PDA

View Full Version : LeafGreen/FireRed Remake Needed!

steel-houndoom
July 19th, 2009, 04:17 PM
HeartGold and SoulSilver are eagerly awaited by me and millions of Pokemon fans, but I think that the very first games (B/R/Y) need to be revamped entirely. Don't get me wrong, I think that G/S were the best on GBC, but Blue and Red were my downright favorites back then. From the hard desicion of a great starter to capturing Mewtwo, from the glitches like encountering Mew to Missingno (which should also be put in a remake). I'll keep dreaming.

TheDolph
July 19th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Lol.
You're so right though.
If there were hidden glitches no one would be worried about all these hacked pokemon running around and it would make the game really fun to just mess with things Missingo was the greatest thing ever.
My only wish is that they make a crystal version remake for he ds because that was the best pokemon game of all.

Kanto_Johto
July 20th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Hmmmm....

Nah. FR/LG are good enough.

Eon-Rider
July 20th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I think FireRed and LeafGreen is enough. I wouldn't mind seeing a remake in maybe ten years but FireRed and LeafGreen came out too recently to consider a remake.

mew²
July 20th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I think FR/LG is fine, but yeah, 3D remakes are nice. Maybe someone will make a 3D hack of it one day we can all play lol.

Ayselipera
July 20th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I have to disagree. Firered and Leafgreen are fine as they are. Give it a couple more years atleast, they only came out roughly 5 years ago. They're still pretty up to date if you ask me.

Roy G. Biv
July 20th, 2009, 02:27 PM
If glitches were in this remake, I'd catch missingo for the sole reason of passing it on to some unsuspecting noob xD

"lol wtf kind of pokemon r this?"

IcyArceusRider
July 20th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I don't think they should remake the Kanto region for the DS.

This is why: They're going to put the Kanto region in HeartGold and SoulSilver after you play Johto and beat the Pokemon League, right? Then why would they need to make more versions that are just Kanto if they're putting Kanto in HeartGold and SoulSilver?

It would probably be a waste of time if they remade FireRed and LeafGreen for the DS. They should move on to the fifth gen already, in my opinion (but then again, the fifth gen may or may not be ready for release yet...).

Red1530
July 20th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I don't think there should be a remake of FireRed and LeafGreen because they are already remakes and as IcyArceusRider pointed out, Kanto will be featured in the upcoming Gold and Silver remakes.

Kanieos
July 20th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I agree with the above.

Kanto will be in HG / SS so there isn't really much point as the story doesn't differ that much. Only a Ruby - Sapphire remake needed if you ask me :] And then some proper good games for the Wii

TheDolph
July 20th, 2009, 06:54 PM
How funny would it be if Kanto wasn't in SS and HG?
I'd lol hard.

Boonzeet
July 20th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I'd lol too, but it'd be a big disappointment.

What we need:
RS Remakes!
Yellow Remake!
Crystal Remake!

World King
July 20th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Perphaps in a couple more years, we might hear about RS Remakes, but the world definitely doesn't need a FRLG remake, as they ARE remakes on their own... -_-

Wings Don't Cry
July 20th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Why do you need a Fr/Lg remake, it's not like you have trouble getting GenI pokemon onto a DS and you can catch the Legendary Birds in Platinum, the starters aren't very rare since everyone has one and the game is a remake itself, don't forget Kanto is in HG/SS, so why do we need a Fr/Lg remake? If it's just because you didn't enjoy it as much as the originals(I didn't) then just let it pass, it's no big deal just play GenI again.

:3
July 20th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I agree with most of the others, FR and LG were enough.

I think that Remaking it would be silly, unless that remake was released in a few or more years.

Pyrax
July 21st, 2009, 03:04 AM
I'd lol too, but it'd be a big disappointment.

What we need:
RS Remakes!
Yellow Remake!
Crystal Remake!

1.R/S are not that old and still playable.

2.There's no need for a yellow remake, if you want a pikachu to follow you, go to amity square.

3.We don't need a crystal remake when a G/S remake is already underway.

Greene1516
July 21st, 2009, 03:54 AM
Wow and here we go again with some people seemingly not even realizing that FireRed/LeafGreen was a remake of Red and Blue, and remakes and never remade.

And as Pyrax said, most of the Crystal arcs are being put into HG/SS so there's no need for that.

KingAlex
July 21st, 2009, 04:41 AM
There most likely will be a Crystal remake since G/S is on the DS.

And no FireRed LeafGreen remake.

What kinda game needs 3 remakes....? :\

Greene1516
July 21st, 2009, 04:48 AM
There most likely will be a Crystal remake since G/S is on the DS.

By your logic there would have been a Yellow remake also. If you go look in the HG/SS section, you will see all the extras that were added to silver are in HG/SS, this includes in some way, shape, or form the Suicune storyline. So there's not going to be a silver remake.

JoltIce
July 21st, 2009, 06:10 AM
Who ever heard of someone remaking a remake!? That's all I have to say.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 21st, 2009, 06:11 AM
By your logic there would have been a Yellow remake also. If you go look in the HG/SS section, you will see all the extras that were added to silver are in HG/SS, this includes in some way, shape, or form the Suicune storyline. So there's not going to be a silver remake.Not that I disagree, but your opinion =/= fact. It would not surprise me at all to see a Crystal remake. It's easy money for practically no work. Throw in a few storyline changes, add Kris back in -- it would sell great. That is, if HG/SS sales drop before the 5th Generation starts.

I really don't see how people are still trying to use the lack of a Yellow remake as proof there won't be a Crystal remake. Yellow was, after all, a "Special Pikachu Edition", and the true third version, Blue, had absolutely nothing of importance added storyline-wise. It may strongly suggest that there won't be, but to imply that it's proof is ridiculous.

On topic: there probably will be Ruby/Sapphire | 2nd Red/Green remakes sometime before the 5th Generation is over. The DS is already phasing out GBA compatibility with the DSi, so I think it's safe to assume GBA games will become obsolete with the DS's successor, and the games will then be remade.

⋚Raika⋚
July 21st, 2009, 06:15 AM
Firered and LeafGreen are already remakes of the original games, how can you remake the same thing twice? :o

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 21st, 2009, 06:40 AM
Firered and LeafGreen are already remakes of the original games, how can you remake the same thing twice? :oSuper Mario Bros. 1 - 3, Super Mario All-Stars, and Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Advance, & Advance 4... not to mention countless arcade game remakes. I can't remember how many times I've seen remakes of Asteroid & Centipede.

Parshath
July 21st, 2009, 05:04 PM
Fire Red and Leaf Green were great enough, and we're already going to have to play through Kanto, and in a DS style, what else could we ask?
That would be overmilking Kanto...

dragonqueen0210
July 22nd, 2009, 02:27 AM
I don't think that there's any point in remaking a remake. Like everyone else said, they're going to add Kanto into the HG/SS remakes and the ones that are going to need remakes in the distant future are Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Also, I've heard the in HG and SS, the first Pokemon in your team will follow you around, so that's something that most Yellow players would love.

Wings Don't Cry
July 22nd, 2009, 03:32 AM
Not that I disagree, but your opinion =/= fact. It would not surprise me at all to see a Crystal remake. It's easy money for practically no work. Throw in a few storyline changes, add Kris back in -- it would sell great. That is, if HG/SS sales drop before the 5th Generation starts.

How could it not surprise you, Crystal was Gold and Silver with extra details added in, HG/SS already have all the extra details Crystal added in so what's the point in remaking Crystal, that's like making a remake of Blue

Cherrim
July 22nd, 2009, 06:50 AM
The fact that there are actually two threads for a FRLG remake completely baffles me but... nonetheless, this is a duplicate thread.

I'm gonna ask you guys to redirect your discussions to the older/larger of the two (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=178044).