PDA

View Full Version : Role Models

Patchisou Yutohru
July 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM
We all have our fair share of role models. Friends, relatives, random celebrites, people you meet on the street... and then there's the other people. The people you have no idea about except from what they put online and tell you.

That being said, have you ever had a role model on the internet? Perhaps they were members here at. When you joined, did you ever look up to someone and go "I want to be like him/her"? Do you still have people that you look up to now that you've been around X days/months/years?

Too many threads relating to PC members in specific... :( Sorry to add to this, but I've been wondering this for a while now.

Zet
July 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM
My role model is that Abercrombie guy that everyone talks about these days and his awesome moderating skills

donavannj
July 25th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Never had any internet role models. Except maybe the admins on the first forum I joined, which was a Sim City fansite. I've since come to see them as my fellow Sim City players, though most stopped playing long ago.

Guillermo
July 25th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Um, I dunno. I've really always just done my own thing online, but there's still a few people I look up to and admire.

Forever
July 25th, 2009, 10:47 PM
When I first joined PC, I looked up to... people with higher post counts. One of those being... oh God, I doubt that's even your username anymore, but I only remember two of your usernames soo... Himawarii/Kanna-chan... I dunno, she seemed so popular and well known, so I went through a stage in which I wanted to be like her and others similar. I guess that's also where my flaws are -- as far as post count and... not staying true to myself go.

Over time... I guess I looked up to Malyka because she was liked... Siggy too, in that sense. But neither of them are my role models though.

... But, overall, I guess my role models are... the ones who are true to themselves, and good people. Not saying that the other people mentioned in this post aren't, but the ones that don't notice how good they are. I just.. like everyone else probably, just want to be liked and that's why I try to base my role models upon people that display certain likable qualities.

Tyrantrum
July 26th, 2009, 12:42 AM
It used to be Adam Sandler, because he was one of my favorite actors/comedians. He still is my favorite, just not a role model. I really don't have any role models now-a-days.

Kazukii
July 26th, 2009, 12:45 AM
On here; Erica, I've always seen her as a great role model & she's pretty diplomatic.
Male Celebrity; Adam Sandler like Wind said
Female Celebrity; Sandra Bullock

Camisado
July 26th, 2009, 12:47 AM
My role model, when I first came to the fandom on the internet, was Jax - she's Valentine on PC.

I still think she's downright awesome, but we're friends instead xD

Alinthea
July 26th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Nope, I don't have any.
Never looked up to anyone except my Dad.

Guillermo
July 26th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Nope, I don't have any.
Never looked up to anyone except my Dad.

Right, that was who I was looking for. My dad means a great deal to me and he's been through so much, yet managed to stay strong. I admire what he's capable of and I really, really look up to him.

Anxiety.
July 26th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Nobody on here. But I do have two role models in real life.
The Soranator
SonicSamm/ZeroElectronik

That's the names you probably know them by, if you know them at all. The Soranator is my sister, SonicSamm is my friend.

Bella_909
July 26th, 2009, 04:30 AM
I cant really name any one on here due to the fact I dont really know anyone. However, if I had to name a person who I look up to. It would have to be Elizabeth Catlett. Such a talent women!

Rokusasu
July 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM
My mum, because she's just awesome.<3 She's true to herself, and doesn't let anything get her down, ever. ^_^

Spearow
July 26th, 2009, 04:35 PM
My uncle, this dude who teaches me karate and used to teach me how to act, and an instructor I had at Shakespeare camp. They're all named Michael. coincidence? NOOO I DON'T THINK SO

also this guy named steven who is a sailor and a philosopher and a historian and god knows what else. He's really cool.

So basically any male who is intelligent and knowledgeable and understanding, who pays attention and doesn't condescend to me. JK JK they can be female also, but they have to have the aforementioned qualities

Ayselipera
July 26th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I've never had a role model whether online or in real life. Thats not too say I think I'm better then everyone. Really thats not it at all. Its just that there really isn't anyone I want to be like. I mean there are people I admire, but I've never actually wanted to be them. I just think its better to aspire to be someone different then to try to be like someone else.

The Scientist
July 26th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I speak with pictures.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/TristinCrow/GIFs/Bill.gif

Belong
July 27th, 2009, 03:49 AM
I usually look up to moderators and also people with the most popularity. if there was a specific person that I would look up to it would be ShinjisLover (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=123056).

Venusaur♣
July 27th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Usually people who are Mods like Rukario. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=2)

Or other mods/people with higher posts like Loki parallellines.

Cherrim
July 27th, 2009, 08:50 AM
On the internet, I've had a few role models. Most notably (and the first person who comes to mind) is the older PC member Kairi. She's never around (even off PC) anymore but I always looked up to her when she was.

Otherwise the rest of my "heroes" are more or less fictional.
I speak with pictures.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/TristinCrow/GIFs/Bill.gif
klfjsdfjlsdk I agree with this post so hard.

.Seth
July 27th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I don't really have any online role models, though I did look up to Wind~ (Michael) back when I first joined PC. :|
But yeah, real life roles models would have to be my parents.

mystletainn
July 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I looked up to Loki and David (parallelines) when I first joined.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 27th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I've never had a role model whether online or in real life. Thats not too say I think I'm better then everyone. Really thats not it at all. Its just that there really isn't anyone I want to be like. I mean there are people I admire, but I've never actually wanted to be them. I just think its better to aspire to be someone different then to try to be like someone else.This.

And of course I don't want to be like anyone I've met online. In fact, I often try NOT to be like some of the people on here. XD

Michii
July 27th, 2009, 06:02 PM
You know, I have role models both in real life and here. It's not because I want to be like them, it's because I look up to the way they've learned how to do something or what they've done. I use it not as something I strive to do, but something that I want to learn from to better myself and push myself to be a more rounded person.

Offline, I look up to my mother a lot. She had the guts to leave my father and then be a single mother. She even accepted that she couldn't do everything alone and moved into her parents house with her children. She didn't always do the right thing (not one person on the planet is perfect), but she has shown me that something bad can be turned into something fantastic. She's a wonderful mother and I hope to use what she's taught me to help my own children.

I respect my maternal grandparents too. They were my second (and third XD) parents and amazing. Grandpa started teaching me how to read at two, and he's a big reason why I'm gifted academically. I look up to how both of them worried about us more than themselves and it's stimulated me to be a more caring person.

My step father is yet another role model of mine. He's a decade my mother's junior, and he was tested when they were dated. Here was this woman with two children, one of which was young. He could have just been like "nahhh, wtf am I getting myself into?" but he loved my mother and myself anyway and stuck through many highs and lows. He also doesn't care about what anyone thinks about him. He's himself and that's it; no one's opinions sway his. I look up to that greatly, especially since I struggle in real life with marching to my own beat.

I have many other role models offline. I look up to some of my teachers and friends. I even look up to my enemies (no one is all bad. Just because they don't like me doesn't mean they have things that you can look up to). And while I don't want to conform to everyone's respectable qualities, I want to use them to further myself to become a better person.

I look up to almost everybody here as well. There's people like Loki, Signomi, vVintage, etc who are amazing in the art department. Like, I remember joining PC in January '08 and immediately heavily lurking the graphics section. Loki's was one of the gallery's that I read through. I thought she was amazing then, but after a year and a half, I've seen her get even better. It shows me that we can all further ourselves. There is always something to get better at, and no one is perfect. Signomi is amazing at drawing. I'm horrible at drawing, and look up to her skills greatly. I value her eye for color greatly and hope that I will be able to draw and visualize things like she does someday. And vVintage? Ioevenknow. Just like WOAHMYGOD amazing artwork. She uses unorthodox techniques and has this awesome style that I look up to. It shows me that nothing has to be COLOR. C4D. EIGHT TEXTURES. IMAGE. COLOR LAYER. TEXT. It's pretty cool.

I look up to all of my close online friends here too. X-626 (don't worry, I'm using usernames for everyone) is very patient and understanding. He's like, always ready to help someone even though he won't sing the song that never ends D:. Mika is extremely helpful. She's an excellent person to talk to and helps me out without sugarcoating anything. I feel like I can trust her completely. Sublime is a wonderful friend who is always there and someone I can trust also. He doesn't take things to heart either. Gummy is a fantastical friend who always worries about someone else. If his house is like, on fire, he'll be all "WOAHMYGOD are you ok?" to someone who had a bad day. Franceschi is uberly kind with little if any mean bones in her body. Ralph! is fun loving and isn't afraid to be himself, which I look up to for the same reason I look up to my step dad. I look up to many more of my friends, but I'm horribly rambling now XD;.

Almost 4,000 characters in MS word. Holy crap, talk about a tl;dr. But whatever, I don't care. I respect and look up to a lot of people. As much as I want to COMPLETELY be my own being, I wouldn't be me without my role models. They're what makes me different; what MAKES me the person what I am. :]

Giraffles <3
July 27th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I need to make some online friends before I can look up to any :3.

Vie
July 28th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I look up to keira knightley. She is the best actress I've ever seen, and she is my role model though I doubt that my skills can reach hers someday. But I'll work on it. :D

I do not copy people or try to be like them, but I think its good to have a role model so you can see what you would like to be able to do someday.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 28th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I really don't have any rolemodels i dont know why though

:t354:TG

.little monster
July 28th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I've already thought about this so my post will be short and sweet (like your mom.)

My e-role model would be Midori Chi. She is awesome in every way. :3

.inLOVE
August 5th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I used to look up to people I thought were popular. Being Nica, Malyka, Wind~, and all of the staff. I wanted to be like them, I wanted to be known, I wanted people to like me. Now I realize that I don't need so-called "popular" people to like me. (Not the people I named, I mean populars in general.) I'm me, I don't try to pretend to be someone else anymore. If someone doesn't like me, tough crap. Not having one more person to like me isn't a big deal. I have people that do like me.

...I'm off track. XD The point is, I look up to my absolute true friends, the people who go all the way for me, and don't backstab me to get the edge on somebody. Those people are mainly Gummy, Guillermo, bgt, Wind~, milkii (how ever you spell it), and Fox♠.

Graceful
August 5th, 2009, 09:32 AM
RL role models : Hikaru Utada , Billie-Joe Armstrong(Only as he is talented in music and I really wanna be like him musically. But not the other side like Criminal Convictions etc)
PC: My pair Wolfie-Kun, and my partner in Crime,thunder!

A Real True Winner Is Me
August 7th, 2009, 09:36 AM
My Role Models are the singers of the following bands:
The Script
This Providence
Parachute VA.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 7th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Usually writers, famous leaders, and weird people who do weird things. Like Schrodinger and Isaac Newton.