PDA

View Full Version : What Makes you nervous? ~

abnegation
July 10th, 2009, 04:29 PM
So what makes you worry and shiver with nerves?
Wht makes you pull this face?
http://www.21stcenturymed.org/worry-face.jpg
(okay that looks a little like worry but you get the idea xD)
Discuss!

Captain Fabio
July 10th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Uhhh.
Not a lot of things.
Recently however:

Getting my University results back (2:1 pass :D)
Seeing a good friend who I like, who I hadn't seen in a while. All good now though!

Yah.

ShinjisLover
July 10th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Everything. I have anxiety issues. If I leave the comfort of my house, my anxiety kicks in.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 10th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Same as Shinjislover. I'm a nervous wreck, i try to work on it but i'm pretty bad. I could have some sort of problem, i don't know... I haven't been to the doctors in like 5-6 years.

Miss Soupy
July 10th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Having a ton of eyes staring at me. If there's a ton of peeps staring me down and not saying anything, it makes me nervous because they could be thinking anything, and I worry I may have done something wrong.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 10th, 2009, 06:18 PM
When I'm about to get my stupid test results back on a test I know I didn't do so well on

:t354:TG

Zero°
July 10th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Airplanes mostly
and Boats, terrible nervious-ness

Anxiety.
July 10th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Meeting new people
Being in big crowds

That's it really. Not many things make me nervous, but you can tell when I am nervous because I bite my fingers, bite my lip or twitch.

True Reign
July 10th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I only get nervous when I have to make a presentation of some sort, but really, all you have to do is suck it up.

I would rather learn to not be nervous in front of my peers, then to stand in front of others when I'm older and just have a complete break down in sweat, lol.

Alexithymia~
July 10th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Everything basically.
I'm especially nervous at school, other people's houses and in public generally.
I'm a little less nervous on PC~

Cid
July 10th, 2009, 11:37 PM
After taking an exam.
When I talk to people I've just met.

Yeah, I usually get nervous at those times.

Soul Eater
July 11th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Lots of things make me nervous. D: I don't think I'll even be able to name them all.

- Social situations; this is one thing I have a hard time handling. I can never get the hang of social interaction no matter how much I try.
- Noises; I tend to get quite paranoid when there is a lot of noise around and for really deliberating noise I cover my ears.
- Hospitals and needles; You know I just can't stand hospitals because they never understand what your needs really are and ugh... that just make me so nervous. Needles also make me nervous, to the point where I'll kick and scream before they even happen.

That's all i can think of at the moment. If I think of more, than I'll add. XD

i'm a bubble. pop me.
July 11th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Sometimes getting my exam results and making a presentation in front of my class, ugh...

Mitchman
July 11th, 2009, 02:20 AM
60 year olds dressing like 20 year olds. Its so common I am shivering all day...

Cassino
July 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Having to deliver a structured talk in front of a group audience.
Nothing else.

Xashlei
July 12th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Taking a quiz/exam without having studied.
A lot of work due within three days.
Preparing a solo skit within 5 minutes. Fortunately, I'm good at improvising scripts on the spot. Later on I feel all critical though, like "I should've done this" or "should've said that"!
Too many bright lights, big crowds, and zooming cars. New York scared me--I was split from my family for two hours.

Gunn
July 12th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Cute boys, speeches in front of a large crowd, and driving at night (just a little though). I wish I had control over my nervousness too. My voice becomes shaky as well as my hands. :(

Anxiety.
July 12th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Oh, being around peoples parents also makes me nervous. I don't want to set a bad impression, but I know I can't help it.

All of my friends parents hate me :/

Zeroess
July 12th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Injections. I'm TERRIFIED of them :(

The Red Chain
July 12th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Many things make me nervous considering I have anxiety..
But I'd have to say what makes me the most anxious is when it sounds like someone is about to yell at me, or whenever someone gets too close to me, both emotionally and physically.

>Feelings<
July 12th, 2009, 07:14 AM
It makes me a little nervous when I am insulted in front of a huge group of people.

Also, flirty girls make me nervous.

Saltare.
July 12th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Taking Tests
Being around the boy I like
Going up in front of people
Walking around outside in pitch black darkness by myself
Also, flirty girls make me nervous

What? Why?

This guy I know makes me nervous cause he always gets hurt and in trouble and I'm almost always around him cause we're like besties.

Hagumi
July 12th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Quite a few things, like doing presentations in front of… well, anyone really, even my family and friends. Then there's going for injections, being at someone else's house (I'm okay if I'm going to a family member's house though), forgetting to do homework when it's due in a day or two, meeting new people and things like that.

Jorah
July 12th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Having to talk in front of other people, that's all I can think of. I think I have some sort of anxiety disorder, but it's not of any particular thing. Just that I worry there's something wrong with me XD It comes and goes at random times.

>Feelings<
July 12th, 2009, 07:39 AM
What? Why?

It just does until I know the girl very well. I guess I have something like flirtophobia? I wonder if such a thing even exists...

Netto Azure
July 12th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Being lectured again on the need to do chores perfectly and talking about depressing stuff. :<

.Wolfie-kun.
July 12th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I'm a nervous wreck around the girl I like, I wonder if this gave it away tbh XD

The lack of confidence does not help :P Also I HATE injections x.x

Giraffles <3
July 12th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Talking to pretty girls, whom I don't know, if I already know them i'm fine :3. Being introduced to like 50 people at once also makes me quite nervous <:3.

.little monster
July 12th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Meeting a crowd of new people and public speeches. They make me want to fake-faint so I can put off the event for a few days.

Mariah Carey
July 12th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I've learned over the years to get over public speaking so I'm alright with that. However, the dentist & needles (typical, right?) scare the crap out of me, ugh.

But the real scary thing is when Luke threatens me. ;-; It's so mean, he is so intimidating...

aipom man
July 12th, 2009, 02:01 PM
like meeting new people but this girl i like gawd she so pretty and she just wants us to be friends that makes me nervouse also open windows riding on boats and planes

Gymnotide
July 12th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Lately everything makes me nervous. *twitch*

Rokusasu
July 12th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Being in a room with people I know, but who I didn't get on with at school. XD A room full of strangers is fine, because they don't know me, but I hate people judging me for how I was for thirty hours or so a week. >_>; Just because I wanted to get non-failing grades, sheesh.

With my ultimate phobia (needles), I don't pull a worried face, I just burst into hysterics and try and run away. XDDD

Okamii
July 12th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Im very shy...so i get scared when i go to school. i dont talk to anyone but my friends pretty much! i need to work on that ^_^ so going to public places would do it.

*Nayz*
July 12th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I'm not a fan of confrontation

Gummy
July 12th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Arian and his racism

I tend to get nervous when I talk to a pretty girl that I don't already know. I'm self conscious about my appearance (I'm a little chubby) and since I don't have my personality to back me up, I usually just remain silent. Other things that make me nervous are doctor's offices, tests and speaking in front of a large crowd.

Gerri Shin
July 12th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Whenever I meet a girl for the first time as well as when I meet her parents. (though in truth it more nervous about how the girl will react after I meet her parents than actually meeting her parents)

.Seth
July 12th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Answering questions in class. I do not like being the center of attention. Eh, though sometimes it makes a good joke opportunity.

Guillermo
July 12th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Going to the dentist and when a good friend of mine disappears forever. *coughjesscough*

Zorua
July 14th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Considering that I have a fear of people, well...

Basically just being around only certain people. Others, whom I fully trust and all I have no fear of whatsoever. So yeah. :[

Forever
July 15th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Talking to guys, lol. Even in general. I've talked to girls most of my life, so yeah... males. XD;;

Bear
July 15th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Little children. ,_, They're out of control. Especially when they're hopped up on sugar which is ALWAYS.

Blue_Drifblim
July 15th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Whenever I make a post. Every time I type one I have to constantly ask myself
"Ok, is this what I really want to say? Am I sure? Really? Think of the childrenconsequences!"

I've gotten better, though.

Roundabout
July 15th, 2009, 01:43 PM
When I am inside an unfamiliar building and I have no idea where all the exits are, I am unarmed and surrounded by a lot of people that could quite possibly kill me at any moment.