PDA

View Full Version : Topsy Turvy

Jweeson
July 15th, 2009, 07:32 PM
So a few girls from another town want to date me, and I don't really have any attraction to them. Why is it that all the girls that I want to date don't want to date me, but one I don't want to date want to date me? I like to call that kind of situation "Topsy Turvy."

Has this ever happened to you?

Spinor
July 15th, 2009, 07:46 PM
When I was younger when I did not have attraction to any girl. I feel like such an idiot today for not accepting those others.

Sweet Smoochum
July 15th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I don't even know whether or not any guys I liked knew I liked them. I kept my crushes a secret, because I didn't trust anyone in school. Once, I said which guy I liked, and then all of a sudden, all the girls began flirting with him. They didn't even like him until I said I think he's "cute." I obviously didn't have a shot. I don't care anymore. Because the guys I went to school with were all stuck up and have no respect for girls. I don't want to be around that. I deserve respect.

Dating is so complicated. I've seen the topsy turvy thing happen before. That's why I don't ask guys out. I'm afraid of getting rejected.

Amaruuk
July 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Why is it that all the girls that I want to date don't want to date me, but one I don't want to date want to date me?
This is the current stage of my life in a nutshell, except replace 'girls' with 'guys'. Drives me batty, but there isn't much I can do except try as hard as I can to focus my energy elsewhere until I find someone who'll have the same feelings I do. At this point it's only getting further and further from seeming possible.

The only people aside from once-in-a-blue-moon random creepers that are even attracted to me are my 31-year-old college friend who has a wife and kid, and my best friend from high school who's bisexual.

On top of that, I don't want people to hit on me (even though they don't). I'd rather have guys comment on me as a person than my boobs or whatever. It just feels insincere, and I don't care what people think of my body. If they want to compliment me, it should be for something else.

I know it's selfish to feel this way, but there are times it can't be helped. :/

Anxiety.
July 16th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I don't really feel attractions to people anymore. So someone might like me, I doubt it, but they might.
I've liked people and they didn't like me back, I don't think they did anyway.

Saltare.
July 16th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Ugh...Story of my Life.

I hate when this happens and it happens to me A LOT.

Jweeson
July 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
This is the current stage of my life in a nutshell, except replace 'girls' with 'guys'. Drives me batty, but there isn't much I can do except try as hard as I can to focus my energy elsewhere until I find someone who'll have the same feelings I do. At this point it's only getting further and further from seeming possible.

The only people aside from once-in-a-blue-moon random creepers that are even attracted to me are my 31-year-old college friend who has a wife and kid, and my best friend from high school who's bisexual.

On top of that, I don't want people to hit on me (even though they don't). I'd rather have guys comment on me as a person than my boobs or whatever. It just feels insincere, and I don't care what people think of my body. If they want to compliment me, it should be for something else.

I know it's selfish to feel this way, but there are times it can't be helped. :/

I really don't care anymore, it's just that when a girl likes me it reminds me.

And the girl just happened to be the girl that my step-brother wants to date, so I had to say no... even if I did actually like her.

And I like compliments if they're like "You have nice eyes," or if it's like "You're really fun to be around," or something like that. But other than that, I don't get comments. >.>

Amaruuk
July 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I wasn't talking about whether or not you still cared, that statement just reflected what I'm going through.

Anyway, comments like the ones you mentioned are nice, but I don't get those, either. On the very rare occasion that I do get comments, it's about my boobs or some other sexual remark. :/

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
July 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Only once >.> It was very awkward because the girl in question was a little...er...well, there isn't a word to describe it that isn't offensive to someone in our politically correct society. Suffice to say that her favourite perfume was Air Wick.

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
July 16th, 2009, 02:57 PM
It's something everyone must face at least once,
I have also experienced it,
then I realized that attration does not matter.
I would rather be liked for who I am, and not what I look like.
If the guys I crush on are to stupid to realize, I deserve more,
and if they're not my type but like me, i tend to befriend.

Rokusasu
July 16th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I'm completely oblivious to whether or not a person likes me. :D I have to be told straight up, so I've never been aware of people wanting to date me when I've been wanting to date someone else. o_o;

Vigilante
July 16th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Erm, someone liked me.... like a lot. I was at a Halloween Party, and this girl got everyone to force me to dance with her ( i didn't, so they ALL slapped me) and then a little bit later she was running up and down the stairs saying that she loved me and that she would dream about me O_e

Misheard Whisper
July 16th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I liked someone once. I was eleven. Hehe. So naive . . . now, I don't give a peanut either way. I have never dated, and I have no intention to start.

Shem
July 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM
The only girl that ever made it obvious she liked me was fat, ugly, and mean XD what luck.

I don't give a rip about dating anymore.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 17th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I'm happliy with someone right now. But I think that the Topsy turvy thing happens to everyone at least once in their lives. But I don't ask the person out, they have to ask me out

:t354:TG

♣Gawain♣
July 17th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Many times. Many think I'm cool and want to befriend me, but I usually ignore them.

.little monster
July 18th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Yes it has, and I am gay. :\ So..it tends to happen a lot.

Neko
July 18th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Oh yes, it's happened a lot to me. Especially towards the end of middle school and beginning of high school. XD It's actually not a rare thing. It happens to everyone; you're not going to like everyone you know, and not everyone is going to like you. That's just the way the world works. We just have to wait it out until there is someone who likes us who we like too. :)

Yamikarasu
July 18th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Yes. This has happened at least once for me. One time a girl texted me, and I thought it was somebody else, and it turned out it was her friend that I didn't know hardly at all. That was... awkward.

Kura
July 18th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah it has happened.
I guess if it was meant to be, then the person you liked would like you back.

It'll happen sooner or later to everyone.

Right now I'm happy with my special someone :3