PDA

View Full Version : What subject are you good at?

Naruto Uzumaki
July 29th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Are you good at Math? Science? English? Reading? etc.

templekeeper
July 29th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I take issue with this topic. Some people don't have any natural talents in any academics (yet they may be a fantastic culinary artist or business administrator), and, to others, all of these areas are easy to excell in across the board. Additionally, you entirely neglected the social sciences/humanities Language doesn't cut it).

I'm assuming you mean having a natural aptitude for some subject when you made this thread, so I'm going to say Mathematics. In all honesty, I hate math. Solving a math problem lacks that feeling of accomplishment when you're done, and what do people in math do, anyways? They're slaves to people who can't do math in other disciplines. I prefer to use my math skills in more applied manners...
In a really simplified world, science is applied math (excl. biology 'cause it's a library science), and history is applied language.

Falcon Wing
I like Math, but I am really good at grammar, and writing.

MewMewXX
Pie :D

I'm best at German!!

processr
July 29th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I have natural aptitude for a lot of subjects, but my best is easily Mathematics. I'm very confident of an A* at A-level, having done the whole course in one year, and next year I'll be doing a Further Mathematics A-level (not entirely sure if it's A2 or AS only, though).

Anxiety.
July 29th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I'm good in Art and Science I think.
Well, above adverage, nothing amazingly special.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I'm good at English, I'm an A+ student in that subject

:t354:TG

mew²
July 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I once thought I was good at science. Til I met 7th grade science -_-
But I love Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie, so I'd have to say Pie!
But yeah, I'm good at math. d:

Kinarii
July 29th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I'm going to brag some here, because I excelled in all subjects. Math, science, English (reading comprehension, spelling, grammar; I was ahead of people, and apparently still am), etc. History/Social Studies wasn't as interesting (except when we studied ancient cultures and the origins of certain things like religions and such, but war and politics bored me to tears) so I didn't do quite as well in later years, but I never had trouble understanding or memorizing the material.

They say right-brained people are creative, artistic types, while left-brained people are better with concrete, factual things such as math. My mother and her relatives are very right-brained people, and my dad and his family are completely left-brained. Perhaps that's how I'm an artist and an academic.

However, I will say this. Though I may be good at all of those things, it's balanced out by the fact that I have horrible, horrible social skills (IRL anyway). I was also an epic failure in PE through my entire school career.

Katalyst
July 29th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Science. I'm also good at Maths, but I think that Science things are my best (mainly Chemistry).

.little monster
July 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Science and Math are pretty both equal subject in terms of what I am best at. So I figured..if I am good in both, why not take something that is both a science and math? Physics, yay! But, since I cant choose both Math and Science because someone didn't mark multiple choice, I chose science.

Zumi
July 29th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I am a A+ in Science and A in French and Math

SparkuxDaichi
July 29th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Science. I'm also good at Maths, but I think that Science things are my best (mainly Chemistry).

I find this ironic because my entire year failed Chemistry last year. The highest mark was 54% which I got xD

But I'm a very good languages person. I pick them up like nothing

Pyrax
July 29th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Science, Art, and French.
Nothing special.

Jasonpower
July 29th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I have a really good talent in science and i won 3rd place in my school's science fair,but 3rd place isn't that high,although i have trouble in math and english/literture.:)

Zorua
July 29th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I'm good at Math, Science, Reading, and English. I also perform really well in Psychology and History :D

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE
July 29th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I take issue with this topic. Some people don't have any natural talents in any academics (yet they may be a fantastic culinary artist or business administrator), and, to others, all of these areas are easy to excell in across the board. Additionally, you entirely neglected the social sciences/humanities Language doesn't cut it).

I'm assuming you mean having a natural aptitude for some subject when you made this thread, so I'm going to say Mathematics. In all honesty, I hate math. Solving a math problem lacks that feeling of accomplishment when you're done, and what do people in math do, anyways? They're slaves to people who can't do math in other disciplines. I prefer to use my math skills in more applied manners...
In a really simplified world, science is applied math (excl. biology 'cause it's a library science), and history is applied language.

Well, it's not like anyone's being forced the reply.

And 'culinary artist' and 'business administrator' are school subjects. Home Economics and Business studies!

My school has this obsession with rewarding the dumb. Everyone else gets cast aside for being too smart (even if that's just average - well, average is too smart in my school...).
Every effort is given to give either the worse behaved or slackers the most attention. Utter waste of time. 'Resource' classes for them in which they use computers instead of going to class. Guess what they do on these computers? Solitaire! (They can do whatever they like on them).
Anyways, I think most people's talents are actually covered in some way in school. My school has a huge curriculum covering anything from Metalwork to Music, CPSE (Politics) to Technical Graphics.

My best subjects are Home Ec., English and History. My worse is Irish (waste of time for all concerned.) and Maths.

Caelus
July 29th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Math, Science, Geography, and, to an extent, Language are my best subjects.
I end up getting a lot of A's from them, especially science.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
July 29th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I'm a bit of a nerd and I'm good at most things (apart from P.E.), but I'm probably best at Science.

Ayselipera
July 29th, 2009, 12:55 PM
History and English are my strong points.

Math... not so much.

Captain Fabio
July 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Well, in school I was good at IT and science.

Eucliffe
July 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Math.

Due to genes.

And various sorts of science, though it depends.

Same with languages. And English. To a certain extent.

Lily!
July 29th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I've had the most struggle with Maths over the years, and the least with English. Art is my biggest forte if you count that as a subject of importance. I've been slipping in Social Studies because it's hard to focus my attention to such a boring subject. I have very little stamina for Physical Education (on account of a medical condition that causes chronic fatigue which I've recently discovered. ;_;) so I don't do very good in that subject either.

I used to be such a well rounded, Honor-Roll student in my elementary days. As I've become more of a distracted, distressed, apathetic person, my grades have dropped significantly. I feel as if my mind is prioritizing everything and giving up on itself. It's kinda depressing really.

Rokusasu
July 29th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Either English, Geography or French. I loved to write, I loved environmental geography, and I can pick up languages quickly. I was kinda a jack-of-all-trades, good at most of my subjects, even P.E.

Though I sucked at Technology. Even my brother made a better cushion than I did. ;w;

ShinjisLover
July 29th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I'm good with Math, Science, Language Arts, and Technical Ed.. However, I sucked at P.E. and History. Ugh. . Unless we're learning about the Ancient Romans, Egyptians, or anything Ancient Greece.

NarutoActor
July 29th, 2009, 03:44 PM
math and biology i suck at spelling if you see some of my post you will know what I mean

Haza
July 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Science and English are the two that I never have much trouble in. Math happens to be my worst enemy.

Cassino
July 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Art is the only thing I gained a massive amount of praise on. I was too unwilling to get anything beyond a C in it.

donavannj
July 29th, 2009, 06:34 PM
My best subjects were the Social Studies courses (Geography, Economics, History, etc), the courses that dealt with computer software and skills (Computer Applications, Web Page Design, Intro to Microsoft Office, Advanced Office, etc), and the Physical Education courses that did not involve weight-lifting (I dislike weight training; I have always been less athletic, but I like competitions). Oh, and, surprisingly, even with my fear of public speaking, and an annoying mental issue of talking to strangers in general, I excelled in the required Speech course (I did have written materials that I spoke from, though).

Every other generic school subject that I've taken is middling for me. I was excellent at math until I fell asleep for the equivalent of half a year of Geometry my sophomore year. Then I was still good at a lot of math, but had this feeling I had missed out on some important stuff that prevented me from getting any better in my later math courses. My worst grades are in English, and that's because I loathe writing and have issues writing papers long enough because of my perfectionism. I excel at the grammar, spelling, and reading comprehension portions of English. I'm fantastic at learning Spanish, but trying to speak it properly is an issue because I can't roll an "rr", among other like things. I'm decent in science courses, but due to my sleeping through some important mathematics lessons, my math wasn't always so good when it came to physics. I did figure it out, though.

Åzurε
July 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Math and English. I enjoy Science, but I'm not quite as good at it.

Reminiscing
July 29th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry. Math, Math, Math.
I enjoyed them.
And probably Computer Subject and Physical Education.

Slash Beast ∞
July 29th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I destroyed Biology honors, so I guess I'm good at that.
P.E wasn't even funny. The minute I dunked the basketball, the teacher passed me.

Algebra 1 was pretty easy, cuz I had a fun teacher.
Reading and spelling isn't even a challenge.
I guess the subject I suck at is maybe...health.

It's not that I can't pass it. I mean, I'm good at the work and whatnot. But I'm not about to do the same crap that I did at another school that semester, even for a grade. I have my CPR liscense, thank you very much.

Star★Seeker
July 29th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I'm good at every school subject, however, Spanish and Math are the ones I have problems at. They're not that bad, though.

Tomos
July 30th, 2009, 02:54 AM
my favourite laungages are English and Germany

Bella_909
July 30th, 2009, 04:39 AM
I was good at Art and Science at school

Pokepal17
July 30th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Maths, English and Science. They're as easy as pi :).

>Feelings<
July 30th, 2009, 06:23 AM
From the options that you've given in this topic, I'm really good in maths, science, language.
I'm pretty good reading too, but I'm just not that good at pie, lol.

Apart from the options given, I'm very good at economics, accounting, applied mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
But since chemistry is highly memorization based, I can't remember anything about it in depth right off the bat right now, because it's been years since I'm finished with that subject.

You should have given more obvious options than just these four though...

Neko64
July 30th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I think the generic subject I'm most good at is math. However, in my junior year I think the highest grade I had was in Animal Science. <3

MegaSH8
July 30th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I'm good at all of them except for Pie xD

I got an "A" in Language every quarter this school year.

Ascaris
July 31st, 2009, 12:25 AM
English and Sciences mainly. Though I'm not poor in other subjects I take.

ALC_Allstar
July 31st, 2009, 12:32 AM
I am good at Art, Biology, Math, and Social Studies. I hate Reading/C.A. =(

Citrinin
July 31st, 2009, 12:37 AM
I'm good at all except PE. My best subject is probably either Maths or English.

EDIT: woot! 700 posts~ :D

Ayano Katagiri
July 31st, 2009, 12:47 AM
Maths and sciences (especially Chemistry). I'm more of a science person, I can't handle History or social studies style subjects (hey, alliteration. :o).

RYOUKI
July 31st, 2009, 12:58 AM
I'm great at anything you have to memorise in your head. English, Geography, Social Studies, Science, but remember this: I'm horrible at numbers, meaning Mathematics and Physics = no no.

That's actually the only subject I failed, while I got all distinction.

Vie
July 31st, 2009, 02:36 AM
I suck at french, but I'm best in english. :3 and I'm also good in sports.

Idiot!
July 31st, 2009, 04:00 PM
I struggle hard in literature, but I am usually the first one to finish my Maths paper with no unanswered questions.

dotKarma
July 31st, 2009, 04:29 PM
I am pretty good at most subjects, and I could get straight A's in school if I actually applied myself, so it all comes down to what I enjoy pretty much. I've always enjoyed reading and have been an amazing speller, so I can kind of say english, even though I only get high B's and low A's if the class is actually worth it and has a good teacher. I also pick up on languages pretty well.

Went
August 1st, 2009, 04:15 AM
Geography for some reason, History because I love it and Physics because it's all logic-based XD

Sakura Rain
August 5th, 2009, 07:08 PM
My best subjects are Science and History. In my U.S. History class last year, I got a 108% on one of my unit tests. I made a B in Biology, so I count myself as smart in that. NO I'M NOT BRAGGING AT ALL

The Corrupt Plague
August 6th, 2009, 02:46 AM
For me, its History because I have a natural talent with it. I always pass with A's in there almost every year. (except for last year, but that was because I was distracted by a crush, I still passed it with a B.) My worst is math, also referred to as room 101. for some odd reason, every year it is THAT class I always pass by the skin of my teeth.

Vednix
August 6th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Maths. I always had a knack for it, and I'm going into a career involving it.

Graceful
August 6th, 2009, 04:57 AM
I'm good at Science but It matters which topic. I'm brilliant at Space and stuff like that but that's it! Then I'm good at reading and English but my teacher just annoys me and gives me lower marks :(. Then there is IT,I got one of the highest marks in my year so I'll say I'm good at that! And I'm also good at....PIE! Apple Pie,Blackcurrant and apple Pie,Pukka Pies........XD

Michii
August 6th, 2009, 06:27 AM
It depends on what you mean by "good." Good for me is an A+. Good for someone else may be a B or C. I get A's in almost every subject, so I'm not bad at anything. But some claseses I struggle to get the grades that I get. Science is a good example of that. I slip up and get B's sometimes. This past year was filled with low B's, actually :/.

The subjects that come most naturally to me are English and Math. Social Studies was harder to get an A in up until this past school year. I'm good at it now, but before everything was just memorization and no real understanding. But English and Math were always easier for me, especially English. :]

Giraffles <3
August 6th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I rock at Math, it's so easy :3. Good at History and English as well :3.

Suki
August 6th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I'm pretty good at Science (used to hate it cuz I sucked so much), and pretty good at Maths but mainly Product Desigh :)

BowtiePenguin
August 6th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I'm pretty good at most subjects, especially Science. I really only do badly in things like Art and PhysEd, which I hate.

Hyper Chibi Absol
August 6th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Math and art when I was in High School. Also Horticulture and Agricultutre. :3

Alexithymia~
August 6th, 2009, 09:11 AM
According to my test results this year my top three were:
English
German
R.E

Yamikarasu
August 6th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I'm good at math, but I don't really have any interest in it. I enjoy Science a lot though, and I'm good at that too. So I'll pick those. I probably could be "good" at all my subjects if I just cared a bit more. :/

Heather
August 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Im really good in math but I absolutely loath it! The subject I really like is History because these people did some amazing things (some of them) and it just seems to interest me.

Pokemon Master Gold
August 6th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Math! I actually like Math a LOT. lol

The Scientist
August 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm good at everything I do.

Everything.

Archer
August 6th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I'd like to see how old the people that claim maths is incredibly easy are. Sure, being clever is enough to get you through the earlier parts, but it sure gets tough later on. I mean, I'm doing Extension 1 Maths for Yr 11 (Australia) and it's not easy. I do okay, but it's not something that you don't have to think about.

My best subjects are French, Chemistry, Physics and Software. Maths is fine, but I hate English. I'm not failing it or anything, but I loathe the fact that it's the only compulsory subject. If it was an English Language study, It would make sense and I'd probably enjoy it, but it's just literature study.

PlatinumSkye
August 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
English because I can read a book assigned by the teacher and take note of the details and the characterization and put it into answers for assigned questions. Plus I love writing stories and reviewing other people's work.

The only part of english in general I'm not good at is commas.

xxxLatiasxxx
August 6th, 2009, 10:29 PM
The subject I would have to say I'm good at is Language.

ReyRey-Pyon
August 7th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I enjoy pie :3

If Music and Art don't count...
I'm best in English, and History, Then Science and Math. I lack all athletic ability for PE though /flail

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 7th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Since I'm not from the West, I learn most of my subjects in my own language(Malay), except for Science and Maths. For this, I'd have to say that my best subject would be Science, followed by English, and third is Geography.

Sweet Candace
August 7th, 2009, 06:09 AM
I'm really good at History. I'm not sure why, I'm just more interested in learning about past events than anything else.

A Real True Winner Is Me
August 7th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I am really good at Math. I get A's, mostly.

Devil's Guitarist
August 7th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Maths,i love numbers and i love calculations....piece of cake

Forever
August 8th, 2009, 01:30 AM
History and Media... I've generally aways been good at both of them. :D

killanotha1
August 8th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm naturally good at history 8D

But I'm also good at math. . . When I explain it to others >_>;; But on math tests I tend to do bad. I have no clue why. D: So then some people don't believe me when I say I'm good at math. It's horrible. I once tutored my friend who is really bad at math and she got a 97 on the test, and I got a 47 on the same test. D':

Otter
August 9th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I guess math wins out for me here, but I really prefer science. That being said, the statistics branch of mathematics also interests me a lot, and I'm good at that too. o:

Lucy Lu
August 9th, 2009, 07:29 PM
When I was in school was pretty good in Math, Science, and History. At first I had trouble with Math, but then I had the proper tutoring and help with my dad. Then I started getting good in Math. Same with Science. I thought Science was boring at first, but when I got better in Math Science became easy and fun. And History...I just love learning and I can think back some dates when this was created and stuff. I am good in English...til I have to write a research paper. x.x Ugh...I hate research papers! And I am very good with Reading too. I guess every subject I am good at. It just those three I mentioned I did the best in.

I really need to get back to college...

Cornelius
August 9th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I can't really say. I have the most knowledge on Science and Language, but I get the higher grades in Math. Try to figure that one out.

So I suppose Math.

sanny the hedgehog
August 9th, 2009, 07:37 PM
ehh im good at lunch and socalizing, good at art
its just the art teachers at my school dont think manga is art!!!
:(
it really sucks not having the power to do what you want!!
oh and im good at reading as long as its a book that will keep me at the edge of my seat every second!!

Samurai X
August 10th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I am good at pretty much all subjects except Language. I voted for science though because that is by far my best and favorite subject.

⋚Raika⋚
August 10th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Other.
Geography. I keep getting As even though I study for tests at the last minute.

.Seth
August 10th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Let's see, if I just divide the square root by pi, and then multiply it by the trinomial of the...Oh, you wanted to ask me something? :3

Gummy
August 10th, 2009, 09:19 AM
History is my forte, probably due to my favorite channel being the History channel. I was put into the Advanced Placement course for my Junior year of High School and even though I did pretty average on the AP exam, my score on the statewide exam was a 98.

Camisado
August 10th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I'm good at IT (information technology, computing, computer class, whatever you want to call it) as that's what my job and apprenticeship is now!

I'm also quite knowledgeable with Geology.

Cirrus
August 10th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Inglese, Latin, French, Spanish, etc. Mostly Latin and Inglese. I'm also good at Math and Science, but I'm better at Math than at Science, apparently.

IcyArceusRider
August 10th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I said pie. ^_^

Only because I really am not good at school in general. If there's one thing I'm really good at in school it's playing my clarinet in the band. Other than that...it's not that I'm not smart, it's just that I don't want to try so I'm just not very good at it. I suppose that's a bad thing. 0.0

Oh well. This is my senior year so it shouldn't be too complicated..