PDA

View Full Version : ~*!*~MALE OR FEMALE~*!*~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 19th, 2009, 08:51 AM
This isn't about your gender or anything, but the question is when you go to the pet store or shelter (or where ever you go) and you see an animal that you like, would you pick a female one or a male one? Or the gender doesn't matter to you?. I know some people that like to get male pets because they're scared that the female could be pregnant and dont want to deal with any babies

:t354:TG

Mitchman
July 19th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Male. I've seen what happens to female pets during their period. Its a scary thing...

.little monster
July 19th, 2009, 08:55 AM
i don't really care, except for with cats. Male cats tend to develop more of a personality.

Cornelius
July 19th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I honestly don't care. When I got my dog, she was a female, but I didn't really care what gender the dog I got was.

Amaruuk
July 19th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Well, seeing as I have one of each, I don't think I'm too picky then, am I? :3

Ayselipera
July 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I just pick what I think the animals looks like.

For example I would get a male dog because most dogs look like males to me.

Anxiety.
July 19th, 2009, 09:08 AM
It doesn't bother me. If I like it, I'll get it. Simple as.

Snivi
July 19th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Well I have had boy cats and girl cats but I think it just really depends on how sweet the cat is.

Spinor
July 19th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I really wouldn't care about the gender, but my mom never buys male because (exact translated quote)

"They piss up the whole freaking house"

K... Yeah, we own Chihuahuas.

xxxLatiasxxx
July 19th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I'd defiantly pick a female.

Timbjerr
July 19th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Every pet I've owned happened to have been female, but I have no personal preference. :P

.death
July 19th, 2009, 11:28 AM
It doesn't really matter to me. If I really want it, I don't care what gender it is.

Cosmic Tyrant
July 19th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I put "Female" only because I've always wanted a Female Siberian Husky named Sparta. Tis my dream dog -w-

CT

Rokusasu
July 19th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I'm allergic to pets, so I can only have fish... I prefer male fish because the names I tend to give them are male (Batman, Spiderman, Pedro etc.). If I weren't allergic though, I wouldn't mind what gender pet I had. XD

Superjub
July 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Male. I've seen what happens to female pets during their period. Its a scary thing...

I lol'd...hard. XD

As for me, I don't really mind what gender it is. I've always wanted a Siberian Husky, no-matter which gender. :\ I'd guess I'd have to say male, just because nearly all of my pets so far have been female (except my cat and a gerbil. XD)

Saltare.
July 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I really don't give a damn as long as their fixed. I don't want to take care of babies.

Guillermo
July 19th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I just get whatever animal I think is cute or is friendly. Usually ends up being a female, though I have two male dogs.

Saltare.
July 19th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Pets have periods? My hamster hasn't had one. Nor has my dog or cat...Mother Nature is a cruel mistress....

Men have "their time of the month", too. They just don't like to admit it.

Stronkadonk
July 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Gender doesn't really matter to me, but male dogs can, uh... go in more places, meaning that they could easily go on the side of your couch if untrained. A major downfall.

Citrinin
July 19th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Gender doesn't matter to me if I don't already have a pet, but I don't usually like to mix genders. Especially with the young ones.

>Feelings<
July 20th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Even though I like pets of both gender equally, I would still prefer to have male ones.
This is only because of one reason - I'm pretty busy with my life, and I don't think I'll be able to give them the time and patience if they are in heat and if they get pregnant.

Caelus
July 20th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I really don't care what gender it is as long as its cute and not annoying.

ChronicEdge
July 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM
If there's a male and a female dog with equally appealing personalities, then I'll go with the male. If my dog gets pregnant, oh holy ****ing ****. If my dog gets another dog pregnant, I never even have to know about it. b

Miss Soupy
July 20th, 2009, 08:53 PM
It depends. I'd be reluctant to get a male cat because I have two female cats, and I know how animals get in the heat of summer and pretty much every other time of the year. SO NO PREGGO KITTIEZ FOR ME PLZKTHNKS. ;A;

So if I got a male cat, he'd probably already have to be neutered or I'd have to go get that done before I got home. Because if I let him out I know for sure that he'd be at it with my kitties within seconds.

Signomi
July 20th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I couldn't care less about gender, pets are the sort of luxury I never had too often as a kid and I like the thought of taking care of an animal and giving it love. So I wouldn't be too picky on its gender at all.

ShinjisLover
July 20th, 2009, 10:38 PM
It doesn't matter, really. I usually prefer male dogs (to avoid the female bleeding on my carpet. Not like I can put a diaper on her. How embarrassing.), but if I saw a female dog I thought needed me, then she'd be the one I'd go for.

Vie
July 21st, 2009, 12:40 AM
It doesn't matter to me, but I would probably get the males an operation. you know, that the bells don't ring anymore.

Forever
July 21st, 2009, 03:47 AM
Female, I have a preference of an animal of my own gender. XD;

Neko
July 21st, 2009, 04:28 AM
Right now I would probably get female pets, but only because all of our pets now are female, except for one male cat and I wouldn't want two males fighting in my house anyway. o_o; But if I didn't have any pets, then I don't think it would really matter.

♣Gawain♣
July 21st, 2009, 06:33 AM
It doesn't matter. 'Cuz I have only one pet today, and I'll never plan to adopt another one(falcon couples are pretty nasty they say).

Cherrim
July 21st, 2009, 06:39 AM
I know nothing about gender differences in pets since I've really only had fish. XD; I'd research it and base my decision on that. For example, I know males are typically really territorial and whatnot. I'd learn all I could about behavioural differences and go from there.

Haza
July 21st, 2009, 11:22 PM
It depends on the animal. Id prefer a female Dog or Cat but male Bird or Rodent or Reptile.

Gymnotide
July 22nd, 2009, 12:28 AM
I would pick a male so we could be bffls.
Though, none of the names I like really are appropriate names for males...

Or animals...

Or real people.

Beelzebub
July 22nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
I don't really care, but, usually males. I don't really know why, I just prefer them to females. :[

mew²
July 22nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
As long as it is something I want and it is not annoying, I dont care. Gender isnt a big issue.

Noah Ridgewood
July 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
All of my pets I've had in the past were female apart from two. So I assume I've preferred female pets over males.

Owl
July 28th, 2009, 03:51 PM
It doesn't matter to me. :3

Gunn
July 28th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Pets have periods? My hamster hasn't had one. Nor has my dog or cat...Mother Nature is a cruel mistress....

Men have "their time of the month", too. They just don't like to admit it.

Whoosh. :|

I was never allowed to have any pets if they were female. My mom always feared of them becoming pregnant. So yeah, it's always been getting a male when I was growing up, especially with dogs. I hate cats.

Drew
July 28th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I prefer male pets, well.. at least if they're cats or dogs. I've had a lot of pets in my life, and been around friends who have all had pets.. it's proven to me by now that male animals are generally more affectionate. I love having affectionate cats or dogs, so yeah.. I'd go for males if I had choice. <3

psychopath002
July 28th, 2009, 07:23 PM
To me, it doesn't really matter. As long as I get an active one that loves to play around =D
I wuv those hyper kitties and puppies!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
July 28th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I might just pick the female one.
Because for some reason, I think it makes it seem more cute.

But it really doesn't matter.
Sometimes I would take Male,
Sometimes I would take Female.

Sakurah
July 28th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I prefer the male gender. I'm not sure why, but females are more gentle.

Astinus
July 28th, 2009, 10:59 PM
To all of those people who are afraid of having female pets due to heat and fear of pregnancy, there's a lovely little routine surgery that veterinarians can perform to take care of all those worries.

As someone who has lived in a family that had only two male pets out of thirteen pets in total, we never had to worry about pregnancy or the heat that females go through because we got them spayed. It made things a lot more easier for the humans and the pets.

Even though I lived a life where most of my pets were female, gender doesn't really matter to me. It matters to my mother, whose house I live in, so decisions are final based on her. Since she prefers females, we get mostly females. I, however, just enjoy pets in general, so it doesn't matter to me what gender they are. Just as long as their personality is the right one.

I prefer male pets, well.. at least if they're cats or dogs. I've had a lot of pets in my life, and been around friends who have all had pets.. it's proven to me by now that male animals are generally more affectionate. I love having affectionate cats or dogs, so yeah.. I'd go for males if I had choice. <3
Personal story time: I had a male dog at the same time that I had a female puppy. Puppy latched right onto me the instant I got her, following me around the house. She also enjoyed the company of my parents. Male dog, however, was much more aloof.

It was the same thing with the male cat that we had. He never wanted to be near any human. All the female cats that we had are very affectionate. One of the cats I have now follows anyone around the house.

So it's my personal experience that females are the more affectionate ones. (Yay gender stereotyping?)