PDA

View Full Version : Two radio stations at once?

Lash
July 14th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Don't know if problems involving my radio count as technology, but what the hell it's worth the try.

Alright, I'm listening to my radio, digital tuner. That means no dial, so there's no way I'm stuck in between two radio stations. Just thought I'd clear that up.
Anyways, I have it tuned to my current favorite radio station, but the problem is, I'm hearing both them and some other station I don't know all at once. There's also a sound of static to it, so its damn near impossible to enjoy whatever hard rock plays on the preferred radio station.

Once again, I don't know if this counts as a technological problem or not. Still, anyone got a solution to this?

After all, I like turning the volume up when I hear Sound of Madness - Shinedown play without the sound of static and other radio stations ;_;

Mitchman
July 14th, 2009, 06:27 AM
If its digital couldn't you technically type in or use an accurate way of getting the perfect station?

Lash
July 14th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Actually, sort of like a digital watch: Up and down buttons to choose w/e time it is, numbers goin' one by one. The same function is used to go through each possible radio station (with mine at least) possible, one by one. That's what I meant by digital.

So, it's set exactly on the radio station I want, but aforementioned problems occur.

Stronkadonk
July 14th, 2009, 07:07 AM
It's an error. Once, my mom was listening to the radio. It wasn't two separate stations, but just one station playing two songs simultaneously. Are you sure it wasn't just the same problem I have experienced?

Gerri Shin
July 14th, 2009, 07:25 AM
it appears that there might be the result of 2 stations inadvertently using the same channel. I'd say call up the station, if you can, and see if they have an alternate channel and let them know that someone is interfering on their channel. They should be able to either help you get to a new channel or they will call the FCC on the other station.

twocows
July 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
The tuner might be mis-calibrated or something; just because it's digital doesn't mean it's perfect. Does it do this on any other radios you own?

Lash
July 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
It's an error. Once, my mom was listening to the radio. It wasn't two separate stations, but just one station playing two songs simultaneously. Are you sure it wasn't just the same problem I have experienced?

Well, I was hearing two talk segments at once, where the radio station crew aimlessly talks around and whatev, and the voices I heard from the other radio station sounded nothing like the ones I recognize on KUPD. Then again, there was static in the way.

it appears that there might be the result of 2 stations inadvertently using the same channel. I'd say call up the station, if you can, and see if they have an alternate channel and let them know that someone is interfering on their channel. They should be able to either help you get to a new channel or they will call the FCC on the other station.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll call the radio station if the problem occurs again, but it isn't happening right now.
However, I did hear the name of the other station before I turned the radio off. 103.9, an alt rock radio station in my valley. KUPD is obviously another radio station where I live.

The tuner might be mis-calibrated or something; just because it's digital doesn't mean it's perfect. Does it do this on any other radios you own?

I wouldn't know; I haven't tried.