PDA

View Full Version : Misconceptions you had as a child?

Kanto_Johto
July 15th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Title says it all. What misconceptions did you have when you were younger than 13?

For about 4 years, there was an ongoing creak in my attic which scared the **** out of me. I must have been about 4 or 5. I was convinced that a hideous, 10 foot monster lived up there, and was constantly walking up and down the attic, planning my assasination.

.little monster
July 15th, 2009, 08:21 AM
xDD I love the way you worded that!

When I was little I believed that a tornado would hit my house very soon, literally the next day..So I watched the Weather Channel all day long..I lived in Maine..xD

wakachamo
July 15th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I was misconceived as a child.

Pyrax
July 15th, 2009, 08:28 AM
-That babies came from long-legged wading birds (Storks).
-That the bogeyman is real.
-That there was something living in my basement.

Mitchman
July 15th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Misconceptions eh? Well for me it had to be that the boiler room was a room where my parents tortured all the evil cheek pinching aunts.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 15th, 2009, 08:49 AM
If you committed any type of crime, you'll be Hanged or Guillotine for it

:t354:TG

Tater Tot
July 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
There was a Santa Claus, and he had superpowers.

Both beliefs were false. ;o;

.little monster
July 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I believed that we came from storks. D:

I believed in Santa. D:

I believe in the Easter Bunny. D:

I thought boys were supposed to love other boys. :P

Xairmo
July 15th, 2009, 11:57 AM
When I was 5 I told my mom I was a lesbian because I walk on the sidewalk. Pedestrian and lesbian sound surprisingly similar to a Kindergartener.

EmeraldSky
July 15th, 2009, 12:26 PM
When the Emergency Broadcast System first came on the TV, I thought the tone meant the TV was broken

sanny the hedgehog
July 15th, 2009, 12:36 PM
when the tornado siren rang we were all screwed!!

i was the best in the world at super smash bros. melee

and........ oh yeah! that we had smurfs living in our front yard!
lol!

Neko
July 15th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I had many misconceptions as a child. However, most I cannot list on here due to them either being innapropriate or too personal..

But I do have some I can share. I probably did some steryotyping (as a child, I was very naive, and still am), I'm not sure on that one though. I also have the usual misconceptions; you know, the closet monster, the monsters in the dark, and, after Are You Afraid of The Dark, the monsters under my bed. :) I also had a tendency to despise everyone whom I didn't know, at least after 5th grade. Another thing is the misconception in which I thought nobody would ever love me and I would spend the rest of my life alone.

Rokusasu
July 15th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I had many, about Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and the likes. My favourite is this though:

I thought that if you stepped on someone's grave, the ground would open up and swallow you, even if you tripped and fell by accident.

Cue me being very fearful when walking through graveyards. D;

Anxiety.
July 15th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Many.

Santa, monsters under the bed, mosters in my closet (sounding oddly sexual to someone as perverted as me), all people in the world were good, death was fiction, gay means you like boys (even if you're a girl) and a lesbian is someone who likes girls (even if you're a guy).

TRIFORCE89
July 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM
There's numbers on the side of VHS packaging. I guess it's just like a product ID or something.

When I was really little I came to the conclusion that if I replace the last x numbers of my phone number with how ever many numbers there were in the VHS product ID that I would be able to dial and talk to characters from the movie.

This was attempted with the animated 101 Dalmations. Not sure what I was going to accomplish talking to a dog, but there you go.

Roundabout
July 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I believed that every human being had morals and that people were always nice to each other. How wrong I was.

Rokusasu
July 15th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I just remembered another one! XD

Whenever I was shopping with my mum, I thought that the lady who served us at the checkout lived in the store, because I saw her every time. D;

Stronkadonk
July 15th, 2009, 02:01 PM
1. Where babies came from.
2. What was cool.
3. What "attractive" was.

Nemaru
July 15th, 2009, 02:13 PM
One of the stupid misconceptions I've had was that up until a year ago I always thought a laptop was a labtop. Until I released it sits on top of your lap, and then logic hit me and I realized.

dc_united
July 15th, 2009, 03:57 PM
-That government did no wrong and was always right.

-That the last half-hour of the cartoon Where the Wild Things Are actuallu happened, with actual people. (Actually, some ******* just taped over the last half-hour with the last half-hour of Return of The Jedi)

-That pokemon were real, just very rare and hard to see. Me and my best friends would wander through the park, determined that there was a Pidgey in a nearby tree, and that we could somehow restrain it, capture it, and share it until we caught more.

-That by intense concentration, I could either use magic or the Force, as told to me by my older cousins. They were wrong:(

Citrinin
July 15th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Mainly that Santa and the Easter Bunny were real.

Then at six I realised the stupidity of them. XD;

Ash
July 15th, 2009, 07:04 PM
When I was really young, I thought that Santa was real. That was broke when I was five, though, and I saw my Dad eating 'Santa's' Cookies. D:

I also thought that Clouds were 'Clowns' for a while, because I misheard my dad when I asked him why the ground and such was getting dark and lighter.

Fallujah
July 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
For a while I though North & South Dakota didn't exist....

Sweet Smoochum
July 15th, 2009, 07:38 PM
When I was four, I thought cars told drivers where to go when they got lost.

My grandpa was driving and said "I'm lost." Then, I saw a green arrow flashing in the car, he turned in that direction, and then he said "oh, now I know where I am."

(I thought the car told him where to go. Later, I found out that drivers put the signals on to tell other driver's where they are going.)

The cashier at Quick Chek told me (when I was like 4) that I'm a "pretty little girl" and asked me what my name was. I told her that my name was Wilma. (Because I thought everyone knew what I knew. I was Wilma, I called my grandpa Fred, my grandma, Betty, my uncle, Barney, my mom's other brother, Dino, my aunt Kris Barbie, because there weren't anymore characters.) The cashier gave a dirty look to my mom because she actually thought that my mom named me Wilma. lol Then my mom said "come on, Ashley, let's go."

Another misconception I had as a kid was that everybody of all ages watched Barney and only when you're in first grade, you can ride in a wagon. I also believed that people thought it was bad thing for a girl to like boys. I've secretly (and later on publicly) liked boys since forever, but couldn't let my friends know, because they'd make fun of me and say that I have cooties. I knew it was okay to like boys once I was in middle school, because that's when people started dating. Also, I used to think that if a girl talked to a boy, then that means everyone thought that they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

Shedinja8
July 15th, 2009, 10:16 PM
First (and biggest...), girls were icky. After 12 years, that was LONG gone...

Second, there was a evil, kid-eating ghost in our basement. To this day, I have no real amusment to my fathers stories...

Third and final, some sharks swim in swimming pool. Once again, I dislike my father sometimes...

God
July 15th, 2009, 10:24 PM
That sex was marriage. XD

xxemeneminyxx
July 17th, 2009, 01:26 PM
There was a toy that used to be hung up in the corner of my bedroom, it was a witch, I called it witchy-pooh. It was a two sided toy, the other side was a prince. At night when I went to go to sleep I could see her looking at me, leering, plotting against me, she was going to cast a spell or something I used to get so scared and my dad had to come in and change the toy to the side of the prince. Ah memories.
There is a film called Darby O'Gill and the little people, its an old film we used to watch around xmas time usually but it had a banshee in it and I really honestly believed that there were banshees in real life and if I heard the scream I was going to die....

XxDawnfanxX
July 17th, 2009, 01:29 PM
That sex was marriage. XD

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this one haha, thats really funny.

Me and my cousin who I am very close to and is around the same age as me, both believed there was an invisible shark in the deep end of my pool so we always stayed by the ladder. It was pretty funny.

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
July 17th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I would always think aliens would land in font of my house and steal me away at night.

i was scared, and thought if I didn't hide under the covers, they would get me.

I never believed in santa. or the toothfairy for that matter. maybe for a few years, but I was always curious and stayed up all night waiting for them to come.

Switchback
July 17th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Wow, seems a few people were scared of monsters and such. I was never scared of any monsters or of the dark when I was a child. I used to believe the captain's log spoke of in cartoons was an actual log that they wrote on however.

Oh yes, and that I could be Spider-man, which I attempted by tying skipping ropes to two chairs across the room and trying to zip-line across it. Needless to say, it didn't go very well... Rather badly in fact.

.MurkyBurning.
July 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM
-the tooth farie would leave me a bunch of cash if i pulled out all my teeth ^^

BeachBoy
July 18th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I could've sworn those raptors in Jurassic Park were real, so I believed for a while they were out there, waiting, people just hadn't seen 'em. 8(

>Feelings<
July 18th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Until I reached the age of seven, I used to believe that having sex was seen as an unacceptable act by everyone except me, and that people who did so kept it a secret from the rest of the world because otherwise they would be considered sinful and would be instantly sentenced to death.

Yamikarasu
July 18th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I remember thinking Greenland was Germany and vice versa. Mainly because Greenland looks huge on most maps and that I thought a country that nearly took over the world in WWII would have to be really big like that.

icomeanon6
July 18th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I must have been ten years old when I accepted the fact that girls don't have penises. Prior to that, it just seemed like a totally bizarre and disturbing concept.

Graceful
July 18th, 2009, 08:41 AM
-Mars Bars came from Mars
-Easter bunny/Tooth Fairy/Santa was real
-Teachers lived in the school
-I didn't know where Japan was.......or what Japan was

OokamiShipper
July 18th, 2009, 10:19 AM
That shots made me sick.

Well, in a sense, it's kinda true...something about the vaccine...

And Santa-san. Eheh.

Kazukii
July 18th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Thinking England was Ingland & thinking teachers lived at school xD

Serene Grace
July 18th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I used to think superpowers and superheroes were real. I used to think of what I could do to get one and how cool it would have been. TV is very misleading.

Also, I wanted Hogwarts to be real. I really loved the Harry Potter series. In fact, I loved it so much, I waited for my letter to Hogwarts when I was 11.

Metatron
July 18th, 2009, 11:14 AM
My parents raised me Catholic. lol.

.Ozymandias
July 18th, 2009, 11:22 AM
That parent's (and adults in general) were always unhappy because of taxes, which would amass in ranks to drive you places.

Pokehead
July 19th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Love was real, seriously, I used to think that XD

Santa Claus, of course.

Ghost lived in the bottom floor of a house I used to live in.

Alien in the closet.

Shem
July 19th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I used to think that when you bought stuff, stores gave you money, I figured that out by seeing the cashier give my mom her change XD

I used to think jackalopes were real.

I used to think that the AI in games were controlled by other people who were playing the game using that specific character elsewhere in the country.

I used to think people's shadows were alive and were simply copying our movements.

That it snowed everywhere in the winter.

I know there's more, i just can't think of them.

0m3GA ARS3NAL
July 19th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I always thought that there were monsters living in the crawlpace f my old house.
There wasn't, but man, being a little kid was scary stuff, lol.

Pokehead
July 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I used to think that when you bought stuff, stores gave you money, I figured that out by seeing the cashier give my mom her change XD

I used to think that the AI in games were controlled by other people who were playing the game using that specific character elsewhere in the country.

I used to think those two things too, glad to see I'm not alone :D

AND THEY WHERE CONTROLLED BY OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!! A.I. IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChronicEdge
July 19th, 2009, 09:39 PM
My grandfather had such a farmer's tan that I didn't know if he was white or black until I was eight years old, and I lived with the guy.

My parents raised me Catholic. lol.

Brilliant.

Ayselipera
July 19th, 2009, 10:11 PM
This is not your usual child misconception, but I used to think when the credits rolled after a movie it was all the words in the movie for people who could't hear. The only thing that confused me was that the first word was always CAST which I misread for Cats. So everytime a movie began I would listen really hard for the word Cats. Yeah.

Sweet Smoochum
July 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM
This was when I first played Gold version. I thought the trainer (named Kyle) in Violet City (who had an Onix named Rocky that wanted to trade for a Bellsprout), was actually my friend, Kyle, who lived a few blocks over and went on my bus. I thought he was playing the game, too, and somehow my game hooked up to his. I thought I had actually traded with him. I never told him thank you for the Onix, though. It was a good thing I didn't, because he'd be confused and say that he didn't give me that Onix. lol

Some other Misconceptions:

Misty would be returning to the anime as a character in Hoenn seeing as how Brock did. Proven Wrong.

I never believed that certain characters were real. (Thank Rugrats for that. They had an episode where some guy removed the head off his costume. It was just a regular guy dressed up. I knew when I went to Disney for the first time that they were just regular people dressed up as those characters. So not fun, right?)

I never believed in Santa Clause. In Kindergarten, I told everyone that Santa wasn't real. Then in first grade, I played along and pretended to believe in Santa and then a kid said "he's not real." The kid was mean about it, too. My mom taught me that Santa wasn't real. My grandparents tried to make me believe in Santa. (My grandpa always dresses up as Santa Clause at Christmas time.)

Neutrino
July 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I have something evry embarrassing to confess. It may be deemed inappropriate, but I still want to say it. When I was younger, on TV, when a woman was pregnant, I heard them say 'it was an accident'. Until Sex-Ed in year 6, I used to think that woman could get pregnant just by touching... O_o

Boy was I suprised......

Xebelleon
July 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Used to think if I took too long poopin' that a sewer eel would swim up and bite me in the naughty bits. Then a few years later, I learned that was hilarious.

Used to think homeless people ate stuff to smell so bad.
Then I learned of booze and mouthwash (on sale).

Used to think sea gulls were graceful flyers until feeding them in a parking lot, one landed so fast it ripped BOTH of its feet off on the pavement. Gross. Especially when the other sea gulls started to cannibalize it...

Dawg 2005
July 28th, 2009, 04:51 PM
When I was 5 I told my mom I was a lesbian because I walk on the sidewalk. Pedestrian and lesbian sound surprisingly similar to a Kindergartener.

LOL now THAT'S funny.

I used to believe that this one stamp I had would glow like a spotlight when I was asleep, and would stop glowing when I would try to catch it. D:

Sweet Smoochum
July 28th, 2009, 06:51 PM
A scary misconception. That if I didn't go to sleep, a "bad man" would break into the house. That had me asleep by 7pm.

Bagel
July 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM
When i was like 5, some older kids told me and my friends that if you kissed a boy you would get pregnant, at the time i didnt understand pregnancie, i just thought it was bad. so for like 3 years i was afriad of boys, untill i had health class.@_@

Also when i was 5 i believed in the tooth fairy and santa claus. i stopped believing in santa claus when i was 6 and i went into the living room cause i coudent sleep,(christmass eve) and saw my parents wrapping my presents.
i stopped believing in the tooth fairy when the tooth fairy woke me up reaching her hand under my pillow. instantly knew it was my parents.

and still to this day im afraid of the dark. sigh, i dont think im going to get over that fear anytime soon.

Aljam
July 30th, 2009, 01:23 AM
I thought the world was full of peace and love, but later found out that it wasn't. The tooth fairy. santa claus i sorta knew (played along to get more gifts)

teababe27
August 4th, 2009, 04:08 PM
When I was younger, I believed the signs on highways that said "Commercial Vehicles Only" meant that only cars shownon TV commercials could drive on those roads.

Gymnotide
August 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM
The only misconception I have had as a child was that this thread was called "Miscarriages you had as a child."

Tamaki
August 5th, 2009, 12:03 PM

XDDD

When I was about 5 I saw one of those metal electric towers, and I thought it was the Eiffel Tower. For about 6 months I thought I lived in France...

02linclse
August 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
i thought babies were removed out of the stomach with a scalpel

Vigilante
August 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM
As as child I had many misconceptions, but who was I know to that what I was told was lies?

Like Santa and all of them magical gift giving deities.
That people always had good intentions even if they were going about it the wrong way .
That parents were always supposed to get along and stay with eachother forever... well, I figured that out the hard way.
Plus many more that I couldn't/wouldn't post here.

Loki
August 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I used to think this giant random rock in the middle of nowhere on the road from Tucson to Phoenix AZ was fossilized dinosaur poop.
I'm pretty sure I believed it from when I was 7 all the way to when I was 9.

And then I realized when I was 11- Dinosaur poop would've decomposed by now.

[/scuttles out of thread]

Jolene
August 5th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I was pretty logical when I was a kid so I didn't ever believe in Santa or the Tooth Fairy or anything like that. However, I used to think that if my parents knew that I knew, then they wouldn't buy presents for me any more. Of course, they probably knew that I knew.

Sakura Rain
August 5th, 2009, 03:11 PM
When I was a kid, I thought that everyone got along with each other and nobody ever died. This was proven false. I also thought that Tennessee was the whole world. This was also PROVEN FALSE. Though TN is very pretty...

Gymnotide
August 5th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I used to think this giant random rock in the middle of nowhere on the road from Tucson to Phoenix AZ was fossilized dinosaur poop.
I'm pretty sure I believed it from when I was 7 all the way to when I was 9.

And then I realized when I was 11- Dinosaur poop would've decomposed by now.

[/scuttles out of thread]

Well, eh fossilized poop wouldn't decompose.

Jirachu
August 5th, 2009, 06:57 PM
A scary misconception. That if I didn't go to sleep, a "bad man" would break into the house. That had me asleep by 7pm.

...ME TOO. o_0;; I believed in something like that, too...cept the man carried a dark green GARBAGE BAG, and, put u in it and was going to kill you. o_o; And that's what happoned if you stayed up pased midnight...lol

I was about 8 and I DREAMT about him and then thought he was real somehow (even tho the dream was like...SOO cartoon-y lol oh well *shrugs*) XD For awile, after that, I tried to be in bed by like....8 for awile lol

I also believed in Santa, The Tooth Fairy, and, i'm not soo sure I believed in the Easter Bunny...somehow, he seemed kinda fake to me. o_0; Even though, one would wonder how kids always got soo much CANDY...lol...but then again i wasnt really INTO candy as a kid, anyways...soo i ignored it.

I used to also believe that there was this tall, dark haired woman called 'Grizelda' that roamed around in the Produce Department in Super Stop'N'Shop....and, if I walked too close to her, she would kill me. I also believed that if you looked a teenaged boy IN THE EYES....something reaaaaally bad would happon to you. 0_o; Soo, sometimes, i would just look down at my feet when teenaged boys came by...I also used to believe they (and, kinda, boys older than me IN GENNERAL...) were bullies.

Heh...in some ways, I can't blame myself for feeling that way now (espesally due to how i hear jock-type guys feel about...'cute' things.....it's really scary when u think about it DDDD,: and im not even a kid anymore...but really, yea)

Trust me, though...I had some even STRANGER conceptions.....and, nowdays, I still do question some things. Yea...lol I'm kinda telling the truth though. :/

Michii
August 5th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I used to think that the "olden days" from 1959 downwards was really in black and white. I thought the sixties and seventies were like, desaturated color. The eighties and up were in color :]. But even now, I think of the past in desaturated color. Everything from the eighties down is either partially desaturated or fully.

I also used to think that pancakes were called patty cakes and coinsidence was coinkedink. :3

BowtiePenguin
August 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I used to think that babies came out of belly buttons, so I'd measure mine to be sure.

I never believed in Santas though... In fact, when I was three, I convinced my cousins to hide under the kitchen table with me, to catch our parents in the "santa" act, because I was tired of them going on and on about him... :S That was mean.

Jubilation
August 5th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I have a brother named Simon & when I was about three years old, I used to spell his name S1mon, oh the good old times...

Hyper Chibi Absol
August 7th, 2009, 09:58 AM
-Santa
-That ghosts haunted my house
-Thought sex was illegal no matter how old you were (Got the talk from my mom when I was 10)
- When my class mates at grade school said, 'Pokemon is gay' I thought they ment 'gay' as in 'happy'.

- When I got my first period at age 10, I thought I hurt myself someway when I went to the bathroom but I felt no pain.

- I thought shriveled up worms on the sidewalk turned into twigs. (o-O)

-When my great grandma died, when I saw her in the coffin for some reason, I felt like she'd jump out as a zombie.

*shrugs* No idea why.

Suki
August 7th, 2009, 10:22 AM
HAHA, when I saw the channel Granada (ITV, I believe) in the television guide, I used to always think it was specifically for Grandads lmao!

Azonic
August 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I thought the tooth fairy was real. I thought it was the one giving me the money every time I lost a tooth. I also thought it was a girl, but then I saw this TV show, and ... well... ;w;

I believed in santa, and reindeerses and Ms. Claus and elves and stuff... all the way until Santa wrote me a letter that misspelled his name. =(

I believed in the easter bunny, but I thought that it didn't like me because I never found eggs around the lawn.

Oh oh oh... I thought Pokemon were real so I used to talk to my Pichu plushie.

I often thought Michael Jordan was the singer and Michael Jackson was the basketball player...

I also thought having sex was illegal because my mom kind of sucks at explaining things properly.

I always thought ghosts haunted my house. Whenever my house makes those noises on their own I thought it was trying to communicate lol.

I used to believe in those annoying chain letters... usually on YouTube but yeah. I did not want to be killed in two days by a little boy named Luigi. ;w;

I used to think that every semi-transparent rock I found on the ground and the lawn was a very expensive museum worthy diamond. :0

Once I found this really large and round rock and I thought it was a dinosaur egg so I began keeping it warm by... sitting... on it. o3o............... don't laugh

When I was really little I used to hold the water fountain down for most of the recess time, hoping that I would raise the school water bill and eventually shut the school down. XD

I thought barney was a bear. And I thought it was a real one too.
Yield to lesbians.

Napalm
August 7th, 2009, 09:18 PM
When I was about 7 or 8, I slept upstairs. Every now and then if I woke up at around 4-6am, I kept hearing things for some reason, I believed there was a monster/grizzly bear that was hanging around downstairs, when I remember that later on when I was 13, I felt very stupid.

ReddishDegree
August 19th, 2009, 11:36 PM
i had a few like Santa and the Easter bunny and that the Easter bunny would slit throat if didnt go to bed before he came (found that from a few teens messin with a 6 yr =()

and my favorite is when i herd Egyptians would pull brains out from noses and from that i thought my brain was in my nose ---dont laugh---

Feign
August 19th, 2009, 11:45 PM
One of the one's I can remember best was when I believe I was in grade one or two. I had thought that the recent earthquake in California (that I guess I watched on TV), was more in a literal sense, where a chunk of the Earth would fall off as a result, and be lost forever in space.

Hamako-chan
August 20th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I once believed that I saw Santa Claus fly past me house xD
And it was in the morning.

jigglypuff_96
August 24th, 2009, 08:06 PM
-when I was 3 and my brother was due soon my mom told me God puts babies into peoples belly's.

-Once when I was 3 I dropped a rasin beside my bed and my mom said ants will come and eat me while I sleep. That night I had a dream that my mom walked in my room and I was a skeleton on my bed. That affected me for over year because I left a posical stick once in my brothers room and I thought he would get eaten.

-when I was 6 I watched mystury hunters for the first time and thought aliens were real and that I was alway being watched I was scared until I was 8, but now I still belive in them

- After watching Jurassic park when I was 5 I thought a t-rex was going to come in my room and eat me so I head under my covers with my teddy and said "You'll protect me"

-My name was Sakura and I would be a cardcaptor when I grow up. My mom also said I was scared of kero

poopnoodle
August 25th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I called "volume" "valium." o.o

txteclipse
August 25th, 2009, 02:01 AM
I thought that if I ate this particular ball bearing I would be able to breath fire. Luckily I was never able to swallow it. I also always worried that a monster was hiding in the vents in my ceiling...that led to some long nights.

There's probably more, but I can't remember them now.

fango pango
August 25th, 2009, 04:14 AM
i watched harry potter and the chamber of secrets when i was like 5
id have nightmares about how the basilisk qould come into my room and eat me O_O

GFA
December 1st, 2009, 07:03 PM
... Santa Claus, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Peace. Yeah, I was gullible

Path
December 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
When I was five, I thought adultery was sexual intercourse. Consequently, I was also positive that having sex was against the ten commandments and I'd go to hell if I ever had it.
I thought Indiana and India were the same thing.

Season
December 1st, 2009, 09:24 PM
I thought there were people who were paid to work in the tv. When you changed the channel they would quickly swap out the scenery and change characters. I also thought the actors really died like their characters did. I assumed if you were an actor you would have to die in real life if your character died in the movie.

I also thought the world was black and white until the 50's. That was around the time they invented colors. :3

Oh yeah, my dad convinced me he had a childhood friend named Charlie and that he haunted our house. It was okay though because he was friendly.
He had me talking to the air, completely convinced there was a ghost named Charlie talking back to me. What a dick. :I

.Seth
December 1st, 2009, 09:34 PM
Like a lot of other kids (Well, I assume. o_o), I believe that I came from my mom's stomach, not necessarily her womanly parts.

Z34guy
December 1st, 2009, 11:01 PM
Not really, but I have misguided people on purpose. Like when my 7 year old nephew (now 12) asked me where babies came from, I had to have fun with him. I told him he was a cereal box prize. He then went to his mother (my sister) and asked "Mommy, Did I come from a cereal box?". She looked over quickly and saw me pretty much dying of laughter and played along. He believed that for a year before he found out the truth.

Nemaru
December 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
i had a lot of misconceptions as a child. o.o;

I always thought Laptop was actually spelled and pronounced labtop until I was 10.
I didn't know February had the "r" between b and u and thought it was Febuary until 2 years ago (xD)

There's some more that I don't remember off the top of my head, but i remember saying "ohhh! I always thought that (insert true fact here) was called (insert stupid misconception here.) " Like a million times. Dx

Comrade Nikita Ivanova
December 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Well, I know when I was younger I didn't understand the whole concept of the Soviet Union, I thought it was just Russia under a different name. I still can't believe I thought that, but I guess I was just young and stupid back then.

I also used to think that it was impossible to stand on a slanted roof without falling off, that it was illegal to wash money, and that cosmonauts were a type of hairdresser.

Chibi-chan
December 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Sorry guys, but this thread is really old >x<

If you want to continue, just make another thread.