PDA

View Full Version : SIT STILL! GET THAT PEN OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! STOP TAPPING YOUR FINGERS!

Cheesymitten
July 23rd, 2009, 04:38 AM
>.> Excuse the lame title.

Do you fidget about when someone is explaining something to you or do you sit still and calmly wait for the person to finish?

I tend to sit still, i restrain myself from fidgeting.

Cherrim
July 23rd, 2009, 04:41 AM
I... sit fairly still. :( I fidget a lot on my own but if someone is trying to tell me something I do my best not to because I know how distracting and annoying it is.

Though lately people have had a tendency to come in and tell me stuff when I'm in the middle of something. I end up finishing it (something like signing an invoice or editing one) before I turn to look at them so I think that might be even worse than fidgeting because I want to finish up. XD;

Cid
July 23rd, 2009, 04:42 AM
It depends on the situation, most importantly on my mood.

When I'm in a hurry or just feeling hasty, I fidget, failing to restrain myself.
I even beg that someone to hurry up when I'm really in a hurry or when what that person is saying is worthless.

But on other conditions, I just sit still and calmly wait. I'm not that hasty, anyway, so the latter happens most of the time.

Rokusasu
July 23rd, 2009, 05:10 AM
I sit calmly, surprisingly for me, if a teacher or someone of a similar status is explaining something to me. o_o; With my family however, it's different. They don't mind though, 'cause they're probably used to it- I'm always fidgeting.

Serene Grace
July 23rd, 2009, 05:36 AM
I sit quite still, weirdly enough. I'm only fidgeting when I'm hungry, my legs shake. XD

daigonite
July 23rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
Usually when trapped by my mom to watch the house shows... *shudder*

NOT THIS OLD HOUSE AGAIN

Cassino
July 23rd, 2009, 06:13 AM
When someone is explaining something to me, it is often out on the field of work, standing. I move around to get the best view I can be bothered to attain. I don't fidget beyong the degree of changing which foot my weight rests on.

.little monster
July 23rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
It's about 50/50 for me. Sometimes I tap my leg, sometimes I play with my pencil. Sometimes my eye twitches. o.o I try to stay still though. I don't see the point in yelling at people for fidgeting..99% of the time it's involuntary and yelling at them will just make them think you're an idiot.

sanny the hedgehog
July 23rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
depends who im talking to and what situation im in (or what they have on their face)
if im doing something at the time, then yes im probably going to fidget around.
whereas if im doing nothing and bored then no i wont.
if they have anything that completly on there face that stands out

Ayano Katagiri
July 23rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
It depends what is being explained to me. If it's something I'm interested in/or the answer to a question I posed, I usually pay attention. If it's something I just simply don't care about, I tend to wander off and do other things.

Haza
July 23rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
If its really boring then I usually start to look around and admire other things.

Citrinin
July 23rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
I tend to fidget a lot. XD; Whether it's leg bouncing, pen tapping, finger tapping, you name it. XD;

Forever
July 24th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Um I fidget.

That reminds me of this freaking awesome ruler I got today, it bends. :D

Vie
July 24th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I always have to do something, so I do stuff. Like tapping fingers. xP

⋚Raika⋚
July 24th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I fidget. I twirl my pen and tap my fingers. :D

ShinjisLover
July 24th, 2009, 01:55 AM
I usually just tilt my head to one side and fiddle with my fingers. XD

Camisado
July 24th, 2009, 02:12 AM
I sit quite still.

It annoys me when people do those things D: especially tapping. I'm over-sensitive to noise and it really irks me.

Alinthea
July 24th, 2009, 04:07 AM
I use to but not anymore.
I say use to, when my age was in single figures! XD

I just play with my hair if I am bored...

Eucliffe
July 24th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Sitting still + My love of daydreaming = Most likely to space out.

And if I have some sort of small sphere, I'll toss that back and forth while I daydream.

But I'll most likely be sitting still if I'm daydreaming, with the exception of the tossing of the sphere. Else, I'd probably begin tapping my fingers on/in the table/desk. Or I'll be tapping my pen or something.

Yes, I has ADD and I'm proud of it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 28th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I usually daydream when people are talking to me that I don't want to hear them, but when I was little I usually fidgited a lot

:t354:TG

Anxiety.
July 28th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I fidget and twitch. I can't sit still, I can't ever get comfortable either.

Idiot!
July 31st, 2009, 04:31 PM
I rarely fidget unless the lecture is pretty boring and there is only five more minutes till the end.

Otherwise, if I moved, I am probably shifting my posture so that my body doesn't get numb

dotKarma
July 31st, 2009, 04:52 PM
I find myself tapping whatever table surface is in front of me a lot, so I just stick a pen between my fingers and either draw or shift the pen between my fingers to prevent my making music. I don't even have ADD or anything, it's just something that helps me think and clears my head.

Giraffles <3
July 31st, 2009, 08:59 PM
I fidget so much, if my hands don't have some repetitive motion to do, then they will definitely find one :3.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
July 31st, 2009, 09:01 PM
any degradable substance near me will be crumpled.
And solid object will be toyed with.

I do it all the time.

In fact, I have a ripped up newspaper in front of me.

donavannj
July 31st, 2009, 09:19 PM
When I try to be completely still, I fidget. When I don't try, I can.

Pokepal17
August 1st, 2009, 04:40 AM
I fidget but pay attention.

Amaruuk
August 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
I don't fidget when things are being explained; I sit still and just kinda get absorbed into what's being said. I'll change postures every now and then if it's like, a lecture in class or a lengthy conversation or something, but I don't fidget too often.

I do fidget when I'm in the presence of someone who makes me really nervous, though, specifically when I have to spend a fair amount of time in their presence (such as being in the same class).

Saltare.
August 1st, 2009, 06:16 PM
I have "nervous hands" I always have to be doing something with my hands. Wether it's tapping fingers or twirling my pencil.

I always fidget. I can't sit still

Alexithymia~
August 1st, 2009, 11:02 PM
I always have to be moving my leg. Whenever I sit down, .. *leg moves* STOP THAT! *hits*

At the dinner table, my mum is always telling me off because when I move my leg about it disturbs the table. I can't help it though, I do it subconciously.

Melody
August 2nd, 2009, 06:22 AM
For me, it depends on how I feel. I fidget more if I'm not tired, or worn out. If I'm tired, I can sit still.

Though sometimes, when the mood strikes me, I can just sit stone-statue still, but usually that only happens rarely.

dash!
August 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
I can never sit still. NEVER. Whether or not I'm listening to something boring.
I swing my legs back and forth, leg bounce, mess with whatever jewelery I'm wearing, mess with something else I found sitting nearby, mess with my hair... you name it.
Hell, even if I'm not sitting down, and am instead, say, at the store with a friend and they are looking through clothes then I will walk in circles or start to pace.

Razer302
August 3rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
I fidget all the time. I can be sat watching TV and I will flick the battery cover on and off on the remote. I have to be doing somthing with my hands for some reason. Never know why but I have to keep them doing something.

Saltare.
August 3rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
I always have to be moving my leg. Whenever I sit down, .. *leg moves* STOP THAT! *hits*

At the dinner table, my mum is always telling me off because when I move my leg about it disturbs the table. I can't help it though, I do it subconciously.

Lol same here. I'll tap my foot or hit my foot on the table and get yelled at

Suki
August 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
I'm always shaking my leg, and 99% of the time, I don't even know I'm doing it, but it annoys the hell outta my family :D

Oh and when I'm on the PC, I'm always clicking the mouse's right button, for some reason. Like 200 clicks a minute. Um maybe.

Yamikarasu
August 3rd, 2009, 10:56 AM
No. But I suppose I could get anxious and fidgety if I really didn't want to be there for some reason. Usually I just ignore people when that happens. :/

Zorua
August 8th, 2009, 01:38 AM
It's a bad habit for me to do something else while someone is talking to me. I've learned to shift my focus towards them, though, so it's not really that much of an issue anymore.

Graceful
August 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I bite my nails. Otherwise....I hum to annoy everyone around me!

Vintage Arachnid
August 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I purposely fidget, if that's possible?
it's fun to get reactions from people.

ReyRey-Pyon
August 8th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I do alot of fidgeting
i play with my hair. chew my nails, doodle on the desk/my notebook/my hand/a napkin
i tend to tear any paper into small pieces, if i have a crayon or stick i might start breaking it.
if i have a straw i'll chew on it

i admire pretty colors, tap against the a table, tap my feet, if im siting i swing/shake my feet around

i can't sit very still >.>;;

It really depends on how interested i am in what ever is going on though
If I find it interesting I'll sit still and listen
Well with the exception of moving my feet anyways >.>

Barney.
August 8th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I do this strange pen tapping technique whenever I get bored.

It drives people up the wall.

I also shake my leg randomly sometimes.

Sweet Candace
August 8th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I fidget a lot. Especially when I'm bored out of my skull. To keep myself occupied, I fidget. And that gets on everyone's nerves (mostly my sisters).

Napalm
August 8th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Most of the time, this defines my mood as bored and tired. I always get told off, I'm heavily targeted by teachers at school.

>Feelings<
August 8th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Well, the only thing that I do of this sort is shaking and moving my legs constantly, but only at times when I'm fairly free of work.
It doesn't happen when I'm serious, though...

I think its a good thing, since I heard its the body's way of keeping fit by burning extra fat energy.

Hiidoran
August 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I do tend to fidget when things are being explained to me or when I'm in an awkward position. It's just a natural response, really. It keeps my mind off of the subject at hand, which I suppose could propose a problem if something important is being explained to me. :D

The only time I don't fidget, or distract myself in some manner, is when I'm having an important meeting, one-on-one. Something like a job interview or a discussion with an advisor... I keep perfectly relaxed and still.

mew²
August 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I fidget a lot. I tap my pen or pencil constantly.

Chronø
August 10th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Lol I dont look them in the eyes, but I try to pay attention to what they say but fail :P