PDA

View Full Version : Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant...

Anxiety.
July 8th, 2009, 12:50 PM
How often do you rant? Do you just go on and on, because you want to?

Personally, I rant a lot. It calms me down in a much less violent way.

.little monster
July 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I rant a lot online, almost never in real life. I rant whenever something..makes me mad really. It calms me down, just like you.

Tater Tot
July 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Every time I should, I forget to. I should probably start though. :l

Vintage Arachnid
July 8th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I don't bother, because I don't think people want to hear it. So I just shut up, but I like listening/reading rants.

Miss Soupy
July 8th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I pretty much rant to anyone who listens. Every day. All the time. Online and offline. It's somewhat soothing, if the person just listens to what you say and mindlessly agrees with you. x]

.Seth
July 8th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I'll rant about something if it gets me extremly annoyed/irritated. Like most people, it helps me calm down. I ought to do that more often.

Citrinin
July 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I don't really like to rant, either on or offline. XD;

Limey-chan
July 8th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Nah, I don't rant much in real life or in the world of the interwebz.

Guillermo
July 8th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I hardly ever have anything to rant about. lul.

Master Terrador
July 8th, 2009, 05:39 PM
It Depends on what mood I'm in...I'll Rant if I'm irritated at something to calm myself and get my feelings "Out in the open"...

Anxiety.
July 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I need to rant to someone right now. I'd do it over the internet, but my favorite words to use whilst ranting are blocked. It wouldn't be a very fun rant for me.

Xairmo
July 8th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I hold it until I get time to talk to my mom or best friend[s], and then I talk their ears off. I'm the Mike Tyson of ranting.

Mariah Carey
July 8th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I usually rant about the things that don't need to be ranted about, which consequently worsens my ranting skills, but I do it anyway.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 9th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I rant about things that I can't stand, as a matter of fact I just love to rant. For example I rant mostly on the Jonas brothers to their fans, just for the lolz

:t354:TG

daigonite
July 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM
If talking to one's self counts, then I rant almost constantly.

Vyro
July 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM
you want a rant? I'll give you a rant!

Back in MY day we had 150 monsters, and that was ALL you needed! None o' these new-fangled 'cutey' monsters for children!

Look at dat thereTauros. A fine specimen of a monster. Look at the new-age Tauros. A CARTOON COW. Disgraceful! We had Pikachu and Raichu, but that wasn't CUTE enough for CHILDREN so they added Pichu, the Baby. Then they added those two Minun and Plushie creatures, which are completely obvious knockoffs! That's right, IVE SEEN YOUR NEW MONSTERS! BAH! Tailow? HootHoot? Starly? BAH! Give me Pidgey any day! Sentret? Zigzagoon? BIDOOF? You young whippersnappers can paint a Ratatta brown, but it's still a Ratatta!

The new popular starter is CHICKCHAR or something. Hooey! Back in my day, if you wanted a flaming monkey, you threw a Mankey into a bonfire!

I must say, it's nice to see the developers haven't gotten creative. A hippopotamus called "Hippopotas"? That's almost as clever as a pile of muck called "Muk"! Shows that the first generation was the BEST generation!

But everything they try to change doesn't work! Take evolution for example. Well, we DIDNT evolve them because evolution is a heathen scam! Everytime they tried to evolve, we would stop them because they were Intelligently Designed to be the way they were. But at least science was simpler in those days. Creatures evolved by leveling, stones, and trading! We didn't need to equip any new-fangled Kings Rock while leveling up at dusk while fighting a Goldeen at Cinnabar Island with a happiness level of 200 and spare Rare Candy in the inventory! That's ridiculous!

Also, there are no male or female monster of the same species! If they were, they would be a DIFFERENT SPECIES like Nidoran is. I notice that you haven't tried to reclassify them as the same species. That's because they are the ONLY monster with genders! All them other monsters are a-sexual. They don't breed! You kids today pass your monsters to some hag, and she has to genetically engineer you a cross-bred creature. WHY ELSE WOULD CREATURES ONLY MULTIPLY IN A DAYCARE CENTER?

Speaking of evolution, you young punks can stop evolving my monsters! Lickitung, Tangela and Rhydon were useless enough without you tainting them with stripes and spikes and scowls! If we wanted them to evolve, we would have done it the old fashioned way: by putting three of them together! I see what you did to Magneton! IF WE WANTED MAGNETON TO EVOLVE, WE WOULD JUST PUT THREE TOGETHER.

YOUR TURTWIG IS A BULBASAUR WITH A LEAF ON ITS HEAD!

Where was I? Oh yeah, your fancy colors. We didn't have color back in my day! We had black and puke green and we were grateful! People at the store would say, "Welcome to Cerulean City, the most vibrant city in Kanto. Would you like to see a third color?" and you would reply, "No, sir, I am satisfied with two" because THATS THE WAY GOD MADE IT.

And what's with these monsters that roam around the whole region? I don't care if you are a legendary, you stay in ONE house or cave. YOU DONT MOVE. I tells ya, the whole world is loosing control. Pretty soon these creatures will all be free. What kind of world has no pocket monster fighting action paralleling cockfighting? I am not sure, but it's a world I want none to do with!

Maybe this old fool is too naive for this new world. But with God as my witness, I will keep my level 100 Charmander, level 100 Magikarp, and level 100 Pikachu by my side forever. You kids wouldn't understand because you're too busy 'evolving' your monsters, watching their stat-ee-vees and teachin' them moves to balance against your friends. What a waste of time! I could beat the Elite Four everytime, back when that MEANT something. So you can go fight strangers over them thar internets if you will, but as for me and my monsters, we will retire from a world which no longer needs us.

Kinarii
July 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Most of my ranting is done in dA journals, but yeah, I definitely rant. If I didn't voice my frustrations somewhere, they'd destroy me from the inside. I don't have many friends I can talk to and the ones I do have aren't always there at the time I need to get something out, and some of my issues are "you had to be there through the whole thing to be of any help 'cause I ain't explaining it all again" deals, so that limits the people I can vent to even further.

Anxiety.
July 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM
you want a rant? I'll give you a rant!

Back in MY day we had 150 monsters, and that was ALL you needed! None o' these new-fangled 'cutey' monsters for children!

Look at dat thereTauros. A fine specimen of a monster. Look at the new-age Tauros. A CARTOON COW. Disgraceful! We had Pikachu and Raichu, but that wasn't CUTE enough for CHILDREN so they added Pichu, the Baby. Then they added those two Minun and Plushie creatures, which are completely obvious knockoffs! That's right, IVE SEEN YOUR NEW MONSTERS! BAH! Tailow? HootHoot? Starly? BAH! Give me Pidgey any day! Sentret? Zigzagoon? BIDOOF? You young whippersnappers can paint a Ratatta brown, but it's still a Ratatta!

The new popular starter is CHICKCHAR or something. Hooey! Back in my day, if you wanted a flaming monkey, you threw a Mankey into a bonfire!

I must say, it's nice to see the developers haven't gotten creative. A hippopotamus called "Hippopotas"? That's almost as clever as a pile of muck called "Muk"! Shows that the first generation was the BEST generation!

But everything they try to change doesn't work! Take evolution for example. Well, we DIDNT evolve them because evolution is a heathen scam! Everytime they tried to evolve, we would stop them because they were Intelligently Designed to be the way they were. But at least science was simpler in those days. Creatures evolved by leveling, stones, and trading! We didn't need to equip any new-fangled Kings Rock while leveling up at dusk while fighting a Goldeen at Cinnabar Island with a happiness level of 200 and spare Rare Candy in the inventory! That's ridiculous!

Also, there are no male or female monster of the same species! If they were, they would be a DIFFERENT SPECIES like Nidoran is. I notice that you haven't tried to reclassify them as the same species. That's because they are the ONLY monster with genders! All them other monsters are a-sexual. They don't breed! You kids today pass your monsters to some hag, and she has to genetically engineer you a cross-bred creature. WHY ELSE WOULD CREATURES ONLY MULTIPLY IN A DAYCARE CENTER?

Speaking of evolution, you young punks can stop evolving my monsters! Lickitung, Tangela and Rhydon were useless enough without you tainting them with stripes and spikes and scowls! If we wanted them to evolve, we would have done it the old fashioned way: by putting three of them together! I see what you did to Magneton! IF WE WANTED MAGNETON TO EVOLVE, WE WOULD JUST PUT THREE TOGETHER.

YOUR TURTWIG IS A BULBASAUR WITH A LEAF ON ITS HEAD!

Where was I? Oh yeah, your fancy colors. We didn't have color back in my day! We had black and puke green and we were grateful! People at the store would say, "Welcome to Cerulean City, the most vibrant city in Kanto. Would you like to see a third color?" and you would reply, "No, sir, I am satisfied with two" because THATS THE WAY GOD MADE IT.

And what's with these monsters that roam around the whole region? I don't care if you are a legendary, you stay in ONE house or cave. YOU DONT MOVE. I tells ya, the whole world is loosing control. Pretty soon these creatures will all be free. What kind of world has no pocket monster fighting action paralleling cockfighting? I am not sure, but it's a world I want none to do with!

Maybe this old fool is too naive for this new world. But with God as my witness, I will keep my level 100 Charmander, level 100 Magikarp, and level 100 Pikachu by my side forever. You kids wouldn't understand because you're too busy 'evolving' your monsters, watching their stat-ee-vees and teachin' them moves to balance against your friends. What a waste of time! I could beat the Elite Four everytime, back when that MEANT something. So you can go fight strangers over them thar internets if you will, but as for me and my monsters, we will retire from a world which no longer needs us.

This made my day.
Win post is made of win. I applaud you.

I really really need to rant, I think I might go and bother my friends.

Melody
July 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah. I totally rant whenever the mood to do so hits me. I enjoy writing a good rant on something...on anything really. xD Usually I rant on things that piss me off, irk me, irritate me, or even things that just generally bother me in some vague and harmless way. Ah yes, I have quite a writer's streak when it comes to expressing just how I feel.

Buuut, there's a downside to that. I can only write well when I am emotionally charged in some way. If you were to hand me a essay prompt on just any day, I'd look at you and say, "Are you flipping crazy?". Then I'd probably rant at you verbally for at least an hour. xD

But yeah. Ranting is quite fun, and nothing really feels more satisfying when you put your heart, soul and feelings into every word. It's healing in a way. Heaven help the person who gets between me and a good rant. ne?

Cheesymitten
July 9th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I've not had a rant in ages...That may be a lie, because i'm not sure if i had a rant today, i'm never sure if i have a rant :P

ShadowLeader
July 9th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Sometimes I get going can't stop. It's a force of habit, because I talk a lot too.

Ayselipera
July 9th, 2009, 04:45 PM
If somethings been bothering me then I'll rant about it.
The same goes for something thats really exciting.

~MagmortaЯ~
July 9th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I rant a lot to, it keeps me occupied.

Netto Azure
July 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I used to rant A LOT here in PC during the 2008 US Election Cycle (Not the SU Emblem) probably still do, but rarely due to time constraints. :<