PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of You

Noah Ridgewood
July 22nd, 2009, 07:18 PM
When you log off for the day, turn off the computer, and get back into your life offline, do you ever find yourself thinking of an online friend? Be it worrying for them after learning something about things going on in their offline life, wondering what they are doing, or other things?

I find myself thinking of quite a few of my friends offline. Most of these thoughts usually distract me from when I really need to get something done. But I can say I think of them a lot more than I do with my friends in real life. I tend to know a lot more about my online friends than I do my offline friends and they tend to know more about me and appreciate me more and care about me to an extend that I can clearly tell compared to people who actually know me in real life.

Usually I spend a lot of time wondering what they're doing and how they're doing.

Gerri Shin
July 22nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
not lately, though I have done that in the past before. Although there is the daunting reality that almost everyone I talk to online is 500+ miles away from me that switches my brain to thinking of other things.

Morkula
July 22nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Of course. I mean, I'm too close to my online friends to just forget they exist when I log out of MSN or turn off the computer. If they're off on vacation or something, a lot of times I'll think about them and wonder how they're enjoying it, and if I know something's going on in their lives I'll worry about them. I think that's just natural if you're close to anyone, online or off.

Star★Seeker
July 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
I thought this was about the Katy Perry song, lol.

To answer the topic, no. I usually wonder what's going on in the forums, but I never think about someone in particular.

ShadowLeader
July 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah...sometimes I think about one or two of my online friends...sometimes I even talk about them to my friends irl...:D

.little monster
July 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
No, not really. I can honestly say I can not remember one time where I did.

Drew
July 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I do that quite often actually. I'm like you, though.. I feel like a lot of my online friends know me better then most of my RL friends, which in a way makes me feel closer to them. I'm not going to repeat what you said, but I agree. o-o It's basically the same for me. When I think about friends in general, mostly it's my online friends that come to mind first. Even if they're people that I'm not all that close with yet. xD

My RL friends.. I dunno. I don't feel as close with them.. :/

Cid
July 22nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I used to think of online friends last year. Mostly because I felt better with them in comparison to friends IRL.
That's basically what the thread maker and the poster above said/posted.

Though right now, I've been too inactive in PC to know how my online friends are, so it's either I do think about them a lot, or sometimes I don't at all.

Ayselipera
July 22nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Not on this website, but in the past I had online friends who I cared about.
Anyways, I think its a lot easier to get closer with people online then in real life since you can tell people online everything about your self without it being as unnerving when your standing right in front of them.

Michii
July 22nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
I think about my online friends a lot in my offline life. Especially after all of the drama and skype conversation that have made my friends and me closer. I think of my friends when I know they're sad because I get very worried. I think about them when I'm doing something offline that relates to a joke we have or something of the sort. During the summer, I've been thinking about them more than my offline friends. While this has to do with the basic non-existance of my real life friends at the moment, it also includes how amazingly close I feel to my friends.

:'321

Hiidoran
July 22nd, 2009, 09:34 PM
All the time.

In fact, I do it so much that my friends offline have heard about nearly every drama, happy occasion, or hilarious circumstance that has ever befallen upon my online friends and I. I can't help to care for them just as I would any offline friend; there's no difference aside from the medium in which we've met. Heck, they're there for me more than my offline friends are anyhow. ;;

Of course offline friends and family members alike don't quite understand why I get so worried over people that "aren't real" in their minds, but I have treasured, and always will treasure, every close online friend I've made. They're in my thoughts whether the computer is on or off. <3

Mika
July 22nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Omg yes. XD I've been lately wandering around thinking "What would Aea-mama do...?" or I think about the latest drama scandal and laugh or I glare at my phone because a certain individual hasn't called me. I don't get offline much except to go out and I'm always anxious to get home and talk to them more. <3 They're like, such an integral part of meeee

Haza
July 22nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
Never. If im doing a trade with them or some sort of transaction maybe but that rarely occurs.

Tyrantrum
July 22nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Not constantly, but every now and then. I kind of wonder what they are doing, or if they are even online.

Gummy
July 22nd, 2009, 11:22 PM
Oh wow Nick, it's like this thread is made for me. Recently a lot of things have been happening in the lives of some of my closest online friends. I'm the type of person to ask anyone, whether I've known you for a year or a day, if you're feeling okay if I see any signs of sadness. I could easily name five people off the top of my head that I think about constantly, and I know there are others that think about me when I'm down. Of course, there I times when my friends are just out to have fun for a couple of days, and then I only hope that they're having the time of their life.

Arcanine
July 22nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
All the time, I'd really say... every day.

Not really worrying about my friends, but things will cross my mind. Like if I see something that reminds me of one of them. Or I'll be out somewhere and look at the time and go "Well, Erica should be stuck in traffic right about now". I mean if one of them does have probs then it'll be on my mind more, but it doesn't take something like that for me to think about them. They're friends, we spend time together, talk, and so on. So, it's no surprise that I think about them.

Guillermo
July 23rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
I think about them all the time, yes.

Vie
July 23rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
Usually I spend a lot of time wondering what they're doing and how they're doing.

Same here. And I am also wondering whether they do that too.

Kazukii
July 23rd, 2009, 02:13 AM
There are a few people who I wonder what they're doing but on the whole, no.

Cherrim
July 23rd, 2009, 03:32 AM
Yup. Not 24/7 or anything but sure I think about my friends even when I'm not right there talking to them. I can't really sum it up any better than Andy and Mork did though so go read their posts.
Or I'll be out somewhere and look at the time and go "Well, Erica should be stuck in traffic right about now".
Or "Jeef should be waking up about now" ... XD;

Jack O'Neill
July 23rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
Thoughts of people from this forum still cross my mind from time to time, though not as frequently as they used to. I simply don't care as much anymore; I have other, more important things to worry about.

Cheesymitten
July 23rd, 2009, 04:13 AM
I usually find myself thinking about people that i VM alot.
I wonder also if they're stalking my posts D8

Ascaris
July 23rd, 2009, 04:19 AM
Hardly ever. I have more important things to worry about in my life. Though my thoughts do drift to my forum life, not occasionally though.

Schweppes
July 23rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
I can say I do, but not much. But I definitely don't think it's a bad thing if you do, as surrealistic as it seems, these people you talk to every day, exist in real life, so to think it's a bad thing, is just silly. XD;

Aurafire
July 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Not anyone in particular, I just think about PC in general when I'm not online, so many of my friends cross my mind.

Corvus of the Black Night
July 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Someone who's not a member of this forum. Usually I think of something funny I want to tell him, but neither of us are online.

And he's taken, so don't get any cute ideas.

Lily!
July 23rd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Quite frequently actually. Most of the time I end up thinking about their well-being without meaning to. I am a total space-cadet, meaning my subconscious wanders about frequently. Since I'm online quite a bit, thoughts about my friends tend to drift around afterward.

Forever
July 23rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
I think about PC as my only online friend. I'm completely in love with PC. I think about it 24/7. I wonder what my future children, PC1 and PC2 will be like someday. When I go to sleep PC's my last thought escaping my mind and the first to appear upon waking. I dream of getting married to PC and settling down somewhere nice. PC and I are meant to be, guys <3

Real Post:
Writing this out in school. Proof that I do think about ... everyone online too much. Nearly every class I seem to remember someone online. Just they come to my mind in one way or another. But... like, states, countries, the game, words, usernames, just all my thoughts drift back to PC people. XD; Half my school boob has it in.

... wtf I mean book. o_o; Anyways, cbf'd fixing typo... yeah, I think about people online a lot.

Cornelius
July 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Sometimes. I used to have very close relationships with some online friends, but that ended some time ago because we had all been part of a club that had actually died out, and everybody disappeared or migrated their own ways. I could still communicate with one person, but the forum that he goes on isn't one that I go on, so I think about them at times, but it's slightly depressing to.

They were good days.

Owl
July 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM
No, at least not right now because I'm new here and have no friends here. :( lol