PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been in a car accident?

Naruto Uzumaki
July 28th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Have you? I've only been in one once. I shattered my leg but other then that it wasn't that bad. The guy pleaded innocence even though he told us it was his fault >:(.

Giraffles <3
July 28th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Yeah once, but no damage was caused to either driver. Car got a little messed up though :3.

donavannj
July 28th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Yes, but it was in my driveway. And it was one of my family's cars that I backed into. XD No serious damage to either vehicle.

Camisado
July 28th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Nope, but I almost hit something once, in a part of my local town where people signal too early for the next junction. Luckily I'm a good emergency stopper.

I've had to emergency stop for numerous deer and rabbits, if that counts too.

And recently my mum had to abruptly stop on a roundabout because somebody decided to pull out without looking. I'm so glad she didn't hit the guy - her Rav 4 is fairly old but incredibly reliable and she loves it, but it wouldn't be economical to repair after a crash.

...mostly I don't like driving at all because I have seen the extent of the idiocy on our roads.

ShinjisLover
July 28th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Three times. But they were little ones. Only scratched the car. Oddly enough, all three were with my gramma and in all three the others hit my gramma. Weird. . My gramma doesn't hit other cars, she likes to hit inanimate objects. </inside joke>

Gold warehouse
July 28th, 2009, 07:31 AM
No I havn't, which is surprising because my dad drives manically and he has a near miss practically every time he is driving.

Kinarii
July 28th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I've been in two, and neither involved people getting injured.

One was back in high school as I was driving to Tech. It was like, 7:30am, and I was going down the road and suddenly had a blowout, so I pulled into the nearest parking lot. I didn't have a cell phone yet, wasn't strong enough to do the things needed to get the donut put on my car, and no nearby businesses were open yet. Basically I was stuck there, but then some random nice dude came by and helped with the donut thing, so then I continued on my way.

Not even a mile from where I had been, I noticed traffic was stopped a little too late (perhaps due to still being flustered by the blowout incident), so I slammed on my brakes, but ended up rear-ending the 4-runner in front of me. Luckily the people in that car were nice ladies, and one even let me use her phone.

The other one happened this past December. It was dark, the roads were wet from rain, and someone turned left as I was going through the light, and hit the driver's side front corner of my car. The headlight still worked, and nothing inside the car was messed up, but my door became unopenable, so until I got the car fixed in late March, I had to use the passenger door to get in and out. I'm sure I looked pretty silly.

NarutoActor
July 28th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Going down route 9 nj and breakers go out 60mph hit the car in front of me they had a power fully jeep so no damage to them so they didn't sue but my van was totaled

JBW
July 28th, 2009, 08:05 AM
when i was a baby we smashed into a renault. My mum messed up her neck but I was fine.

EmeraldSky
July 28th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Unless you count fender-benders, then no

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 28th, 2009, 08:22 AM
yea I have when I was in the 4th grade, it was so bad that I lost a mjaority of hearing in my left ear

:t354:TG

Kazukii
July 28th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Thankfully not but I know my mum & dad were in a serious one before they had me :O They're ok now :] Just very careful drivers.

.little monster
July 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Yes! On our way to Cedar Point my step father was rear-ended. >: I broke my nose.