PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry ;;

s0nido
July 10th, 2009, 10:51 PM
There are times in life when we have to swallow our pride and apologise to the people we may have hurt. There are times in life where fighting will never solve anything and the only peaceful and lasting route to happiness is to apologise. But which of us here actually apologises sincerely? Do we just mumble "sorry" to a student just because the teacher forced us to, or do we actually apologise from the bottom of our hearts, only hoping for forgiveness?

I myself rarely apologise, but lately, I think that it would help to solve more of my conflicts. When I apologise, though, I really mean it and hope not to make that person angry again.

True Reign
July 10th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I only apologize when an adult makes me or when I win the fight and the other person says sorry (when someone says sorry to you, then you should say either 'Thanks' or 'I'm sorry as well' because it's polite to do so).

Archer
July 11th, 2009, 12:05 AM
I'm quick to apologise, most of the time. Unless it's a sibling.
I figure it's much better to avoid conflict and sort things out than to hold a grudge. That said, if I feel that I shouldn't, no-one stands a chance at making me say it.

Camisado
July 11th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I'm quick to apologise. It doesn't cost you anything.

One of my friends flat out refuses to apologise. He upset me the other day and I tried to get an apology from him - he said he never apologises and I should accept that =/

Gizamimi Pichu
July 11th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I tend to be quick to apologize as well, even if I'm not at fault, which isn't always good, but then again I don't like conflict.

Sometimes you do have to swallow your pride to apologize, but it makes you a better person for doing so.

i'm a bubble. pop me.
July 11th, 2009, 12:37 AM
It's not that hard for me to apologise. but it also depends on a person i'm apologising too... but yeah, if i am apolgizing it is sincerely. if you aren't sincere, i think there's no point really...

>Feelings<
July 11th, 2009, 01:54 AM
I rarely apologise.
When I say sorry in a funny tone, it's usually to calm the other person down, even if I didn't really feel sorry.

One thing about me is, if I feel that I was correct with what I've done, then I never apologise, not even to calm the situation.
I only apoligise in these situations when I feel I did something wrong after all. The tone of this sorry is a soft, slow tone.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
July 11th, 2009, 01:59 AM
I always apologize -to close people only. You never know when something is going to happen. What if you never get the chance to say sorry or if they never get the chance to hear it. That would be on your eternal conscience forever. That's why, with outsiders I tend to act good, but with close people I just say sorry....

Man, this thread is so depressing...:(

Greene1516
July 11th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I only apologize when it really is necessary and I won't be afraid to tell someone if I think they are overreacting.

.Ozymandias
July 11th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I will apologise, but I definately don't enjoy it. I'll do it properly, just to get it done quickly.

Miss Soupy
July 11th, 2009, 08:29 AM
How fast I'll muck up the courage to apologize generally depends on the person or why we were fighting. If they've said something especially hurtful, I'll be the one expecting that apology. If I've said something hurtful, though, it only takes about ten minutes or so to drag an apology from me. o___o

abnegation
July 11th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I can admit when i'm wrong. If i'm wrong i'll say it but i won't necessarily apologise because i know people make mistakes, it's human nature. I wouldn't apologise for something that doesn't deserve an apology but just a correction. I think the words 'I'm sorry' are thrown about all too often in our day and age but as the numbers of us saying it increases the number of us meaning sadly decreases. Thats why i apologise when i mean it. Not as an easy way out of admitting i'm wrong. Now i may bump into someone on the street and say sorry out of habit or politeness but i'll admit i don't mean it most of the time. Unless i cause the person harm or if it was primarily my fault and basic stupidity.
I've done some stupid things in life that i can't apologise for, that can't be redeemed so all i can do i suck it up and take them as part of life's learning curve.
We should apologize less and give thanks more because there isn't a fair balance anymore. A false apology is almost as bad as a broken promise but an uneeded thank you is deemed as polite.

Alinthea
July 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Depending on the situation and if that person deserves a apology.

I will admit if I am wrong and I will say that is needed, but that isn't very often.

Ineffable~
July 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I am really bad at apologizing and at admitting I am wrong. Come to think of it, just about all of my social skills suck. ;_; I wish I could improve but it is hard.

derozio
July 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I always apologise sincerely. If I have done something wrong then its wrong. I have to admit it.(And I always do it ;))

Alexithymia~
July 11th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I rarely apologize, but when I do, I mean it.
That's how people know when I am really sorry.

FlyingSquirrel
July 11th, 2009, 09:13 AM
When i get someone angry i dont apologize right away.... I usually dont talk to that person for a week or so(i want them to cool down first) and then when no one is around i sincerely apologize to them....

OokamiShipper
July 11th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Usually, when I apologize, I mean it. I think xD
It could depend, because I can't stand apologizng to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Amachi
July 11th, 2009, 09:19 AM
There are times in life where fighting will never solve anything and the only peaceful and lasting route to happiness is to apologise.
I just can't agree with that line. If you apologise, you're only covering up the issue, and it will surely emerge once again, more heated than ever. If you're just going to apologise in the end to avoid conflict, why fight in the first place? Didn't you have faith in your stance, whatever it may be?

Anxiety.
July 11th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I don't mean sorry when I say it. Or I hardly do.
It's usually because I've been forced to say sorry, so I don't mean it. Most the time whatever it is just blows over, or we stop talking.

Avey
July 11th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I apologise when I think it's the right thing to do and when I mean it. I can't see why people force you to apologise, because if you don't mean it... there's no point to it.

Gold warehouse
July 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I never really do or say anything that would require me to apologise afterwards. Unless I do something wrong, accidentally hurt someone etc. in which case I am happy to apologise if I am at fault.

Saltare.
July 11th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I don't say sorry unless I'm told to or unless I feel I really need to.

Like one day, this girl went and said something about me and a boyfriend I had. So I go up to her and say "Well, at least my sister isn't knocked up at 15." and she goes and says something else(too inapropriate to post) and I go "Well, I won't be either. Cause I'm not a ****ty *****." So she goes and calls me a b*tch. I just smiled and walked away.

I didn't say sorry. I didn't have to. I didn't want to.

Guillermo
July 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I rarely have to apologise, but when I do I'll get it over and done with. Doesn't hurt anybody.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 11th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I don't say sorry to my family, the rest of the world i do, majorly. I'm quite the jerk and a- to my girlfriend as well so i seem to apologize a lot to her, she does to me to though. Something in common with the tons of other stuff we already have in common haha :P

.little monster
July 12th, 2009, 01:01 PM
It really depends on the situation. Let's say I got into a fight in school and after having my nose broken I broke the kids arm in two places and kicked him in the balls so hard he puked three times. Let's throw in that he called me a certain word that I will not repeat. After that, I was in the superintendents office for an expulsion hearing. They didn't think that after being assaulted and harassed, fighting back isn't self defense. That's mainly because what they did isn't discrimination or a hate crime where I live. They told me to say sorry, I refused. That idiot deserved it. I didn't get expelled. But I don't say sorry for things like that. Now if I bump into someone on the street or step on someone's foot, I will.

^That actually happened by the way. :|

dash!
July 12th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Whether or not I say sorry depends on if I acually feel sorry. If I do feel bad about something that happened, It'll pretty much be the first word out of my mouth. If I don't feel bad, I won't be saying sorry for any reason at all. I just about refuse to be forced into it xD

Rokusasu
July 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I hate being wrong, but if I understand that I've done something that's hurt someone else, then I'll apologise and do my best to make it up to them. I'm always the one who ends up having to say it, whenever my friends and I fall out though, even if I wasn't the instigator.

Amaruuk
July 12th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I'm like, the most apologetic person ever. If I do/say something wrong, I'll feel bad for it and apologize immediately, even if the other person doesn't feel it's necessary or wasn't even bothered. I have a rather guilty conscience. :/

And for the record, it's always sincere.

Stronkadonk
July 12th, 2009, 04:58 PM
At the most, I've apologized maybe 6 or 7 times in my life. I generally don't care when I do something that screws someone else over.

Sweet Smoochum
July 12th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I apologize even when it's the other person's fault. I mean it when I say "I'm sorry" though. As for people who aren't nice to me, I either tell them off or ignore them depending on what they said.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 14th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I apologize as soon as i committ the crime and been caught because its the polite thing to do =]

:t354:TG

Lucent
July 14th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I...apologize. A lot. Because of my low self-esteem. Even if it's something that doesn't hurt the person, but rather something not in need of an apology, I say "Sorry", just in case.

*sighs* There are other times when I cause something to ensue, and I usually apologize for that. And if it involves friend loss, I usually try to make some long explanation to get them to be friends with me again. I'm trying to change my ways. Really.

ShadowLeader
July 14th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Only if I feel as if I wronged the person. If I punch a male student in the arm while joking with him and he get's mad and tells the teacher, I would simply say "my bad" and brush it off. But if I randomly walked up and punched someone in the balls assuming it was a friend of mine and it turned out not to be, I would sincerely apologize and run before he asks for his hit-back.

Emily.
July 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I more or less apologise all of the time, for whichever reason. It could be next to anything, but I'll still apologise. It may appear like I'm just being flippiant in apologising regularly, but it's just something I have always done. Not to mention, I always mean it when I apologise. I know that I don't appreciate recieving fake apologies, or anything along those lines. And if I'm not sorry for something, I won't apologise.

My prime example of my apologising, is that I apologise to my pair, all of the time,.. and he always wonders why I do so. XD; Or, he tells me off for it, haha.

But, like I've said, it's just something I do. I tend to blame most things on myself, even if it's something that barely matters, I'll apologise. I must just have a guilty conscience, but I don't know really. I just like people around me to be happy, I prefer a calm atmosphere, which is probably why I apologise a lot. Again, repeating myself, I don't know for definite.

piece of something
July 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM
i don't have a problem apologizing or admitting my mistakes...i don't see any shame in learning...maybe it's coz i don't have enough pride? *shrugs*

Eggie Poo Poo
July 15th, 2009, 08:28 PM
To guys it can be hard at times, because with guys its different. With a girl I always always do, because I don't wanna break their little hearts XD

ChronicEdge
July 15th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I apologize if I mean it. I only hope that I can realize when I should.

That being said, I do not apologize for jokes taken too personally *coughcoughDCCcough.*

Citrinin
July 15th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I apologise when I have genuinely made a mistake, whether big or small. But I refuse to apologise when I sincerely believe that I was in the right.

Razer302
July 16th, 2009, 03:36 AM
I don't say sorry often. The only time I will is if I know I am wrong. But if it is over someting where someone thinks I have been out of order for saying something it is very rare for me to say sorry as I know I don't say something unless I actually think a person is being out of order or something like that.