View Full Version : Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite DotA

.little monster
July 23rd, 2009, 8:20 AM
The title is Swedish and it means "We're sitting here in Ventrillo playing some DotA." From here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y)

I thought it would be an interesting topic to ask..what languages do you speak? What are you learning? Maybe give us an example? The last one has died.

July 23rd, 2009, 8:22 AM
Greek and English. Still learning french.

July 23rd, 2009, 8:25 AM
I know English and very little German. When I go to college I would like to take a language class on Japanese. :)

.little monster
July 23rd, 2009, 8:27 AM
I am learning Spanish but I have tooken two years in school so far.
Yo aprendo Espanol pero yo hice dos anos de Espanol en escuela.

My friend also is bagering me to learn Esperanto, I might. All I can say is "Hello, how are you doing?"
Saluton, kiel vi fartas?

July 23rd, 2009, 8:33 AM
I know English, French and Dutch and a very little German (and Latin, but I guess that doesn't count).

July 23rd, 2009, 8:33 AM
i'm still learning French. I don't want to learn it though. I want to learn Japanese......
Salut! J'utilise Google Translate à la minute! Yay!

July 23rd, 2009, 8:40 AM
I speak English and German fluently.
Ive been learning French for some years and Ill start learning Spanish next year.

Ich hasse die deutsche Sprache, sie hört sich beschissen an und ist viel zu schwer.
(I hate German, it sounds awfully and it's way too hard.)

.little monster
July 23rd, 2009, 8:54 AM
I know English, French and Dutch and a very little German (and Latin, but I guess that doesn't count).
Why wouldn't Latin count, it's a language, just dead.

July 23rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
J'etudie le francais depuis huit ans- je ne suis pas fluente, mais je peut parle un peu. Je l'aime parce que je le trouve facil.

Yeaaaah, I probably made several grammar errors there. D; But I used to be really good at French! XD (It should read: I studied French for 8 years- I'm not fluent, but I can speak a little. I like it because I find it easy.) I also took Spanish at school.

Yo entiendo el Espanol tambien, pero mi Espanol es muy mal. Dx

I know a few random Chinese and Japanese words/ phrases, too.

Ahiru wa shiroi desu. = The duck is white.
Ahiru wa hanabi desu ka? = Is the duck a firework? (Yeaaah, don't ask.)
Hanbao = Hamburger (Chinese)

July 23rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Jeg snakker Norsk, English and a little german.
For the Norwegian, swedish and Danish pokefans on this site:
Dette forumet er dødskult! :)

Noah Ridgewood
July 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Nup. I don't plan on learning another language. I'm done with that. :)

July 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
I speak English and I'm learning French and Irish. Dropped Spanish after primary school because... well... now that I think of it there wasn't any proper reason. I had a choice between Spanish and French and I decided I'd enjoy French more.

July 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
I know a bit of German, but I wouldn't say I'm fluent in the language.

Hallo ich heiße Hagumi. Es ist ziemlich neblig und es ist acht Uhr.
(Hello my name is Hagumi. It is quite foggy and it is eight o' clock.)

I think I typed it correctly…

July 23rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
I only know English, baby. But, as with any otaku, I knew a few Japanese words and phrases.

July 23rd, 2009, 1:19 PM
I can speak both English and my home language fluently. Working on Spanish and hopefully Italian and French in the future if I have time.

July 23rd, 2009, 1:50 PM
English is my native language, and I've learnt a bit of French, German and Latin through my schoolwork. I was also taught a little Swedish, as my father and stepmother live in Sweden, but, uh... I don't go there any more. :I

July 23rd, 2009, 2:02 PM
The education resources in my area are lacking gravely in anything except art subjects, so no, I have never had the chance to learn a language I'd actively use.

Jack O'Neill
July 23rd, 2009, 3:41 PM
I'm only semi-fluent in Spanish and no more than two Filipino dialects, and I've largely forgotten what little Japanese I learned in high school.

Vanilla Kitsune
July 23rd, 2009, 4:35 PM
Japanese, English, and French. Been learning Japanese by myself for about.. 6 years off and on. For French, I took a year of it in school.

Where I live, the school systems are limited to the languages they can provide. (I.E. French, Spanish, and German) Although I do hope we get more German teachers since Volkswagen is making a plant here.

.little monster
July 23rd, 2009, 4:38 PM
Well, I posted earlier that I was unsure on whether or not I should learn Esperanto. I looked up the benefits of it and decided to learn Esperanto.

July 23rd, 2009, 5:25 PM
100% fluent in Japanese, 50% fluent in Japanese. o3o

Japanese/English Major. [I wanna teach Japanese at a secondary level. haha. >>]

Ayano Katagiri
July 23rd, 2009, 5:55 PM
(I'm currently studying Japanese at school.)

English I obviously know and I can speak Mandarin reasonably well.

July 23rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
El español es mi idioma nativo

Tambien es el mio. Well, I am very fluent in English, and just today Ctep was making me learn Esperanto.

EDIT: 1,000 post! YAY! : D

July 23rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
No. I'm taking Japanese at school at the moment, but there will probably reach a point where the amount of subjects I can take will be so reduced that I can't really justify taking a language anymore. D:

July 24th, 2009, 1:23 AM
I can speak in pig latin without catching swine flu. It's quite an achievement.

July 24th, 2009, 1:26 AM
I'd love to be fluent in French and/or Spanish. I'll be taking both for G.C.S.E hopefully!

July 24th, 2009, 1:42 AM
I'm fluent in english and german. I aslo learned french, but I hated it and therefore my french is crappy. And I'm trying to learn spanish. :D

July 24th, 2009, 5:17 AM
I only speak English fluently. I learned German for... four years, I think? But it's been over a year since I've been in my last class, getting close to two. So I've forgotten a lot of it. :/

I'd really like to learn another language, but I don't know if I'll ever have an oppertunity to again, if I can't go back to college in forever.

July 24th, 2009, 5:21 AM
Fluent no.
I speak a good amount of Irish nice bit of French lots of Sweedish And some Spanish & other bits and piecesof other languages

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 28th, 2009, 8:59 AM
I know English and I know Spanish, but I can't write for jack in Spanish,

July 28th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Nope. I can't grasp other languages. This is why I don't want to go anywhere foreign. I'll feel rude and ignorant for not knowing any of the language.

July 28th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I understand German, French, Norwegian and Swedish and a little Spanish.

I was born in Greenland, but I don't understand the language.

July 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I'm taking French II this coming school year. Don't ask me any French at the moment, though. Je ne me rappelle pas.

July 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Ich hasse die deutsche Sprache, sie hört sich beschissen an und ist viel zu schwer.
(I hate German, it sounds awfully and it's way too hard.)

lmao, nice translated word you picked for 'awful'. XD

Anyway, I'm fluent in German and English. And know random words in Italian and Spanish, always wanted to get further into them but became lazy every so often. :/

July 28th, 2009, 1:36 PM
I am a fluent reader, writer and speaker of Welsh, since my family is half welsh. I do sometimes spend some time talking in Welsh when we visit certain relatives. Im also fluent in french, I'm doing it GCSE, as well as psychology. Latter not really relevant, but I went there. Oh yes.

EDIT: I'm learning German as well, forgot to put it in, because I'm not doing it GCSE. I also know quite a lot of Japanese, and can speak certain phrases fluently. I cannot read it, how ever.

July 28th, 2009, 1:38 PM
Swedish, English, and a little bit of Japanese.

July 28th, 2009, 2:04 PM
Portuguese is my native language. I'm also quite fluent in English and Spanish. And I can understand a little bit of French, but don't ask me to speak or write a single line in that language.

July 28th, 2009, 2:43 PM
I speak:
English, Gujrati, Hindi, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and Italian. :3

.little monster
August 12th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I am thinking about teaching myself French since I want to live in Canadia. : 3 It would be very helpful, more than Spanish. :P

I will! : 3 So I am now learning Francais.

August 12th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I understand some spanish and some japanese, but I do not speak them. D: -failure-

August 12th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm "okay" when it comes to French, and I'll be learning Spanish this year. \o/

~ La playa!

August 12th, 2009, 1:18 PM
I was very good at spanish when I was in school and speak Irish.

Netto Azure
August 12th, 2009, 2:09 PM
I speak English and Filipino.

Still studying the Spanish Language.

August 12th, 2009, 2:36 PM
Spanish. My mom is Spanish, which makes me half Spanish, so when she speaks Spanish I know what's she's saying. I can't really speak it myself, though. XD; Only some of it.

August 12th, 2009, 2:36 PM

I learned French and Spanish at school..

I recently did a GCSE in French..I'll get my results soon enough.

Didn't carry on Spanish though.

August 12th, 2009, 4:49 PM
My native language is English, but I know quite a bit of Spanish, and a fair bit less of Japanese. My Spanish fluency is to the point that I can understand any given text I see in the language, but have me interpret a native speaker... and I'm stuck looking like this. -> o3o

As for Japanese, well, let's just say I'm workin' on it, m'kay?

August 12th, 2009, 5:35 PM
Well my motherlanguage is Spanish but I have to admit I am more fluent in English. I am also sorta kinda learning a bit of Japanese and Italian a little bit XD. And I guess I can be familiar with Latin since I know both English and Spanish fluently.

I can speak in pig latin without catching swine flu. It's quite an achievement.

Inway XD. Osay ancay Iway

August 12th, 2009, 8:30 PM
I know enough Japanese get on with native speakers as long as the conversation doesn't slip to far toward difficult topics like politics, in which case I'm up a creek without a paddle. Still, every time it's a challenge to my vocabulary.

August 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
ang akong ngalan kay Alex. - Visayan Tagalog
ang pangalan ko ay Alex. - Tagalog
Меня зовут Алекс. - Russian
Mon nom est Alex. - French

Wings Don't Cry
August 12th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I took some Spanish classes like two years ago for like a few weeks and now I've forgotten all of it.

However, I can speak Chinese and I'm currently learning Japanese.

August 12th, 2009, 11:40 PM
I can't speak any other language fluently apart from English. Want to learn Japanese though.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 29th, 2009, 7:55 PM
How many languages do you speak and what languages do you speak?

August 29th, 2009, 8:09 PM
one-and-a-half. XD

I sat this because my secondary language, Spanish, I can comprehend written Spanish rather well, but I have problems comprehending it as it is spoken. :P

August 29th, 2009, 8:23 PM
One, for now.
English. It's my native language.
But, I'm slowly learning some japanese pronunciations. :D
I guess that counts for something?

August 29th, 2009, 8:25 PM
I am proficient in English. I know how French and Japanese work more or less, but my knowledge is quite limited in both. Since I can't really communicate in either, I will say I am limited to one language.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 29th, 2009, 8:29 PM
Just English. I took like half a year of Spanish, but my friends say I'm too white to speak it. XD I can't like- roll my R's or say things right, so... I kinda gave up on it when I quit that school. I can understand and write a little bit in Spanish, but out loud... not so much.

August 29th, 2009, 8:54 PM
I'm bilingual; I speak English and Finnish. I'm also studying Spanish.

August 29th, 2009, 9:13 PM
*Cracks Knuckles*
Alright, these are the ones I can carry on detailed conversations in
- English
- Hymmnos (Made up Video Game Language, yes, I know it. XD )
- Japanese
- Spanish
- Italian
- German
- Dutch
- Russian

Here are the ones I only know a little of (Learning)
- Korean
- Greek
- Latin
- Chinese
I've always been good at languages, it just comes naturally.

August 29th, 2009, 9:51 PM
I only speak two languages but I am learning some.I speak Vietnamese and English,learning Japanese,Korean and French.

August 29th, 2009, 9:54 PM
Lol I know English and Italian, but want to learn Japanese

August 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Only 1, babe. I speak English and only English.

But I used to know both English and French. However, I forgot most of them. I also know a bit of Hawaiian and Japanese.

August 29th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Sadly, I only know English. :[
I'm trying to learn Arabic, though.

August 29th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I can fluently speak English and speak Spanish enough to survive in Mexico. XD

August 29th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Merged Mizan's language thread into an already active one.

On topic though, I'm learning Spanish in school this year, have a 107 in my class after the first week. XD;

mondays suck
August 30th, 2009, 1:56 AM
the only language i really speak fluent is german, in english i always have to look up words because i almost never learn my vocabulary. same thing in french. i also speak a bit spanish but i quit the spanish course cause i would have had more than the 32 hours/week i need

August 30th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I speak fluently speak English, but I'm decent in German and Spanish, the latter of which had created a language barrier between myself and some of my family before I knew any of it.

August 30th, 2009, 2:42 PM
I unfortunately only speak English. I tried taking French in freshman year and I was really bad so I decided not to continue with it.. XD;

.little monster
September 6th, 2009, 5:51 PM
I am thinking about teaching myself French since I want to live in Canadia. : 3 It would be very helpful, more than Spanish. :P

I will! : 3 So I am now learning Francais.
I am now learning Russian because my school wouldn't let me switch to French.. ;;

September 6th, 2009, 6:16 PM
i wish i was. ;( i want to learn german and finnish very badly.

September 6th, 2009, 6:50 PM
German and English.

A little bit of French. Sadly, I am not good at it :pink_giggle:

September 6th, 2009, 9:05 PM
I can speak both English and Chinese/Mandarin.

And a really little of Malay and Japanese. :3
Planning to learn Japanese though.

September 6th, 2009, 9:32 PM
I know how to write Chinese, and I'm learning Latin from college.

September 6th, 2009, 11:51 PM
English and the tiniest bit of Japenese.

September 7th, 2009, 5:16 AM
I'm fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese, and I know a little tiny bit of Spanish from a course I took when I was, like, eight. XD

September 7th, 2009, 5:29 AM
I speak Finnish (Primary) and English. Been studying German for three years now, but I'm not good at it. And Swedish. You have to study it here in Finland starting from seventh grade. <_< Not too good at it either.

September 7th, 2009, 5:58 AM
I was born in Madrid, Spain, so I have to speak Spanish if I don't want to be denied my citizenship XD

Also I can keep a conversation in catalá.

September 7th, 2009, 7:17 AM
I speak English and French. That's about it... I'd love to learn Japanese one day, though. :3

September 21st, 2009, 5:38 PM
I can speak French, Spanish and English fluently. Would be cool to learn Japanese some day.

October 13th, 2009, 8:54 AM
French, English and SOME German, but not that much.. =(

Bay Alexison
October 13th, 2009, 9:00 AM
Fully? Only English. :x However, I know a little bit of Cambodian and Italian, though. :P

October 13th, 2009, 9:05 AM
English, poco espagnol (too lazy to put accent so used French/Italian spelling), some French, some German, some Italian (including a certain Italian gesture similar to "the finger"), and limited Japanese.

October 13th, 2009, 9:10 AM
Arabic and English , and and learning some japanese letters .

October 13th, 2009, 9:15 AM
I can only really speak English. I've been learning Irish since I was five though, and I'm pretty good with it. My grammar's awful, but I'm able to get by on oral grounds easily enough. I've been doing French since I was twelve, and I pretty much forgot all of it last Summer... yeah, not as good as I am at Irish. Um, I've expressed an interest in Latin and although I know a couple of phrases, I'm not taught it in school. Which is a disappointment. Also, I know a bit of Japanese, but that's mostly from posting around on forums and picking it up from my friends, so it's not exactly knowing.

October 13th, 2009, 9:17 AM
espagnol unt German.
Naw....Only English and Norwegian. XD

October 13th, 2009, 9:38 AM
I can speak basic Japanese and Spanish, but that's about it.

October 13th, 2009, 9:48 AM
Just English. :/
I only know a little bit of Spanish and Japenese. >.<

October 13th, 2009, 9:55 AM
Only English =/

I really want to learn another at some point though...

October 13th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I can really only speak English anymore. I know a lot of Spanish and Italian, and can read and write in them rather proficiently, I've been so out of practice that I'd have a hard time trying to speak them. >_>

I also know the basics of Japanese, as one would expect from a Nintendo nerd of my level. XD

October 13th, 2009, 10:30 AM
English [obviously], and I'm learning French and German. I used to learn indonesian and can remember a little but I couldn't carry a conversation or anything.

October 13th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I speak English, Filipino, a bit of Chinese. And recently Russian.

October 13th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I only speak Farsi. That's all.

October 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
English, French, and Tagalog.

October 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I speak 3 diffrent languages, english(of course), spanish and some japanese.

October 13th, 2009, 11:44 AM
just english, and a little of spanish and french

October 13th, 2009, 11:52 AM
French, English and SOME German, but not that much.. =(

Edam, by putting French first you make it sound like French is your first language which I'M SURE IT'S NOT MR.FLARGLE!

I speak fluent English of course, followed by some basic German and some advanced basic French :3

October 13th, 2009, 11:58 AM
The only language I'm good at is English. :/

My home language hasn't gotten better since I came here to the US, and I'm currently taking a Spanish II course at my school, but I'm still working on it.

October 13th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I can say hello in six different languages! XD

I can only speak English fluently but I can speak basic

October 13th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I speak English fluently, but I'm relatively proficient in French/ Spanish (but I haven't used either in well over a year). I can also say some random things in Japanese, but that's about it.

October 13th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I'm a monoglot. XD; I can only speak English. ;o

zevarius kerensky
October 13th, 2009, 1:19 PM
some german, some spanish, 1 word of chinese, language of the dragons (i understand dragon speak), language of my ancient people [life... death... rebirth, thts the cycle of life... memorys r forever... they r lost and found](and i mean ANCIENT (possably 100s of thousands of years))

thts it ^__^

o yelta!!! and english

total: 6 languages O.o

Ayumi Hamasaki
October 13th, 2009, 1:43 PM
Well at the moment I speak English and getting there to become proficient in Spanish :D

Cold Fusion
October 13th, 2009, 1:46 PM
Uhhh English and...et je peux parler le francais...(and I can speak French..) Only slightly though... ehehe.
Two languages...

.little monster
October 13th, 2009, 2:06 PM
I am now learning Afrikaans, because my school is offering an after-school class and I thought it would be fun. IT IS : D

October 13th, 2009, 6:54 PM
Once upon a time I was on my way to fluency with French, but that fell to the side when I started with Japanese and now it's just a vague memory of verb conjugation.

At leest I has me my egnlish skils.

October 13th, 2009, 7:19 PM
I'm currently learning Spanish in school, my Japanese is more or less at second-grade level, and I'm actually pretty great at my native language, Afrikaans.
Although my goal is to be at least trilingual, I'm really only fluent in one language. Which should be obvious enough already without having to mention it. xD

October 13th, 2009, 7:23 PM
I am fluent in English. Used to be fluent in Tagalog(i can understand what others are saying, but I can't really say it myself). I am currently learning French. I am also fluent in pig latin and chatspeak, and I hope you are too.(not official languages)

Hahaha. I wanna learn Japanese...