PDA

View Full Version : Whats your dream job?

Belong
July 26th, 2009, 05:37 PM
hey, i know this is random but everyone needs some randomness in their life, right? soo, whats your dream job? I mean, the job that you want cuz you would like to work their, not because of how much money you would make.

Åzurε
July 26th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Advanced nanotech.

I'm into engineering and science rather strongly, so just about anything along that vein would be good for me. As would medicine. Actually helping, though. Not just spewing out drugs.

Gewitterdrache27
July 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Experimental Geneticist.

My dream is to create a fast-growing, bulk-bearing, and hugely adaptable super-crop to end world hunger.

Ayselipera
July 26th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Movie Director.

I really love movies and I'm very passionate about becoming a movie director.

.little monster
July 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Physicist

I was always fascinated by how things work and why.

Greene1516
July 26th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Something where I could make a difference in the world would be my dream job, be that in medicine, computer intelligence, or what have you.

xxxLatiasxxx
July 26th, 2009, 08:35 PM
My dream job is to be a Video Game Designer.

Hiidoran
July 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Right now, my dream job would be to teach Japanese at the high school level. I know, not the biggest aspiration in the world, but that's truly what I want to do in the future. The people, the culture, and the language - just amazing.

Too bad it looks as if I'm going to be teaching English as a Foreign Language instead. Not exactly what I wanted, but hey, at least I'm teaching a language, right? :3

Flashpoint
July 26th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I would like o be a pro skateboarder because its very spacious and fun, so much freedom, currently im gathering recordings of me doing tricks off stairs and doing gaps to send in for a sponsorship, and currently no board!!

The Scientist
July 26th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Advanced nanotech.

Experimental Geneticist.

Physicist

http://www.ubercharged.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/dodge_challenger_appears.gif

Citrinin
July 26th, 2009, 09:44 PM
As far as a dream job goes, probably an author. I love writing, and it's something I'll definitely keep as a hobby. However, as I'm more of a pragmatist, I'm not pursuing this career.

Anxiety.
July 27th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Forensic scientist or Game designer is good for me.
And, I'm going for Forensic science at the moment.

donavannj
July 27th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Network Analyst/Administrator. I would have to learn a lot of programming to get a top level job in this field, which is something I wanted to learn anyways.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 27th, 2009, 05:59 AM
I've always wanted to be a body piercer or either a Crime Scene Investigator

:t354:TG

The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
July 27th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Lawyer! I want to be one... i dont know. I just like the job.

Or, game programmer/developer.

Cherrim
July 27th, 2009, 09:26 AM
My dream job is sitting around doing nothing all day or traveling the world visiting people because I won the lottery and never have to work again.

...I can dream, can't I?

But seriously, something with flexible hours and internet connection (and a boss who doesn't really care if I goof around online so long as I get all my work done). And nice pay. I've got all but the flexible hours right now. :C

mystletainn
July 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM
My dream job is to be Jay Leno's chin.

(Teacher or writer)

Owl
July 27th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Zoologist, I LOVE animals. I have been studying them ever since I could read :). My first ever book that I read was about Lions (cartoony ones :3).

The Scientist
July 27th, 2009, 01:36 PM
My dream job is sitting around doing nothing all day or traveling the world visiting people because I won the lottery and never have to work again.

...I can dream, can't I?

But seriously, something with flexible hours and internet connection (and a boss who doesn't really care if I goof around online so long as I get all my work done). And nice pay. I've got all but the flexible hours right now. :C

You should do what I did/am currently doing.

1) Apply to university
2) Get accepted
3) Utilize financial aid and apply for as many scholarships as humanly possible
4) Have your tuition overpaid
5) Collect the difference in CASH
6) Transfer to a new university the following year
7) Repeat steps 1-6 until you have 20 Ph.Ds

CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST BEAT SOCIETY

xxemeneminyxx
July 27th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Ruler of the world hehe ... well I would love to teach ballet or dance ballet or be a lecturer. Or work with animals.

Lie Ren
July 27th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Right now, my dream job would be to teach Japanese at the high school level. I know, not the biggest aspiration in the world, but that's truly what I want to do in the future. The people, the culture, and the language - just amazing.

That. xD

Or at least that's one of them, but at this rate it seems rather unreachable. :/ I would love to major in Japanese, and teach it, or even translate it. Japan aside, I' also love to get into voice acting, for some odd reason. That's not going to happen anytime soon either, because I live too far away from most of the bigger studios. Meh.

Still, those are the three things on the top of my 'dream job' list.

EmeraldSky
July 27th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Writer of the next hot fantasy series

Camisado
July 27th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I'm kind of in my dream job, come across by complete fantastic coincidence when I left school.

I'm currently an apprentice in IT Services - I'm technical support for my local County Council.

I love helping people fix their problems and getting my hands into computers and network cabinets xD so when I finish my apprenticeship, I'm so set for life.

If I had to pick something else though, I think I'd like to be in GIS (Geographical Information Systems) as I wanted to go into either computers or geology, and this combines both.

NarutoActor
July 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
geting paid a decent amount to rom hack

Wings Don't Cry
July 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I want to teach English in a foreign High School, like Japan or France etc....

Then I'll be making great money and I'll get to learn another language

Manaphy1128
July 27th, 2009, 04:59 PM
The absolute best thing would be to become an author or poet, since I already do a lot of both (mostly poetry, but some short stories).

And I'd love to be a doujinshi artist, but I can't draw, so maybe I could write out the script?

Michii
July 27th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I don't have my mind set on anything in particular for my future. I'm tied with about eight different majors right now, and I'll only be able to pick two :/. But I'd love to have a job that allows me to spend time with my family. I don't want to have to commute hours to get to my job either, and I don't want to have to bow down to someone in order to get my paycheck. I'd like to do something that's fun and that I can shape myself. Something that always brings surprises would be amazing. ^^

Halcyon
July 28th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Hmmm... a chef or some celebrity getting to travel all around the world tasting different types of gourmet food!
It would be fun and I can add some weight too! :D

Vie
July 28th, 2009, 04:24 AM
my dream job would be actress.