PDA

View Full Version : How did you find PC?

Owl
July 26th, 2009, 09:37 AM
So how did you find it? Did someone tell you or did you just happen upon it?

donavannj
July 26th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I believe I was searching for Pokemon sites via Google. This was one of several I joined. This one stuck, though.

Ascaris
July 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I heard about the PokeCommunity back in 2007 when I was a member on Serebii. I didn't bother joining till 2008 when I wanted to get more feedback on the fanfic I had written which kept being pushed back on SPPF.

Kazukii
July 26th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I found it off google.. it was the #1 result!

Anxiety.
July 26th, 2009, 10:04 AM
My friend told me about it. I thought, why not give it a go xD

Camisado
July 26th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I'm pretty sure I found it via Google, but I'm not sure now o.o

.Seth
July 26th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I was searching for "how to make a pokemon game" and found the ROM Hacking section @ PC. So I signed up and here I am.

Snivi
July 26th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I believe someone told me but that person quit PC a long time ago.

Lie Ren
July 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hmm.. if memory serves, I was searching for Pokemon skins for a certain program, as well as looking up some ROMs. Even though I've never been too into ROM hacking, it was pretty much the reason that I found this place.

Caelus
July 26th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I typed in Pokemon Ruby Destiny after seeing some videos of it on Youtube and the first link lead to its thread. I found PC again when members in Serebii mentioned it and that was about the time I joined.

ShinjisLover
July 26th, 2009, 11:28 AM
My friend, wolFLARE, told me about this place on a different forum.

wolf
July 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I was looking up Pokemon Platinum on Google and PC kept showing. :P

H-King
July 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I searched "pokemon" on google and found it.

.Ozymandias
July 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I was seeking a Pokémon forum to join, and this one popped up on google.

Lucent
July 26th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I recalled seeing something about a "ShinyGold" game while going through Youtube. It had a link leading to the SG thread on PokeCommunity. And because it was a second gen. "remake", I just HAD to download it XD

Sora
July 26th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I was bored on day, and I was in a PokeSpecial Obsession (Like I am now. orx. XD; ) mode. My brain was all "you need to find a place where they talk about PokeSpe, like a forum". So I searched on Google, and PC came up. :D And so, I signed-up.

processr
July 26th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Probably searched "Pokémon forum" on Google, I don't really remember. It was over four years ago, in my defence. xD;

Rokusasu
July 26th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I was watching a Shiny Gold playthrough on YouTube, and thought: "Hey, I wanna play that. :P" So I joined to download ROMs.

Timbjerr
July 26th, 2009, 12:25 PM
After being banned from PTCO in the summer of 2002, I had to find another pokemon site to get all my information from. I stumbled upon PE2K, and that was my resource for all my R/S pre-release news at the time. In December of 2002, I eventually registered at their forums, which at the time linked here. I've been through so much and used so many accounts here that when I came back here for the first time in two years last month, I decided to open a new account instead of using my old one (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=35).

Giraffes? Giraffes!
July 26th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Well, apparently i found it 2 years ago, i don't even remember visiting this site let alone signing up :P i then registered again in around april? on a new account then i realized i had an account on this email. But, the way i found it back then was probably random, as it was back in april, so honestly i don't know D:

Alinthea
July 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I don't remember.
I think, however, it was a Google search...

Bella_909
July 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I found the same way the person before me too. "Google" :D YAY

Melody
July 26th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Google.

I literally found it by searching for pokemon forums on Google, back in 2004. I had full intentions of joining some forum when I executed the search too, I was just looking for a friendly enough community. Serebii failed, PE2K failed, Bulbagarden failed due to the fact it was smaller back then. I joined PC, and I seriously don't look back and regret that choice, I've made good friends here. Not to mention that it's not so small that I'd be handed responsibility out of the blue. I have fun here. :D

It's true I've always wanted to help PC, but I've always felt, since I joined even, that earning that right is more satisfying than asking, and just getting it with no questions asked.

Ayselipera
July 26th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I typed in Pokemon Forum and this popped up.

Alekeen'
July 26th, 2009, 01:44 PM
My friend told me that there was a "Pokemon Pink" version, so I wanted to play it and came across Pokemon Brown :P
I really liked the game, so I was looking for more, and I came across Pokecommunity :D
And yeah....Shiny Gold <.<

Avey
July 26th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Like most, I heard of Shiny Gold and ended up here. Didn't know I'd be sticking around though.

Aurafire
July 26th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I was referred by Volkner's Apprentice, who's a close friend of mine. He told me to join, and so I did =P

Jack O'Neill
July 26th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I was referred here by a former friend. Everything else is history.

Cid
July 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I heard of Pokemon Shiny Gold in December 2007 (and since I loved the Johto region for the simple fact that my first Pokemon game took place there, I said why not give it a go), so I tried to Google it.
And I found the PokeCommunity Forums.

I didn't join until March 2008, though, just lurked. I don't remember why, though.

xxxLatiasxxx
July 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM
I just found PC randomly I was looking for a Pokemon site to join.

Hiidoran
July 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I remember getting my hands on a ROM hack many years ago, and I began wondering how someone was able to modify the game like that. After a little bit of Googling, I was brought to the ROM hacking resources of PC.

Eventually I got hooked enough to join, and even further down the line I left the sanctity of the ROM Hacking boards and ventured out into the other, more frightening boards. Only then did I realize what I'd been missing from PC - I've been addicted ever since. :D

Citrinin
July 26th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I initially found this place through a search engine, trying to get help with the games. However, what I found was a bustling and thriving community. So I decided to lurk for a while, and then register. ^^

Soul Eater
July 26th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Actually, I discovered it on RXN. I realized that some of my past friends had been here and I've been here ever since. :D

Guillermo
July 26th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I actually knew about PC before I joined, and I was planning on joining like, months before I actually did but I kept forgetting. lol. :[

deliriouspurple
July 27th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Looking for something to past time like to play hacks like Shiny Gold.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 27th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I found it by myself while looking for Pokemon forums since I was kicked off of serebii.net

:t354:TG

Blue_Drifblim
July 27th, 2009, 10:15 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯ Beats me. All I know is that I found it and didn't join for like a couple of months. I'm here now, though... Maybe somebody linked it somewhere.

Pyrax
July 27th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I found PC through Google.

Bagel
July 27th, 2009, 11:28 AM
about the same as anyone else.

i was searching information on platinum on google and found it.

ive really enjoyed it and have told many friends about it.