadbeat partner. What ended up happening was that I got more points for doing all the work, and she ended up getting less. (We had an F on the project because with only me working we only got half of the work done) Then she started to hate me and got other people to hate me as well.

For the projects and all that, I just worked really hard for like 3 hours, and then took the rest of the night off as a break. There's really nothing you can do to lessen stress besides maybe listen to music while you work? That always helps me.

And as for London, I really don't have any advice. I went to Washington D.C., and I needed help from my parents to save up for it.

Bagel
July 8th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I can't sleep because I'm too stressed. Also, I have mild Insomnia.
So that's out of the question.

wen i get stressed i do these things

1# i vent to a friend or if i cant vent to them i write about it. i jst write or vent about why im stressted and wat or who is making me stresseed it makes me feel so much better.

2# i excersice. i walk my dog, run around the block, or go swimming.
its really relaxing.

3# if people at school are the ones making me feel this way
i talk to them and not always nicely. if yelling at them is wat makes me feel better i will do that. there causing me stress so ill cause them stress

i get stressed really easily so i feel your pain

Damiano
July 8th, 2009, 12:53 PM
When im stressed i just walk away from whatever it is im stressed at and have a little time to relax, calm down and think things through before going back to it

Anxiety.
July 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM
That's the thing. I have nowhere to hide from the stress, I have it at school, at home, with my out of school friends, and when I'm by myself I feel like I'm going to be sick.

Giraffles <3
July 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I don't get stressed because i've never found something I put my all into and I never really try to work to my potential in school :3.