PDA

View Full Version : If the opposite gender were to suddenly disappear...

Forever
July 22nd, 2009, 12:11 AM
How would it affect your life knowing that you could not reproduce, therefore knowing you were apart of the last generation ever?

I would... probably feel more understanding or something. idk, I don't have much against males.

Haza
July 22nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
Im gay so it would kinda be heaven in a sense. Drag queens would have a ball and I would be right along with them. Most of my friends would go away though but who cares.

Gymnotide
July 22nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
Nica, you realize that you asking for me to post in this thread is rather pointless, as the situation presented is also semi-realized around me. Furthermore, after realizing such a thing, you further realize the foolishness of your messages in MSN, which read as follows:

Cereal     says:
OMGOMGOMG
   Cereal     says:
Perth!
Nica says:
is my city
   Cereal     says:
Ya
   Cereal     says:
Pendulum is from there.
Nica says:
wut is from dar?
   Cereal     says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendulum_(band)
   Cereal     says:
WELL
   Cereal     says:
The link broke.
Nica says:
aww
Nica says:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4884390#post4884390 post here? :3

However, that is besides the point. In a hypothetical manner however, my answer would have to encompass two situations: that the question posed only refers to a "generation" within the individual's world, or that the question refers to the "last generation" of all humankind.

For the former situation, the question is null and void for the situation already exists, and therefore nothing would change, including, but not limited, to my perception of the world, my actions and reactions, and other processes.

For the latter situation, 1) I would be slightly baffled, and 2) relieved that the Earth is finally free from its ever-encroaching reach upon the planet's life capacity. Though, do not interpret this as being one of those few "humankind-has-ruined-the-world-and-is-better-off-gone" ideologies, for it is not. It is merely an acceptance of the terms laid forth by your question.

NICA, ARE YOU SATISFIED? ARE YOU? EH?

edit I deem this appropriate.
Im gay so it would kinda be heaven in a sense.

Guillermo
July 22nd, 2009, 12:32 AM
I'd feel lonely and afraid. I've got a lot of friends who happen to be of the opposite gender to me. :[

>Feelings<
July 22nd, 2009, 12:44 AM
How would it affect your life knowing that you could not reproduce, therefore knowing you were apart of the last generation ever?

You know, there's always cloning to take its place, if reproduction worries anyone.

Bianca Paragon
July 22nd, 2009, 01:02 AM
Well..I already changed genders so the "opposite" gender to me would be female, biologically. But as I *am* female now, I imagine I'd be in pretty high demand in this new world XD

bit.trip void
July 22nd, 2009, 01:22 AM
It would be... horrible. Girls are nice to chat to, but yeah. x3.

_Prince_
July 22nd, 2009, 01:26 AM
I'd literally fall apart without the other sex... what would I do... who would I do! :O

Guillermo
July 22nd, 2009, 01:27 AM
Also; I'm going to add that I'd be sex deprived. No one reads edits, anyone. :[

Haza
July 22nd, 2009, 01:29 AM
This thread is so funny. Honestly the more I think about it the more I like the idea, but without women around then the men would not keep up their hygiene and appearance so thats a -.

processr
July 22nd, 2009, 01:29 AM
Honestly? An hero. I happen to love someone of the opposite gender very much. =[

Haza
July 22nd, 2009, 01:30 AM
Also; I'm going to add that I'd be sex deprived. No one reads edits, anyone. :[

Gurl your first post was so much funnier.

Also, who would I say Gurl and Mmkay! to?

Kazukii
July 22nd, 2009, 01:30 AM
I don't think Ctep or myself would mind this... when you talk about reproduction that is :P
Uhh I don't think I'd like it at all because my best friends are mainly girls.. so it'd be hard having to live with "LET'S WATCH FOOTBALL" or "LET'S PLAY FOOTBALL!" X_X

Vie
July 22nd, 2009, 01:32 AM
That would be terrible. No more nice and pretty boys to look at.

bit.trip void
July 22nd, 2009, 01:33 AM
Wait, do the sex change machine-thingy's still work?

Mitchman
July 22nd, 2009, 01:50 AM
No girls? No bouncy bounce bounce? But all guys and floppedy flop flop? Where the hell did the guns go where the hell did they go!

Kazukii
July 22nd, 2009, 01:52 AM
Wait, do the sex change machine-thingy's still work?

Unfortunately not, they've all malfunctioned >:

bit.trip void
July 22nd, 2009, 01:55 AM
Why do they do this then? ;;.

Ayano Katagiri
July 22nd, 2009, 02:28 AM
For this hypothetical situation, uh... I wouldn't like it I guess?? I go to a single sex school anyway, so it'd pretty much be like that forever.

However girls, science is already on the way to solving this hypothetical situation for you:
In a world first, British scientists have grown human sperm in the laboratory.

The breakthrough in stem cell science offers a potential cure for male infertility and could be used in IVF clinics in as little as five years. It would allow thousands of men to father children that are genetically their own, possibly from just a sliver of their skin. But the cutting-edge work is fraught with medical and ethical problems. It raises the possibility of babies being born entirely through artificial means, and even the macabre scenario of long-dead men 'fathering' children from beyond the grave.

The Newcastle University work centres on stem cells - 'blank' cells with the ability to turn into other cell types. Biologist Karim Nayernia created a cocktail of chemicals and vitamins that turned human stem cells into sperm, the journal Stem Cells and Development reports today. Viewed through a microscope, they have heads and tails and swim like normal sperm, and Professor Nayernia is 'convinced' they would be capable of fertilising eggs and creating babies. He has more safety checks to carry out but plans to apply for permission to use some of the artificial sperm to fertilise eggs for research purposes.

The stem cells used were taken from embryos in the first days of life but the professor hopes to repeat his success with skin cells taken from a man's arm. These would first be exposed to a mixture that wound back their biological clocks to embryonic stem cell state, before being transformed into sperm.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1198132/Ethical-storm-flares-British-scientists-create-artificial-sperm-human-stem-cells.html

ShinjisLover
July 22nd, 2009, 02:39 AM
It doesn't matter to me at all. It's not like I'm straight or anything.

Cid
July 22nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
I'd be confused, feel like something is missing, when that happens, especially when I know that the opposite gender once existed.

Right now, or at my age, I'm not that connected to the opposite gender yet, so I'd certainly be more bugged: when I get older.
<you know, because it's human nature to wish for a mate when at the right age>

Archer
July 22nd, 2009, 03:29 AM
Honestly? An hero.
Thank you for summing up my thoughts. xD The fact is, I can't possibly see how that would happen. Because if aliens came and took them or something, we'd probably die trying to save them. 'Nuff said.

Ayselipera
July 22nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
The reproducing part I could care less about. I hate children and never seeing one again would be spended! For the most part I'd miss my friends and family who are the opposite gender, but aside from that I would just date girls. Boy or a Girl I don't really care.

Captain Fabio
July 22nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
A lot of my friends are female.
I also have a girlfriend, so I would be rather sad.

I wouldn't be able to cope really.
Me and Matt would just have to drink! XDDDD

.little monster
July 22nd, 2009, 08:18 AM
I would be..very depressed. A vast majority (and by that I mean all except like 3) of my friends are girls. Oh, and I have a mother and grandmother. So seeing them all die would be depressing. Then the fact that the Human species was dying. Although if that happened right now I wouldn't be part of the last generation, people who were born 2008+ or so would be. :o

ShadowLeader
July 22nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
A bunch of guys all alone on the planet without any women to tell us what to do?

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold warehouse
July 22nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't care if everyone of the opposite gender dissapeared, and I wouldn't care if everyone of the same gender dissapeared.

Jirachu
July 22nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
Well, I have kinda hang-ups with sexuality and what kinds of boys I should like, and, if there were no-more boys, i'd no longer have to feel pressured by such ;problums'....however, I also have VERY close friends that are boys, ESPESALLY including my...younger brother, who, trust me, is like the closest friend i've EVER owned....

Soo, overall, it probably WOULD be a serius nightmare...I couldn't bare to think of a life without my brother, even if i'll always be sad I can't be more like him...I love him a lot. ;_;

Plus, gay guys are pretty interesting people. They wouldn't exsist if the world were JUST GIRLS, either! No more friendly drag queens :( *has met real live drag queens before...their really friendly people, they always say 'hi' back when you great them and are gennerally very nice^^*

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 22nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
I would go crazy considering most of my friends are males

:t354:TG

Banjora Marxvile
July 22nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Statement: That would be a nightmare... The person I care about most is a girl, so I would not be able to live with them all going. I couldn't bear a change that big...

Corvus of the Black Night
July 22nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
... MAYBE ALL THE BOYS TURNED INTO GIRLS...

O.o

I have no idea. Why should I care? It's not like it's exactly a plausible situation. Logical mind not like this nonsensical idea!

Caelus
July 22nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
I'd hate that, personally. Some of my friends are girls and a lot of people I'm close to are girls, so its hard for me to imagine that.

Gerri Shin
July 22nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't exist, simple as that. Also it would be a horrid day for human kind as it would end the species forever.

~MagmortaЯ~
July 22nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
I'd feel lonely and afraid.[
I agree, I would be all lonely in the corner lol

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
July 22nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
I'd steal one of their bodies and keep it for my special times 8D

22sa
July 22nd, 2009, 01:39 PM
There will have to be males who'd volunteer a sex change and give birth to new females...

If worse comes to worse, I'll start killing people. o.O Let's have a nice WW3 to erase ourselves!

Game Over1375
July 22nd, 2009, 01:44 PM
I might go from being a former bi to being gay. That wouldn't be so bad, right?

22sa
July 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
I might go from being a former bi to being gay. That wouldn't be so bad, right?
Yeah that'd be great, and you shall be employed to impregnate men whom sex changed :x Counting on you!

Game Over1375
July 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah that'd be great, and you shall be employed to impregnate men whom sex changed :x Counting on you!

Um... On second thought, I might just find the nearest gun.

No offense guys.

22sa
July 22nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Um... On second thought, I might just find the nearest gun.

No offense guys.
W00t! WW3! Which nation shall we invade first? Chinese Taiwan? Korea? Iran? Mexico?

Game Over1375
July 22nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
W00t! WW3! Which nation shall we invade first? Chinese Taiwan? Korea? Iran? Mexico?

Not for war, for myself. I have no reason to start a war.

...Let's say North Korea first.

22sa
July 22nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Not for war, for myself. I have no reason to start a war.

...Let's say North Korea first.
I'll all for it dude, great choice. We'll go kill Koreans!

Anxiety.
July 22nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
I would be scared.
Then I'd just get laid, simply. I mean, gay would become obviously accepted.
I'd miss some of the girls that I know though :/

Camisado
July 22nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
There will have to be males who'd volunteer a sex change and give birth to new females...

You do know sex changes don't give men WOMBS?

Avey
July 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Guys, I'm appalled by the lack of 'I'd want to commit suicide' posts in this thread.

Anxiety.
July 22nd, 2009, 03:25 PM
They have made a way to create baby's from stem cells. So we'd just create more females that way. Problem solved.

And, they have also made a artificial sperm, so the women are okay too.

Wait, I'm not so sure about the babies from stem cells. Ah well, the women would be fine.

Sweet Candace
July 22nd, 2009, 03:37 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if some guys did that. Me, absolutely NO WAY.

If the opposite gender did disappear, I wouldn't really be too heavily effective. I'm not a very social person...

charizard_maa
July 22nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
WOw, this situation would suck a lot. I mean I may not have a girlfriend or anything but I do have friends that are girls. It would mean I lost some good friends.

Bagel
July 22nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
well.. i dnt know. i would probably kill myself.

i woudent be able to deal with all the lesbos, ugh it makes me sick just to think of it.

i dnt think i could stand it. the world needs both genders. all humans would just die off.
lesbos would rule the world, and i cant imagine life without my dad.

22sa
July 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
well.. i dnt know. i would probably kill myself.

i woudent be able to deal with all the lesbos, ugh it makes me sick just to think of it.

i dnt think i could stand it. the world needs both genders. all humans would just die off.
lesbos would rule the world, and i cant imagine life without my dad.
:P

A girl who gets a sex change ain't good enough for you?

J/K

Spinor
July 24th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Haha. This is ridiculous and impossible. If there was a world with no sexy girls to have big butts to stare at and no girls to hang out with and no girls to *stops here in case children are reading*.

Damn...that would be pure hell...

MechaTrickster
July 24th, 2009, 02:28 PM
eh i may be stepping out of line but i know most of us males would miss women because they boobs, there i said it also if it were only men.... i'd be sad because it would be like a prison the crimmanals go insane or the citizens go around start... well you know that thing in prison.. (no its not murdering and stealing)

Barney.
July 24th, 2009, 02:34 PM
It'd be fabulous.

Uhh..

To tell you the truth I'd probably make myself dry.

Noah Ridgewood
July 24th, 2009, 02:58 PM
It'd probably be a very sweaty, disgusting place to live. :(

Anxiety.
July 24th, 2009, 03:14 PM
It'd probably be a very sweaty, disgusting place to live. :(

Agreed.

But wait. There would be the metrosexual men. They'd make sure we all bathed xD

Conan Edogawa
July 24th, 2009, 03:35 PM
No girls? NOOO!!!! I would go mad!

No but seriously I would be sad. I like girls. They aren't icky and don't give me coodies.

Wings Don't Cry
July 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM
If my mum is gone then I'd have to live with my dad T_T

Raiskit
July 24th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I would throw a party. :3

White Glint
July 24th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Human civilization would end.

On another note, I'd hate it. Besides, I don't wanna be a Prison B***h, when i'm not in prison.
*gets AK*

The Scientist
July 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/TristinCrow/Forum/CatMeh.jpg

Drew
July 24th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'd be all..

"Oh. Dang. There goes the human population.."

But on that same note, I'd be sad, because a lot of my friends are guys, and I wouldn't want them to dissapear. xD

Kilroywuzheere
July 24th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I'd be all..

"Oh. Dang. There goes the human population.."

But on that same note, I'd be sad, because a lot of my friends are guys, and I wouldn't want them to dissapear. xD
Same thing, only switch the genders. XP

With an addition of "...I'd better hide, I don't trust James to not try something..."