PDA

View Full Version : Do you Skype/use your account?

Mariah Carey
July 12th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Simple. Do you have a Skype account and if you do, do you you use it?

Yes. And even though I got it yesterday, I'm addicted to it. :[

Sublime
July 12th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Every day.
Skype has made me feel closer to so many people on here. I'm so glad our little group found it o3o

Gerri Shin
July 12th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I use it when I have the time and it isn't quiet hours.

Eon-Rider
July 12th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I have it but I only sign on maybe once a fortnight.

Gummy
July 12th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I go on Skype everyday and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. The guys on Skype talk to me more often than my real life friends and to be honest, I'm starting to think of them as just more than online friends. I wouldn't go as far to call them real life friends, but all our friendships have become stronger thanks to this one program. So to all those who seem to hate Skype, you don't know what you're missing.

wee187
July 12th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I use it nearly every day to talk to certain people. All my friends are scattered around different things(MSN, YIM, AIM, Skype) so I tend to go around all 4. I prefer MSN over Skype, but Skype is definitely second best IMHO.

.Seth
July 12th, 2009, 08:58 PM
No I don't have a skype account. I might get it if I ever get a decent webcam and headset in the near future. "MOM! TAKE ME OUT TO BEST BUY NAO!"

Hiidoran
July 12th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Ever since that MSN conversation where the suggestion of getting Skype was mentioned, I've been hooked. I try to find a nice balance between it and MSN due to some of my friends having a strange distaste for the program, but I just love it overall.

Like Limey said, it brings everyone closer together. There were a few casual acquaintances I had on MSN that have become my best friends. It doesn't seem like voice-chatting would be too different, but it brings... personality to the conversations.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 12th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I have a Skype account, but I don't currently have Skype downloaded. I have MySpaceIM with Skype, but I don't know how to/if I can sign in with my regular Skype account.

Anyway, I don't use it often. I used to use it to talk to Jess, a few times, but my sound card[s] don't like mics most of the time, and I can't get it setup, or she would have problems with hers, so we just sorta gave up and talked on the regular phone, and I don't have any other friends who want to talk to me.

I prefer typing, anyways. You can listen to music while you type. :D

Camisado
July 12th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I sign in whenever I remember to. I should go on there more but it's hard for me to find time when I can speak xD; due to my general use of my laptop in the midst of other people.

Lover's Kite
July 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Yes! Everyday, since the day I got it. :3
It's fun torturing all the participants with suggestive pictures.

Ayano Katagiri
July 12th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I have one, but I haven't used it for ages. Though there aren't many people I have listed on there anyway.

Ooka
July 12th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I used it back when I worked online, not anymore though.

Signomi
July 13th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Like Limey said, it brings everyone closer together. There were a few casual acquaintances I had on MSN that have become my best friends. It doesn't seem like voice-chatting would be too different, but it brings... personality to the conversations.

^ this.

Skype has helped bring me a lot closer with my friends and that's something I'm actually really thankful for. We all talk amongst ourselves as if we were altogether in the same room, and it's great to connect with your friends like that; even to the point you can show off your personality a lot better without having to hide behind text. Text are just pixels and words you hide behind and it can be difficult conveying emotions that way.

I know several friends who have been rather self conscious about their voices in the past but now they've been able to let loose and feel more unconstrained in a group where nobody's likely to judge. I feel as though MSN conversations, although formidable, don't share the same sort of quality if we were all talking in a regular group conversation. Feels a lot better on Skype, in my opinion.

Judging by this post, you can gather that I do have Skype. Yes, I go on it everyday too. I balance it and MSN quite a lot.

Fox♠
July 13th, 2009, 02:27 AM
I have like 2 Skype accounts I think. Nick made me get one on my PC which I've used maybe once, and I have one on my PSP too.

My mic is broken so I just don't see the point of using it if I'm just gonna type.

Captain Fabio
July 13th, 2009, 02:39 AM
I have one.
But I only talk to one of my friends back home every so often to catch up.

Avey
July 13th, 2009, 03:40 AM
I have one but know one wants to add me.

:(

.little monster
July 13th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I use it, I just use it as a normal IM client though, I don't use my (not working) webcam and (three dollar Chinese) microphone.

daigonite
July 13th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I'm usually on Skype. I'm on like all day, lawlz.

wakachamo
July 13th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I have Skype, but I tend to scare everybody off because I have the most awesome voice that you could ever possibly imagine.

Which is why I tend to stay quiet in group calls, so that people don't frantically run off screaming their lungs off as much.

Pazuzu
July 13th, 2009, 08:02 AM
You mean your bawking and skrawking? ;<

I have an account, but I never use it because I don't think it's that awesome. </rebel>

Ziraider
July 13th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I used to get on mine all the time back when it was FREE. Yes Skype was free at one point and kicked butt. I loved it i could call anyone and anywhere, its a very good program. But when they started to charge, I left. Now, I never use it.

wakachamo
July 13th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I used to get on mine all the time back when it was FREE. Yes Skype was free at one point and kicked butt. I loved it i could call anyone and anywhere, its a very good program. But when they started to charge, I left. Now, I never use it.

Skype is still free if you're trying to call another Skype user.

They only charge you if you call regular phone numbers.
Besides, I don't get your complaining, because 90% of Skype's rates are absurdly cheap compared to what's available.

Sora
July 13th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I have one, but I only get on it when someone asks me to get on it so we can chat. D: Maybe I should get on it more often and see if I eventually use it more often.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 17th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I never signed up for it, and I dont know what its about, is it like AIM or something?

:t354:TG