PDA

View Full Version : Would u risk ur life to be rich?

Okamii
July 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
just wondering if u would risk ur own life to be rich. i wouldnt cuz being rich...well as good as that may sound, isnt worth my own life. and plus being rich wouldnt really make me happy, having everything i want would make life boring...

**ok i will give more detials....umm...ok, u were on an expedition thru Africa and ur survival chances are slim...maybe 36% and u would be the richest person in ur country**

ChronicEdge
July 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
It depends on what the situation is, exactly how rich I'd become, and what I thought my chances of survival would be. Gimme more details, jeeze.

Citrinin
July 19th, 2009, 08:02 PM
In that situation, no (why 36%? XD). And in almost every case, no. Being rich would certainly improve my quality of life, but I'm very satisfied with my life as it is; I wouldn't want to risk losing it.

ChronicEdge
July 19th, 2009, 08:03 PM
That depends. Would my family get the money if I died?

Pokehead
July 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't do it. I'm happy being middle lower class.

BTW, I'm gonna go ahead and be jerk, slim chance is defined by having, at the most, 4.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance of success :P

Now, flame me if you must :D

ChronicEdge
July 19th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't do it. I'm happy being middle lower class.

BTW, I'm gonna go ahead and be jerk, slim chance is defined by having, at the most, 4.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance of success :P

Now, flame me if you must :D

I disagree. A 'slim' chance is anything below 50%. If it's not at least as likely to happen as not, then it's a statistical impossibility. Impossible sounds pretty slim to me.

On topic, I'd also need to know how painful/dignified/interesting the death would be.

Shem
July 19th, 2009, 08:46 PM
No, although I do love money, I rarely take a chance, especially like that. I'll become rich like most rich people do, hard work, a good education, and dedication.

Metatron
July 19th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Hell no.

I don't care how lame and generic this might sound, but money means nothing to me, and no amount is worth risking your life over.

Nash Bandicoot
July 19th, 2009, 08:53 PM
i saw this movie last night called the secret of the magic gourd it made me think life would be boring if we didn't earn things, so no i would not want to risk my life for money

>Feelings<
July 19th, 2009, 09:09 PM
As much as I want to be rich, it would never be when there is a great chance to risk of losing my life.
But if the task at hand is something I am natural at doing, then the chance of survival for only me might change from just 30% into 80%, in which case, I might think about it.
No wonder, since I'm not happy with my life at all.

.death
July 19th, 2009, 09:19 PM
No amount money is not worth throwing my life away. So, my answer is no, I would not risk my life to be rich.

Mariah Carey
July 19th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Hmm...does it count doing human trafficking, getting caught by the police and getting the death penalty?

Pokehead
July 19th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I disagree. A 'slim' chance is anything below 50%.

Ok... well, the statistics books I used in high school and in college have defined it like that.

To me, slim is 30% or less. But I might change my mind after I take Statistics II late this semester :P

If it's not at least as likely to happen as not, then it's a statistical impossibility. Impossible sounds pretty slim to me.

Huh? This part threw me off......

Ayselipera
July 19th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Depends on the situation.

That being said I love to do nothing and being rich would grant me my wish of being able to do whatever I want for the rest of my life!

Guillermo
July 20th, 2009, 01:14 AM
As a daredevil? Yes. In general? No. Being rich isn't everything. Besides, what's the point in risking your life to be rich when you wouldn't be around to spend it?

Cassino
July 20th, 2009, 02:33 AM
I'm willing to risk my life by default, so assuming this money would set me up for life, chances are I'd go for it.

That depends. Would my family get the money if I died?
I suggest you read up about wills.
On topic, I'd also need to know how painful/dignified/interesting the death would be.
You honestly don't know? What is this.
Since the details you requested involve Africa's wilderness. Starvation, dehydration or being killed by wild animals are pretty much the only two deaths you'll have.

Zakarii
July 20th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Hell no.

I don't care how lame and generic this might sound, but money means nothing to me, and no amount is worth risking your life over.
My thoughts exactly. Money is pretty much paper with a bunch of numbers on it. Think about it.

.little monster
July 20th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Depends how my life was going at the moment, as of now, no.

Kazukii
July 20th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Possibly as it could make things so much easier for me and my family.. I don't know really.. =/

Cherrim
July 20th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I will do a lot of things for money (I'll be the first to admit that I'm very materialistic) but risk my life is not one of them. :| It doesn't matter what the probability of my survival is--if it's not something safe, I won't do it no matter the cost.

...probably.

Saltare.
July 20th, 2009, 07:23 AM
No!

No offense, but someone who risks their life for money is a total dumbass.

I'd much rather LIVE get a JOB and work for my MONEY and enjoy LIFE

.MurkyBurning.
July 20th, 2009, 08:39 AM
nope. i dont want to be rich ;]

Greene1516
July 20th, 2009, 08:40 AM
The whole concept is futile really, 'cause even though there's a chance you could live, if you die then all the money in the world won't be enjoyed.

Anxiety.
July 20th, 2009, 09:36 AM
No. If I die, then I can't spend the money anyway.

Gold warehouse
July 20th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I risk my life for nothing anyway.
Any large amount of money is more valuable than my life, so I would take the chance.

Fox♠
July 20th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I would literally take a bullet for £2million.

So the answer is yes, I would risk my life to be rich.

ChronicEdge
July 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
My smart assed comments aside, I'd have to say yes. For an atheist, your life is literally all that you have. Why not chance it for something or anything at all?

xxxLatiasxxx
July 20th, 2009, 11:50 PM
My life is more important to me than money I would defiantly not risk my life to be rich.

lx_theo
July 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I'm that type of person who likes to know details... How big of a risk? It could range from maybe to sure-fire death. Also, how rich? What is rich is an opinion. If I consider myself middle-class, but to more unfortunate people than me, I could seem rich.

Alinthea
July 21st, 2009, 02:08 AM
No, I would not.
Money is simply an object that forces people into break downs.

I wouldn't risk my life for paper.

NeonFire
July 21st, 2009, 08:58 AM
If I was about to die, I would take the chance and let my family have the money.
But under the circumstances you gave, I wouldn't.
I'm content with my life as it is.
I can't take money with me when I go to Heaven, so why take the chance?
And what would my future children say to me if a risked their existence for something as silly as money?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 2nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
The only time I'll risk my life for anything is if my family is in desperate need for the money (and I dont mean by I need a new shirt, I mean we can't pay rent type of thing)

:t354:TG

Blue Nocturne
August 2nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
Depends on an amount of factors, if i felt depressed that day, if i was in a i dont care about the consequences mood, and if i had made a will yet. Also living in england, being the richest person living here, considering the current economy would give me about £1.50, not worth risking my life.

OokamiShipper
August 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Um, I'm pretty content with my life now, even though I'm not "rich."
So now, I don't really think so. ^^;

Zeroess
August 2nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
Completely not. i mean, money can't buy u happiness.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
What would be the point of being rich if I'm dead?

No, thanks.

Captain Hobo.
August 2nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
I would not risk my life for money.

Azonic
August 2nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
No, I wouldn't. Life is more precious than any amount of money. Our family is above the middle class anyways, lol.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 3rd, 2009, 07:31 AM
No not really. There's no point risking your life for money$$...

Razer302
August 3rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Yes I would. Whats life without a bit of risk. If I died whilst doing whatever it was then atleast I died taking a risk rather than just living a run of the mill life.

callumcee
August 3rd, 2009, 01:10 PM
No. I wouldn't be completely satisfied with my life if I was rich for doing something stupid like risking my life, if I was rich I would only be happy knowing I earned the money with hard work and patience.

Hyper Chibi Absol
August 4th, 2009, 07:04 AM
No. I'm not a greedy person and I never will be.

shining-Celebi
August 4th, 2009, 10:27 AM
No, jeez. If you'd die what be the point of the cash?

PlatinumSkye
August 4th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Knowing my luck I'd be deceased if I ever tried to risk it. Besides I feel I can make a respectable income in the future.