PDA

View Full Version : ~*!*~EVERYONE TAKES THEM~*!*~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM
When we are in pain, we take pain killers so we're not in pain for hours, days or even years, take a pain killer to solve your pain.

What pain killer do you take the most?

:t354:TG

Azonic
July 10th, 2009, 12:39 PM
~*!*~ I never take pain-killers. But I think I need to take one after seeing the thread title. ~*!*~

Gold warehouse
July 10th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I was under the impression that Advil, Motrin and Ibuprofen were all different names for what is essentially the same thing... Not to mention Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory drug, not a pain killer.
I reccomend you take some co-proxamol or co-dydramol if you want something to give that pain a real kick.

Alinthea
July 10th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Rum and Whisky do a better job for me...

©ereal Killer
July 10th, 2009, 01:21 PM
WTH IS IBUPROFEN??

I ask my mum for pain killers and pain killers is what i get...
I dont know that they have names now...

Went
July 10th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I actually don't take any XD Just some herbal kind of aspirine my mother has, but I think I'll take like one pill per year or so XD

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 10th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Ibuprofen... It's the only kind my father takes, but when i'm at my mothers i take Advil/Tylenol, so i don't really have a preference...

ShinjisLover
July 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I don't like to take any because I hate taking pills in general. But when I do, I always
take Ibuprofen.

Cassino
July 10th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Ahahaw, I'd just drink some whiskey.

Mariah Carey
July 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I take panadol and neurofen, sometimes panafen.
Meh, they never seem to work though.

Ayano Katagiri
July 10th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I have never heard of any of the "painkillers" in the poll until now; and the decorations don't help.
Though Ibuprofen is the active ingredient in Nurofen, which I have heard of but never used. I rarely ever use painkillers and when I do, I tend to take Panadol (para-acetylaminophenol) and only if it's really unbearable. I believe the equivalent would be the "Tylenol" in the US.

Ricky429
July 10th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I take Excedrin. Yea i know powerful stuff but its the only one tht works for me.

Archer
July 10th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I tend to take Panadol (para-acetylaminophenol) and only if it's really unbearable. I believe the equivalent would be the "Tylenol" in the US.
I thought it was paracetamol.... That's what it used to say on the packets, at least.

Yeah that's what I take for headaches, usually. I'll take Nurofen(Ibuprofen) if there isn't anything else, but I tend to stay away from pain-killers for injuries, as I figure they'll hurt if I do something I shouldn't, so I think that's a good warning system.

Ayano Katagiri
July 10th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I thought it was paracetamol.... That's what it used to say on the packets, at least.
Yeah, they're the same thing. Just IUPAC name. I've just been doing too much chemistry recently. ^_^;;

Cid
July 10th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I don't think everyone necessarily takes medicine as pain killers, but whatever.

I usually take ibuprofen or paracetamol, because that's what's familiar to me.

True Reign
July 10th, 2009, 11:11 PM
~*!*~I CAN'T STAND WHEN YOU DO THIS~*!*~

Anything that my mom gives me when I have a bad headache.

Sammi
July 11th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I take whatever we have in the house, which is usually something generic. Don't ask me what's in it. I honestly don't care what it is as long as it numbs the pain.

Although the painkilling medicine I take the most is, believe it or not, Midol. Although I guess it probably doesn't count as much as other options on the poll... .___.;

Tré
July 11th, 2009, 05:52 AM
i think ADvil's a great pain killer...because in our local TV ad...they make people laugh instead. haha xD

Anxiety.
July 19th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Ibuprofen.
That's what my Mom buys, so that's what I use.

.little monster
July 19th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I do not take a lot of painkillers, mainly because I am good with pain. However, if I am in a lot I will take a couple Ibuprofen. Vicoden is the best though. >:3

Mitchman
July 19th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Nurofen CF. I got a headache and 2 hours later gone.

Rokusasu
July 19th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I have paracetamol, but if that doesn't touch me, then I'll take Ibuprofen on top of it. I rarely take painkillers though- only if the pain's preventing me from sleeping, or from doing anything important.

Citrinin
July 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Paracetemol for mild pain; Ibuprofen for moderate pain; Panadeine for migraines.

Ayselipera
July 19th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Either Asprin or Ibuprofen, whatevers in the house at the time.

Metatron
July 19th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I usually don't take over-the-counter pain medication. Anything with high enough alcohol content to numb my body works well for me =D

I actually had a prescription forVicodin not too long ago, when my ex-girlfriend gave me mono, and I had like...blisters forming in the back of my throat from coughing so much. It's really not as...enjoyable as it's hyped up to be. All it did was make me numb, and tired all the time D:

:t169: VotV

xxxLatiasxxx
July 19th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I take Tylenol when I have a headache.

bit.trip void
July 19th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Panadol, if I have to. X3.

Guillermo
July 19th, 2009, 10:34 PM
~*!*~I take whatever the hell is there.~*!*~

Melody
July 20th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Whatever I've got on-hand, nearby or is most likely to stop the pain the fastest, and last the longest.

If I'm buying it, I'll just choose one at random, depending on the pain. Some 'painkillers' are more adept at stopping certain kinds of pain than others. Acetaminophen (Tylenol, Motrin) is best for pain and fevers, Ibuprofen (Advil) is better for plain pain. Aspirin works nicely too for plain pain, but I'd only use it if it was handy and no other was nearby.

Morkula
July 22nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
I try not to take them much, but if I get a really bad headache or something, then I usually take Excedrin. It knocks it out a lot quicker than other pain medicines and it seems to last longer too.

Idiot!
July 31st, 2009, 04:55 PM
For some reason, I hate painkillers.

Cherrim
August 5th, 2009, 04:43 AM
If I'm in enough pain to need a painkiller, it means I've transcended the need for something like advil. XD; Percocet is my painkiller of choice. ♥

Um. That said, out of the ones you listed, I find Advil is the only one that works at all. It's good for headaches for me and though I don't feel any pain numbing effects, it does help swelling or inflammation so I do use it alongside a stronger painkiller.

Alexithymia~
August 5th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I take paracetamol ;3

I haven't taken any on that list. Some I don't even recognise.

Suki
August 5th, 2009, 06:50 AM
I never take any pain killers. I don't even remember the last time I took one. I'm one who deals with the pain because I'm silly. My friends take a pain killer whenever they get a tiny headache. But if I probably would ever need any, I'd take paracetamol.