PDA

View Full Version : If you could change one thing about this planet, what would it be?

seeker
July 16th, 2009, 08:32 AM
So if you could change one thing you feel is an issue within planet Earth, be it Poverty, War or even general prejudice, what would it be?

Personally i believe people need to be more friendly and less judgemental. If we had that, the world would be a much nicer place to live in!

Please refrain from going against someone else's post. Post what you believe in, or read other posts and leave it at that :)

Vrai
July 16th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Honestly, I don't think I would change anything. Maybe lower taxes a bit, but that's it. :x

I mean, seriously, think about it. You know how much everything would be thrown off if something just suddenly changed? Like, hunger. If everyone suddenly had food for an eternity, all of the people in that food industry are going to lose jobs. Then, they'd have to find another way to support their families, presumably through a corporate job. And, all of that farming land and stuff is pretty much useless at that point, so hey: why not just build a couple hundred more skyscrapers over useless land anyways? It'll just industrialize the world more, I think.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that by spontaneously solving Earth's problems, it'll just make some more. But that's only my opinion. :3

Mitchman
July 16th, 2009, 09:02 AM
The pollution. And if not that all this damn corruption.

Anxiety.
July 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Pollution. That's it.
I would say people, but if everyone was nice, the world would be boring. War, maybe, but even then, it's something that keeps people in place.

Jakuri
July 16th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Disease. I find it very sad when a child in a poverty ridden third world country dies from a disease. Its hard on the families, and breaks my heart.
When I watch those things on National Geographic or Travel Chanel, I just get so sad, and cry.

I would also change all of the hatred in the world, and have us all understand and be okay with each other.

It's only wishful thinking however, as it would be impossible for the whole world to be at peace. Maybe one day, but for now, all I can do is hope. XD

.Wolfie-kun.
July 16th, 2009, 01:15 PM
War and/or price on things.

War: Some people are just too greedy, can't we all just get along?

Prices: Somethings are just too expensive, it's just pointless -.-

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
July 16th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I want to change the Earth from being a sphere to a cube.
Comm'on, wouldn't that be cool? ^.-

I don't think anyone could ever eliminate wars because it is human nature to want to feel superior. We've done that since we were australopithecus afarensis. haha. (:
As for diseases, they came from animals mostly, so would you want to starve if we got rid of animals? I like chicken!
but I know this is just a thread asking about what i'd want to change, sorry if i'm being too realistic. lol.

Rokusasu
July 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Make mine a dodecahedron. :P

Seriously though, uhhhh... I'd want to get rid of racism and stuff like child abuse. D; You need things such as war, natural disasters and disease as ways to 'naturally' sustain the population. o:

Osrali
July 16th, 2009, 03:14 PM
You know those local crazies that every town has? I wanna get rid of those. I keep giving him all my spare change and he thinks he's my friend now.

Zero°
July 16th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I would change all the negative in this world, war, disease, pollution, sesnsless violence, etc.
It's really sad how the government use people as tools for war, just because the president and some foreign person got into an argument.

Mapl3Syrup
July 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
The pollution.
Amen to that.
Thanks to us, the earth will get hotter and hotter, the ice caps will melt, and it'll flood cities. Not to mention in a couple hundred years, the earth will probaly be unliveable because of all the garbage.
I don't think many people realise what's going to happen.

I don't think anyone could ever eliminate wars because it is human nature to want to feel superior. We've done that since we were australopithecus afarensis. haha. (:
As for diseases, they came from animals mostly, so would you want to starve if we got rid of animals? I like chicken!

but I know this is just a thread asking about what i'd want to change, sorry if i'm being too realistic. lol.

Original, but I think the intention was negative stuff about the Earth to change.
But yes, I think that would be EPIC. :P

Harley Quinn
July 16th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Recreate the awesomeness that was Pangea.

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
July 16th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Original, but I think the intention was negative stuff about the Earth to change.
But yes, I think that would be EPIC. :P

I would assume the Earth being a sphere can have its disadvantages and its negatives, hmm? Lol.
But I couldn't name any. hahaaaa.

Misheard Whisper
July 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Racism. It tears the world apart in more ways than we know.

Shem
July 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Ah this is an easy one, the only thing I would change is that I would rule it!

Don't worry, I'll be a fair ruler! =P

Vigilante
July 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Nothing. Because in order to change something, something else would have to change

Stop Hunger=More Industrial World
Stop Diseases=No disease carries, which would lead to hunger.
Racism= Well, as long as their are differences there will be those who despise them, we all would have to look the same, think the same, and do the same. No, just no.

Those are just three keen examples.

Cassino
July 16th, 2009, 09:17 PM
No humans.

Every problem ever has just been solved.

Star★Seeker
July 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Nothing. The world is perfect the way it is (ironically.). Changing something would upset the natural balance of our existence. Plus without all those negative things there would be no need for the struggle and pursuit of happiness, and people might start competing over over stuff, like who's happier and such. It's humankind nature to advance and constantly evolve and feel superior, and so, in order to truly purge all of these social plagues, humans must cease to exist.

Just kidding! :D But seriously, I'm not kidding!

Also, I beat you all: I'd make the earth like a heart!diamond shape! Ha! xD

Gunn
July 16th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Recreate the awesomeness that was Pangea.

I VOTE YES ON THIS CHANGE. Libra for prez, y'all. That big thing called the ocean... its in the way of nearly everything.

Greene1516
July 17th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Absolutely nothing! Fact is, everything in this world balances out in one way or the other, and all of it sees its rhyme and reason. Without lies honesty would tear all relationships apart, without disease thousands of people would be out of jobs and over population would give rise to even more poverty, without recession people wouldn't fight harder for a future, and so on.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
July 17th, 2009, 05:33 AM
I would change Entropy! It's not really necessary. Without it, we would have extremely efficient and reusable power. We could have perpetual motion machines, the world would be a much easier place to live in.

GFA
July 17th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Make mine a dodecahedron. :P

Seriously though, uhhhh... I'd want to get rid of racism and stuff like child abuse. D; You need things such as war, natural disasters and disease as ways to 'naturally' sustain the population. o:

Tell that to the people of Hiroshima. War hasn't been good for anything since the Revolution, and I'm not sure that's right either.

So Yeah, bloody swearity, swear, swear war

i'm a bubble. pop me.
July 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Like some have already said, i'd want to get rid of/reduce pollution the most. Eventhough having no rasism eventhough we are all different would be great too - but i think eventhough there was no rasism ppl would find some other reasons to hate eachother :/

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 17th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Pollution, because I'm tired of stepping into it as well as breathing it in. Racism, because everyone does go through it at least once in their lives and its annoying and Diseases, because not even the worse person on the face of this Earth deserve to have any type of disease

:t354:TG

Åzurε
July 17th, 2009, 10:04 AM
It's a difficult thing, this. It may just be play, but really getting rid of something which- terrible though it may be- is so thoroughly ingrained into the modern world as, say, military conflict or prejudice. You couldn't honestly disappear something like that without problems.

I'd say, secretive, irresponsible, and stupid government practice. Especially in the USA (WAY especially), but other places, too. The Mideast and Far East have some serious issues. In reality, the only way to do this would be for every politician to have the interests of the individuals at the heart of everything they do, jobwise, and to have enough clairvoyant foresight to not do something massively stupid. It's not happening anytime soon (the way we think it will, especially), but it's nice to dream of.

.little monster
July 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
One thing..?

Hm..I would have to say the discovery of a cheap alternative energy source that is more efficient than oil.

>Feelings<
July 18th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Only one thing that I get to change?
If it's so limited to just one thing, then I choose to change the way of thinking of the people in this planet. That is actually all that is needed to change, because in the big picture, all the destruction and good deeds done to this world depend on human only, and human vary by their personality and way of thinking.