PDA

View Full Version : New I-Pod Touch and Nano cases reveal something.

Mitchman
July 23rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
You know what that something is? Cameras. On both. I just might cave in to the touch as its going to be a media thing but without the phone. Bless their souls.
http://cultofmac.com/exclusive-new-ipod-features-revealed-in-a-dozen-cases-from-china/13222
http://cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/3-iPod-Nano5-copy.jpg
http://cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/iPod-Touch3-copy.jpg

.little monster
July 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Very old information (for me), but yes this is truly amazing. I really want the new iTouch if it does indeed have a camera. I need a new camera. P: Thanks for posting. ^-^

Also, a few months ago this information was released because Apple put out available jobs for people who can integrate cameras into devices. They already have those for the iPhone, so what else would they need them for. Oh, their iPods. Apple is fairly bad at hiding information. X3

Both look pretty thin. Even if it is just a backplate, it's pretty thin because you can see it reaches over the top. I am having trouble explaining this..

Cherrim
July 23rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Okay I can kinda see why you'd want one on the Touch but... why the heck would you put a camera on a Nano? Whyyy would you need a camera on something that's really only suitable for listening to music? I don't understand.

Is this even real? *not up to date on reliable sources for Mac products haha*

.little monster
July 23rd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Okay I can kinda see why you'd want one on the Touch but... why the heck would you put a camera on a Nano? Whyyy would you need a camera on something that's really only suitable for listening to music? I don't understand.

Is this even real? *not up to date on reliable sources for Mac products haha*
There are actually multiple sources that suggest this. Apple asking for certain jobs, Apple requesting cases being made, etc.

Mitchman
July 23rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Yes while it is old(I know I saw it on Giz like in March) but this is a sort of solid confirmation.

Gerri Shin
July 23rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
I saw that a while ago, and while it might seem like a good idea to include a camera in both of the, it seems rather impractical on the Nano. It would be a nice feature on the Touch, but the nano? AFAIK the iPod software for the nano/classic doesn't really lend itself too much to camera support.

wakachamo
July 23rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
this is a sort of solid confirmation.

Actually, no it's not. The same thing happened when case manufacturers started "leaking" about that they were preparing cases for a certain "iPhone nano".
WWDC came and went, and we saw none of that. It turned out to be an apparent gigantic hoax that these so-called manufacturers just seemed to follow along.

Hence, just because we're seeing these guys post cases with holes in them for "cameras" doesn't mean it's going to happen in the very end. Apple rumors are always never 100% confirmed until Apple themselves say so, however plausible they may seem, just because of the fact that it's very hard to distinguish the real, "leaked-on-purpose" ones (we all know they do happen) from the crap that some dude photoshopped and made "official".

And yeah, this is old.

Cherrim
July 23rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Aside from maybe using it as like a wallpaper for the main Nano menu (like cell phones--you can use your own photo as the banner background), I have no idea wtf you would use it for. XD; Makes sense on the Touch where it could easily be used by different apps but... the Nano? Really? I cannot think of a single practical use.

Mitchman
July 23rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Hey a camera on the nano could be used for some spy work.

Archer
July 24th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I guess it saves keeping a camera handy. It's not like digital cameras can send or use the photos, they have to be plugged into the computer to use them.

The only reason I think it's pointless is because most people have a phone handy, which would have it's own integrated camera.

Ascaris
July 24th, 2009, 02:01 AM
The camera quality is going to be poor in any case so I don't see why they'd even bother.

Alinthea
July 24th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Camera on the Nano -____-"
>.>

Anyway, I bet it will be poor anyway.
Hardly any MP's I bet ><'
Why do companies just stick cameras on EVERYTHING now?
We get it, you can do it, but it isn't that great.

Mitchman
July 24th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Alinthea its all about profits. Apple like Microsoft is leaning more and more into the multimedia area then sticking to computers. But they are more into multimedia then Micro is. Being the greedy buggers they are they want to dig real deep so this would be the perfect step. I mean the touch is basically a no phone I-Phone. a multimedia player strictly that has camera as well.

Alinthea
July 24th, 2009, 03:18 AM
The I-Touch IS a no phone I-phone.
All this camera will do is bump up the price.

Should have kept it the way it is -_____-

Camisado
July 24th, 2009, 03:25 AM
I couldn't help but read this thread raging about how you're spelling iPod and iPhone =[ not I-Pod. iPod.

The cameras on the iPhones aren't all that fab (2MP?) and I doubt they're going to put good ones on iPods =/

Kazukii
July 24th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Oooh the touch looks awesome. Is it just speculation then?

Mitchman
July 24th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I couldn't help but read this thread raging about how you're spelling iPod and iPhone =[ not I-Pod. iPod.

The cameras on the iPhones aren't all that fab (2MP?) and I doubt they're going to put good ones on iPods =/
Actually the iPhone 3GS got a 3MP cam so possibly that much.

wakachamo
July 24th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Oooh the touch looks awesome. Is it just speculation then?

If you read my post above you'll see why.