PDA

View Full Version : How often do you find money on the Ground?

Sarcastic Prince
July 10th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Well, I was wondering, how often do you find money on the Ground? And if you found money on the Ground, will you take it to the Police Station? For me, I wouldn't. I like money you know.

And BTW, I sometimes find money on the Ground. (Especially in vacations.)

Cheesymitten
July 10th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I find them a lot on the floor, i can tell if it's a coin :P
I'm quiet lukcy....If you call finding 1 and 2p's lucky XD

Sarcastic Prince
July 10th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I find them a lot on the floor, i can tell if it's a coin :P
I'm quiet lukcy....If you call finding 1 and 2p's lucky XD

That kinda counts. I found a 1 Euro Penny when I was in Thailand's Airport.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 10th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I find lots of change on the floor at work. At least a penny every day.

>Feelings<
July 10th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Almost never. I've only maybe found such a thing once or twice in my whole long life.

Charmandersrule
July 10th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Well everyone sees change often, but dollars no i dont see much of that ... ever.

ShadowLeader
July 10th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah not really that often. One time I found a dollar on the ground.

.little monster
July 10th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Haha I don't even remember the last time. All I know is that I get $520 a year for allowance and I plan on getting a job once I get a work permit. Which I cant get until I enroll at my new school, which I can't do August 19th..:|

Avey
July 10th, 2009, 07:50 AM
In my fifteen years on this spinning ball we call earth, I've only found money on the ground once. I brought it to a police station and never saw it again.

Pyrax
July 10th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I find money on the ground sometimes.
Although the've been 1p, 2p, and 5p coins.

~MagmortaЯ~
July 10th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Once when i was playing football with my friends we found a money clip with 200 dollars in ti! For some reason my friend turned it in and after a week they gave it back to us because no one claimed it.

Satoshi Ookami
July 10th, 2009, 08:02 AM
It's kinda often but it's always just a little coin

Hagumi
July 10th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I don't find money lying on the ground very often, and if I do, it's usually just one and two pence coins — Nothing special.

Netto Azure
July 10th, 2009, 08:16 AM
The difference between "Sometimes" and "Not very often" is to vague.

I have to say sometimes. But rarely is more appropriate.

Neko
July 10th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately, not very often. I think the last time I'd found money on the ground was about half a year ago at school. :<

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
if pennies count then yes I find money, very often. But really money as in dollar bills (btw I found a five dollar bill in the street after getting out of my school 2 weeks ago), I probably find it once a month. But the most money I ever found in the street was when I was at six flags in the 9th grade with my school, I found a 50 dollar bill and some change and I kept it =]

:t354:TG

machinegun777
July 10th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I once found a one dollar bill on the ground ^^
But other than that I've only found pennies and nickles.

Katalyst
July 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I once found 5€ in the school canteen's floor. Other than that, found 1 cent. coins a couple of times.

msdmario
July 10th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I find pennies and nickles quite often. I don't pick them up most of them time unless I really desperate.

I once found a $20 bill on the ground in a store at Las Vegas. I kept it for myself. Like hell I would report it to the police station. I doubt anyone does that in "Sin City".

Zero°
July 10th, 2009, 10:36 AM
^Finding a $20 bill would be considered common in L.V.
I don't find money on the ground very often, but when I do, it's big money, kinda. I once found 4 dollars, then I found 50 cents and once I found five dollars, and I live in the "country" lol

Sushi.
July 10th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I find some coins on the floor sometimes if I keep looking on the floor though. XD

Gummy
July 10th, 2009, 10:50 AM
You can count the amount I've times I've found money and kept the entire thing to myself on one hand, and even then the most I've ever found is $5. I've found quite a few wallets in my school, but they're always either empty or have ID (making them easily returnable).

Ayselipera
July 10th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Every once and a while I'll find a quarter.
Although once I found two 20s, ahh that was a good day :)

Ultimate #1 Flareon Fan
July 10th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I usually just find quarters and pennies every now and then. The only time I found a $5 (or any kind of dollar) was at a store, which I kept. x)

©ereal Killer
July 10th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Meh... sometimes >.>

My chances are most probably 1/23456789
But i did found 50 bucks once... *sigh*
And a glorious day it was!

World King
July 10th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Meh, the most I found was 400 Mexican Pesos (13 pesos = 1 Dollar) one day at school, lying beneath a table I was sitting eating lunch. But besides that, I find 1s, 2s and 5s, which are about less than 40 cents. Talk about one's luck..

Alinthea
July 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Well, if you talk about coppers (1P + 2P) then all the time.
I don't pick them up, but I notice them.

If you talk about decent sums of money (£1 + Notes), then not very often.
We are living in hard times, I doubt people would let their money fall so easily.

The most I have ever found was a £20 note which was about a year ago now. Was in my home town.
I was happy! XD

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
July 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I have a kinda tendency to walk with my head down, so I find coins surprisingly regularly :D I've found...er, maybe somewhere between five and ten one pound coins on the floor and I once found a five pound note 8D

I find so many tiny bits though, that the total sum is probably quite high :P

Miss Soupy
July 10th, 2009, 03:52 PM
It's quite common to find dollar bills scattered around the ground when I venture downtown or in front of business buildings. Usually they're only one dollar bills, but on several occasions I've found a five dollar bill. However, more often than not the bills are either caked in filth or waterlogged. x__x

Lily!
July 10th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I tend to find money alot, be it pennies to twenty dollar bills.
Once I had found seven dollars in one day, and a twenty on the next.
If I find a dollar, I always pick it up. :D

ShinjisLover
July 10th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Not often at all.

And when I do find money, it's all mine. The person who dropped it obviously didn't care for it, so it's mine now.

coolman89765
July 16th, 2009, 01:17 PM
i rarely find money on the gorund

Citrinin
July 16th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I rarely find money on the ground, and the most I've ever found is $20. But it's a nice surprise when I do. :D

Vigilante
July 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM
All together I have found roughly 135 USD.

My friend found four hundred at a bust station, but his mum took one hundred, because he said that he only found a hundred. She said that it was too much for a boy his age.

bit.trip void
July 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I found $100 in a bottle on the Sydney harbor Bridge. :D.

Sarcastic Prince
July 16th, 2009, 11:29 PM
All together I have found roughly 135 USD.

My friend found four hundred at a bust station, but his mum took one hundred, because he said that he only found a hundred. She said that it was too much for a boy his age.

135 USD!? That's a lot! If I were your friend, I would just say that I found nothing at the Bus Station, 'cause the person dropped it deserves it.

Lucy Lu
July 17th, 2009, 12:30 AM
The place where I work at I always end up finding lose change around. Yeah most people don't want their pennis, quarters, dimes, nickels so we hang on to them just incase someone else needs it. It comes in handy when a customer is short on some change.

Now when people drop a dollar or twenty dollars...I turn it in with bookeeping. I don't keep it for myself. I wait two months to see if anyone claimed it. If not I can have it. So far I was able to keep the dollars. XD

Vie
July 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I sometiomes do, but, well, only sometimes.

THIRTY-SIX
July 17th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Almost everyday... never pick it up though.

Terrain
July 17th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Once in awhile. Mostly coins, or bills of little value. Guess I'm just unlucky, though I usually don't pick them up when I find...or see them...unless I needed money badly. :P

Anyway, I found out that I lose money twice more often than when I find some. :O

deliriouspurple
July 17th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Just today I found one, 1 coin and I kept it.

Anxiety.
July 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Hardly ever, I don't look for it so...

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Never, i found like 20$ a couple years ago, but that was too long ago. Haven't found anything above the 1$ in a long time :P mostly pennys or 5 cents.

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
July 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM
i found a twenty dollar bill laying next to be old elmentary, i was quite lucky. (:

ShadowChikorita
July 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I don't find money that often. I did find $20 in a parking lot once, but of course I was probably 8 years old or something... It was aaaages ago.

Taking money to a police station? Not me: it's way too easy for someone to claim it as their own, even if it's not theirs. Besides, I don't think people would bother going to a police station for even under $100; as I said, it's just too easy for people to claim it as their own, and people don't usually realize they've lost something until it's too late (personal experiences in NYC :().

Morkula
July 22nd, 2009, 08:09 PM
I never ever find money on the ground. On the rare occasion that I do, it's just a penny. I've never found more than a quarter...which is actually pretty sad.

Ayano Katagiri
July 22nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
I never find money. And in the rare case that I do, it's always very small coins (10c, 20c). If I did find something major (say... >$100), I'd take it into the police.

Star★Seeker
July 22nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
Never. I have horrid luck. My sister usually does better, though.

Drew
July 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Not as often as I'd like.

Every now and then.. it's not very common to find money on the ground over here. xD; Unless there's the occasionally penny, dime, etc.. Even that's rare, actually.

Caelus
July 22nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
I rarely leave my home but if I'm out I might find a penny on the ground and keep it. I probably won't keep it if its a lot, but I won't hesitate to pick anything worth less than a dollar.

Haza
July 22nd, 2009, 10:25 PM
Other than coins, not often. I do occasionally though.

mustafa505
May 24th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I had Found a coin when i was a kid but my mom snatched it and throwed it away :( so its rarely

Ryden
May 24th, 2010, 02:15 AM
I wish there was a choice like "Not often enough" XD

Its been a long time since I found money on the ground, that wasn't like a penny or a dime. I do recall one time while I was out with my mother we stumble across a large pile a change on the ground that ended up adding to around 5 bucks. this was pretty cool, and the fact it was all change made it pretty amusing. IN the past there has been a couple times I've seen a 5 dollar bill on the ground, but it was usually one I was able to find the legitimate owner off, simply by staying around the area and listening to see if anyone was missing it. Not asking if anyone was though, cause well thats would just be dumb. I'll be a good Samaritan, but not a sucker.

lunaldi
May 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
There are pennies on the floor everywhere, especially if you're in high school.

Don't come across the bills too often though.

The Cynic
May 25th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Not as often as I'd like to. I found £5 on the ground just 2 weeks ago but that is not an often occurrence.

SacredMiKeY
May 25th, 2010, 03:37 AM
generally not all the time
last time i found money it was a dollar and i bought a soda with it =3

Cherrim
May 25th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I had Found a coin when i was a kid but my mom snatched it and throwed it away :( so its rarely
Please don't revive threads from a year ago. Just make it anew if you like the topic. x_X