PDA

View Full Version : What was the default forum style when you joined PC?

Cid
July 23rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Okay, this might sound odd, so any staff member could close this if he or she wants. XD

Seeing another poll regarding forum styles, I wanted to ask this question.
The thread title basically is the question.
What was the default forum style/skin when you joined PC?
Does it have any special value to you? Did you like it, or hate it?
Are you still using it, or use it sometimes, for nostalgia's sake (unless you immediately changed styles after joining, though newbies usually don't know about the ability to change forum styles, like me when I was on my first months here) or are you too focused on your current theme (assuming it isn't the first one you saw when you joined) that you don't care?
^ that is a LONG question. O_o

.little monster
July 23rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
It was the Pichu theme if I remember correctly. It's decent, and I am still using it.

Mitchman
July 23rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Whoopers Christmas. Damn I wish it was still around. I loved it.

Patchisou Yutohru
July 23rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
The default theme when I originally joined was 10th Anniversary Pocket Monsters. I use it when I want to revisit the past.

Ascaris
July 23rd, 2009, 11:13 AM
I think it was PokeRevolution. Though I'm not really too sure; might have gotten it mixed up after all the other themes I started trying out right after I joined.

H-King
July 23rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
It was conway. i hate it, and now I have the pokethletes

Alinthea
July 23rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Ummm!
I am not sure O_O

Maybe Conner...

Cherrim
July 23rd, 2009, 11:33 AM
Xmas Wooper. The original one.

...I think. Might've been Plusle's Playdate. Or was it Pikachu's Happy Holidays theme? I don't even remember. D:

edit this is me realizing I didn't answer the rest of the questions orz. Let's pretend it was uhhh Plusle. (These are all pretty much the same theme with different colours anyway. XD)

Honestly, the theme's not too bad. It desperately needed a revamp but the art was nice and clean, the text was fairly easy to read, and it worked as a nice theme in the early '00. Obviously web trends have changed and it's quite mismatched nowadays but it'll always look okay to me since I remember it so fondly, haha. I never use it though. I dunno if it's even available anymore? I think we took it down per the request of the original artist..

ShinjisLover
July 23rd, 2009, 11:35 AM
It was Winter Friends, I believe. When I came back after my absence, however, it was Azure Fantasy. I think. .

Caelus
July 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
It was Seeds of Platinum. Probably one of my favorite themes. :D

When I first found PC it was Forever Standing, I think.

Wish
July 23rd, 2009, 01:29 PM
Forest Grovyle's Legendaries was my first theme. I believe this was the default style all through the Summer of 2005. I might switch back to it for nostalgia purposes now. XD

Robot From Heaven
July 23rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
mine was pichu(squared), and i'm still using it now cuz it looks FUNKEAHHHHEEYYY

Ayano Katagiri
July 23rd, 2009, 05:28 PM
I think it was one of the Pokerevolution themes. All I remember is that the Autumn Always theme followed it.

Corvus of the Black Night
July 23rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
I can't remember what it was called (and I'm too lazy to check, and I don't want to change back from Finial Resistance), but it was the one with Piplup and Pikachu riding a sled.

Tyrantrum
July 23rd, 2009, 05:44 PM
When I joined, it was Forever Standing.

Sora
July 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
When I first arrived at PC, the default theme was Forever Standing and is still my current theme. Seeing that theme was part of the reason I joined, actually. >_>;

.Seth
July 23rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Either Forever Standing or Let's get this Party Startered!
I think it was Forever Standing, but I can't recall exactly.

Cid
July 23rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
I joined here and saw Forever Standing as the default theme style. (Yes, I'm sure it was)
I'm a big fan of it (probably because I'm a fan of PokeSpe, and it's apparently one of the reasons that I joined).
In fact, I'm currently using it just to relieve the noob good times. ^^

Very nicely made, IMO. (me leiks teh color BLUE)
My profile colors were partly modeled after the forum style's colors, so yeah I'm loving it.

When I first saw PC, and I lurked just so I can see the Shiny Gold thread (LOL), I'm pretty sure the forums style was a Christmas theme featuring a Wooper (because it was the yuletide season when I first found out about Shiny Gold). I can't remember the name of it. I don't think it's available, right now (I tried looking for it and can't find it, but I could be wrong...).

Aurafire
July 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
I believe it was Forever Standing...My second favorite behind Pokelink 4 Blue =P

Gumball Watterson
July 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
If I remember correctly, it was the Generic Theme. I never knew there was such thing as themes so I went "Wtf?" when I came back from an absence and the default theme changed XD

Gerri Shin
July 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
For me it was Tenth Anniversary Pocket Monsters. I used it for a while but now I'm on Pokéthletes. (It appears that Jake has updated the buttons and some other images for that style since I have used it last, though the ComSites are still there)

Meganium`
July 23rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Mine was Pichus. I still use it.

Lucy Lu
July 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
The one I used was Forest Groyvle's Legendaries. I remembered it well, but during that time Norton Internet Security 2004 wouldn't let me view everyone's avatars and rep bars. It was all in X's. And there was no way I would disable it to view everyone's avatars. So I had to deal. I was glad it got resolved though in 2005.

Satoshi Ookami
July 23rd, 2009, 10:04 PM
I don't know if it was when I joined but when I started to go here more often it was Conway's style... I believe Poke Link 4?

Star★Seeker
July 23rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
I have no idea. I joined so long ago. I guess it's something I didn't pay too much attention to. xD

Citrinin
July 23rd, 2009, 10:29 PM
I believe the default style was Pichu2.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 23rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
It was conway, and it has always been :P

Guillermo
July 24th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I really, really have no friggin' clue. I remember Seeds of Platinum coming out shortly after, however.

deliriouspurple
July 24th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Well, I remembered it clearly...it was Forever Standing.

Eucliffe
July 24th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Forever Standing <3 Which is my alt. account's style at the moment.

It was perfect too, since I was a HUGE PokeSpecial fan at the time XD

Idk what the forum style was when I made my alt., though...

Sammi
July 24th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Ledian's Knockout. I'm still amazed I can see this theme; I'd expected it to get turned off ages ago.

It's a rather cute theme, I think, but I don't use it anymore. :/ PC has much better styles.

Ben Kenobi
July 24th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Winter Friends was the default theme when I joined. I remember it well.

Owl
July 24th, 2009, 08:06 AM
The Pichu theme lol. But, I changed it to the new one. :)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 28th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I really can't recall, since it was three years ago

:t354:TG

Lynnx
July 28th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Forever Standing, I think. Then it changed, like, 3 days later, and then it was back.

Actually, I'm not sure. It's the theme I associate most with PC, though.

thedestinedblade
July 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Despite joining in February, I believe the theme was Winter Friends.