PDA

View Full Version : Are You In-The-Know?

Stronkadonk
July 15th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Uh... Fail title. Question is, do you read the newspaper/watch the news/check out news on the internet?

:3
July 15th, 2009, 07:43 PM
When something interesting happens, Im definitley watching :p

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 15th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Only when i see an interesting link on the web, or one of my youtube subscriptions talks about it. On TV i never watch news.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 15th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Nope. If it's really that important, I'll hear about it eventually. I'm not going to waste my time watching the news or reading the newspaper and look through all the stuff I don't care about.

You're Gonna Go Far Kid!
July 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Not on televison unless i'm eating in the kitchen and a family member has it on the TV adjacent to the kitchen.But my homepage (yahoo.com) informs me of major things.But some stuff i'll google cuz i'm very interested in it (Iran elections).

Amaruuk
July 15th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I don't get the newspaper or have cable to watch news on, but I use Yahoo mail, so when I check my mail, they also have current news blurbs. I click on them and read them occasionally if they seem interesting/important enough. If I'm in a public place that has TVs that are playing the news, I'll watch it, generally because it's the best thing they've got on, 'cause I ain't watchin' sports.

I've never been one to care about news as much as I should, and I used to not care at all. I wish there was more happy news. The way the media focuses so much on the negative just bugs me. :/

xxxLatiasxxx
July 15th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Sometimes I check news on the internet.

BeachBoy
July 15th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I am. *surfs news sites in the morning/when he's bored and follows Waka on Twitter* (he's my biggest news feed around)

X-626
July 15th, 2009, 09:10 PM
follows Waka on Twitter* (he's my biggest news feed around)That right there is probably the only news I see each day. He's always tweeting news feeds. XD

I used to keep up with the news, but I ended up stopping for some reason, and never started it back up.

Cassino
July 15th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I only pay attention to the particulars of belligerence.

Forever
July 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM
... Since monday I've been watching the news here but I don't normally. :[

Though I sometimes read the newspaper because like...-- that reminds me of an assignment meaning I have to read it >_>; Anyways, I uh, do occasionally.

Harley Quinn
July 15th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I usually rely on my parents spazzing over the latest breaking news to find out, but I watch/read the news occasionally.

Klippy
July 15th, 2009, 11:01 PM
At work, we have a website that broadcasts the latest news, so I always see it when I'm working on the net.

Citrinin
July 15th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Usually, yes. I like to know what's going on in the world. ^^

Ayano Katagiri
July 16th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I usually read the newspaper in the morning or while at school and watch the news from time to time.

Diglett
July 16th, 2009, 12:26 AM
If there's nothing on TV I'll turn it to CNN or Fox News to see if anything interesting is happening.

Vie
July 16th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Sure I do, I read the newspaper and watch the news. I want to know what happens in this worls. Though its crap, mostly. ._.

s0nido
July 16th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Ever heard the term "blissfully ignorant"? That's me ^__^
But I do watch the news if I want to know what's going on or when I'm bored.

Avey
July 16th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Sky and CNN are constantly open in my Firefox tabs, so yes. I like keeping up to date with the world.

Rokusasu
July 16th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Yahoo is my homepage, so yeah, whenever I come online I always check the news that interests me. :P

Tater Tot
July 16th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I watch the late night news, because it puts me to sleep. I suppose you could say I hear bits and pieces of listening to it. Usually I'm too drowsy to understand. :l

Anxiety.
July 16th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Occasionally, when I have nothing better to do, or when there are threads about certain things.
I don't watch it either way. I read it in the newspaper or on the internet.

Ayselipera
July 16th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Anderson Cooper 360 all day every day.

Aurafire
July 16th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I keep a realclearpolitics.com tab open so I can read up on some articles ;D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 16th, 2009, 11:56 AM
The only time I watch the news is if I accidentally change the channel to it, my parents force me to watch it or I have to do a report on something stupid on the news for school

:t354:TG

~ỆΠŦξЇ~
July 16th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I watch the news and read it on the internet