PDA

View Full Version : What's your job/ dream job?

Neutrino
July 29th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I'm studying psychology at school, and want to become a psychological profiler, and then join the police as a police psychologist. Knowing how a person works is a useful skill, and would prove useful in the force.

What's your job, or, what do you want to be when you grow up?

SparkuxDaichi
July 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I would love to be a musician that's why I spend so much time practicing my guitar and vocals. Only when I'm in class do I practice piano though since I don't have one at home

Stellar
July 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I'd love to be an animator, but right now I have my hands full just drawing stationary things. xD
But when I was little I always wanted to be a musher. This comes from watching Balto non-stop as a kid.

Anxiety.
July 29th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I want to be a Forensic Scientist, or a Game Designer.

templekeeper
July 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM
As far as dream job goes (and because dreams are without bounds), mine has to be a job where I can delegate all of my work to somebody else. The ideal job (that probably none of us will have) is one where you have a plate full of tasks and you assign every last one to somebody else and still get paid. It'll never happen, but it sure would be nice.

Haza
July 29th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I would love to be a reality TV star!

Bagel
July 29th, 2009, 04:40 PM
My ambition is to be a writer. I would like to publish my own book someday, its my dream to have a best seller.

And while i'm working towards that i would like to be a writer/reporter for a newspaper.
thats been my dream since i was 5 and i don't think its ever going to change. ^_^

Chikara
July 29th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I'm a cashier, and I have been since 2006.

I WANT to go to college for my major in Elementary Education, and a minor in European History (France OHMIGAWD *^*). EVENTUALLY, that'll lead to my teaching English as a Second Language(ESL) in other countries.

I WILL NOT DENY IT, I'D LOVE TO TEACH IN JAPAN =w=/

bgt
July 29th, 2009, 05:45 PM
It is what you make of it.

Personally I love my job. I don't really have a "dream" job per say.

If you want something, go get it.

Probably a nurse. Nothing special. Just seeing the look on someone's face when you genuinely help them is worth a million.

Silhouette
July 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I want to be a pilot someday, but people are real skeptical about it. =/

Red1530
July 29th, 2009, 06:28 PM
My dream job is to be meteorologist.

Ayselipera
July 29th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Movie Director. Although I heard women have a hard time getting into the movie business. Which is really annoying because I hate challenges! :D

bgt
July 29th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Movie Director. Although I heard women have a hard time getting into the movie business. Which is really annoying because I hate challenges! :D

We can make a bunch of Indie movies. Game?

Shem
July 29th, 2009, 08:44 PM
My dream job would to be a veterinarian and specialize in herps, however virtually anything with biology would suit me well.

White Glint
July 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
If F1 racing counts, then there ya go.

However, if not, then I'd want to be an Astrologist, or a Counselor.

Giraffles <3
July 29th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Don't know at the moment, maybe a bartender or a mailman (just cause I love mail trucks <3) but other than those 2, I'm not sure at all :3.

Jirachification
July 30th, 2009, 01:27 AM
I want to be a pediatrician. Lots of schooling though

Little Monster
July 30th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Singer or Game Designer. Any of the two will suit me.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 30th, 2009, 07:09 AM
At first my dream job was to become a Medical examiner but every since I took Forensics as a jr in H.S, my choice changed to becoming a CSI

:t354:TG

Neutrino
July 30th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Lot's of jobs I wanted to be when I was really little and didn't understand appeared on this thread! Namely:

Bestselling writer
Mailman (postman pat, lol)
Movie Director
Pilot

I always wanted to be a writer most, though now, my minds set on psychology.

Rich Boy Rob
July 30th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I want to train to be a Graphics Designer but over the years I've claimed I want to be (in order first to last) a:
- Astronaut
- Artist
- Astronaut
- Cartoonist
- Animator
- Game Designer

That's all I can remember, but I'd still quite like to be a game designer if I get the chance

machinegun777
July 30th, 2009, 09:23 AM
When I grow older, I'm thinking of become a computer programmer. XD

Wi-fi Battler
July 30th, 2009, 09:26 AM
lol my dream job is kinda nerdy, but oh well.
I want to be a game designer.

Ultraviolence
July 30th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I've all ways had a passion for animals, so an Animal Conservationist is my ideal job. I all ready do volentary work with a Animal Protection Leauge in Northumberland.

Alli
July 30th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I want to be awesome and work for Nintendo Power.

Rokusasu
July 30th, 2009, 11:55 AM
A writer. Or someone who comes up with concepts for video games. :P Alternatively to those two, a meteorologist would be cool because I'm a total weather geek. XD

Captain Hobo.
July 30th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Pro Basketball player or a game tester

Nemaru
July 30th, 2009, 05:47 PM
My dream job is to have my own reality TV show where I get hideous amounts of money to buy and do crazy and ridiculous things to entertain people. For example, let's say I buy a mansion, a yacht, and an extra strength crane. I would pick up the yacht with the crane and use it as a recking ball to turn the house into a heap of rubble. =] And then I'd make a vertical mountain out of the rumble and bunge jump. Yes, that would be awesome. And then I'd go to Wal-mart and recreate jack*** by riding in a shopping cart and crashing into all of the isles and pay for the damages, then buy a speedo at the same time and run around the street in a speedo asking for taco bell. And the best part is I get an even more hideous amount of money just for doing that stupid stuff! That would be vulgar, disturbing, yet complete win.

Or I could just get payed trillions for doing whatever I want whenever I want.

Aljam
July 30th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Ever since I remember I wanted to make video games. I also wanted to be a computer engineer. We are the future! HOO--

rah?

23Q
July 31st, 2009, 07:18 AM
Well, i always wanted to be a famous professional sports basketballer.
but i like animals too much, so im trying for a vet or a zoo keeper when im older :)

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
July 31st, 2009, 07:51 AM
I got my head in the clouds.

To be the Prime Minister of my country, that is really my actual dream no joke.

Other than that,
Published Writer,
Robotics Engineer

ShadowLeader
July 31st, 2009, 09:48 AM
I work at a restaurant now.....but I want to be a police officer. But I can't until I am 21 so....just gotta wait about four more years...

Jasonpower
July 31st, 2009, 10:34 AM
I want to be a enviormental scientist because in college im going to major in that subject.:badsmile:

score_under
July 31st, 2009, 11:26 AM
Job: None
Dream jobs: Anything highly-paid involving computers, naturalist, psychotherapist, doctor or surgeon of any kind.

...now, which to aim for?

Blue Nocturne
August 1st, 2009, 10:27 AM
I'm hoping to get into endocrinology or possibly Oncology. I already have books about the subject and on my biology practice test i scored an A*.

Now my DREAM job? that would be a Character Designer for a Game Franchise

.little monster
August 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
I would love to be a Physicist, or a Meteorologist. o.o

Jason1911
August 1st, 2009, 02:57 PM
I want to train to be a Graphics Designer but over the years I've claimed I want to be (in order first to last) a:
- Astronaut
- Artist
- Astronaut
- Cartoonist
- Animator
- Game Designer

That's all I can remember, but I'd still quite like to be a game designer if I get the chance

Wow.... this is exactly! my list.
Scary
Still Astronaut by far though.

02linclse
August 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
no job but dream job is a touring musician

Yuoaman
August 5th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I'm planning on going to University next year for my Bachelors in Computer Science, then my Masters in Game Design.

I'd also like to write, fantasy to be exact.

IceSage
August 5th, 2009, 10:24 PM
It's time to GEEK IT UP a notch and reply to this thread with...

Customer Service Representative for Blizzard Entertainment. Basically, an in-game Game Master for WoW. Yes, many of you will hate me for this. =P

But hey! I like being helpful and in CSF related situations, but I don't like most jobs that do it. And hey, I love computers and drone-like tasks. So, this job would be perfect for me.

Mukkamoto
August 6th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Planning on becoming a Pilot. Sounds fun.

Vednix
August 6th, 2009, 02:47 AM
A game developer. I always had a dream where I got a letter from Nintendo inviting me to join in thier game developing <3. However, I'm stuck in a rut with maths, and have no time for programming or modeling -.-

@IceSage: SO you play WoW? Me too!

Suki
August 6th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I would loooove to work for Nintendo. BUT I do wanna be a window wiper cleaner, cuz that just looks so cool, with their swiping methods.

BowtiePenguin
August 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Right now I'm an usher in a movie theater. I'm going to study Biology and Zoology in school and be a zoologist, because I love working with animals.

IceSage
August 6th, 2009, 06:31 PM
@IceSage: SO you play WoW? Me too!

Yes and no. I play sometimes, but not really. If I do play, it's usually to mess around on the test realm, or to get limited time things I can't get at any other time. Like seasonal events, etc. Otherwise, I barely play the game anymore. The only reason why my account is active is because I like to occasionally post on their forums, especially the "Customer Service Forum."

Gold warehouse
August 6th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I will be happy with almost any job, as long as it keeps me constantly occupied and provides adequate pay. I don't think there is anything within my scope of abilities that I could truly enjoy.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 6th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Game Designer, plz.

I wouldn't mind being a chef, either.
anything that lets me use my creativity, that not take my ideas and twist them to someone else's. D:<

ReyRey-Pyon
August 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM
My dream job is supreme ruler of the universe
I don't really know what i want to be.
Something in art...maybe, I don't really know, I'm so indecisive ;n;

wen i gro ^ i wan 2 b k00l d(<u>)b

Chiku Hamasaki
August 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Graphic Designer & an animator. haha : P Even though I almost stink at drawing and creating abstract but blah. All i know is, i've already got some pre-college classes lined up for it. :3 So I'm going to give it my all. It's been my dream for a while now. I totally failed at the whole "I'm going to be a doctor when I grow up!" phase. xDD but blah.

SonicThrust
August 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I currently work as an office assistant at a law firm and I will likely be started a job that is sipmly data entry in September.

Eventually I want to be a lawyer.

pikapeekatchu
August 7th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I am a graphic desginer and on my part time i make my own mangas
ahah
there awesome but not good enough to be published

Zorua
August 8th, 2009, 03:34 AM
I plan to become a doctor. :D

A long road, but I'll get there. :3

Gnosoul30
August 8th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Accounting is what I'm studying for. I took it in sophmore and junior year. I planning to study in Accounting in college next year. Hopefully in life I can be a good Accountant.

Kisaragi
August 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM
IDK, I just want to work in like a dump or something. There's like so much stuff you can find there, like seriously.

Graceful
August 9th, 2009, 10:26 AM
My dream is to be an author or a singer. Also wish to think up plots in video games. or....a graphic designer!

vanna.
August 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM
My absolute dream job would be a bassist or singer of a ska band.
But that's unlikely to turn into a career -__-"
But my realistic dream job is a merchandizing manager or tour manager for bands.

Otter
August 9th, 2009, 01:38 PM
My dream job would probably be to work as an environmental scientist. I love the combination of being to work out in the field, use statistics, biology, and chemistry, and mix in a little bit of law work in there. It's not a very high-paying job though, so I'm probably aiming for a medical career instead.

funny1always
August 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
My dream job is to be a ninja

Akio123
August 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I want to be a psychiatrist or Journalist.

22sa
August 12th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I'm going to solve problems in the finance industry mathematically and intelligently.

Guy
August 12th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I'd really like to get into the acting industry as it is something I've started growing up learning to do. California is my aim to head to college next year or so, but we'll see what happens from there. However, as a second option I recently got into graphic designs and it has taken my interest, so I wouldn't mind looking more into that field and starting something from there either.

Hassamu
August 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
In a fantasy world I would be a musician.
Though more realistically I will probably go into either engineering or surveying.

arceusx
August 13th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Video game designer. Guilty.

Owl
August 13th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Zoology. I have been studying animals ever since I knew the word Animals. I talked to my friends uncle who is one and he says I know just as much about Zoology as an average Zoologist who just graduated from College. o.o

Extric
August 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I'm currently an Usher/Concessionaire at a movie theater. My career goal is to become a video game programmer and then, a little later down the road, a video game designer. Once I get tired of doing all that I can't decide between becoming a professor and teaching design/programming or maybe owning my own video game retail store.

twocows
August 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I want to be part of a disaster response team. I could also help with any computer systems involved.

However, I'd be fine with becoming an IT worker, as well (which is what I'm currently working toward).

poopnoodle
August 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
My interests are widespread and I tend to get involved with something new every week. I just got out of high school and I planning my future is beyond me...I'm just going to wing it and see where I end up. I'm not real picky...I wouldn't even mind being homeless. I have a huge heart for animals though, I wouldn't be surprised if I landed a career in that area.

jmc489
August 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I'm majoring in Psychology, but my dream job is to be the General Manager of a professional hockey team.

Crimson Stardust
August 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
my dream job was to become a animater and a anime creator