PDA

View Full Version : If you were an admin of PC; what would you change?

Forever
July 9th, 2009, 05:45 AM
This is changing things such as the infraction system, disabling rep, etc. Your choice. o3o This can also be more than one thing.

Get rid of 45 seconds between posts rule for supporters? idk. :[

bgt
July 9th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Personally, I'd change the 20-point infraction system to a 10-point system. Personally I'm tired of slapping everyone on the wrists.

ShinjisLover
July 9th, 2009, 05:47 AM
I'd disable rep. I'd most likely get rid of the 'wait 60 seconds between making a report' thing. That's really it, though. .

Avey
July 9th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Lower the post count allowance for blogs to three thousand. That's a respectable number. I'd lower the time limit between posts to thirty seconds, maybe.

That's about it. No complaints.

Zero°
July 9th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Don't know if it would be possible, but getting rid of being NINJA'D in a thread, also an Automatic thread mover would be nice. I know Im such an Impossible child <3

>Feelings<
July 9th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I'd remove the reputation system, or give the privelege of using it to only a select few who deserve it.
I'd also give blog to anyone who deserves it, because all those deserving people have something to say about their life too. That said, I don't care much about blogs, lol.

.little monster
July 9th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Remove the reputation system, no 60 seconds between posting or VMing, infract a few people who are spamming everywhere who I know the staff are just ignoring. :|

Corvus of the Black Night
July 9th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I wouldn't do anything, really, except probably get rid of the hideous themes. They really do burn my eyes - the only one I really like is Final Resistance, so I'd keep that one.

But the thing is, I don't even like PC that much (enough to still go here obviously) and I wouldn't be suitable for an adminastrator for that reason.

Limey-chan
July 9th, 2009, 07:16 AM
On the "forum tools" drop-down tab i'd add the option to 'mark forum as read and return to board index', other forums I visit have it so i'm really not sure why this forum doesn't. A small thing, but it irks me.

Other than that the site's pretty much spot on and I wouldn't change anything else ^^

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 9th, 2009, 07:34 AM
actually its more like 45 seconds then 60 seconds. I would like to change the ability to be able to cuss on this forum, it would make things a litttle bit more interesting thats all

:t354:TG

Vyro
July 9th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Change the swear laws, get rid of the post rule etc.

(ban every mod and other admin and take over the forum...)

ShadowLeader
July 9th, 2009, 07:39 AM
I would take away the between post time limit. That's really annoying.

Neko
July 9th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I would replace every curse word known to man with it's non-offensive counterpart, so whenever someone posts something with a curse word it'll be changed. I'll also make it so this happens to curse words that are within words themselves.

XD; Nah, I'm just kidding. Seriously though, wouldn't that be an awesome thing to just do randomly one day?

"Buttbuttination!"
"Darnnation!"

Lol.

Kazukii
July 9th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Get rid of 60 seconds between posts rule for supporters? idk. :[

It's 45 not 60 & I'd love that ability as a supporter. Uhh well I think there should be a mod under every section but that's a personal view.

Mitchman
July 9th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Make 2 more mod ranks.
MSRs-Moderation Supportive Roles. They are like mini mods assigned to mods and only 1-2 are given to each mod. They can enforce the law flag comments but cannot infract or lock threads.
A-Mods-Area Moderators- They act like mods but all around for a certain area like other discussions.

Anxiety.
July 9th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I would clean up the Themes. Some of them just annoy me.
That's about it though. This is strange coming from me; I always complain about something, but I actually like the way PC is run.

Master Terrador
July 9th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Get Rid of that Stupid Reputation...It Seems to cause WAY Too Many Problems...The No Cursing Rule...I Actually Support it...Without it...there would be alot more Flaming Problems...(Just Making a Point...:\)

Gumball Watterson
July 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Personally, chill a bit on the cursing rules. Kids know the internet will never be safe.

Oh, and I'd make June 28 Official Caps Lock Day in honor of Billy Mays and make a theme based off nothing but Orange Glo and Oxiclean... Um.. what else?

Oh yeah, ban a few people I really don't like at the moment.

Tyrantrum
July 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I'd disabled the rep!!! :3

And also get of the time limit between PMs, VMs and Reports.
So, basically the same as others. Generic... >>;

~MagmortaЯ~
July 9th, 2009, 05:04 PM
The changing your name rule (to you can change it every week XD), changing the 60 second rule and the changing your threads name rule

Wulf
July 9th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I'm fine with everything the way it is, but for one thing that makes me get so enraged. Every ****ing time I hit New Posts I have to wait 10 God long seconds. Christ that gets anoying considering how many times I accidently double click it.

I've seen some things that get plenty people angr, but this...THIS! Those 10 seconds are the longest 10 seconds in my life. It's a piece of piss and I don't know why it's there. If someone can enlighten me, do it. But even if you do explain to me why I have to wait 10 seconds to see New Posts, and it turns out it's still important, I'll still hate it.

Tater Tot
July 9th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Give a choice of colors to use for your username so the noobs will stop whining about it. :[

Stop the retarded seconds rule.

Enable the four-word limit only for forums that need it.

Put up a big fat sign at the top of the home page that people should stop stressing so much about rep. And if they really didn't care about it to shut up about it.

Place a list of rules on the side of the home page of the forums, so there is better of a chance that members will read it.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 9th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I'd make all "wait ___ seconds" things 45 seconds longer, just so more people could complain.
I'd make Spey the official rep mod, since he's awesome like that ;D
Change the 4 word rule to 5, just to mess with people.
I'd make a rule requiring Nica and Todoroki Is to blog at least 10 times a day.
Everyone's usernames = hot pink.

Awesome, yes? :D

s0nido
July 10th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Remove the reputation system, delete all inactive members who make an account and never return for years, and also introduce harsher punishments against people who break the rules.

The Darkest Gale
July 10th, 2009, 03:45 AM
rep only given out for a certain thing whether it be
welcoming some well etc ^^

Guillermo
July 10th, 2009, 03:48 AM
actually its more like 45 seconds then 60 seconds. I would like to change the ability to be able to cuss on this forum, it would make things a litttle bit more interesting thats all

:t354:TG

I'd ban people like that and all that other junk. Whatever the hell needs to be done.

abnegation
July 10th, 2009, 03:56 AM
First off i would make any inactive usernames available for eg. Any members who haven't been active for more than a certain period of time or who have signed up and never come back should have their usernames made available for other members so that those of us who are actually active can choose the usernames we wish because i know as fact that there are some good usernames taken. Secondly i would try filter the bad rep ( I know admins are working on this) but there has been some really silly bad rep been given to poeple who didn't deserve it and sometimes they can do nothing about it because the admins have enough to deal with then to be fixing someones reputation. Also the Vm time limit is a bit annoying. I'm a st typer and i would reply to 2 vms in 60 seconds but i have to wait and extra 30 seconds to reply to the next one. So i would bring the time limit for Vm's down to 30secs or 45secs at most. Lastly i would change the curtains. They're a bit 1980's. XD

I don't see a lot wrong with PC though, it's still the best run forum i've ever been on

Alinthea
July 10th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Make Spey admin.
He knows his stuff!

I would change some flood times but not by much.

Sammi
July 10th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Assuming I had the awesome power to do whatever I want WITHOUT voting for it, I'd up the PM limit to maybe 200 for members, lower the time between PMs to 30 seconds, and maaaaybe lower the VM flood limit to something like 20 seconds. Just small things like that. Overall I like how PC's run and I'm not terribly picky. :p

...which begs the question, why didn't I bring these up? Don't know if the flood limit could be changed at all with how many members we have, but surely 50 more PMs wouldn't kill us... right? Right? ;;

Azonic
July 10th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Knowing myself, I'd probably be excited for the first two minutes, then I'd get pretty much bored to death and not do anything. :p I might do something cool like remove the PC rules. :0Make Spey admin.
He knows his stuff!
The Spey jokes are seriously getting old. :/

Avey
July 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Knowing myself, I'd probably be excited for the first two minutes, then I'd get pretty much bored to death and not do anything. :p I might do something cool like remove the PC rules. :0

What about your dream to rename it the CherriCommmunity?

Netto Azure
July 10th, 2009, 08:18 AM
As both a suggestion and post here...I would have to say, take out the character limit on OT, or seperate the trivia and games in OT. we could develop more forum games that way. ^_^

And stop getting crappy infractions. D:<

I agree...Lower the wait times for posting. D:

Also have the ability to change titles by regular members return. Sometimes threads are locked just because the title was wrong. XD