PDA

View Full Version : Do you like being mentioned by your friends?

Forever
July 21st, 2009, 12:12 AM
.. Inspired by Will being obsessive.

I do, but... mainly close ones. :[

Kazukii
July 21st, 2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I like being mentioned by friends.. makes you feel nice :)

Signomi
July 21st, 2009, 12:14 AM
I like knowing that people have kept me in their thoughts to the point they'd even mention me in a thread, it always brings me a warm feeling to know that they care and to actually see that written in words.

However, I do know that sometimes there are limits to just how many people you're allowed to talk about and if I'm not mentioned, I don't really mind. I know that person would still think of me and their happiness matters above all else, wouldn't go ruining that for the world. Especially since it would cause needless hassle to that person if you kept bothering them about it, that in a way is acting upon your own selfishness.

Guillermo
July 21st, 2009, 12:14 AM
I hate you.

Yes, I do. It makes me feel good and I like feeling good because it makes me feel wanted. :[

BeachBoy
July 21st, 2009, 12:20 AM
Oh sure, when I get mentioned by my friends across PC, it's a pretty nice feeling. But eventually, though experiences, I've learned not to make a big deal or think twice about it. I used to feel a little down when I wasn't mentioned, but I learned pretty quickly they can't fit everyone, and it's not like they hate you. XD

Anxiety.
July 21st, 2009, 08:01 AM
If they're saying something nice, then yes.

Eucliffe
July 21st, 2009, 08:05 AM
When it's nice things, yes.

When they're not nice things (in public), no.

And yes, this makes me a hypocrite (I think) because I did go and do such things about people who were once my buddies through VMs, and even posts. I deleted the gist of those things, but I do regret saying them, to be honest.

Ayselipera
July 21st, 2009, 08:08 AM
Of course! Theres nothing like it when your talking to a friend and they say, "Oh I was telling *blank* about you the other day." It makes me feel loved :)

.little monster
July 21st, 2009, 08:43 AM
When it's nice things, yes. When not nice, no.

22sa
July 21st, 2009, 08:58 AM
I often get something unfitting and uncomfortable when this happens. But sometimes it's meaningful and I like it.

Cheesymitten
July 21st, 2009, 11:45 AM
No,
I don't like it that much, even if it's bad or good, i usually don't like people talking about me in a good way anyway. XD

Rokusasu
July 21st, 2009, 12:11 PM
I don't ever remember my friends mentioning me at all. XD

I guess it'd depend on what the majority of people have said- whether it's bad or good things. :P

Banjora Marxvile
July 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Statement: Depends on the situation. if it is a negative comment, obviously I am not going to like it. However, if it is praise, I do not mind.

Soul Eater
July 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Actually... yes. I love being mentioned by my friends because it makes me feel quite special. :D

Michii
July 21st, 2009, 03:45 PM
You know, I really do like being mentioned by my friends anywhere, good or bad. It makes me feel important and loved (and makes me laugh when there's bad stuff). I don't care if anyone thinks that it's weird or not, but being mentioned by my friends, or anyone really, is a nice feeling. I don't get freaked or angry if I'm not mentioned by my friends somewhere where they have to talk about their friends, but it brightens my day to know that I'm in someone's thoughts.

Being mentioned by someone makes me think that I'm not just recognized by me. It makes me remember that even though I'm one person out of billions, I don't have to be known by one. I wish I could explain a bit better, but it just makes me realize that I don't matter to only me. :3

Shadow Sneak Sableye
July 21st, 2009, 05:44 PM
I like it no matter good or bad. at least I'm topic of convorsation XD

Hiidoran
July 21st, 2009, 06:07 PM
I love it when my friends, or anyone else for that matter, acknowledge my existence. I get a little, happy feeling in my stomach when I see my name mentioned; the idea that someone was thinking of me, little ol' Hiidoran, is a wonderful feeling.

As others have mentioned, I used to get very upset when I saw friends list people other than myself, but I learned to get over that selfish little quality of mine. I had to learn the hard way that my friends are allowed to have other friends and I don't always have to be their bestest friend ever. :3

ChronicEdge
July 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm not too sure, I doubt anyone would want to meet someone like me. However, people who have intrigued me and I would like to at least give a mutual greeting to in person are and in no particular order:

~ Chronic
~ Ctep
~ Get Innocuous
~ And Anxiety.

And now I shall wait for the restraining orders to come in.

This made me feel rather special, even if she did put herself down. Twice.

You know, I really do like being mentioned by my friends anywhere, good or bad. It makes me feel important and loved (and makes me laugh when there's bad stuff). I don't care if anyone thinks that it's weird or not, but being mentioned by my friends, or anyone really, is a nice feeling. I don't get freaked or angry if I'm not mentioned by my friends somewhere where they have to talk about their friends, but it brightens my day to know that I'm in someone's thoughts.

Being mentioned by someone makes me think that I'm not just recognized by me. It makes me remember that even though I'm one person out of billions, I don't have to be known by one. I wish I could explain a bit better, but it just makes me realize that I don't matter to only me. :3

Oh right, sister! :<

Noah Ridgewood
July 21st, 2009, 06:17 PM
I'd rather be mentioned by my friends than forgotten, so yes. I do.

Aurafire
July 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Nope. I hate it.

Lol, who doesn't like being mentioned by their friends?

Caelus
July 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM
Most of the time, yes, since I feel more wanted. Sometimes, though, I find it a bit odd when I get mentioned, possibly because I don't know what I have done to even get mentioned. :<

Cassino
July 21st, 2009, 06:44 PM
I don't like being spoken of.

Um... reason...

Eh.

Bagel
July 21st, 2009, 06:55 PM
i do

if its good, i love it, it makes me feel liked and popular
if its bad, atleast ill have some reason to pull a prank on them

Star★Seeker
July 21st, 2009, 06:57 PM
I like being mentioned. Unless it's something bad about me.

Jirachu
July 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
If it's nice things about me, then I guess soo...People gossiping about me make's me feel nervus though. X_x; It's probably my self cautious notice of how 'weird' I am, anyways....lol

Tyrantrum
July 21st, 2009, 09:34 PM
Yes, I love being mentioned by friends, that way, others will know who I am. o3o

charizard_maa
July 21st, 2009, 09:41 PM
It makes me feel special. Then I find out what they were talking about and go, "Umm....Wow...Maybe I shouldn't need to know that.

Haza
July 21st, 2009, 11:10 PM
Ofcourse. They hardly say bad things so why wouldnt I?

Netto Azure
July 25th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Why yes, as long as it's positive.

When it's negative and essentially back stabbing comment...then no. D:

Camisado
July 25th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I get quite worried about what people are saying about me...since I learned from an anonymous meme on LJ that a few of the people that access my friends-only journal resent me for some things =/

Eeveonic Deathcore
July 25th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I like being mentioned by my friends, because it makes me feel special.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 25th, 2009, 07:39 PM
it makes me feel very special when I'm mentioned by my friends

:t354:TG

Melody
July 25th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I enjoy being mentioned by my friends. As long as they're not totally dissing me while they're at it, it's a good feeling.

But it's not anything I'd obsess about, I don't patrol the forums looking for mention of my name.

donavannj
July 26th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I'm indifferent about it. I'm usually only annoyed when I am omitted from the credits for a project that I contributed to in generous amounts.

⋚Raika⋚
July 26th, 2009, 02:18 AM
It depends. If they're saying bad things about me I don't like being mentioned. If it's some positive remarks about me then I would like being mentioned. :D

Gold warehouse
July 26th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I don't like being mentioned by anyone at all, even if they're saying good things.

Owl
July 29th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Yea, it makes me feel important lol.

Tomos
July 30th, 2009, 03:16 AM
yes,i do i love it but.......

Jack O'Neill
July 30th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I honestly don't care, regardless of whether the mention is good or bad.

Halcyon
July 30th, 2009, 04:37 AM
If it is a good thing, it would be awesome.
It makes me feel happy to think that someone cared about me.

Tater Tot
July 30th, 2009, 05:46 AM
If they're mentioning good things about me, I get mad and embarrassed. If it's bad things, I'll just laugh it off some way. Compliments don't make me feel 'special' or warm and fuzzy like most of you, I just freak out. :[

Wish
July 30th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I'm an attention <insert word here> secretly.

I like being mentioned by my friends. Either that or I don't like being forgotten. That seems to happen a lot sadly.

MegaSH8
July 30th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Yes. It makes me feel like they like to be friends with me and stuff.

Idiot!
July 31st, 2009, 04:06 PM
My best friend likes to call me by my name, when she's near, and when she has nothing to do, out of the blue just because she likes mentioning names/nicknames of those she loved

I wouldn't mind if my name was mentioned within my hearing range. I don't like being backstabbed, but I don't have much to be backstabbed about. Except that people like to assume I am smart, and when that spreads without my knowledge, I absolutely hate to be mentioned with words synonym to smart.