PDA

View Full Version : Canker Sores

Xairmo
July 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
We all get them, and they hurt oh so much. So my what I wanna know, how do you deal with them? And how bad do you get them?

I recently got my wisdom teeth pulled last Tuesday, and two day later I got 4 canker sores on the inside of my bottom lip. It is extremely painful and very frustrating. I've rinsed my mouth with salt water, taken L-Lysine, used Orajel, and Kanka. None work for me, but others tell me they've worked wonders for them. What about you guys?

Gizamimi Pichu
July 26th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Have you tried listerine? That's helped me before. I'd also recommend baking soda + water. If you mix it into a paste, and apply it to the sore, I hear that works pretty well. You can also try rinsing your mouth out with it as well (add more water in this case, don't make it like a paste.)

donavannj
July 26th, 2009, 06:06 AM
You could apply a pickle to it, since it's pickled in vinegar.

.Ozymandias
July 26th, 2009, 06:27 AM
I used to get them a lot with my braces, and found sucking an ice cube while holding it on top of the sore helped.

Yamikarasu
July 26th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I'm pretty sure I got a few of those when I had braces, but they must not have been very bad since I never did anything about them. My friend just used soda water, so that might do something.

Captain Fabio
July 26th, 2009, 09:37 AM
You mean Mouth Ulcers?
Different name in England.

Never had one.

Rokusasu
July 26th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I used to get them all the time when I first had braces. >_<; I just sucked on ice cubes, which has already been suggested. XD Dunno if you have Bonjela over there, but I found that helped too. :3

.little monster
July 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Never had one either. o3o

Ayselipera
July 26th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I get them when ever I eat a lot of sugar or citrus fruits. We have some canker sore medicine in the house which always does the trick.

Spearow
July 26th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Everyone should post their canker sore pics here!

(just kidding that would be gross)

ALC_Allstar
July 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I always get canker sores when my family goes out to eat. I can't enjoy the food then even if its my favorite. I just let them heal on my own.

Citrinin
July 26th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Ugh, I hate canker sores/mouth ulcers. >_<; I generally just let them heal on their own and try not to irritate them.

Vanilla Kitsune
July 26th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I get them all the time because of my braces. They used to be horrible back when I first got them. Normally, I use Ora-gel the Orthodontist gives to us for free to get rid of them