PDA

View Full Version : If you were stuck in an elevator... what'd you do?

Forever
July 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM
There are many things you could do in an elevator.

... wording. But yeah, what would you do?

I'd just... randomly press the buttons. XD;

Zet
July 24th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I'd use the emergency phone to order pizza

Zorua
July 24th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I'd get Zet to help me.

After all, I'm hungry, too.

Monochrome
July 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I would pretend to be claustrophobic and knock everyone else into a corner while screaming at the top of my lungs, then I would curl up and take a nap.

charizard_maa
July 24th, 2009, 08:13 PM
First I would use to phone to find out what is going on.

Once I find out what is going on. I will take a nap. A very long nap. One nap that will help me catch up on many hours of sleep that I have lost.

Really, I may just go to sleep. Being in an elevator sounds like I will get bored really fast. And when I am bored, I tend to sleep.

Sora
July 24th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Play Uno with my Sister.
Sleep.
Randomly make noises.

Eh, I would just press the buttons, and find something to talk about. -shrugs-

Patchisou Yutohru
July 24th, 2009, 08:19 PM
After panicking, I'd sit in the corner and twiddle my thumbs. Unless I had something with me, then I'd probably mess around with that. That's not to say I'd do anything inappropriate while I'm stuck in an elevator, either...

Haza
July 24th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Call someone, push buttons, and then fall asleep until someone comes to my rescue.

Lucent
July 24th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Do what I usually do when I have nothing else to do.

Daydream :X

And maybe fall asleep. Depends on how much room I have XD

Mitchman
July 24th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Make sure I have a friend in there to not be bored.

Citrinin
July 24th, 2009, 08:45 PM
If it was a short time, daydream. If I had anything fun on me, like my DS, I'd play that. ^^

For a long time - probably just curl up and sleep. :P

Schweppes
July 24th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Obviously press the emergency button. Then get agitated and try to escape, most likely hurting myself.

Halcyon
July 24th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Spam the emergency button! xD

The Scientist
July 24th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Climb out via the hatch in the top.

Why am I the first person to mention that they would try to escape?

Y'all have no will to survive. LERN2SURVIVALSKILLZ.

Tyrantrum
July 24th, 2009, 09:35 PM
If it had windows, look out of it and calmly wait.

If it had no windows, I'd probably puke, because I get kind of claustrophobic in elevators with no windows...

Cassino
July 24th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Unbolt the roof hatch and climb up onto the top. Chances are though it won't have a hatch, so I'd force the doors open, at least for amusement even if the lift is stuck between two storeys.

Serene Grace
July 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I'll sit there wondering what to post if there was ever a thread made about it on PC.

Kilroywuzheere
July 24th, 2009, 10:00 PM
...I'd play whatever's in my DS til I got out. :3 Or til the battery died. Then I'd make random phone calls.

Serene Grace
July 24th, 2009, 10:02 PM
...I'd play whatever's in my DS til I got out. :3 Or til the battery died. Then I'd make random phone calls.
I don't think you can get any service or connection in an elevator.

Kilroywuzheere
July 24th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I don't think you can get any service or connection in an elevator.
That's why there's an emergency phone! :D

Wings Don't Cry
July 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Depends on who else is in the room

If there was a hot girl I'd hold hold on to her and pretend to be scared

I'll try the emergency phone and while I wait I'll try to talk about stuff with the strangers

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 24th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I'd probably freak out and cause a huge scene.. (I'm terrified of heights as well as getting into elevators, i don't feel safe in them D:)

Ayano Katagiri
July 24th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Having been stuck in an elevator before, I can say it's not a lot of fun. Pressing the emergency button and waiting for the guard to fix the elevator took forever that time.

donavannj
July 24th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Well, I'd use the emergency phone. Then start playing games on my cellphone. Unless there were people there. Then I'd try making small talk to avoid losing my sanity.

Guillermo
July 24th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Go to sleep until it's over or piss everyone else in there off.

<~F.M.P~>
July 25th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Play G/S/C with the nearest person...Who doesn't keep a copy of it on them : D

Listen to my Ipod, music is always great...Until the battery dies, then someones going to get pissed off by odd noises.

Ascaris
July 25th, 2009, 12:16 AM
If the situation was that I was alone, I'd just sound the alarm and make a call from my phone then listen to music help arrives. I'm not the kind of person to panic in such situations.

Kazukii
July 25th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Press the FORBIDDEN alarm button that is only to be used in emergencies :O :D

Vie
July 25th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I'd press all the buttons and then open the emergency exit to throw stuff out. and then wait. and sing.

Cheesymitten
July 25th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Keep pressing the bell button to annoy the hell out of the people who are coming,
If i had food i would obviously eat it. If not then it's most likely i would start tapping the glass.

ShinjisLover
July 25th, 2009, 06:57 AM
If there's no one with me, I'll enjoy the peace and quiet.

If someone else (1 or more) is in there and they're frantic, I'll tell them to shut up before I 'go serial killer'.

If someone else (1 or more) is in there and they're not frantic, I'll enjoy the peace and quiet.

EmeraldSky
July 25th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Find a way to get out of said elevator

poke-ranger
July 25th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Once I knew that help was on the way, I'd:

1. Whip out my DS and train up my pokemon till the battery ran out.

2. Listen to my ipod

3. Sleep.

Bella_909
July 25th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Ooooo an interesting question. Well it depends on the type of elveator it is. If it was the type where music is played. Then I'll most likely have a little dance to keep myself entertain untill I get bored. Then I would go exploring for the escape door on the roof :D

Michii
July 25th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I'd freak out and cry, as I've always been afraid of being stuck in an elevator. I've always thought that I'd, like, be stuck and the strings holding the elevator would break and I'd fall and die ;;. But after chilling out, I'd call for help using my cell phone or something, and then take a nap or something XD;.

Bagel
July 25th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Depends is there a camera in the elavator?

but if there was i would radomly press buttons (ooohhhh, aaawww, pretty colors)
and be pressing the emergencie button like it was my job.

Gymnotide
July 25th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I would flirt with you. Yes, you.

Avey
July 25th, 2009, 09:41 AM
1) CRACK open your briefcase or handbag, peer Inside and ask “Got enough air in there?”
2) STAND silent and motionless in the corner facing the wall without getting off.
3) WHEN arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act as if you’re embarrassed when they open themselves.
4) GREET everyone with a warm handshake and ask him or her to call you Admiral.
5) MEOW occasionally.
6) STARE At another passenger for a while. Then announce in horror: “You’re one of THEM” - and back away slowly
7) SAY -DING at each floor.
8) SAY “I wonder what all these do?” And push all the red buttons.
9) MAKE explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
10) STARE, grinning at another passenger for a while, then announce: “I have new socks on.”
11) WHEN the elevator is silent, look around and ask: “Is that your beeper?”
12) TRY to make personal calls on the emergency phone.
13) DRAW a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers: “This is my personal space.”
14) WHEN there’s only one other person in the elevator, tap them on the shoulder, then pretend it wasn’t you.
15) PUSH the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. Smile, and go back for more.
16) ASK if you can push the button for other people but push the wrong ones.
17) HOLD the doors open and say you’re waiting for your friend. After a while, let the doors close and say “Hi Greg, How’s your day been?”
18) DROP a pen and wail until someone reaches to help pick it up, then scream: “That’s mine!”
19) BRING a camera and take pictures of everyone in the lift.
20) PRETEND you’re a flight attendant and review emergency procedures and exits with the Passengers.
21) SWAT at flies that don’t exist.
22) CALL out “Group hug” then enforce it.

oske
July 25th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Play Platty, or Ruby. Listen to my iPod. Text people. Scare people with my absurd HG/SS speculations.

Ayselipera
July 25th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Play with my phone while I wait. Or maybe make conversation with the people trapped inside with me, if there are any with me.

.Seth
July 25th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hit my heels together three times and say "I wish I was home."

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 25th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I would sing and headbang to whatever I'm singing and listening to, then I'll hardcore dance in the elevator

:t354:TG

AbraTwistedSpoon
July 26th, 2009, 06:20 AM
If I am in a elevator at work... 8 times out of 10 I will have my backpack, I would take out my Cell Phone, Ipod and DS. Train my pokemon while listening to the music after going over emergencey procedures provided by work on stuck on an elevator. (Yeah... there is one!) lol!

Captain Hobo.
July 26th, 2009, 08:38 AM
If I had a dodgeball I would throw it.

Anxiety.
July 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Lie on the floor and call to find out whats going on I guess.

I'd lie on the floor so I didn't get too hot.

Cazzicles
July 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Get out my iPod and rave. x]
'Cause that's how I roll..

H-King
July 26th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I would:
1-keep my sister from freaking out
2- play on my DS
3-phone my mom, and see how she reacts

Rokusasu
July 26th, 2009, 11:57 AM
If I were on my own, I'd probably panic, and then fall asleep. If I were with other people, I'd probably annoy the heck outta them by pulling pranks, making weird noises etc. Oh, and I'd come out with some made-up facts concerning the dangers of being trapped in an elevator. :P

Melody
July 26th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Press the emergency button, use the emergency phone if needed, Wait paitently, pass time with my Zune either watching videos or listening to music while I waited for them to dig me and whoever else I was with out of the elevator.

Belong
July 26th, 2009, 03:44 PM
wow, you dont see questions like this everyday. well i would do a multiple of things...

1. Run around panicking and saying "IM GONNA DIE"
2. push random buttons till i find the HELP button
3. Annoy the hell out of the person with me (if there was one)
4. Press the Help button then sit down and either listen to music or play my DS
5. go to sleep and forget about the situation...

And like I said, Intresting question...

Gewitterdrache27
July 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I'd press the emergency button, then try to relax as much as possible, as to use as little air as I can, to minimize my suffocation chances.

poke-ranger
July 27th, 2009, 04:30 AM
I'd press the emergency button, then try to relax as much as possible, as to use as little air as I can, to minimize my suffocation chances.

it would be very unlikely that you'd be in an air tight elevator :P

funny1always
August 11th, 2009, 06:37 AM
I would randomly press the bouttons

Alexithymia~
August 11th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Umm, I'd push the emergancy button, use the phone and if I was alone in the elevator, I'd fill my time, waiting for them to come get me, by doing stupid stuff.

If I was with other people, I'd probably just strike up a friendly conversation about .. HOW WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE, and freak them out ;>

Graceful
August 11th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Phone the police(Emergency Services) Then.......Listen to green Day on my mobile......and maybe cry.......

Tater Tot
August 11th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Press the emergency button after I'm done with my panic attack.

Gumball Watterson
August 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
If it had windows, look out of it and calmly wait.

If it had no windows, I'd probably puke, because I get kind of claustrophobic in elevators with no windows...

I'd do that, but only with the Windows OS XD *shot*

Umm... Chances are I'd probably be alone so I'd spam the emergency button XD. But if there was a girl next to me...>:D.....

...Cookies anyone?

.little monster
August 11th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I wont do anything except wait.

Aurafire
August 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Press the emergency button and wait while entertaining myself with whatever was available.

mew²
August 12th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I'd start making out with the hottest girl in the elevator. And if I got bored of her, I'd call 911 and say something along these lines....

"Help! I'm stuck in an elevator and some 21 year old tried to do nasty stuff with me! I am only 13 and I am scarred! Save me!!!!!!"

d: I dont know....

Immortal Carnage
August 12th, 2009, 11:09 AM
id do a little dance....then scream like a chimpanzee...yay for random...

Napalm
August 13th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Get a life
Listen to pop
Think About Rubber Flavoured Pizzas

Listen to death metal on my iPod til I die.

Logiedan
August 13th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Press the Emergency button. After two seconds. I lose hope.
and go mad. and talk to myself in a corner saying "I'm going to die." repetitively.
I'll probably eat the floor to suffice my hunger. : D.

Reminiscing
August 13th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I don't really know,maybe I'll just stare at someone if there's someone with me.

arceusx
August 13th, 2009, 06:06 AM
I'd flip the #$%^ out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naruto Uzumaki
August 13th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I'd probably panic then tire myself out trying to get myself out.

twocows
August 13th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I'd probably have my laptop with me (I always do, I take it everywhere), so I'd play episode 57 of Cardcaptor Sakura ("Sakura, Shaoran, and the Elevator"). It's one of my favorite episodes.

That'd probably kill off about 1/3 of the time it takes them to get us out (I'd assume it takes about an hour to un-stick an elevator), so after that, it'd depend on the circumstances. If there were other people in the elevator, I'd most likely just talk or whatever until the rescue teams came. If not, I'd just lay down and take a nap or something (I can sleep anywhere, including on floors; hopefully I wouldn't scare the rescue teams into thinking I was dead or anything).

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM
There are a few possibilities of what i might do.

With People Inside
1.Run around screaming about claustrophobia and knocking people around.
2.Tell everyone to stop breathing my air.
3.Eat garlic or onions/ beans are another andidate

Alone
1.Curl up in a ball and wait to be rescued because I'm claustrophobic.
2.Run around screaming and banging the walls till someone hears me.
3.Use the phone.

Disturbed
August 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Depends on who I'm with. [/PG13]
Erm... twiddle my thumbs with honor and pride.

beauty. proletariat
August 14th, 2009, 04:23 PM
If I was with my girlfriend... ;) Its not something to be posting here XD

If its alone I'd just sit and wait; if theres reception in the lift, then I'd go on msn or pc or something

(b',')b

Soul Eater
August 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'd probably panic. I had a bad experience with a glass elevator once. We were in Montreal and I was like what... three? Anyway, I was so busy looking out the glass window to my parents got off... so yeah.

I think I would panic because I just don't like elevators unless my dad or both parents are with me. D:

s0nido
August 15th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Press the emergency button and play my DS until I'm rescued. :|

pink-tiger
August 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I dont know what I would do stuck in an elevator, but if its for a long long long time.... I think i'll eventually start singing my own concert. hehe.