PDA

View Full Version : Were you ever 'that guy'?

:3
July 20th, 2009, 10:06 AM
You know, the one who creates a PokeCommunity account, just to ask a question about hakin romz, and most of the time it's posted in the wrong section, or causes a Mod to close a thread?

If not, it normally goes something like this,

'how do i hack a game??? plz plz plz plz help plz plz'

I know that was me.

Was that ever you?

Gummy
July 20th, 2009, 11:04 AM
No, I was never 'that' guy, but like most PC members I joined for the ROM hacking/Game Dev.

Rokusasu
July 20th, 2009, 11:27 AM
No, because I don't have the right equipment to be a guy. :P

Seriously though, I've never posted in the ROM/Development boards, so yeah. ^_^

July 20th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hah, Well I have to admit, I do see it a lot.
Not just in the Emulation/Rom Hacking Forums, but jut anywhere in general.

It's that 'beginning trainer' that gives it away. :p

Oh, and this is in no way mean't to be offensive to anybody (:

Gumball Watterson
July 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Not really. I did have an immature personality when I joined but I am very sure I wasn't dumb enough to ask a question like "that".

Cassino
July 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I'm always 'that guy' running around slightly ahead of everyone else with the shotgun and grenades.

But no, I'm not and never was 'that guy' in forum terms.

Tater Tot
July 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM
No, never. I was never interested in Rom Hacks.

But I was known for being a stand-out noob in 05... to 08... x___x;

.death
July 20th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I never was 'that' guy. I didn't even join for ROM Hacking.

Aurafire
July 20th, 2009, 03:35 PM
No, I didn't join PC for hacking. So therefore, I was never "that guy" =P

xxxLatiasxxx
July 20th, 2009, 04:08 PM
No I was never "that guy" because I never took interest in ROM hacks.

Superjub
July 20th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I joined for Shiny Gold. xD I dont think I was 'that' guy though (I dont even think I asked many questions when I first joined :S)

.little monster
July 20th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Google has the answer for everything, even life. 42.

Hiidoran
July 20th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I don't think I was ever "that guy" despite the fact that I did originally come here for ROM hacking assistance. I believe I had a thread or two closed, but I don't think I was considered too much of an annoyance. :x

As for now, I still feel like a bothersome noobie from time to time. XD;

Melody
July 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Thank God, The Flying spaghetti monster and every other deity one could possibly imagine!

But no, I was never 'that guy'. I joined PC with full intent of enjoying the community, I had no single purpose in coming here. I'm not saying I didn't have my n00blet days though. XD

Amaruuk
July 20th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Well, question of gender aside, no, I wasn't. I don't even remember how or why I first came here, but I know ROM hacking had nothing to do with it, as I've never been interested in it.

I was a noob at first, but I at least knew how to read rules and where to post things at. :/

Citrinin
July 20th, 2009, 08:30 PM
No. I lurked for a while before joining, so I knew what was and wasn't acceptable. ^^

Caelus
July 20th, 2009, 08:39 PM
No, and I didn't join for ROM Hacking (though, ironically, it was a hack that made me acknowledge this forum months prior to joining).

I did do something similar in another forum a few years ago, but that's not from this forum.

Forever
July 21st, 2009, 03:56 AM
Amazingly, I asked for like.. help, three times and all spammish and wrong in the same section, but not for rom hacking. XD;

⋚Raika⋚
July 21st, 2009, 03:58 AM
No, and I never will, end quote.

Cherrim
July 21st, 2009, 04:44 AM
Lol at everyone taking the question literally. You can be a noob on PC without touching the ROM Hacking forums.

Anyway, I lived out my noob days on another forum so by the time I found PC in '02 I was a well-rounded, productive member. I've *always* hated asking questions that might make me look stupid so I'd only ask if Google or a billion FAQs did not have the answer. :P

♣Gawain♣
July 21st, 2009, 06:31 AM
Never in my life again. I always will act formally and sincerely. Although in my early days I'm almost that kind of guy.

Mitchman
July 21st, 2009, 06:34 AM
Yes I did once or twice but in the right section.

ShinjisLover
July 21st, 2009, 06:36 AM
No. I don't even hack. XP

Anxiety.
July 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM
If I need rom help, I use google.
I'd rather not bother people here.

ShadowLeader
July 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM
Nope. Never had any interest in hacking anyways.

Alinthea
July 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
As far as I am aware, I was never "that guy".
I actually looked at where I was posting...

Eucliffe
July 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
Because I had experience with other forums before, I'd have to say no.

Though like most members I did join to get ShinyGold XD

Kung Fu Quagsire!
July 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM
While I used to be a noob, I certainly didn't ask stupid questions or make any stupid threads and stuff - I just had grammar problems. xD
As for joining for the ROM/game dev. forums, no again.

Cheesymitten
July 21st, 2009, 11:42 AM
I never asked any questions on how to find ROM's however i may have asked questions on how to hack it, but not all the time.
So i was a tiny bit of 'that guy'.

Haza
July 21st, 2009, 11:20 PM
No, I have known how to navigate forums for some while and its not hard at all to begin with. They are perfectly labeled.

July 22nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
Lol at everyone taking the question literally. You can be a noob on PC without touching the ROM Hacking forums.

Anyway, I lived out my noob days on another forum so by the time I found PC in '02 I was a well-rounded, productive member. I've *always* hated asking questions that might make me look stupid so I'd only ask if Google or a billion FAQs did not have the answer. :P

Exactly. Basically, I was meaning to ask if anyone has expierenced any noob-ness, But I wasn't sure if that was allowed :p

I think it's funny looking at my old posts, like my many spelling errors.
These days, When posting, I'll practically type all my words I thinik I misspelled into Google, to make sure I don't seem the noob. :p

EDIT: Thanks for everyone who posted in my N00bish topic. :)

Patchisou Yutohru
July 22nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
I've revived a dead thread in Other Chat and Other Voting Polls. Chibi scowled me on MSN for doing so and Christina stated that she expected better from me.

And my introduction thread (my real one, that is, from two or three years ago) was incredibly pathetic. I neg-repped it as punishment for myself and tossed my old account into the red zone. :)

Netto Azure
July 25th, 2009, 12:10 PM
My favorite thing to say right now is "Google does not exist" XP

But meh, I was never really like that. Even from the beginning last year. I was seriously a Grammar Nazi plus I joined PC for the PokeSpe manga XDDD

Bagel
July 25th, 2009, 12:15 PM
i didnt join PC for the ROM hacking so no ive never been 'that guy'.

But, i have been and accasionly still am a tottal noob, and im shure people who have read some of my post will agree with me. >.<

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 25th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Nope, I was never like that. I dont even own or know how to hack

:t354:TG

Owl
July 28th, 2009, 03:11 PM
No. I came here for trading first :3

Vie
July 29th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Nope, I never did that. I strted posting a few months after I joined and it took my a while to figure out how to make a thread. [/noob]