PDA

View Full Version : What's the definition of a good person in your opinion?

Forever
July 26th, 2009, 03:11 AM
We all have flaws and faults but what actually makes someone a good person? Whether it be that they are self-less, loyal... what do you consider those traits to be? Is there even such a thing as a good person in this society we live in?

I believe that a good person is one that... values their friends feelings over themselves, no matter what. Although that's a hard thing to do all the time... but someone that actually generally cares about others and their lives. Another value that I think a good person has... is that they are just generally a nice person. I know I'm not exactly what I describe, but that's how I feel about what a good person has to possess.

Signomi
July 26th, 2009, 03:21 AM
The basic ingredients to form the heart of a good person is a caring and loving demeanour, one who shows consideration towards another and is inclined to live a prosperous life getting along with the community and playing their part in making a safe haven of our earth. Typically this is what one would think a good person actually is, but naturally we do have our emotional quirks such as selfishness, sadness, disregard, greed, envy, and so forth; humanity has a tendency to sin, which is unavoidable as we are surrounded by more than one of our kind, and a mood of a person can completely manipulate their motivation to be good-willed and that doesn’t necessarily make them bad, it is only when they are completely consumed by that sort of mentality that their sanity and regard for other people comes into question.

A person must show that they have moral standards and are always keen on doing the right thing for not just themselves, but for other people. Having been taught rules of how to go about dealing with situations in their life depending on the values that surrounded their childhood, we grow up learning just how to improve ourselves and...to those who could not care less; tossing away what they've learned for a life of sneak and desire, they devolve into something rather nasty, there leaves something more to be desired in those who just want to terrorise others and that is never the ideal route people would choose to go on an instinct, something would have had to drive them to that level in the first place. Things may happen in your life but that should not be enough reason to destroy your etiquette.

But life is a fork in the road, two paths you choose depending on just what has happened so far during your years of living and where you want to be going from then on. Only those who willingly choose a life where they constantly grace boundless desire for a happy world and tenderness can easily be considered a good person.

donavannj
July 26th, 2009, 03:22 AM
I believe that a good person is one that... values their friends feelings over themselves, no matter what. Although that's a hard thing to do all the time... but someone that actually generally cares about others and their lives. Another value that I think a good person has... is that they are just generally a nice person. I know I'm not exactly what I describe, but that's how I feel about what a good person has to possess.

Okay, I lose there. I'm not a good person in your book! XD

On a serious note, I am considered by most to be a nice person.

EDIT: I think sincerity is the best quality for a person to have.

Bella_909
July 26th, 2009, 03:27 AM
This is a hard one. However, for me. I feel a good person consists of someone who is not selfish. Someone who kind and friendly and of course, Think about others.

Anxiety.
July 26th, 2009, 03:57 AM
A good person doesn't really exist. Nobody is good in my eyes.
Although, if they were, they would be loyal, caring, selfless, and open minded.

Alinthea
July 26th, 2009, 05:12 AM
A good person doesn't really exist. Nobody is good in my eyes.
Although, if they were, they would be loyal, caring, selfless, and open minded.
Then you need to get out more.

Good person needs to be genuine.

Anxiety.
July 26th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Then you need to get out more.

Good person needs to be genuine.

Hm? What do you mean?

And, I do need to get out more, but that's just because I'm becoming pale and ill from lack of sunlight :/

Tater Tot
July 26th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Someone who excepts a person for who they are, and gets to know them before they call any flaws about the person. Someone who doesn't expect you to be a certain way, or do a certain thing, or stop something that the person has no business in voicing their opinion on. A person who stops and looks and the other person's point of view before they get angry, rather than just jumping to conclusions too quickly.

I see that in very few people. :l

Gold warehouse
July 26th, 2009, 05:36 AM
I value qualities such as honesty and loyalty more than I value kindness or generousity.
Although, nobody's perfect and I generally say that everybody is good unless they purposefully cause pain or misery to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Venusaur♣
July 26th, 2009, 08:58 AM
A person who is nice, caring and helpful. A person who would stop and help a complete stranger if they needed help, a person who would help an old lady across the street (lol), and everything that goes into that category.

Eucliffe
July 26th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Good
of a favorable character or tendency.

So my definition of a good person is a person of a favorable character or tendency.

In other words, someone who treats everyone else equally, despite social class, beliefs, etc., and helps others out even if it clashes with their own time. Of course, they wouldn't always be doing something like this. They would also treat all their friends equally and consider no friend better than another, and if one friend clashes with another, they'd try to stop it and have the two people make up.

Idk.

ShinjisLover
July 26th, 2009, 09:18 AM
~♥ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=134414)

Someone who is willing to speak their mind and not be afraid to be blunt about it without going overboard and insulting people's opinions or beliefs. At least that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Guillermo
July 26th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Honesty, love, respect and people that don't lack common sense.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 28th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I really don't think theres a good person, they may do good things, but it doesn't mean that they are good

:t354:TG

.little monster
July 28th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Someone who respects every person alive. They don't hate others because of their nationality/race/religion/etc.

Ayselipera
July 28th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Well a good person to me is someone who is open minded and excepts everyone for who they are. They also don't insult people or think different of them just because they think differently then most people. They are considerate of other peoples feelings and they stand up for their friends when they're hurt by other people.