PDA

View Full Version : You Actually Think That Looks Good?

Xairmo
July 8th, 2009, 09:58 PM
We've all seen people in public wearing horrible outfits, but have you ever seen someone who's just flat out disgusting? For me, it's those 60 year old men who wear speedos on the beach, at pools, on boats, etc. Really it's disgusting, and they csan't possibly think it looks good. I was on a cruise last year and there were a bunch of these people there and it made want to gag. So do any of you have any pet peeves of the sort?

ChronicEdge
July 8th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I just hate it when people think that the clothes that they're wearing are making a statement or something ridiculous like that. The whole punk/goth look thing isn't getting anything accomplished anymore. Neither are tattoos or piercings. We're out of that age.

Xairmo
July 8th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I hate overly statement based clothing. but there was one shirt at Hot Topic that was so over-the-top that I found it hilarious. I want a few tattoos and a piercing but some people go way overboard with it, it's painful to look at.

Star★Seeker
I just hate it when people think that the clothes that they're wearing are making a statement or something ridiculous like that. The whole punk/goth look thing isn't getting anything accomplished anymore. Neither are tattoos or piercings. We're out of that age.Ugh. Tell me about it. Here where I live all punk/goths/emos dress horribly. I once saw this guy who was wearing knee high black and white socks. I mean, American emo boys are cute, but here they look like 90's grunge grupies. Also every wannabe gangsters seem to think lip and eyebrow piercing look cool; they don't!

txteclipse
I saw a fat woman wearing gold spandex pants that were at least three sizes too small for her. I wanted to punch her in the face.

Xairmo
July 8th, 2009, 10:12 PM
The whole "Punk" style kind of contradicts itself. The whole thing about punk was to be all indvidual and fight against the man. But the Punk clothing is essentially an over-the-top, dark revival of the 50's Greaser look.

Star★Seeker
July 8th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I saw a fat woman wearing gold spandex pants that were at least three sizes too small for her. I wanted to punch her in the face.

Me too. It's become a trend in this gigantic piece of floating rock where I live for fat women to wear skin tight jean under the buttcrack and short, low cut tanktops.

ChronicEdge
July 8th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I don't think that there's anything wrong with a tattoo or piercing as long as it actually means something to you. If you want to tattoo your daughter's birthday on your arm or something, whatever, that's cool. The whole full body metal/guyliner/tie over t-shirt/safety pin/bleached rainbow hair thing is just absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

I'm also not incredibly fond of things like Abercrombie or Hollister, the preppy logo crap.

I also don't like the little ghetto rat fashions with all of the skulls and roses and playing card and false graffiti.

I guess I really don't like any kind of clothing that makes me want to stereotype you, though some would say that that's my problem. But as always, I dun' care.

Xairmo
July 8th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I'm also not incredibly fond of things like Abercrombie or Hollister, the preppy logo crap.

I also don't like the little ghetto rat fashions with all of the skulls and roses and playing card and false graffiti.

I guess I really don't like any kind of clothing that makes me want to stereotype you, though some would say that that's my problem. But as always, I dun' care.

I agree 100%. I hate shopping for clothes because all stores cater to one stereotypical style, and I don't fit into any of those groups. I wear a little bit of everything, why do I have to limit myself to one style?

*Nayz*
July 8th, 2009, 10:43 PM
I hate the way the good majority of females today dress. It's not cute at all. They look like they're on their way to their corner to work.

Yuoaman
July 8th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I hate when larger women where tight jeans far too low... I'm fat, but I don't wear clothes to emphasize the fact, why do you have to!

EpsilonE
July 9th, 2009, 12:00 AM
An old bag in her 70s wearing a see-through white nighty with a red thong on underneath at the movie theaters.

Wrinky, saggy, and wearing nearly invisble clothing, no bra either.

Ew. yes, ew.

UraharaSteph
July 9th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stand how all these chav boys wannabe gangsters and now even the 'Emos' and 'indies' are doing it.... wearing their trousers really low down so their butt hangs out .... >_>

They think it's cool to have their trousers round their ankles! Argh! Sure, having your jeans a bit loose is fine and all that, but seriously, showing your whole butt in it's grey stained boxers?! What the hell is that?! is that 'Fashion'?!

No offence to anyone who does that on this forum, but when a guy comes over and chats me up, while his backside is hanging out and I can see his boxers... it's just a complete turn off and I actually want to burst out laughing.

Gymnotide
July 9th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I hate anything involving feathers or glitter, especially if they are pink.
Or on men.

No offence to anyone who does that on this forum, but when a guy comes over and chats me up, while his backside is hanging out and I can see his boxers... it's just a complete turn off and I actually want to burst out laughing.

Better yet, slap it :D

Dukey
July 9th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I'd say old guys in their birthday suits at public swimming pools in the change rooms is pretty terrible, though it doesn't get much better once they have speedos on.

My Mum & Dad are usually the ones to point out horrible outfits, generally some gothic or emo style wear, of which I generally think looks really awesome and I'm really jealous of it XD
But I just keep that to myself.

Archer
July 9th, 2009, 04:08 AM
MySpace/Facebook photos. No, you don't have to look stoned or angry. No, you don't have to hold the camera up as high as you can - get someone else to take the photo... from a sensible angle.

I feel sorry for people that are insecure enough with their image to get piercings or tattoos, or even to change their hair, but it's fine if it's just because it's the way you like it. Either way, it's their choice and I don't mind that.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion.

Surf
July 9th, 2009, 04:42 AM
I hate it when people wear soccer jerseys out in the street.
Sure, I wear them, but that's at an actual soccer game.
Then there are the "gangsta" people, thinking they're real cool.

Cassino
July 9th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I think a woman/girl not in a dress (knee/ankle/floor length) or other modest clothing is inadequately dressed.

.little monster
July 9th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I saw this very obese woman at a fireworks show last year. She couldn't even walk, she was in a motorized wheel chair. Well, she was wearing a mini-shirt and a mini skirt..You could see almost everything. X-X

.Ozymandias
July 9th, 2009, 07:10 AM
People who wear clothes completely unsuitable for their age. 11/12 year old girls in tiny mini-skirts and vest tops when they aren't even old enough to require a bra? Not sexy. With the same token, 60 year old men who wear Evisu jeans tucked into enormous trainers complete with American basketball jersey and baseball cap, also not sexy. In fact, incredibly frightening.

Vie
July 9th, 2009, 07:11 AM
speedos in general. the push-up bras for men. horrible. and oversized boxershorts with noodles sticking out. >.< urgh.
And I hate those weird girls with piercings between lip and cheek and nose, and white hair on the top with black hair underneath. and way too brown from the girlie-toaster. And shaved eyebrows. And trousers in socks. and all that.
horrible.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stand how all these chav boys wannabe gangsters and now even the 'Emos' and 'indies' are doing it.... wearing their trousers really low down so their butt hangs out .... >_>

and that too.

What makes my stomach do cartwheels is seeing girls my age that are over weight wearing tight clothing. Its worse when they sit down, because all of their fat is coming out, why would you dress like that knowing your fat.

and that too.
Wear clothes that flatter, PLEASE!

And I absolutely hate those 12 year old girl with their push up bras and minititts sticking out. Go and play with barbies, don't act like ****s.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 9th, 2009, 07:12 AM
What makes my stomach do cartwheels is seeing girls my age that are over weight wearing tight clothing. Its worse when they sit down, because all of their fat is coming out, why would you dress like that knowing your fat.

:t354:TG

Greene1516
July 9th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Now this is a thread I can greatly contribute to. Let me convey the horrors of the emerald isle.

- Knackers! Scumbags that rob people and live in dirt filled caravans who go around with their tracksuit pants tucked into their high white socks.
- All the fat girls dress in practically nothing.
- The skateborder "I'm cool by wearing my pants down around my knees" look.
- "The D4 look" as my GF calls it; girls with their hair all pushed from one side of their face to the other and all dressed the same.
- The idiots who hang around the town in cheap suits who think they are all "psychadelic".
- The emo guys who wear skirts for the kick.
- The Paris Hilton wannabes

Giraffles <3
July 9th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I love oddly dressed people, I don't care about the reason they're wearing it, just the fact that some people have the bravery to wear what they wear. Why is todays current society have to be all about looks, can't we do what makes us feel good to?

Soul Eater
July 9th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I hate how overweight people wear tight clothing. I mean I'm not being mean at all... I just think that tight clothing is a bit much for that sort of thing.

I also notice that girls who are only about seven or eight wear clothes that are more fit for a teenager. I've only seen it a few times though... it just doesn't make sense. D:

Then you have emo guys wearing girl pants. wtf. Those pants are for GIRLS not guys but... then again, with what us girls wear as for as boys stuff goes... I guess it doesn't matter.

Vyro
July 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
http://blog.nbc.com/ross_blog/H%20Ugly%20Betty%20ROSS.jpg

enough said...

Neko64
July 9th, 2009, 08:31 AM
For me it's when I see little girls who aren't teenagers or who are like 13 walk around in clothes that barely cover them up. x_< Ticks me off so much! The other day my boyfriend and I went to my aunt's house for a party and we see my 13 year old cousin walking around like she's all that, in a really skimpy looking two-piece bathing suit and my boyfriend says to me "Man just looking at her makes me want to punch someone." and I couldn't agree more lol.

Miss Soupy
July 9th, 2009, 09:34 AM
- The wannabe gangster's and with their pants on so low their behinds are quite visible. No, sir, I do not want to see your boxers. And are those little fire trucks I see on them?

- And this is just personal preference, but I do not like seeing guys with eyeliner and mascara caked heavily on them. Er... basically the emo/goth style.

ReyRey-Pyon
July 9th, 2009, 09:59 AM
- The wannabe gangster's and with their pants on so low their behinds are quite visible. No, sir, I do not want to see your boxers. And are those little fire trucks I see on them?

this D:

and when fatter girls come in dressing in super tight jeans and tight little baby tee's with everthing hanging out
i mean, if you're heavy you can look good if you know how...just not in that D:

little girls (around maybe 10-12 usually) in ****ty clothes, caked in makeup, a t-shirt and a little skirt is fine, but please
little kids are supposed to be cute D:

Gold warehouse
July 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
To each their own I suppose, I could say that I hate someones certain dress sense, but if they are wearing it then it obviously works for them. I'm sure what I wear is seen as horrible to some other people.
Parents dressing their young daughters in flaunty clothes is just sickening though, I don't like girls any age dressing like that, but at least most of them are old enough to make that decision for themselves.
I did see an old guy wearing jorts in a store the other day aswell, do not want D:

Rokusasu
July 9th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I saw a man in a velvet cloak with white socks and sandals on at my local supermarket the other week. o_o; And on Monday I saw an older lady (perhaps in her 50s/60s) in a grey tracksuit, though it was evident she wasn't wearing a bra because there was a lot of sagging going on.

Skinny jeans on boys often amuse me, though there are a few who can carry it off- not the one guy I saw at the petrol station today, who looked like he'd just crapped himself. D;

One of the girls in my dance class told us about three guys who came into the place she worked, wearing different outfits: one was in shorts, with no top, another was in jeans and a t-shirt, and the last one was wearing a t-shirt and Speedos. x_x; The store's not even near the beach, dammit! XD

Xairmo
July 9th, 2009, 07:12 PM
For me it's when I see little girls who aren't teenagers or who are like 13 walk around in clothes that barely cover them up. x_<

They are called Prosti-tots?

altaria221
July 9th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Every person has different views on what looks good, and what doesn't

For me
overweight people wearing extremely tight clothing, please no
extremely baggy clothing, i mean i am wearing loose jeans right now, but the won't fall down to my ankles if i take my hand out of my pocket
people with crazy hair colorings,
However, if you change your hair once, i am okay with that, but constantly changing your hair color, i promise you there is a girl at my school and saw her with TWO different hair colors in ONE DAY.
skimpy clothing, please, not everyone wants to see
and little girls in little clothing, please, once again no one wants to see it except maybe some very strange people

But, who am i to say what you can and can't wear, please just spare the world from the torture

Xairmo
July 9th, 2009, 08:16 PM

That sounds worse than Giraffe Abortion.

.little monster
July 9th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I was looking up a wallpaper for my desktop and I saw a picture of an overweight Elvis imposter. Hold on let me find it..

http://www.wtfcostumes.com/costumes/fat_elvis_cameltoe_costume.jpg

He lives! D:

2A4Rulez
July 9th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Speedos.

I have to wear them to swimming every day.
They're quite comfortable, you just shouldn't look at hot girls.(If you know what I mean.)

ReyRey-Pyon
July 9th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I was looking up a wallpaper for my desktop and I saw a picture of an overweight Elvis imposter. Hold on let me find it..

He lives! D:

OKAY THAT IS SCARY /dies

DDD:

ChronicEdge
July 9th, 2009, 08:54 PM

He lives! D:

Did someone give him a wedgie in the front? o:

Second Coming of Jebus
July 9th, 2009, 09:36 PM

He lives! D:

OH MY GOD. I see the balls, but where's his penis gone?

.little monster
July 9th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Those aren't his balls..it's fat.

Sokai
July 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I just hate it when people think that the clothes that they're wearing are making a statement or something ridiculous like that. The whole punk/goth look thing isn't getting anything accomplished anymore. Neither are tattoos or piercings. We're out of that age.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Oh.
And Twilight t-shirts.
:| That's right. I said it.

And also, scene kids.
I admit, there are some scene girls whose hair I think is kind of cute but I would never wear it.
Especially since majority of the time, it's all extensions and they're covered in makeup and their eyeliner is as thick as Gaara's rings from Naruto and their face is covered with piercings and all their friends look just like them and wear the same clothes.

ohwaitmybadthey'reindividuals.

OH, and of course, the guys with the pants ten sizes too large for them so they hang around their thighs exposing their boxers/briefs/whatever.

Ew.

bit.trip void
July 9th, 2009, 09:48 PM

I should hope so. And thats just.. ew. Lolelvis.

ChronicEdge
July 9th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Oh.
And Twilight t-shirts.
:| That's right. I said it.

And also, scene kids.
I admit, there are some scene girls whose hair I think is kind of cute but I would never wear it.
Especially since majority of the time, it's all extensions and they're covered in makeup and their eyeliner is as thick as Gaara's rings from Naruto and their face is covered with piercings and all their friends look just like them and wear the same clothes.

ohwaitmybadthey'reindividuals.

OH, and of course, the guys with the pants ten sizes too large for them so they hang around their thighs exposing their boxers/briefs/whatever.

Ew.

Yup.

I have problems with TWHY?!light too. I won't go as far as saying that it ruined vampires; they've been declining steadily since Rice's heyday (she's writing Christian novels now; uck), but I can and do say that we have hit the point from which there is no and never shall be any return.

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread.

I think that it should be illegal for women to wear anything other than single color t-shirts or sweaters or whatever. Too many times have I been accused of having unwholesome thoughts simply because I would like to know what a woman's shirt depicts. >_>

Kakex
July 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
well, i myself dont like rap music and clothes, but im ok with that if someone else does. but what i dont get is, when we were in about 4th grade, then 1 bully came to our class, and had earring (he was boy.)
well after week, more than 2/3 had earring too... after while, my 1 friend, bought rap cap (or whatever you call it :D) that hat thingy) guess what happened? after week everyone had one. and ofc, when that bully was on our class, some of my best friends start bullying me too^^ atm on 7th, after this vacation 8th :D. i understand that some ppl wants different clothes or same, but i think it is just ridicilous, to buy same clothes like that bully, just because he wouldnt bully you. yeah i know, ive been bullied bout 4 years now in school. (goed ot :P)

ChronicEdge
July 9th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Oh, I also don't understand those ridiculous styrofoam shoes-that-try-to-be-sandals. Come the **** on. >_>

Second Coming of Jebus
July 9th, 2009, 11:09 PM

So you're saying those two round things hanging off his crotch, aren't testicles, but fat? I don't think so.