PDA

View Full Version : Woops *delete*

.little monster
July 21st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Have you ever deleted reputation you gave to someone else?

And yes, you can do that. When you give reputation (negative or positive), you go to look at the reputation you gave to others and there will be a '[delete]' next to it for a few minutes.

Have you?

Mitchman
July 21st, 2009, 09:20 AM
Only if i felt they do not deserve it.

Eon-Rider
July 21st, 2009, 09:23 AM
No because I've only ever given out reputation twice since the feature was re-enabled and I didn't know it was possible to delete it.

.little monster
July 21st, 2009, 09:26 AM
I meant to report someone, and I gave them positive reputation..so I deleted it. I have no idea how I gave them positive rep instead..

Serene Grace
July 21st, 2009, 09:34 AM
Nope, never. I only give out reputation occasionally to keep it special. When I do give it out, I'm sure I want to so I won't make a mistake.

Kazukii
July 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
No, if I choose to give reputation, I won't delete it. I never have and probably won't ever.

ShinjisLover
July 21st, 2009, 09:37 AM
No, never. It's not like rep matters anyways. . I rarely even give it out. I think the last time I gave out a rep was about. . Over a month ago.

ShadowLeader
July 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM
I give out rep because I felt that the user deserved recognition for a quality post. What's the point in taking it back?

Anxiety.
July 21st, 2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah. I gave someone negative rep, 'cause they offended me. The guy said sorry, and he didn't think it'd offend me, so I deleted the negative rep.

.death
July 21st, 2009, 11:12 AM
I delete rep sometimes, when I need to, but since I rarely give rep anymore, as it doesn't happen often.

Avey
July 21st, 2009, 11:14 AM
Never deleted it. When I give out rep, I think about whether or not the post is really deserving before I do, and my judgement hasn't let me down enough to take back my decision on any occasion.

Aurafire
July 21st, 2009, 11:34 AM
I think only if I've made a typo in my message....Otherwise, nah.

Cheesymitten
July 21st, 2009, 11:39 AM
I was somewhat transfixed by that button,
But i'm not that cruel :D
I rarely give out neg rep so i don't ever press the delete button D8

xxxLatiasxxx
July 21st, 2009, 12:04 PM
I don't ever give rep to other people.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 21st, 2009, 12:10 PM
Nope. If you get neg rep from me, the only way it's going to be deleted is by an admin. And if it's +rep, then... I don't care enough to want to take it back.

Ayselipera
July 21st, 2009, 12:58 PM
I only gave out rep once and I didn't even know what I was doing. So since I knew the minimum about it I would have never known that you could delete it.

Saltare.
July 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
No. I don't bother with reputation. It's confusing x[

Cassino
July 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
I gave one out and later realised I had missed something which nulled its purpose, still, even if I knew about deleting reputation it would've been too late. :0

As of about a month ago, though, I've stopped giving reputation in any case.

Caelus
July 21st, 2009, 06:57 PM
I don't recall deleting rep, but if I have it was probably to test something. Also, I make sure the person actually deserves it before giving them rep nowadays.

Citrinin
July 21st, 2009, 08:21 PM
No, I've never deleted any rep that I've given. And I stand by every one (all positive, luckily). :)

Netto Azure
July 25th, 2009, 12:01 PM
No, I don't think so.

Well I rarely give rep anyways. :P

Timbjerr
July 25th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I give out negative rep all the time to people that make grammatically incoherent or otherwise pointless posts. It's happened once where I accidentally gave someone a positive rep for making the following post:
lol yeah i know rite lolLuckily I knew about the rep system and was able to correct it before this user was motivated to make any more n00bish posts...

Contrary to what this post implies, I do give out positive rep on the rare occasion that I see a member with the maturity to properly explain or help a newer member with a hard question or problem.

Gerri Shin
July 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Nope because it takes a fair bit of persuasion to get rep out of me in the first place.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 25th, 2009, 07:25 PM
No because I never give out any type of reputation

:t354:TG

Melody
July 25th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I've done it a few times.

I generally go straight to the UserCP and look at the rep I gave after giving it, with no hesitation. I reread it once, think about it for a moment, then delete it if I made a mistake, a typo or something of that nature, then re-issue the rep with the corrected comment.

Sometimes I'll give a rep comment that when I read in the UserCP, I think...Gee, that's a little too harsh. If that's the case, I'll just delete it and not bother repping the post or the user again. Same goes, if I re-read it and realize it's something I'd probably report if I recieved such a comment.

Haza
July 25th, 2009, 11:27 PM
No. Didnt know you could, but I hardly give it because I think its dumb. So many people abuse it here.