PDA

View Full Version : Is This Happening To Anybody Else?

TRIFORCE89
September 30th, 2004, 03:20 PM
A couple of features don't seem to be working for me. The tag buttons are one thing (but that isn't a big deal since I remember most of them anyway) and adding to someone's reputation. I click on these, but nothing happens.

I think it started when I installed Norton Internet Security 2004.

AdamHays
September 30th, 2004, 03:21 PM
no this has not happend to me before. *Knocks on wood*

aRedMoon
September 30th, 2004, 04:23 PM
It's most likely Norton, it likes to block stuff that it shouldn't. =3

Simon
September 30th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I just installed Norton Systemworks 2004 last week and it hasn't affected how the stuff on PC works at all. So I don't think it's Norton...try configuring your settings for Norton?

TRIFORCE89
September 30th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I said Internet Security not System Works. I've tried configuring it as best I could. I can't seem to find all the configurable options as easily as I did with the 2002 version.

Kairi
October 3rd, 2004, 08:12 AM
Symantec wants to sanitize your internet experience! Be glad it blocks these potentially dangerous “features”. Who knows what kinds of things could get in your computer with a drop down menu!? Let us at Symantec hold your hand; it’ll be all right.

or

NIS blocks everything, it's evil and definately the cause.

TRIFORCE89
October 7th, 2004, 12:06 PM
I can only imagine what's hidden within drop down menu all over the internet. It's a scary thought.

EDIT: Hmm...I've tried disabling Norton (why that never occured to me before I'll never know) and the option still doesn't work. @_@

Kairi
October 7th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Reputation, tag buttons or both?

elite13kid
October 7th, 2004, 12:29 PM
i think it may be that norton thing....usually things like that block things off...=1

TRIFORCE89
October 7th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Reputation, tag buttons or both?
Gah...both. Very interesting... if it helps.... I'm using Avant Browser (Internet Explorer). Should I test this in a different browser. Right now my other choice is MSN Explorer (which is blah!), so maybe I'll try it in some different browser later.

Brittany
October 7th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Well I have Norton Internet Security 2005 and Systemworks 2005, and I don't have any of those problems... Might be different for 2004 though...