PDA

View Full Version : Homepage.

Anxiety.
July 16th, 2009, 06:57 AM
What's your homepage and why?

Mine's iGoogle. Having a search engine is useful, as soon as I get on the internet I can search for things.
All the other important sites, like Pokemon Community, are on the bar at the top of the screen.

Gerri Shin
July 16th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I use Macrumors as my home page, mainly because it's neat to see what's cooking in silicon valley.

Saltare.
July 16th, 2009, 07:10 AM
NASCAR.com

Cause my dad is too lazy to call his friend who WORKS for NASCAR and as him what's going on,

Mitchman
July 16th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Google.com
I had PC but father uses the comp as well.

Anxiety.
July 16th, 2009, 08:04 AM
If I had to choose a different one, it'd be PC for sure.

Saltare.
July 16th, 2009, 08:05 AM
It used to be MSN.

But when I had my own computer, my homepages were:

pokecommunity.com
clubpenguin.com
webkinz.com
yahoo.com
google.com

Melody
July 16th, 2009, 08:10 AM
http://10.10.64.17/
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=6956&tab=visitor_messaging
http://www.purplesurge.com/staff/index.php
http://www.pokecommunity.com/
http://zazie-lavender.livejournal.com/

Those are my current home pages, the first is my router config page, then I have two PC tabs, and two other sites.

HarrisonH
July 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
http://en-US.start3.mozilla.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

No real reason for me to change it.

LethalTexture
July 16th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Don't have one. i always save my tabs so there's no need for me to have one. if I have to be specific, then it's still the one you get when you install Firefox.

Cherrim
July 16th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I'm pretty sure I have mine set to be just a blank page. :O If not, it's Google.ca.

Most of the time, though, I hibernate my computer so my browser is left up "24/7". So I turn my computer back on and everything's exactly how I left it. If not, I've usually saved my previous tabs.

edit: Wait, lol now that I think about it, my homepage might be PC. Maybe. lol, shows how much I use it, right?

Avey
July 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Google, but it doesn't really matter because (like Lightning) I leave my laptop hibernating overnight so I return to whatever I was on.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Technically it's set to Opera Portal, since I never bothered to change it. It opens straight to speed dial. Yay Opera :D

Also, if anyone cares, IE is set to Yahoo and Firefox is set to Google.

machinegun777
July 16th, 2009, 10:13 AM
My homepage is none other than http://www.pokecommunity.com

Jorah
July 16th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Google, just because it's a really quick site to load. Not that I ever want to search when I first log on XD Also, if Google isn't working, I know that there's something wrong with my internet connection rather than the site.

You're Gonna Go Far Kid!
July 16th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Yahoo.com
Just for the quick news blurbs and the quick access to yahoo answers and my mail of course.

twocows
July 16th, 2009, 03:26 PM
It's this incredibly lightweight and fast-loading site called about:blank.

I actually don't like having a home page, which is why I use a blank page. I rarely end up using normal home page functionality anyway. I might make a list of links or something locally and use that, but right now I'm too busy to.

Citrinin
July 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Google.com

Obviously just for searching, because that's usually what I used to start my browsing experience with.

More and more, though, my browsing starts with this site. XD;

Vigilante
July 16th, 2009, 04:32 PM
A blank page, I never use the home page anyways, it takes longer to load..

Ayselipera
July 16th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I've had so many, but the lastest is comcast because my dad says it makes the computer run faster. I don't notice anything though...

twocows
July 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I've had so many, but the lastest is comcast because my dad says it makes the computer run faster. I don't notice anything though...
Simply put, your dad is incorrect. Maybe there's another reason he wants it as the home page, or maybe he just heard from someone else that this was the case. Either way, there's no possible way that going to the Comcast page will make anything faster. If anything, it'll slow you down by loading something you probably aren't going to be using.

Ayano Katagiri
July 17th, 2009, 12:37 AM
On Firefox: The default Mozilla Start Page - It's basically just Google and I have all the sites I visit in the bookmarks toolbar anyway.
On Safari: Google - It was Safari's "Top Pages" function up till recently when it started crashing on me.

as2
July 17th, 2009, 06:12 AM
http://start.ubuntu.com/9.04/

Ayselipera
July 17th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Simply put, your dad is incorrect. Maybe there's another reason he wants it as the home page, or maybe he just heard from someone else that this was the case. Either way, there's no possible way that going to the Comcast page will make anything faster. If anything, it'll slow you down by loading something you probably aren't going to be using.

Hahaha, thats what I figured.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 17th, 2009, 12:04 PM
It use to be google when I first got my laptop but since my life revolves around the newest Pokemon information, its now serebii.net

:t354:TG

glow.ForEveR
July 17th, 2009, 02:41 PM
PC is my homepage :3 it has been for a while now ^^

Serene Grace
July 18th, 2009, 10:57 AM
My homepage is the Firefox Google.

Cassino
July 18th, 2009, 11:10 AM
about:blank

When I open my browser I have any tabs I left open still there, namely this deranged place (I jest, it's nice really), deviantART and Yahoo Mail, plus whatever else.

.Seth
July 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Mine's just the standard Mozilla Start Page. I ought to set it to serebii, though.
I like getting updates on Pokemon.
Or maybe PC and my PC Profile.

.Ozymandias
July 18th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Google. For some reason, every computer I've had I've used Google, just because it's handy.

.little monster
July 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM
The Mozilla Start Page with Google. Quite handy.

Rokusasu
July 18th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Yahoo, because that's my main mail client. Plus it has a decent news section etc.

SMGKururu
July 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM
Mine's Twitter. 'cuz I'm a

Tweet *****

Malice.
July 22nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
I use a blank page. If I decide to ever have a specific page set I'd prolly use Mozilla start page (for my Firefox anyway.)

Captain Fabio
July 22nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
My homepage is my Deviant Art account =]

Lucy Lu
July 22nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
My homepage is Yahoo! It wasn't before though. Before it was Mozilla-Google, but when my dad came by to try to fix my computer...he put that as a homepage. And since then I haven't changed it back. XD I like it when it is in Yahoo!

Noah Ridgewood
July 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
I have technically have three homepages. Apple, Google, and a blank page.

Gummy
July 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Mine is the Firefox Google which I love dearly and use a lot. I don't use Safari enough to even know what the homepage is. O_O

Apple Inc.
July 22nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
apple.com/startpage I like it because I can see all the updates I need. However it proves as major spoilers while waiting for Keynote availability!

kohei
July 23rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
iGoogle, as a simple RSS reader. Mostly filled with unserious news sites.

Pikachu the Speaker
July 24th, 2009, 09:58 PM
My homepage is livepage.apple.com/(safari)

My ipod touch browser's homepage is blank page..

Caelus
July 25th, 2009, 03:54 PM
On this computer its Google but when I had a laptop my default page was PC I think.
Google's always been the preferred homepage for me, anyway.

mel_neko
July 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Firefox -> Google
IE -> Google...(lol)

keeps my mind off things when im suppose to be doing homework.:)

Trias Wahid Mauludy
July 25th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Google (dot) com. Because this homepage is very popular and recommended for Internet search.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 25th, 2009, 08:56 PM
It's google.ca, like it has been for the past couple years. :D