PDA

View Full Version : iPhone

Saltare.
July 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Okay, so my uncle and my parents agreed to get my the iPhone if I get straight A's 1st semester.

I wanna know your opinions on the iPhone. Is it prone to problems with Safari? Best apps? Anything I need to know about the iPhone so I don't have to drive an hour to go to the Apple store?

Apple Inc.
July 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Well for starters they are sold in Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and the AT&T store if you reside in the US. So you don't have to go to an Apple Store but then again they are the best stores out there. Also Safari very rarely has issues. If flash isn't a problem then You will be happy with it. The main thing with flash people didnt like was no YouTube but all YouTube links launch the integrated YouTube App. My Favorite Apps include AIM which now has push notification, Twitteriffic which is my favorite free twitter app. Tweetie which is one of the best paid twitter apps I have seen. Speed test is a nice App for seeing how fast your internet is on the go. Shazam allows you to see what song your listening to if you dont know the name of it. Bubblewrap is really just a fun little time killer. and Tap Tap Revenge is the Guitar Hero equivalent for the iPhone. Skype, Facebook, and Myspace are good if you are into those things. And eBay is great for checking on any auctions you are watching.

Hope this helps!

Saltare.
July 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Cool, thanks. My uncle is getting it from AT&T and sending it to me, so I will be on his contract and stuff.

But my uncle is having problems with his iPhone. He was on the phone for 2 hours and now its really slow.

Zet
July 17th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Safari has lots of issues, spoiler tags break, it can't render css bbcode good etc and you're just better off waiting getting a blackberry or wait till the iPhone 3G S for improvements etc

Saltare.
July 17th, 2009, 06:32 PM
When I use Safari, it's perfectly fine.

Bianca Paragon
July 17th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Safari has lots of issues, spoiler tags break, it can't render css bbcode good etc and you're just better off waiting getting a blackberry or wait till the iPhone 3G S for improvements etc
Safari renders fine, for me :3 I guess you really need to be using the iPhone on an "I own it" basis to fully understand the pro's and con's.

as2
July 18th, 2009, 11:26 AM

Any fixes the 3GS implements will be available in the form of the 3.0 upgrade for the 3G

.little monster
July 18th, 2009, 12:44 PM
The only problems with the iPhone I can think of are with the 3GS battery over heating and turning the back (if white) brown. If you have a black back it wont be as noticeable. The Safari browser for it is quite..awesome. It's easy to use, organized, all that fun stuff. Make sure you get Aqua Forest and Pocket God aswell. :x

wakachamo
July 18th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Some improvements are not only applicable to the 3GS as someone else has already pointed out that several improvements are implemented in the global 3.0 software update which covers all 3 iPhone generations as well as the 2 iPod touch gens.

Plus, the 3GS is already out in the US, so why wait?

.inLOVE
July 21st, 2009, 03:01 PM
The Safari on it is great. I navigate great on it, and it's pretty fun, really. And the YouTube is great too. You don't need an account.

My favorite app is Tweeter. It's an awesome Twitter app. And the DDR app is fun too~

Hope you enjoy your iPhone, btw.

SMGKururu
July 21st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Watch out for BS apps like iMob, Kingdoms Live, ETC.

Epic Pet Wars is a decent pokemon knock off. It's free.

Jailbreak it and install Gameboy4iPhone and get a good Gameboy repo, so you can download and play GB games on it.