PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Country Leader

Alinthea
July 19th, 2009, 04:39 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/Y0h/fail-bush3.jpgYour Favorite Country Leader - Past or Present

Random image is random...

Anyway. I had a thought when I saw this picture.
Of all the leaders in the world, who has been your favorite, for reasons you like.

Was he a great leader?
A great motivator?
A complete idiot, but made you laugh?

Well? Shoot!

It can be from past or present.

[css-div="clear:right"][/css-div]

.little monster
July 19th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Kim Jong Il is my favorite. You have to be a complete idiot to do what he is.

Edit: Whose the idiot who thinks I am trying to be funny?

Kazukii
July 19th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Kim Jong Il is my favorite. You have to be a complete idiot to do what he is.

You've got to be joking.. I hate that *naughty word goes here*

Obama.. he actually rules. He's done nothing but good since his reign.

Gold warehouse
July 19th, 2009, 06:09 AM
The monarch of the UK during the height of the British Empire was Queen Victoria, so I will have to say she is the best leader. Either her or King Richard I.
Modern leaders fail.

Anxiety.
July 19th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Obama. He's just great. There's no way to explain it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 19th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Obama because he's our president and I dont pay attention in Global History ot American History to know about anyone else

:t354:TG

Alinthea
July 19th, 2009, 11:24 AM
ROFL!
I just noticed something very funny.
The picture in the frame looks so much like Tony Blair XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Timbjerr
July 19th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Theodore Roosevelt is, unarguably, the best leader in American history...

bit.trip void
July 19th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Kevin Rudd is my saviour. Though Malcolm Turnbull is epic. ;D.

Ayselipera
July 19th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Present time: Obama, theres just no way you can't love the guy.

Past time: Probably Napoleon Bonaparte. I just love France and love learning about him.

ChronicEdge
July 19th, 2009, 09:58 PM

Shot down.

Nero. The Magna Carta has been revoked.

Esper
July 20th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Although she was prevented from taking office, (and not officially a world leader) Aung San Suu Kyi is pretty awesome in my book for pro-democracy work. If it has to be someone who's led a country I guess I'd choose Nelson Mandela for similar reasons.

Obama would be my pick, but Guantánamo Bay isn't closed yet and there are still soldiers in Iraq. (Obama, man, you're letting everyone down)

Mariah Carey
July 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Alinthea, probably because it is Tony Blair.

Hitler for me. Not because of the Holocaust, god no, but his military strategies were pure genius.

Sydian
July 20th, 2009, 11:26 PM

Wrong. Come down south; I'll show ya 'round.

Anyway, I'm going to say Ronald Reagan. He survived attempted assassination, held a fantastic economy, was a freaking ACTOR, and...it's Reagan. Come on. Reaganomics!

Jack O'Neill
July 20th, 2009, 11:32 PM

Hitler for me. Not because of the Holocaust, god no, but his military strategies were pure genius.
"His" strategies? The real credit for Germany's military successes during World War II lies with people like Rommel, Bock, Manstein, Rundsted, Dönitz, and Raeder, among others; when Hitler himself started overriding his own generals and admirals, he only served to hasten his own demise.

Anyway, I'm going to say Ronald Reagan. He survived attempted assassination, held a fantastic economy, was a freaking ACTOR, and...it's Reagan. Come on. Reaganomics!
Theodore Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson (among others) also survived attempted assassinations, so that's nothing really special. The economy eventually came tumbling down, and Reagan left the resulting mess in George H.W. Bush's lap. His acting credentials weren't anything real special either; you probably would have had something if you had gone for his tenure as governor of California. Finally, Reaganomics are part of the reason why this once-great country is in the crapper right now.

lx_theo
July 20th, 2009, 11:50 PM
For now, good old JFK. But lets see how Obama does...

Timbjerr
July 21st, 2009, 04:25 AM

If you don't buy into the "hero from on high that can do no wrong" mentality that this country seems to have for him, you can see some points of contention in his policies...but that's a debate for another time... :P

Samme!
July 21st, 2009, 04:26 AM
o :)
b
a
m
a
Obama is the Bomb
r
a
m
m
a

Netto Azure
July 21st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Current: US President Obama.

While I supported Hillary at first and is still criticizing him for not being aggressive enough on the Domestic front, I admire his pragmatism and realistic assesment of the political sphere. Seriously, the US Foreign affairs Political capital has been growing after the Bush Years. @_@

Modern: Franklin Roosevelt.

He and that streak of the US Congress laid the foundation for the stable growth that has occured after WW2.

Abraham Lincoln.

From the Myth to the real guy, someone to aspire to be, and at the same time a man of his time.

Ancient: Nothing much really since they are mostly tyrannical Despots. @~@

dc_united
July 21st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Ulysses S. Grant.

The man was a true visionary- he brought down the first Klan (which no other president before or after him attempted to do), attempted to improve Indian Relations, and tried to implement civil rights into American politics.

Unfortunately, as with all great people, he was brought down by his subordinates

For world leader, it was Hadrian

Alinthea
July 21st, 2009, 09:24 AM

It is a bit weird that he just have one picture of him O_O

ShadowLeader
July 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
Hitler was possibly one of the greatest politicians of all time. It takes a political mastermind to gain total control of a country. Say what you want, but regardless of the tactics, it's an undisputed fact that it is extremely difficult to bring a country under your complete and total control.

Outside of him, my favorite leader was Lyndon B. Johnson, because unlike Kennedy, who did nothing but talk a big game, Johnson got things done. I'll admit, Vietnam was stupid, but he still did more for the US than most..

zerwey
July 21st, 2009, 09:39 AM
Julius or Augustus Caeser....or maybe George Washington. :P
Julius and Augustus were both great military leaders.
George Washington knew what his people wanted and set about establishing their goals.

Netto Azure
July 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hitler was possibly one of the greatest politicians of all time. It takes a political mastermind to gain total control of a country. Say what you want, but regardless of the tactics, it's an undisputed fact that it is extremely difficult to bring a country under your complete and total control.

Outside of him, my favorite leader was Lyndon B. Johnson, because unlike Kennedy, who did nothing but talk a big game, Johnson got things done. I'll admit, Vietnam was stupid, but he still did more for the US than most..

So true, I definitely should add him to the list. The Passage of Medicare and Civil Rights Legislation ensured action on the great problems of our time. But then again, JFK provided the vision for LBJ's Great Society. Too bad that the Democrat's coalition went down in flames due to the whole culture wars/Vietnam War of the 1960's.

Amachi
July 21st, 2009, 12:01 PM
Frankly, I don't see how anyone can have any sort of respect for a man who was responsible for the death of millions of people. There's nothing admirable about being able to take control of a country using fear and lies and then using that power to commit genocide.

Why if someone today did such a thing, the criticism would not just stop, regardless of how brilliant they were.

Anyway, my favourite leader now is Geert Wilders, of the Netherlands. Winston Churchill is pretty tops as well.

Yamikarasu
July 21st, 2009, 01:14 PM
If you could see my room, it's pretty obvious I like Obama. I have a campaign sign and a poster of him on my wall.

I don't know many other presidents/prime ministers/supreme leaders. If it's just "country leader" then Gandhi is pretty kick-ass since he led India to indipendence although I don't know for sure if he took any official political office. Also, other leaders like MLK and Nelson Mandela are similarly kick-ass.