View Full Version : Do you ever talk to yourself?

July 20th, 2009, 12:34 AM
So, do you? Uhh I do sometimes, yeah :cheeky:

July 20th, 2009, 4:13 AM
Ehhh, sometimes...mainly when i'm playing with my stuffed animals (which I do every now and then, lol)

July 20th, 2009, 4:18 AM
I talk to myself when I'm driving. Somehow it helps me concentrate.

July 20th, 2009, 6:04 AM
All the time. I've gotten better but in grades 8 - 10ish, I did it so often that I think it unnerved some people. x_o; I'd talk to myself in other languages to practise, too. At least now I've learnt to do it under my breath so people don't get weirded out by it. XD;

July 20th, 2009, 6:11 AM
I do it a lot when I'm on my own because things tend to easily slip my mind, speaking things out vocally helps me remember them a lot better and...well I'd like to think I'd be improving upon my speech by talking as much as I can. Though I never do this when I'm around other people, only when it's safe and when I'm alone.

.little monster
July 20th, 2009, 6:14 AM
Of course I do. It's not weird or crazy. Answering yourself is crazy. :3

July 20th, 2009, 6:59 AM
I do. Who else can I trust?

July 20th, 2009, 7:04 AM
Only if I'm alone. I'd never attempt it in public.

July 20th, 2009, 7:28 AM
I talk to myself, sure, but I don't have proper conversations or anything. XD

July 20th, 2009, 7:47 AM
When I'm trying talk to someone or get their attention in a loud room and they can't hear me, I'm just like,
"Oh, nevermind. Great, now I'm talking to meself."
Then I just sort of trail off in my own little language...

July 20th, 2009, 8:05 AM
Yeah, I do-consistently. :cheeky:

July 20th, 2009, 9:40 AM
Everyone talks to themselves sometimes.
I talk to inanimate objects, like video games.

Gold warehouse
July 20th, 2009, 9:45 AM
No, I rarely talk at all, I certainly don't talk to myself.

July 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
In private, yes.
In pulic.. No.
No need to make myself seem crazy :p

July 20th, 2009, 11:09 AM
When no one's around I talk a lot by myself. Its been a habit of mine since I've realized how lonely I was....

July 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Um, I talk to my Cat, if thats not crazy. o.O

I talk to myself when playing Video Games, but people call me a retard for doing it. :/

July 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
What? really? are you people insane!? xD
I don't out loud nope! I'm weird like that it seems

[K]evin "The Last Eeveon"
July 20th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I talk when i am alone of course. I guess most times you need to talk to yourself.

July 20th, 2009, 11:49 AM
hah only when I am bored do I talk to myself sometimes in arguments my mom gets scared when she shes me talking to myself I am too old to talk to myself she sais but there are no age limits to talking to your self

July 20th, 2009, 5:24 PM
i talk to myself when i don't know what to do and when i'm feel nervous for freaked out:embarrass

July 20th, 2009, 5:31 PM
Well yes, I people don't mind anyway.

July 20th, 2009, 5:51 PM
I definitely talk to myself, but rarely do so aloud where people can hear me and wonder how sane I am. xD

July 20th, 2009, 6:04 PM
Oh goodness, yes. I'm alone almost all the time, so it's nice to hear a voice, even if it's just mine. I tend to plan things or think out loud a lot when it's just me. Hell, sometimes I can't help but think out loud at school or in public, though I keep my voice low. Most of that is just things like 'oh, did I forget something?' and such, though. People IRL think I'm crazy anyway, so what does it really matter?

I originally joined Twitter so I could talk to myself via typing

July 20th, 2009, 6:47 PM
Yeah, I do sometimes, when I need to remember things, or just out of pure boredom.

July 20th, 2009, 7:41 PM
Only at very rare times, when I'm trying to bad-mouth somebody near me, but not let them hear it (even when it was originall said out loud to make them catch a hint).
The only other time is when I'm trying to remember something that is vague.

July 20th, 2009, 8:07 PM
Yes. Verbalising a problem, even just to myself, helps me work it out. ^^

July 20th, 2009, 9:24 PM
I don't talk to myself. I hold conversations with myself and myself. It helps me think a bit and keep me from going crazy(ier).

July 21st, 2009, 3:52 AM
I talk to myself in the shower... and type to myself... so yeah, I do it occasionally.

July 21st, 2009, 4:25 AM
I do sometimes, but not often..

I also remember typing to myself once before. lol

July 21st, 2009, 7:56 AM
All the time. Usually it's to remind myself of stuff, so I don't forget. It's the easiest way to do it for me. .____.;;

Then, there's my notes in my writing... I'd just say they're only notes, but I'm the only one reading it... so it feels like talking to myself. XD;

July 21st, 2009, 7:58 AM
Me: No.
Gailmon: Yes, you talk to me all the time.
Me: Go away!!!
Gailmon: No! I'm your Digimon!!!
Me: That was in third grade!!!
Gailmon: You still talk to me though!!!
Me: No, I just talk to myself now!!!

Joking aside, I did have imaginary friends I "talked to" (using my own voice) when I was younger. I still do it now, only minus the imaginary friends.

July 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
No. Thats creepy. i think to myself though.

Shadow Sneak Sableye
July 22nd, 2009, 6:59 AM
Sometimes when I'm making a mental list of things I need or if I have a problem I'm trying to work out on my own

July 22nd, 2009, 7:02 AM
I do. And people call me weird for it.

I think you're weird for NOT doing it XP

Netto Azure
July 25th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Of course I do. All the time to be frank. =/

I know it's kinda weird. But it calms me down. ^_^

July 25th, 2009, 3:05 PM
Sometimes. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's just something I do.

...Stop looking at me like that. >_>

July 25th, 2009, 3:18 PM
No, lol *talks to self* Ok a little bit >.> DON'T JUDGE ME xD lol.

Wings Don't Cry
July 25th, 2009, 4:17 PM
I use to talk to myself because I quite enjoyed it but now I talk to cats since I enjoy their company.

July 25th, 2009, 4:43 PM
I do. Especially when im nervous or if I've just made myself look like a fool! lol I think its natural for anyone too.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 25th, 2009, 7:29 PM
I think we all talk to ourselves once in a while to give our ownselves closure

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 25th, 2009, 9:04 PM
I don't outloud, i do tend to fight with myself in my mind, but it's weird cause i tell myself to shut up..yeah i look like a weirdo.

July 25th, 2009, 9:28 PM
Most of my debates are inside my head. My mind tells itself when life appears pathetic. Mostly, though, I can shut it up with the internet.

July 25th, 2009, 9:55 PM
Of course I do. I'm much more interesting and engaging than the twats that I live with. >: