PDA

View Full Version : Can you fake an accent?

Forever
July 27th, 2009, 12:58 AM
"Yeah I can fake any accent very very very goodly I can fake a muslim accent as well because I've been around many many ethnic minorities doing my public answer eatings and that's been American experience"

^ ... Is what we got from Siggy trying to fake an accent.

So uh... can you fake one? XD;

I can only fake like a few words in a few languages ;;

Signomi
July 27th, 2009, 01:02 AM
"Yeah I can fake any accent very very very goodly I can fake a muslim accent as well because I've been around many many ethnic minorities doing my public answer eatings and that's been American experience"

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1215457/lool.mp3

Also,

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1215457/hakeen.mp3

...I don't do it to make fun of people, but I just find it very amusing to try and imitate people and to have fun just trying to string my words along.

Kazukii
July 27th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Nope I can't do accents properly because I'll always burst into laughter.. I can't sustain long XD;

Camisado
July 27th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Sometimes I can do a northern English accent (I'm south western), sometimes "proper" English.

I'm not very good at other accents though - I'm sure people would find them insulting xD

I used to record a "radio show" for the lulz with a friend on my cassette recorder years ago, and we had American and Jamaican characters for some reason. It was hilarious at the time.

processr
July 27th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I can do a variety of accents from around the British Isles; I can accentuate my south west accent to make it sound stereotypical, and I can go for Bristol, Wales, Birmingham, Ireland, Scotland, the north of England and an even more heavily stereotypical London accent. There's also the stereotypical American accent that we Brits sometimes use, though I've no idea where to place it on a map. Probably the deep south. xD

Nintendoowned
July 27th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I am Aussie, so it is easy for me to do an English, or Irish accent and I have a scottish Grandmother/Gradnfather, so I can impersonate that too.

donavannj
July 27th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I can't really fake any accent. Except the stereotypical Minnesota accent, and that's more a matter of changing up some words in my vocabulary for me. I don't pick up on accents too well, and the only accents I've heard in amounts where I could imitate them a bit (albeit terribly) are the New York, New York accent and the Missouri accent. Maybe those of Wisconsinites and Iowans, but to me, they don't sound very different at all. Maybe a Chicago accent, since it's not a big stretch.

Jorah
July 27th, 2009, 04:05 AM
No, I'm horrible at it XD It's hard enough for me to try and talk in the "proper British" accent, let alone other regional accents or accents from other countries XD Although, some people have said I randomly pronounce some words with a Geordie accent, which is weird since I live in the South West and know no one from the North of England o.O All I can really do is make my own accent stronger or posher XDD

Cherrim
July 27th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Nope, can't do it. x_X; It kinda sucks because my dad and brother can and when we're joking around I can't join in properly because I can't fake accents if they're using them. ;~; I can't even do a crappy British or Australian accent haha.

I think I can do a horrible hick Canadian one though. XD;

Anxiety.
July 27th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Not really. Well, I can kind of do a Scottish accent, or a Welsh one, if I really try to.

ShinjisLover
July 27th, 2009, 05:18 AM
No, I can't really do anything with my voice other than speak normally. XD

Glad to see I'm not the only one~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 27th, 2009, 06:01 AM
We all have accents, but I'm pretty good at faking an southern accent

:t354:TG

digi-kun
July 27th, 2009, 06:03 AM
mmm, I as far as accents go, I can mainly only do generic stereotypical (semi-racist) accents. I can't actually fake a real accent though XD

The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
July 27th, 2009, 06:08 AM
I can't, no. XD
Its impossible for me. Anything but that. -try to stay awake in the classroom - NOOOOOOOOO

XD

Pyrax
July 27th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I can do Scottish and French accents.

Corvus of the Black Night
July 27th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I can imitate Russian and British accents (note plural), but sometimes when talking to people with a thick accent, I imitate it unknowingly... UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE

@ Signomi - Good attempt, I can still hear a bit of your natural accent in there but it's still very good. :3

machinegun777
July 27th, 2009, 06:53 AM
No, I can't fake any accents. Well, I guess if I really tried hard I might be able to do a British accent xD

MewMewXX
July 27th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I can do a scary Russian accent. And I think I have a Devonshire accent, because I live there! XD

Avey
July 27th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I can do an okay English accent but... that's it.

lucario giavlés
July 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
i can fake an irish accent (im part irish XD no wonder i can fake it so well)*aye just a wee bit laddie* and an astrulain accent (u ok mate? r ya sure? tht crock almost got ya)

the scary thing is: im not astrulaian O.o

Ricky429
July 27th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I can do a very good scottish accent. I can imitate Sean Connery very well now yay!!

Saltare.
July 27th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah. I can fake a british accent and a southern one.

Jack O'Neill
July 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I can do southern United States, Scottish, stereotypical South Asian, and stereotypical East/Southeast Asian with an actual degree of success. I can also do a few others, such as Minnesotan, New Yorker, Jamaican, stereotypical English, Irish, German, stereotypical Scandinavian, and stereotypical Eastern European, albeit with less consistency.

Citrinin
July 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
No. But I have a friend that is absolutely brilliant at doing accents.

It's kind of scary how well he does them. XD

Michii
July 27th, 2009, 09:17 PM
This is what happened:

-clicked in thread-
WOAHMYGOD THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!
-clicks in skype-
CAN YOU GUYS LISTEN TO MY ACCENT
them: OK
-talks in various accents-
~Ten Minutes Later~
SO CAN I?
them: yeah

I can apparently speak in a British accent really well. I don't think so, but there are some words that just come naturally in a British accent because of the way my mother taught me to speak (grammatically. It's hard to explain).

.little monster
July 27th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Psh, no. I am me, I have no talents.

World King
July 27th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I can do a British, French and mexican accent. Oh, wait! I AM Mexican. xD

White Glint
July 27th, 2009, 10:48 PM
For SOME ODD reason, British, Austrailian, and Mexican are the easiest for my to fake. And I'M BLACK.

God, I suprise myself. XD

Drew
July 27th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Uuum.. yeah.. a few.

I can do a country accent, German, French, British, and um.. 'Engrish', if thats what you'd call it. xD

Vie
July 28th, 2009, 04:27 AM
I can fake 3 different german accents, a british one, an american one and a french one. yay.

processr
July 28th, 2009, 04:30 AM
i can fake an irish accent (im part irish XD no wonder i can fake it so well)*aye just a wee bit laddie*

That's quite clearly a Scottish dialect, not Irish.

Venusaur♣
July 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I can fake a Mexican accent. Even though i'm Indian I can't fake an Indian accent lol.

Greene1516
July 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I naturally adapt to accents, so it's very easy for me to bring them back out.

That's quite clearly a Scottish dialect, not Irish.

And yes you are right, that's very Scottish. I am Irish, I still live in Ireland, and I've been to most of Ireland and nobody here speaks like that. Plus there is no set irish accent, the Dubliners' accents involve not pronouncing anything right (Colin Farrell is a good example), the Cork accents are very rural, the Waterford accent is flat, the Northerners have something similar to a watered down Scottish accent (but never say things like "ock aye laddie"; just listen to Sean Connery). Then there are us from Limerick, the commoners accents are painful and the everyday people are varied.

Hatenko
July 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I can do an Indian accent (who can't?)and a British accent. I can somewhat do french but it sounds like Pepe LePew or Angelique Morgan.

airindia787
July 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM
The only accent I can do well is the Indian accent, though I have to be careful as if I do it for too long I start speaking in Hinglish, which is where probelms develop for me.

I can do the London accent well enough.

The easiest accent for anyone to do is the Jamaican accent without a doubt.

Star★Seeker
July 28th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I can sorta fake a mexican and and british one. Not very good at them though, I usually end up pronouncing 'can't' like with an u in it. xD

Klippy
July 28th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Um...yeah, I do a pretty good British accent sometimes. Haha. And a good Scottish one also. :)

BakingBluePotatoe
July 29th, 2009, 03:23 AM

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1215457/lool.mp3

Also,

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1215457/hakeen.mp3

...I don't do it to make fun of people, but I just find it very amusing to try and imitate people and to have fun just trying to string my words along.
LOL! Siggy, that's hilarious! x3

As for me, I wasn't even trying to imitate an accent, and this guy says I sound like I'm from Manchester. XD
So... yeah.
I can probably do a Southern (US) Accent.
... I wonder if I can pull of a Japanese Accent... Probably can.
.... I wonder if I can do a Hungarian accent? Shouldn't be to hard, being half hungarian after all.
..... and MAYBE. Just MAYBE a Spainish one. (I am part spainish, after all.)

I'll record some stuff. XD